Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Eduardo suffers 'horror injury'

Read 7723 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Eduardo suffers 'horror injury'
      Reply #46: Feb 29, 2008 01:31:42 am
      Hang on a minute Dadorious. There is players like Taylor all over the world mate.

Remember what Bilic was like when he played for Everton and West Ham? He was filthy and used to go into tackles without a care in the world.

It's a shame, but these accidents will occur every now and then in football all over the world. Nobody wants to see it happen. But football is a contact sport. And I was gutted for Eduardo just as much as I would be for any player of any nationality.

Think you're a little bit out of order for solely slagging English players off when I guess you're a bit upset because Eduardo was a key player for your nation in the up coming Euros.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #47: Feb 29, 2008 01:49:10 am
      Offcourse I am bitter and I am not implying that Croatian's or Bilic was an angel. Yes he was rough and ruthless but the man knew how to pass a ball properly and chip in with a few goals. He did have two famous icindents 1. "stepping on Ziegle in Euro 96" and faking that head butt from Blanc in WC 98.

But he never went in breaking anyone's leg. I am not just slagging off Taylor but how many of these tackles do we see each round?? I d say about 10 where the outcome is not as bad, hence I am saying it typifies English football.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #48: Feb 29, 2008 02:15:58 am
      English football is no more or no less worse though. It's just focused upon more. A broken leg in the Premiership is massive news.

I know you weren't implying that Croations or Bilic himself are angels mate. I was just giving you an example that's closer to home to you that bad tackles can and will go on like this all over the place - it's not just English players that have a mind of an OX so to speak.

A lot of these tackles happen but the outcome is usually not a terrible injury like Eduardo suffered. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

You should take heart that Croatia are a decent team without Eduardo though. They play like a team. Which is the fundamental thing English superstar players can't do.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #49: Mar 01, 2008 04:03:31 am
      I just saw the tackle, its incredible, and made me gasp in pain, Best wishes to Eduardo, I'd like to also wish him that he joins LFC! I don't think the tackle was much worse than a red card and a match ban.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #50: Mar 01, 2008 04:53:56 am
      I just saw the tackle, its incredible, and made me gasp in pain, Best wishes to Eduardo, I'd like to also wish him that he joins LFC! I don't think the tackle was much worse than a red card and a match ban.

You know.  That isn't much of a bad idea.  Obviously it would be a huge question mark now that if Eduardo would come back in to full form & full fitness again.

The form he was on he would of been the ideal partner for Fernando Torres.  Both very different players.  Eduardo is like a Robbie Fowler 'as first mentioned by Arsene Wenger & echoed by me' a real eye for the goal.  As Torres has a knack of attracting defenders towards him the lay off to Eduardo would be perfect. 

But he's injured and I can't (as much as I want to) see him in a Red Liverpool shirt upfront with Torres.  Real shame.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #51: Mar 01, 2008 05:15:21 am
      I think he'll come back, he's young,  but i just don't think he'll be the same again when he does.
      Once again best wishes to him.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #52: Mar 02, 2008 01:41:54 am
      Something not alot of people know. Eduardo has broken someone elses leg before in football.

'Why I forgave Eduardo for breaking my leg'
      By Jonathan Wilson
      Last Updated: 12:57am GMT 02/03/2008

A bad challenge resulting in a sickening injury; a player helpless on the pitch, his career in jeopardy; horror at the incident turns to anger at the tackler. Events at St Andrew's last Saturday brought back bad memories for Marijan Buljat. The only difference being Eduardo da Silva was the victim rather than the culprit.

Arsenal homepage | Football fans' forum
      In pics: Premier League action
      Not that Buljat ever blamed Eduardo for the injury that put on hold a hugely promising career which now seems almost to be back on track. He, like Eduardo this time around, seems to have retained a remarkable sense of perspective amid the furore. While a Croatian website has attracted over 30,000 names calling for Birmingham's Martin Taylor to be banned for life and the newspaper 'Jutarnji List' referred to him as an "executioner", Eduardo, perhaps aware of how easily such things can happen, has been forgiving.

Shared pain: Eduardo's perspective on his injury comes from enduring both sides of the experience
      "It was just an ordinary day in training," Buljat remembers of the first Dinamo Zagreb session after the winter break. "We were working on some one-on-one situations. I was quicker than him. I got to the ball first and he caught my leg in a scissors tackle."

Buljat knew immediately the injury was serious and examinations soon revealed that he had suffered a badly broken fibula in his left leg. "After I realised what had happened, my first thought was that I would never make it back on to the pitch," he said. "I was really afraid. But after the surgery I spoke to the doctors and they told me that I would play football again.

"I knew I had to be strong, and that I had to be mentally calm so I could start playing again. For me, the most important thing was to find the mental strength to carry on. I started to run easily after four months, and after seven months I did not feel any pain."

