Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Supporting Zoe's Place (Auction)

Read 1021 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Supporting Zoe's Place (Auction)
      Mar 18, 2008 12:39:38 pm
      Hi all,

The other day i tried donating some quid to this charity via my credit card. I though the transaction went through but I got an email notification from the bank's frauds department (Westpac-one of the largest in Australia) wanting to investigate the transaction. So I called the bank the following day and was infromed that the bank has placed a block on the "justgiving" site.

This lead me on to thinking of other ways of raising money for the charity seeing that we were so off the target, so I was thinking if we organise our own forum auction to raise some funds. If you have something that you are willing to give away for the auction and other members can bid for it all money's raised will proceed directly to Zoe's. So if you have an old jersey/t-shirt or anything else you wish we can add it to the auction.

I would obviously need some help from the mods in setting this up as my IT admin skills are piss poor. Anyways it is just an idea please let me know what you guys think??
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2008 12:53:02 pm by EddieC »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Supporting Zoe's Place (Auction)
      Reply #1: Mar 18, 2008 12:54:06 pm
      Have you got any more info about the bank blocking payments to the justgiving website? That does sound a little concerning.
      Dadorious
      • Started Topic

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2: Mar 18, 2008 01:00:15 pm
      I will paste the email that i was sent. However on the fone they insisted that the bank placed a ban on that account.

Dear MR  BRAJKO

Re: Mastercard 5163  xxxx  xxxx  1503

In reference to the abovementioned credit card, we request that you contact Westpac Card Services to confirm recent activity on this account.

Given the time of the activity alert, it was inappropriate for us to attempt to contact you by telephone. It would therefore be appreciated if you could contact us on:

l  1-300 651 089 (within Australia), or
      l  +61 2 9374-7082 (outside Australia)

These numbers can be verified by looking on the back of your card.

If you are overseas, you may phone our overseas number by booking a reverse charge call in your
      current locality.

Please note that for security reasons, we are unable to confirm transactions via email and you will be required to complete an identification check when you call us.

Pending your confirmation of these transactions, your credit card account has been temporarily
      blocked.

If you have already been in contact with a representative from our area, please disregard this letter.

Your urgent attention to this matter is appreciated.

Regards

Anthony Moujalli
      Manager, Detection & Intervention
      Fraud Detection & Operations
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #3: Mar 18, 2008 06:07:31 pm
      A quick word on this.  The JustGiving site is completely secure. Funds are handled by the bank Barclays, one of the UK's biggest institutions, and money you donate is held in a legal trust.  On a weekly basis Zoe's Place receives the funds from that week.

The entire process is completely independent of the website and we have already pumped nearly £600 in to the coffers of Zoe's Place with much more to come from our future fundraising plans.

I can only express surprise at your experience but this is clearly related to your bank.  I once had a transaction knocked back from HSBC for the same reasons when I wanted to buy something from Argos online.

Topic locked.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Mar 18, 2008 06:47:08 pm
      I will paste the email that I was sent. However on the fone they insisted that the bank placed a ban on that account.

Dear MR  BRAJKO

Re: Mastercard 5163  xxxx  xxxx  1503

In reference to the abovementioned credit card, we request that you contact Westpac Card Services to confirm recent activity on this account.

Given the time of the activity alert, it was inappropriate for us to attempt to contact you by telephone. It would therefore be appreciated if you could contact us on:

l  1-300 651 089 (within Australia), or
      l  +61 2 9374-7082 (outside Australia)

These numbers can be verified by looking on the back of your card.

If you are overseas, you may phone our overseas number by booking a reverse charge call in your
      current locality.

Please note that for security reasons, we are unable to confirm transactions via email and you will be required to complete an identification check when you call us.

Pending your confirmation of these transactions, your credit card account has been temporarily
      blocked.

If you have already been in contact with a representative from our area, please disregard this letter.

Your urgent attention to this matter is appreciated.

Regards

Anthony Moujalli
      Manager, Detection & Intervention
      Fraud Detection & Operations

Just a quick note on this, looking at the email they have your bank account details but you need to confirm your identity details when you call them.  This sounds like a blag email to me, dont give them any details whatsoever, not even your address !!!

Try using your credit card to see if it has been blocked.

Quick Reply