Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread

Read 369502 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: The 'Extremely Pissed Off' Thread
      Reply #5267: Mar 31, 2015 09:18:02 pm
      You could be my dad... My grandma (his mum) has had a mini stroke and is in hospital now awaiting the MRI. Having never really been through this with any family member before (luckily, I guess), it's a bit much for me to take and I'm not sure what happens next in terms of her health and whether or not she needs to go into a home. I don't even know how severe "mini" strokes are to be honest.

Anyway, can certainly empathise with you FK, hope it all works out okay for your ma. All the best to you and your family

hope everything works out well for the family. Hopefully the pneumonia clears up and we will see how she is. The only reason they checked for a stroke is that i mentioned that i thought she may have had a slight facial droop when we tried to wake her, so a mini stroke doesn't mean she"s incapacitated or anything. As for the mri scan the people i spoke to insisted that she simply couldn't have it as an outpatient, end of, must try to find out if this is correct as originally i got the impression was that it would take weeks. The hospital in question at derriford in Plymouth has one mri scanner. I will ensure that the hospital sends follow up stuff to gp as we had problems a while back, good news is mum is saying she will try the nhs smoking process to cut back, just had her first fag, wanted to bin them
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5268: Apr 02, 2015 02:25:22 pm
      Thanks for all the offers of help and kind words.  It's looking more and more like the council have nowhere suitable for me, still awaiting the landlord's return. Having to put myself in a hotel for now.  If I take any places the council are offering, it'll make it impossible to get to and from work.  So, the help the council are giving will make me technically homeless and jobless. Sometimes I just despise this system, I threw out some alternatives, but alas they were unwilling and unable to, for bureaucratical  reasons.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      Reply #5269: Apr 02, 2015 03:25:35 pm
      Thanks for all the offers of help and kind words.  It's looking more and more like the council have nowhere suitable for me, still awaiting the landlord's return. Having to put myself in a hotel for now.  If I take any places the council are offering, it'll make it impossible to get to and from work.  So, the help the council are giving will make me technically homeless and jobless. Sometimes I just despise this system, I threw out some alternatives, but alas they were unwilling and unable to, for bureaucratical  reasons.

so sorry that you're going through this rodders, i hope things get better, that light at the end of the tunnel can look a long way off at times.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,633 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5270: Apr 02, 2015 04:02:52 pm

I know it makes F**k all difference to you Rodders, but thoughts with you on the sh*t you're going through.
      Hopefully there is somebody over there to get angry for you and confront those that need to in order to help you out.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #5271: Apr 02, 2015 04:28:42 pm
      Man....just read back through a few pages of this thread, my heart goes out to all that are dealing with the various situations...gonna say some prayers for all involved, that's my thing, hope y'all don't mind.

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5272: Apr 02, 2015 05:40:17 pm
      Ferry booked for our return trip to blighty tomorrow and what does muggins here go and do, skid on a wet country road roll the car twice (Chrysler Voyager, 2 ton+) into a ditch, car's a write off and I'm not feelling much better !
      Damaged disc, neck brace and tremendous back pain, anti imflamataries,pain killers and ibu profen gell, but still in one piece!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5273: Apr 02, 2015 07:38:33 pm
      Ferry booked for our return trip to blighty tomorrow and what does muggins here go and do, skid on a wet country road roll the car twice (Chrysler Voyager, 2 ton+) into a ditch, car's a write off and I'm not feelling much better !
      Damaged disc, neck brace and tremendous back pain, anti imflamataries,pain killers and ibu profen gell, but still in one piece!

