Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Liverpool v Inter Milan (19/02/2008) ko 7.45pm - Pre match thread

Read 8763 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Re: Liverpool v Inter Milan (19/02/2008) ko 7.45pm - Pre match thread
      Reply #92: Feb 19, 2008 09:59:55 am
      I sincerely hope Harry 'The Showboat' Kewell doesn't get handed another chance for us to despise him. 

are you kiding? if kewell brings out another performance like he did against marseile: 3 amazing assists and almost scoring then i at least want him on the bench.

Think that everyone is getting those pre-match nerves, we've been waiting a while for this match! Can't wait either, I'm wearing my shirt all day for good luck!  ;)  ;D

yeh ive been wearing mine all day too mate ;D
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #93: Feb 19, 2008 10:20:31 am
      are you kiding? if kewell brings out another performance like he did against marseile: 3 amazing assists and almost scoring then i at least want him on the bench.

Dobbs without falling out with you sometimes I wonder why you Aussies bother with Harry at all.  Sometimes I always think that you support Harry because he's the only Aussie we've got.  Without any disrespect of course.

I have put him in 'my' starting 11 for tonight, but to be completely honest the only thing I can struggle to remember is something very positive about him this season. Fair enough. Injuries are injuries and Harry's been kissed by a curse (probably should think about getting rid of the wife ;)) Don't get me wrong though.  I'm a fan of Harry and it frustrates the living daylight out of me when he's doing well and suddenly gets injured & we don't see him for another season.

But he really needs to start picking up his performances if he wants to stand a chance in being here next season.

He always comes back with a point to prove and we all know how deadly he can be on his day.  We need to really see that deadly edge again, preferably tonight as we face looking down the barrel of a gun when Inter come at us tonight.

Harry's got nothing to lose.  Other than a new contract at the end of the season that Rafa probably has locked in his desk right now.  Because we all know how much Rafa loves Harry.

Lets hope he gives himself the performance he needs for that huge confidence booster, and the fans some assurance that he can still do it.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #94: Feb 19, 2008 10:33:20 am
      The one other player we need to have the game of their lives tomorrow is our twelfth man, the crowd. Even before our poor run started this season I was highly disappointed with the atmosphere we've had at Anfield, and feel this has contributed to the snowball effect that seems to be running out of control. Every man woman and child should sing at the top of their voices for 90 minutes tomorrow night, if it was down to me I'd give anyone who doesn't a permanent banning order to prevent them ruining any future games.

I believe we can do this, and I know a lot of other people on here believe we can do. Hopefully the players will believe they can too, I'd like to see how many 'Rafa out' posters we have on the boards afterwards if we do.

Terrific post Eddie - sort of post that makes you want sing in a craze all through the game tonight...if you know and want to S U P P O R T that is...

I hope it has the same effect on the peeps actually going to the game tonight, as WE have let the team down, just as much as the team has let us down this season (I'm convinced that our silence adds anxiety to many inexperienced and mentally weak players in our squad).

Anfield has been a library on too many occassions this season. I know it will NOT be the case tonight.

Rafa do us proud,
      Players do us proud,
      Anfield do us proud,
      WW REDMEN sing your hearts out for our lads ...from every corner of the planet!!!!!!!!!!

WITH ALL OUR POSITIVE RED ENERGY COMBINED - WE WILL WIN THIS GAME.

Y N W A         I R W T
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #95: Feb 19, 2008 10:34:59 am
      I totally agree court mate, and maybe I am abit bias towards him, ill give him the support in hope that he will stay fit all ways. im more english than iam aussie though mate.

no offense taken at all, I feel your frustration probably more than most reds supporters because im in aus and I want him to do well, I dont deny that. I do believe hes capable of pulling off some amazing things but at the end of the day if he cant keep form and if we can buy someone more consistant then im all for it.

I do however feel unsure as to what will happen with harry's future, id like to see another good performance against Inter like he did to marseille if hes given the chance.  ;)

maybe he should ditch the wife  :f_tongueincheek:

If i dont hear anfeild on tv for the full 90 mins or if i hear inters supporters at all ill be on here bitching all F***ing night! non of that quiet sh*te any more, the 12th man needs to be heard
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 10:43:45 am by DOBBS83 »
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #96: Feb 19, 2008 11:58:01 am
      I would like to see a line-up of

Reina
      Carragher  Skertl   Hyppia    Arbeloa
                      Mascherano
      Babel           Gerrard                Riise
                  Torres       Crouch

I think this would give us a very strong defensive line, but also the players to hit fast and direct on the attack. I also but Babel on the right because if you look at most of his goals, he has been coming in from the right.

I hope we will be determined to put things right!

Come on liverpool YNWA!!!!!!!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #97: Feb 19, 2008 12:04:23 pm
      Simple

Reina
      Arbeloa  Carra  Skrtel  Aurelio
      Gerrard  Lucas Masch  Babel
                  Crouch Torres
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #98: Feb 19, 2008 12:07:57 pm
      Simple

Reina
      Arbeloa  Carra  Skrtel  Aurelio
      Gerrard  Lucas Masch  Babel
                  Crouch Torres

Looks a damn good team that... pity Xabi so off form, those killer threaded passes to Torres just haven't materialised that much this season.

Hope Skrtel, Lucas and Babel don't crack under the pressure cooker that tonight will be.

