Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Wools v Scousers

Read 30478 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Wools v Scousers
      Reply #161: Jan 20, 2008 02:26:27 am
      Fully admit that even though I am a life long Liverpool fan who has every book, poster, shirt, bedsheet, autograph and program that I can get hold of and have seen the mighty Reds play in the flesh on at least 10 occasions THAT I can never really appreciate the pull of OUR great club to those of you that are true Scousers......Wish I could.

As a kid I used to resent my parents for living in Worcestershire and not nearer to Liverpool....I used to try and convince them to move but dad said he couldn't because of work...LAME!

Passionate and envious of all you scousers....
      Ju
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #162: Jan 20, 2008 02:59:08 am
      I dont think think this argument can really go anywhere, cause most people think 1 way or the other .
      But its insulting when people say oot aren't real fans or i cant understand how you can support a team thats not your home team. I can understand the last point cause thats opinion.
      Its true that some supporters are half assed glory supporters but not all oot are like that.
      I also find it annoying when i see liverpool supporters who think and act differently to how they should.
      When they wear a stupid jester hat or ring a phone - in, on a knee jerk reaction and talk sh*t.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #163: Jan 20, 2008 03:13:19 am
      I'm a wool!  :D

Or so I'm told...
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #164: Jan 20, 2008 08:56:58 am
      What annoys the living hell out of me is that, some people question OOT's passion, i don't want to ramble on about how great a fan i am, but what i will say is the love i have for this club, can never ever be broken in my opinion, some scouse fans just have to learn that OOT's are a very important part of the football club!

It really sinks my heart when i get insults tossed at me because im not liverpool born and bred... for crying out loud, im british, it's not like im a terrorist!

YNWA
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #165: Jan 20, 2008 01:01:48 pm
      Don't get upset T-Unit-LFC, we're all one big Red Family no matter where you come from.  Its silly, small minded people that think otherwise  ;)  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #166: Jan 20, 2008 04:07:02 pm
      What annoys the living hell out of me is that, some people question OOT's passion, I don't want to ramble on about how great a fan I am, but what I will say is the love I have for this club, can never ever be broken in my opinion, some scouse fans just have to learn that OOT's are a very important part of the football club!

It really sinks my heart when I get insults tossed at me because im not liverpool born and bred... for crying out loud, im british, it's not like im a terrorist!

YNWA

....You have just done to foriegn Liverpool fans the exact thing that you are complaining that some scouse fans do to you. :cough hypocrit cough:
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #167: Jan 20, 2008 07:19:14 pm
      I even can't boast I am British  :laugh:

But I am proud of being from Belarus and I am proud of Liverpool.
      I know about the problem when people say why you don't the team from Belarus because it's easier to visit matches.
      But I can't order my heart who to love.

I remember about any case when I was asked if Liverpool  played one of Belarusian teams or Belarus national team who would you support?

I have read recently about one case when Liverpool,  Newcastle and Birmingham visited Belarus. It was in 2005 and it wasn't first team but veterans of Liverpool, Newcastle and Birmingham... But I  found  out  that fact only few days ago.
      I also can't boast by being hurt of any born Liverpool fan. I have only respect to me by my friends (who are not Liverpool fans)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #168: Jan 20, 2008 08:17:15 pm
      doesnt matter were your from once you know how to be a true red and not a knob head
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #169: Jan 20, 2008 08:23:21 pm
      doesnt matter were your from once you know how to be a true red and not a knob head

I have always wanted to ask you to explain what  does knobhead mean?
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #170: Jan 20, 2008 08:31:15 pm

Basically some one who acts stupid, Technically, a person with a willy on there head.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #171: Jan 21, 2008 11:15:23 am
      lazb07 your are totally right mate, very sorry there, what I mean is I am British and Liverpool are a British club, so what the hell is the problem with OOT's supporting them, I didn't mean no offence to Out Of Country (O.O.C) fan's, they also have a right in supporting this football club, no-one can stop them and im glad they support us from different country's as a scouse mate of mine said, "the more the better". I was just stating facts that I get teased for not being scouse born and for what reason? It's not as if im a terrorist is it. I was basically stating that it's not as if im from war torn country's like Iraq!

