Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Liverpool get Arsenal in Champions League

Read 6301 times
      murpies
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 69 posts |
      Re: Liverpool get Arsenal in Champions League
      Reply #46: Mar 15, 2008 06:06:59 am
      hi hope we will revenge on last occasion when we lost both last season...
      YNWA come cast yur vote here  .... http://www.tnppostman.com/
      « Last Edit: Mar 15, 2008 09:07:54 am by murpies »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #47: Mar 15, 2008 06:28:27 am
      I think this is an opportunity to mute the voices of the vicious critics and those that believe in Liverpool as long as believing does not include Liverpool being better than Arsenal, Chelsea or Man U. It is a tough draw but imagine the pain that would be brought upon these clowns of we disposed of Arsenal in the quarter final, Chelsea in the semi final and Man U in the final, assuming that by some stroke of luck and lightning striking twice or trice, Chelsea and Man U make it that far.

I totally agree with what you're saying, I'm sick of people suggesting we aren't good enough, or as good as Manure, Chavs and Arse. Our performances against the "big three" this season have been pretty decent, certainly we've been better than Chelsea this year head-to-head, and outplayed Man U at Anfield! But even if we were to draw the other clubs once we've disposed of Arsenal  ;) and go on and beat them, you know they'd just bring out the same old argument: Liverpool are only good in cup competitions!

We're going to have to get used to the criticisms, because it all comes from the jealousy people have of our prestigious history, particularly during the '70's and '80's. Unfortunately, lots of critics who are around now are former players who got their butt kicked by our lads back then on a regular basis!  :D Sadly though, until our team hits the kind of form we had back then, people are always going to be on our backs at every given opportunity...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #48: Mar 15, 2008 06:36:53 am
      If we want to win the champions league it should not matter who we are drawn against.On our day we can beat any of the other 7 quarter finalists and for all Wengers brave talk I bet we were the last team he wanted to be drawn against.Have faith fellow REDS we will succeed as Liverpool Football Club know what it takes to win the Champions League.( roll on number 6 )
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #49: Mar 15, 2008 11:19:04 am
      The Dream final is still on the cards lets hope utd dont cock it up again like they did last season,we fear nobody in the champions league.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2008 11:43:28 am
      This tie suits me as a RED living in London. I went to the Emirates a few weeks back courtesy of a plumber mate at work who holds a season ticket. He might get me a ticket for this one too but I'll have to wait and see, it will be very strange being a Liverpool fan in amongst all those Gooners! :-X

With the confidence we have in the squad it would be great to carry it over to April and May, that will require some super-human efforts from the squad. Those 3 games in 8 days against the Gooners are going to be so mentally and physically demanding. Our expectations as Liverpool fans are obviously high, we expect the best but we have to realise a mistake by anyone at that stage could be crucial....
      Lets take advantage of them and show who has the European pedigree to go all the way.
      We can do it.

European Cup Finals Latest Scoreline
      LIVERPOOL - 5   LONDON - 0
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2008 11:59:07 am
      Like the Inter Milan game then...

:D I know, I thought that when I read it again! ;) It would be better if it were at Anfield 2nd leg again! Shake them up and then celebrate going to the final again in Anfield like the past two times! ;D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2008 02:11:00 pm
      Arsenal are a wicked team! I think this is probably the draw I least wanted out of all the teams. I would have even prefared Barcelona or United than Arsenal.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for this one, but I'll keep faith in Liverpool.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2008 10:06:51 pm
      I wasnt worried who we got too much I just wanted to be underdogs, that seems to bring out the best in us. We can beat anyone in the world over two games in europe.

Quite right lil cisse..........we have that European pedigree that most teams can only admire, we can beat anyone over two legs and I'm sure Rafa will do his homework and get the sums right.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2008 10:13:18 pm
      I would have preferred to be playing Fenerbache or Shalke rather than Arsenal but I'm not overly concerned as I really think we are capable of beating any team in Europe over two legs and the match against Arsenal will not be any different. Also the draw means we have the opportunity to knock Chlsea out at the semi's again!!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2008 10:45:46 pm
      Quite right lil cisse..........we have that European pedigree that most teams can only admire, we can beat anyone over two legs and I'm sure Rafa will do his homework and get the sums right.

I agree 100%. Other teams seem envious of us, they are a bit overconfident against us at times i think until they actually play us then they feel completely different about us after the games. I always just makes sure im not overconfident before games in the champions league, always gotta be cautious because you dont know what will happen.

I want the CL this season so much due to the draws we have got so far. Inter milan - as soon as we drew them i thought very tough game champions of italy and they were absolutely flying when we got them and i thought straight away everyone will tip inter to win but had to stay quietly confident that we could take them on.