I R W T
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #99: Feb 19, 2008 12:10:32 pm
      Eddie I see your point and is a very valuable assesment, I would still stick with Pennant even if he is one dimensional in contrast to Benayoun. Zanetti and Cordoba are skilfull players (for their positions) and do not have the greatest pace anymore. Therefore I would think they would much prefer to mark someone who is good with the ball but not as pacey.

Well I am of to bed now, dont know if i will be able to sleep the game here is at 6:30 a.m and i have the gitters , so i will focus all my prayers tonight on a LFC victory.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,800 posts | 6747 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #100: Feb 19, 2008 12:12:47 pm
      I'm so fcuking nervous, 1 minute to go to finish work 23.14 , then I got to try to get some sleep before 6.30am kick off our time..no chance. Go you REDS....we love you dudes, just show us how much you love us back. Take them Italians apart and just make it a very special Anfield Red night. Good Luck everyone....
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #101: Feb 19, 2008 12:29:22 pm
      I'm so fcuking nervous, 1 minute to go to finish work 23.14 , then I got to try to get some sleep before 6.30am kick off our time..no chance. Go you REDS....we love you dudes, just show us how much you love us back. Take them Italians apart and just make it a very special Anfield Red night. Good Luck everyone....

6:30am, quality kick off time :D
      When you going to make that spare room of yours available? I've always wanted to go to Australia! The people out there are sooo cool!!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,255 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #102: Feb 19, 2008 12:39:00 pm
      6:30am, quality kick off time :D
      When you going to make that spare room of yours available? I've always wanted to go to Australia! The people out there are sooo cool!!!

Would not go at the moment the exchange rate is cr@p, £1.00 to A$2.02 before any one says  :ontopic:  I'm :f_sorry:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #103: Feb 19, 2008 02:43:06 pm
      OK folks I'm off to the match now......lets hope I can bring a bit of magic to the boys, just like the Besikitas game  ;)

Wish me luck, I just know we are going to win, and the sun has just this second come out.

2-0  COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Nearly forgot the tickets :o, imagine if I'd have got all the way up there and left the tickets at home :o

SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #104: Feb 19, 2008 03:48:09 pm
      I would like to see this starting 11 tonite

Reina

Finnan            Carra         Skrtl        Riise

Pennant         Gerrard      Masch     Babel

Crouch
                                      Torres
      marronthered
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 33 posts |
      Reply #105: Feb 19, 2008 04:51:48 pm
      come on the reds - the omens are there - after saturday the hunger is there (the players wud need to show some tonight or they shud be shot) - the fans will be there -
      the italians dont know what to expect from liverpool tonight i only hope if we score first we can capitalise and get a few more - bring back garcia for the night eh? ;D
      ynwa
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #106: Feb 19, 2008 04:59:24 pm
      I've felt alright all day today, probably cos I was so busy in work, but now i'm on here my nerves are kicking in  :D :D  Hope this is a night to remember for all the right reasons, we need that CL semi final against Chelsea atmosphere (what a night that was  ;))

COME ON YOU REDS !!!  WE LOVE RAFA !!!   COME ON YOU REDS !!!  WE LOVE RAFA !!! 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #107: Feb 19, 2008 05:07:05 pm
      Same here. I went past Anfield today a couple of times and didn't feel any nerves at all. Now, it's starting to kick in....

All I want to see tonight is nothing but hard work, desire and good passing of the ball. No matter who is picked. If we can do that, we can get a good result.

If....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2845 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #108: Feb 19, 2008 05:15:58 pm
      Lying in bed last night thinking about the game I just got a feeling that Ryan Babel will be the hero tonight and its stuck with me all day today. Everyone will talk about Gerrard and Nando but I have a gut feeling that the kid Babel will be the hero tonight. If im wrong and we win great!!

Inter on paper to me arent as a daunting prospect as say Barce but I believe there players will work to make it a tough game tonight but I do believe we will beat them 2-1 and thatw e will hold out over there

Please Anfield get behind the lads tonight lets send these lot back to Italy with there tails between there legs

COME ON REDMEN!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,350 posts | 1533 
      Reply #109: Feb 19, 2008 06:22:33 pm
      Just hope we win, Brilliantly or ugly, Just so long as we win. C.O.Y.M.REDS. I've a gut feeling the Italians think it is going to be a formality and are going to get a big surprise. 3 - 0
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #110: Feb 19, 2008 06:29:58 pm
      Just seen the Liverpool coach at the top of our road and it was bombing it towards Anfield.

Good sign.
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #111: Feb 19, 2008 06:41:40 pm
      I am exited, I want already that begin the match!!!

go redmans!!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #112: Feb 19, 2008 06:45:16 pm
      Just seen the Liverpool coach at the top of our road and it was bombing it towards Anfield.

Good sign.

Lets hope Torres can run as fast !!   ;) :D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #113: Feb 19, 2008 06:53:43 pm
      A clean sheet is a requirement tonight. Anything else is a bonus. I feel we can take it to 'em at San Siro and nick and away goal with Torres, so hopefully we'll not give any advantage to them before that game by conceding here.

I would take 1-0 in no uncertain terms right now, no hesitation.

I'm almost shaking with excitement. This game is massive for so many reasons.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Quick Reply