But even if an Iraqi supported us, fair play to them and brilliant! As long as they dont terrorise innocent people!

So hopefully that cleaned that up....

It doesn't matter where you are from!

YNWA
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2008 11:18:03 am by T-Unit-LFC »
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #172: Jan 21, 2008 12:26:11 pm
      Does anyone think that the RTK (Reclaim The Kop) are trying to force out OOT support?, i know it says on the site that it is not a scouse/OOT feud, because a supporter is a supporter wherever they are from, as long as they have had their education.

But does anybody really think that this is a dig at OOT's, i don't think it is too be quite honest, because they understand that OOT's are important to the club, but just keen to know if anyone feels they are against OOT support?

YNWA
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #173: Jan 21, 2008 12:32:30 pm
      Does anyone think that the RTK (Reclaim The Kop) are trying to force out OOT support?, I know it says on the site that it is not a scouse/OOT feud, because a supporter is a supporter wherever they are from, as long as they have had their education.

But does anybody really think that this is a dig at OOT's, I don't think it is too be quite honest, because they understand that OOT's are important to the club, but just keen to know if anyone feels they are against OOT support?

YNWA

I'm an OOT but I also recognise how important it is to keep the Kop going with a genuine scouser participation... which is difficult when it becomes fairly lucrative for some locals to sell their tickets (blindly) to OOTs (some fans, some less so).

It is a Liverpool city club - we are their city's guests when we are town - but our numbers are diluting the scouser flavour of the club (that is a fact)...

We badly need a new bigger stadium, to provide as many locals and OOTs with tickets and stem the animosity that resides in a few locals towards visiting fans that share their love the club ...and it's people - many OOT's have felt it in some way or other, so denying the fact would be pointless... but I fully understand it, I would probably feel a bit like it myself.

The sooner we get our dream "world-class" stadium the better... and not "scaled-back" either Mr Parry... it was YOUR job to find the custodians to make it happen... and look what you found us - you tw*t.

southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #174: Jan 21, 2008 12:44:16 pm
      Greetings from sunny South Africa.

I do have a team that I support locally but everyone knows that I love Liverpool to death. I'm envious of people who live in Liverpool or close to Liverpool because my dream is to be at ANFIELD at least once in my life and sing YNWA. This topic is actually pointless because i know there are some people in Liverpool who care less about the team. So i'm better than them in that way. Go REDS...hope we'll win tonight!
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #175: Jan 21, 2008 01:05:04 pm
      I was just stating facts that I get teased for not being scouse born and for what reason? It's not as if im a terrorist is it. I was basically stating that it's not as if im from war torn country's like Iraq!

But even if an Iraqi supported us, fair play to them and brilliant! As long as they dont terrorise innocent people!

Digging a hole for yourself here...what ?

No problems with Iraqi's as long as they don't terrorise innocent people ???

So what percentage of the Iraqi population do you think are terrorists ? And what percentage of of them do you think are innocent people who have lived in fear of a brutal regime, and now in a country in chaos ?

You seem to have a thing about being wrongly prejudged by locals but reading your own view on Iraqi's you don't appear much different.

You sure you're not Alf Garnett ?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #176: Jan 21, 2008 01:32:13 pm
      :D :D :D

Digging a hole he certainly is.

Matt, it seems like ignorance on your part rather than any malicious intent, just retract your previous statement & we'll leave it at that.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #177: Jan 21, 2008 01:40:04 pm

:lmao: :lmao:

An Everton fan ;)
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #178: Jan 21, 2008 01:44:43 pm
      Oh dear,

Please forget I said anything, I can see what I have done here, I can't get my words out in the correct way. I have no problem towards any fan whatsoever and I never will have, it's true I do feel like I am being terrorised by some locals, I just cant drop this because I just feel so upset about it and I just wish I never knew anything of this OOT/scouse issue. I have said a few wrong things there, intending not to mean any harm whatsoever, we all make mistakes dont we.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone, I just want to be accepted as a passionate Liverpool fan, and I hate the fact,that some fans can't accept it. It could class me as being a bit of a sad act, but I can't help the way my heart feels. I feel like i can't love the thing i love the most.

Im sorry if I offended anyone, you're right just plain ignorance from me!