He had two operations, but after arduous rehabilitation was able to return to action in July last year. Injury kept the 26-year-old out for all of November, but he still featured in eight league games before Christmas. A return to the national side, for whom he has played twice, remains a long way off, but he insists he is still getting stronger.

advertisementEduardo, who joined Arsenal from Dinamo last summer, shouldn't even have been there. He had been home in Brazil over the winter break but, despite being offered an extra two days off to recuperate from his flight, he had insisted on joining up with the rest of the squad.

"Eduardo was more shocked than I was," Buljat said. "I remember him telling me that he was feeling very bad, that he felt worse than I did. But I was never mad at him.

"It's part of the game. It happens. It might have been me who hurt him. That's life." He may seem phlegmatic, but Buljat was as horrified as anyone by the double break his former team-mate suffered. "It was horrible," he said. "My brother was watching the game and he rang me and told me what had happened. I turned on the television and I saw the medics on the pitch trying to help him. Later on I saw what had happened, how Taylor had injured him.

"I remembered everything I had been through. But this was much, much worse. I feel really bad for Dudu [as Eduardo is nicknamed]. After my injury we became very close, and we were great friends while he was playing in Zagreb. I sent him messages wishing him a quick recovery."

Having spoken to him, Buljat is convinced that Eduardo's attitude is right, and he believes he will return. Doctors have estimated a nine-month recovery period, but Buljat knows that it is not just about physiology.

"Dudu called me a week ago and we've talked a lot," he said. "He will be back. Nobody should be in any doubt about that. He is a strong and brave guy who knows how to face troubles in life. We spoke a lot about what happened to me. I know how he feels, but he will come back a better player. I'm sure of that."
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: Mar 02, 2008 03:48:45 am
      Well well well. I didn't know that lil cisse.

Doesn't change the incident of the other week. But it might have an influence on some people who think Taylor should be banned for life....
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #54: Mar 02, 2008 07:05:02 am
      No it does not change mine Eduardo's tackle was at training and was not malicious it was more the way Buljat fell on it. Taylor's however was malicious .......
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #55: Mar 02, 2008 10:17:38 am
      No it does not change mine Eduardo's tackle was at training and was not malicious it was more the way Buljat fell on it. Taylor's however was malicious .......

Out of interest how do you know about the way he sustained the injury.

And to the people who think taylor should have a life/season ban, would you think agger/carragher/sami should get a life/season ban if they had made the challenge.
      « Last Edit: Mar 02, 2008 10:21:04 am by lil cisse »
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #56: Mar 02, 2008 10:26:29 pm
      To answer that I am croatian and follow all the news soccer or not from Croatia. I followed when this happened and there was a lot of coverage about it when it did happen, that is how the incident happened.

I also did not say a life ban i said a suspension as long as Eduardo is out and can play again.

And i dont care who made the challenge be it my brother if the outcome of that challenge was as horrific then a lenghty ban insues.

Also how sick can some people be??

"He used to have good skills now he is heather Mills". FFS sick bas**rds chanting that at the game.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #57: Mar 02, 2008 10:46:02 pm
      True i know what you mean. My main point was that alot of people change thier opinion when you put them into a situation whereby its someone from the team they support that did something wrong.

Yeah true but people chant racist things and i think it could be alot worse, extremely disrespectful but its never gonna stop.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #58: Mar 02, 2008 11:13:51 pm
      Yea  I know what you mean people become biased in their opinion, I would not change mine regardless of who was responsible. The whole chanting and rascism issue sadly i think will never be resolved there are just to many yobs in the world.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #59: Mar 03, 2008 12:20:16 am
      Yea  I know what you mean people become biased in their opinion, I would not change mine regardless of who was responsible. The whole chanting and rascism issue sadly I think will never be resolved there are just to many yobs in the world.

Yeah it is strange but people do it alot. No nor would i everyone should be treated the same. The FA seem biased aswell but that isnt suprising.
      Very true.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #60: Jul 29, 2009 03:38:29 pm
      Anyone know if Eduardo is going to be back for this season? He's played in some games since returning hasn't he? Just wondering if he's going to be ready for the new campaign.
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #61: Jul 29, 2009 03:44:02 pm
      Anyone know if Eduardo is going to be back for this season? He's played in some games since returning hasn't he? Just wondering if he's going to be ready for the new campaign.

Last I heard, he'd took part in one or two reserve games before the season finished.

I reckon he'll be back in time.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #62: Jul 29, 2009 05:42:18 pm
      Last I heard, he'd took part in one or two reserve games before the season finished.

I reckon he'll be back in time.

And a few first team games, like in the FA cup. He scored two in that game, and then played another game and scored, and then got injured again.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #63: Jul 29, 2009 05:47:17 pm
      He scored for the Arse yesterday in a 5-0 win.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #64: Jul 29, 2009 09:23:00 pm
      Wasn't their a Goalie who had a bad head injury and the ref continued play and made the goalie crawl to the sideline. I forget who the goalie was, but he was hurt BAD and could of died and the f***in' ref just walked away. 

I think their should be exceptions to the clock and a "Time-out" should be made in the case of serious Injury.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #65: Jul 30, 2009 12:45:00 am
      He'll be back and playing for Arsenal in the new season as long as Arsen doesn't sell him too.

Quick Reply