As long as you are OK Steve that is the main thing, second thing is did you have full insurance on the car.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      Reply #5274: Apr 02, 2015 07:44:46 pm
       :f_tongueincheek:

get well soon, some people will do anything for attention
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5275: Apr 02, 2015 07:55:06 pm

So how did the interview to replace Jeremy Clarkson go? ;)

All joking aside, heal fast.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,633 posts | 3859 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #5276: Apr 02, 2015 08:28:45 pm

Holy sh*t!
      Glad your still breathing. F**k the car.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #5277: Apr 02, 2015 08:33:34 pm

Well thats not good!
      Cars can be replaced, lives can't! Get well soon mate!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5278: Apr 02, 2015 09:03:26 pm
      As long as you are OK Steve that is the main thing, second thing is did you have full insurance on the car.
      Only 3rd party fire and theft Billy lad, the car was 14yrs old and only cost me 500€.
      :f_tongueincheek:
      get well soon, some people will do anything for attention
      cheers mate,getting lots of female attention at the mo, Men couldn't give a F**k  :f_tongueincheek:
      So how did the interview to replace Jeremy Clarkson go? ;)

All joking aside, heal fast.
      They said I lacked the final punch Rodders !
      Holy sh*t!
      Glad your still breathing. F**k the car.
      The car's definately fu**ed Racer mate !
      Well thats not good!
      Cars can be replaced, lives can't! Get well soon mate!
      my wifes sentiments to a tee O.R.!
      Seriously Lads and lasses thanks for the messages, all are appreciated !
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #5279: Apr 03, 2015 08:24:09 am
      Feck the car mate you still bresthing air thats all that matters my friend , oh and watch out for horse sh*t on them country roads slippery stuff , serious get well fella .
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5280: Apr 03, 2015 11:06:47 am
      Feck the car mate you still bresthing air thats all that matters my friend , oh and watch out for horse sh*t on them country roads slippery stuff , serious get well fella .

Cheers Andy,looking out for ANOTHER car at the mo though!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,985 posts | 3061 
      Reply #5281: Apr 03, 2015 11:45:48 am

Jesus suffering f#ck mate - that's what I call a lucky escape.......even if it doesn't feel like it right now!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5282: Apr 03, 2015 01:25:36 pm
      Jesus suffering f#ck mate - that's what I call a lucky escape.......even if it doesn't feel like it right now!

I feel extremely LUCKY mate, I'm stiill here to talk about it and have the love of my wife and kids to help me recover quicker!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #5283: Apr 03, 2015 01:36:33 pm
      Car crashes are no trival thing....been in one that I was lucky enough to walk away from mostly unharmed. That crap happens so fast, unfortunately there's not much time for you to do anything but grit your teeth, close your eyes and hope you'll open them again when it's over.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5284: Apr 03, 2015 01:48:46 pm
      Car crashes are no trival thing....been in one that I was lucky enough to walk away from mostly unharmed. That crap happens so fast, unfortunately there's not much time for you to do anything but grit your teeth, close your eyes and hope you'll open them again when it's over.

for some reason mate I COULDN'T close mine, I saw every window break, views from upside down as it rolled and everything coming towards me in slow motion you fell totally hopeless just seconds after being in total  control, really unnerving !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,400 posts | 6408 
      Reply #5285: Apr 03, 2015 02:35:14 pm
      for some reason mate I COULDN'T close mine, I saw every window break, views from upside down as it rolled and everything coming towards me in slow motion you fell totally hopeless just seconds after being in total  control, really unnerving !

I remember thinking just as I knew a crash was imminent "I just hope that I get knocked out quick and wake up in a hospital room so I don't have to endure the pain". Weird how  your mind works in those situations.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #5286: Apr 03, 2015 02:42:51 pm
      I remember thinking just as I knew a crash was imminent "I just hope that I get knocked out quick and wake up in a hospital room so I don't have to endure the pain". Weird how  your mind works in those situations.

This may sound weird but as soon as I came to a stop I thought we'll not be driving this home to the uk tomorrow !
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #5287: Apr 03, 2015 03:12:04 pm

Jeez mate just seen this

As long as you walked away everything else can be sorted

Glad you're ok mate
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #5288: Apr 04, 2015 10:34:45 am

Holy sh*t Steve, so glad you're ok mate. 

You and that car chauffeured Paul and I to our Wedding meal venue, something that will always remain in our hearts.  Big, but not too tight  :hug:  from both of us to you all, that you survived to tell the tale.  Safe journey home mate.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #5289: Apr 04, 2015 02:45:16 pm

Bloody hell Steve, bollocks to the car, just glad your OK.

Quick Reply