And now Arsenal who were flying this season, their young team is determined to prove everyone wrong about them without that man thierry henry but their recent form has been shaky. We are also trying to show people once again what we can do and overcome a team everyone is tipping to beat us. winning against arsenal and going through would send a big message out to the rest of the teams left in the competition and winning the CL this season would be the sweetest thing.

Its gonna be a huge clash and im hoping we can show everyone we arent pushovers. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2008 11:09:55 pm
      Is Stevie G. suspended for this game? I'm sure I heard the commentator say during the second leg against Inter, that he now has 3 yellow cards.

It's going to be that much harder, but hopefully we get a decent result preferably a win of course and we head back to Anfield where Stevie will play and do the business for us and put us into a semi-final against Fenerbache.  ;D
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #57: Mar 16, 2008 01:03:37 am
      Couldn't care less about this fix talk, we're going to have to play tough sides throughout and if it means we get to beat both Chelsea and Arsenal en route to the final, so be it.

And once again we find ourselves in that great position of being slight underdogs in most people's eyes, which takes a lot of the pressure off. It's stupid, as we've beaten all the top teams and in the past three years constantly beaten the supposed favourites, and yet we are still labelled underdogs in every tie. I said it before the Inter game, I prefer it like that though, it just makes it much sweeter when we go through. :)

Looking forward to the ties, I'm sure they'll be closely fought and there'll be some good football to watch. Remember we were unlucky to draw at Anfield earlier in the year and we didn't even have a fully fit Torres (he went off at half time), so why can't we beat these lot?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #58: Mar 16, 2008 07:38:33 pm
      Winning the C.L. is to be the best in europe. Doesn't mater which order they come in, if you believe, you believe, end of.
      On tactical note,  Beat them at the Emirates. Field the reserves in the prem match and run them into the ground,
      Beat them at Anfield in the seond leg, Job done. Also the arse do seem to be hitting a bit of a blip while we are hitting agood run of form.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2008 01:15:54 am
      Field the reserves in the prem match and run them into the ground,

You should be on the telly, you. We should field a strong team in all three matches against the Arse. Especially the league game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #60: Mar 18, 2008 06:27:09 am
      Fixed. Thanks for the forum link lil cisse. That gave me absolute certainty it was fixed.

I said it in the other CL Q/F topic, we now have the chance to show those bas**rds who is the best. If we do it, that would make victory even sweeter. Saddle up fella's and gal's this is one bumpy ride!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2008 08:15:02 am
      No problem Crouchinho.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Arsenal - Hit Them With Nothing But Noise!
      Reply #62: Mar 20, 2008 12:11:25 pm
      Let's hit Arsenal, when they come to Anfield for the 2nd leg, with the biggest wall of noise ever produced! Im sick to death of hearing that their atmosphere is becoming awesome by fans and the media!

Let's show them on the 8th April that we are the worlds best fans! That we are the voice of football!

Matt
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #63: Mar 20, 2008 12:52:00 pm
      I agree, lets sing from start to finish
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #64: Mar 20, 2008 01:06:20 pm
      No doubt I will be sitting Kop end screaming my head off.

Looking forward to winding up the stewards with the Torres tune! :D
      Cy
      Reply #65: Mar 20, 2008 01:32:13 pm
      Not the best draw but not the worse either, one thing for sure, it's promise to be THE big gfame of these quarter finals. I expected a lot of diving and complain to the ref from the youngsters of arsenal, eboue probably more then anyone else. I also predicted a couple of reds cards and obviously a Liverpool qualification with a massive 4-0 win back home! yes you heard me right.

Let's have chelsea in the semi and man u in the final, that will shut everybody up once and for all.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #66: Mar 20, 2008 01:37:27 pm
      Let's have chelsea in the semi and man u in the final, that will shut everybody up once and for all.

That's what I'm hoping for too that would be well and truly class to knock out all the remaining british teams first hand, then let's see how many ppl start saying "luck of the draw" yea right!
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #67: Mar 20, 2008 02:19:01 pm
      Well, regardless of who we drew, we have to be capable of beating all of them to win the CL...we may just end up winning the Uefa Premier League (as I read on anfield-online recently  :D )

Bring em on...
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #68: Mar 20, 2008 02:24:22 pm
      No doubt I will be sitting Kop end screaming my head off.

Looking forward to winding up the stewards with the Torres tune! :D

Same here fella! Ner ner ner ner ner ner nerr nerrrrr ner nerrrrr!!! 8)

I've got to book it off work tonight! Along with the Semi's and the Final! Make sure I'm in there before everyone else! :D

Quick Reply