Regards,

Matt
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #179: Jan 21, 2008 02:09:22 pm
      I really do hope nobody has got me wrong here! I feel a little embarassed and upset now, but more annoyed with myself because i didnt state my point correctly.

YNWA
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #180: Jan 21, 2008 02:22:36 pm
      Oh dear,

Please forget I said anything, I can see what I have done here, I can't get my words out in the correct way. I have no problem towards any fan whatsoever and I never will have, it's true I do feel like I am being terrorised by some locals, I just cant drop this because I just feel so upset about it and I just wish I never knew anything of this OOT/scouse issue. I have said a few wrong things there, intending not to mean any harm whatsoever, we all make mistakes dont we.

Please forgive me if I have offended anyone, I just want to be accepted as a passionate Liverpool fan, and I hate the fact,that some fans can't accept it. It could class me as being a bit of a sad act, but I can't help the way my heart feels. I feel like i can't love the thing i love the most.

Im sorry if I offended anyone, you're right just plain ignorance from me!

Regards,

Matt

Don't worry about it fella.

At the end of the day we all support the same team and most of us share different views. 

Where ever you live, as long as you know you're Liverpool through and through that's all that matters!
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #181: Jan 21, 2008 02:56:30 pm
      I really do hope nobody has got me wrong here! I feel a little embarassed and upset now, but more annoyed with myself because I didnt state my point correctly.

YNWA

Don't worry yourself Matt, I see what you were trying to say. Some subjects we have to be very careful on how we word things. Sometimes I sit there and read through what I've typed 4 or 5 times before I hit the Post button. Still doesn't stop me talking sh*te mind you.

Try and not get too wound up about this scousers/OOT thing. It is the minority of fans on BOTH sides of the argument that let themselves down.

I've posted further up the thread the need for Global Support is an absolute must. Just we haven't yet got the faciltites to accomodate what the club is trying to do.

I think the mindset with some scousers is wrong and they feel a bit hard done by. A lot of the ones who have the problems think scousers should be first for tickets then let everyone else fight for the scraps. Which is a load of bollocks.

I live 20 mins walk from the ground and I myself have noticed a change over the years. You see the whole culture of the LFC local fan has taken a change. In the late 70's and right through the 80's the people of this city had nothing. We were on the bones of our arses. Liverpool was in the top 3 or 4 poorest cities in Europe. No jobs, poor housing, no money. The only outlet, the only thing we did have was football. It was affrodable (just) and accessible. Everyone who I knew went the match. Absolutely everyone. Red or Blue. You could leave your decision to go othe game literally an hour before the game if you could cobble the money together and have no problem getting in.

The all seater stadia changed that and getting the match if you don't have a season ticket it is very difficult now. And fellas who missed out on them (or indeed couldn't afford to apy the season ticket price in one go) and had been the game all their lives were being turned away. And for some reason the idiots point the blame at OTTer's. They can't seem to grasp how you can not support where you are from and why you choose Liverpool. But I'm afraid every club has idiots and they need to take up their isssues with the club as it is it which decides where the tickets go to.

I personally think that the ticket selling strategy of an even distribution of regions is a must becuase of the revenues it generates. Not just for the club but for the city. OOT fans spend more than I do, I don't by a programme, don't buy a pie, nothing. I've never even set foot inside the club store.

So not only does this new stadium need to go up, and fast, so we can compete in the transfer market properly, it also let's anyone who wants to go the game, can. Then the animosity can stop.

So dont' worry about not feeling accepted it is only a small minority who's real problem is with the club, but they feel blaming the OOTer is easier to do. But the majority don't care where a fan is from.....including me.... And rightly so
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2008 05:13:48 pm by Bootle Buck »
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #182: Jan 21, 2008 05:59:34 pm
      BootleBuck, that post was fantastic mate, very encouraging for an OOT like myself mate. Fantastic post mate, agreed with every thing you said there!

:)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #183: Jan 21, 2008 06:09:17 pm
      People from outside Liverpool do not have the same passion for the reds as Scousers do.   :shock:

Discuss....

I know this post is old but I've only just seen it. I think that statement is as narrow minded as it can get. Obviously scousers have a different passion for the club, but are they 'more' passionate as Liverpool supporters living outside Liverpool? Of course they ain't!

Quick Reply