Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Steve Bennet wins 3-0

Read 7306 times
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Steve Bennet wins 3-0
      Mar 23, 2008 03:40:08 pm
      Steve Bennet 3-0 Liverpool

Yet again Mr Bennet has not ceased to amaze me with his ho so prue I hate LFC referring. Yet at the same time we have complete petulance from Ashley Cole toward Mike Riley yet that gives Mr Bennet the right to send Javier Mascherano off for asking "whats happening Ref whats happening??".

This harks me back to the post I made about the EPL being the the best league in the world, becaue with reffering and offciating like we have had this weekend, I really believe its not. The decsion making from the officials in all matches has been disgraceful this weekend. Not with us and the scum but all through out. Im sorry to say I have to agree with that c**t of a manager of MAn u and state that something needs to be sorted NOW!
      « Last Edit: Mar 23, 2008 09:14:26 pm by JD, Reason: Title changed to reflect post. »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Final result for Man U v LFC
      Reply #1: Mar 23, 2008 03:45:12 pm
      Steve Bennet 3-0 Liverpool

Yet again Mr Bennet has not ceased to amaze me with his ho so prue I hate LFC referring. Yet at the same time we have complete petulance from Ashley Cole toward Mike Riley yet that gives Mr Bennet the right to send Javier Mascherano off for asking "whats happening Ref whats happening??".

This harks me back to the post I made about the EPL being the the best league in the world, becaue with reffering and offciating like we have had this weekend, I really believe its not. The decsion making from the officials in all matches has been disgraceful this weekend. Not with us and the scum but all through out. Im sorry to say I have to agree with that c**t of a manager of MAn u and state that something needs to be sorted NOW!

With all the talk of respecting the ref's, they were obviously going to clamp down on everything and anything this weekend! :-\ Apparently it was foul and abusive language from Mascherano, but even if it wasn't you could see him having a pop every time there was a decision against us so it was an accident waiting to happen!
      XxGeRrArDxX
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2008 03:46:48 pm
      he shouldnt of been sent off, if he never, it would of changed the game around
      Fowler_ynwa
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2008 03:52:16 pm
      Can't argue with you mate. It was BS that Torres got booked in the first place and all Masch was doing was complaining not threatening him and giving him verbal abuse. It was pretty much game over then because Masch is the one who breaks down attacks.

I thought Gerrard's touch and passing were absolutely shocking today not to mention his poor leadership when things escalated after Masch's sending off. Benitez had to sort things out FFS!
      DRARREG8
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2008 03:56:18 pm
      everything was going wrong today from reina who's performance was extremely bad although he saved many dangerous chances, carragher was lost sometimes too especially in some situations with rooney " he wasn't carragher who we know !! "

skertel was the shock he still needs to gain some experience. i can't write too much about the match cuz i'm really pissed off and i'm gonna swear till morning on the f***ing ref. :(
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2008 04:26:27 pm
      How the hell does the ref know what Mascha said I'll bet he was speaking in his native tongue..
      Mickey LFC4Ever
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts | -6 
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2008 04:40:00 pm
      Look it doesnt matter whether mascheranos sending off changed the match or not, united won - end of. I didnt see the game because i dont have sky myself but ill have a look tonight on motd and whether or not mascha was innocent, he should know better not to hastle todays under-performing referees becuase they just look for any excuse to send players off. Fair play to united once again, from what i heard, a poor performance, rewarded with a result - numero diecisiete. One behind now, as much as i hate to admit it, we shall be overtaken in 2 years time. Time for liverpool fans to start getting realistic and stop with the usual "next year" tongue. Its not gonna happen until something is drastically changed but for now we'll just have to be happy with scraps, maybe the odd champions league run now and again.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #7: Mar 23, 2008 04:41:16 pm
      How the hell does the ref know what Mascha said I'll bet he was speaking in his native tongue..

If you get the chance mate look at the replay, his word were in English, Im no lip reader but how does "whats happening ref whats happening?? constitute foul or abusive behavior, not from where Im standing.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Mar 23, 2008 04:44:43 pm
      Is there anything the FA can do about this ridiculous decision ?  I know they can only rescind a straight red, but surely that second yellow shouldnt stand, at least he would be in contention for the Derby.   :f_steam:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Mar 23, 2008 05:00:04 pm
      Is there anything the FA can do about this ridiculous decision ?  I know they can only rescind a straight red, but surely that second yellow shouldnt stand, at least he would be in contention for the Derby.   :f_steam:

There's nothing they can do. Remember when Alonso got two yellows against Arsenal, when someone tripped over him walking backwards. Nothing happened then! :-\
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #10: Mar 23, 2008 05:15:36 pm

Maybe 2 - 0, that third goal from Nani, I dont think it had anything to do with the ref.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #11: Mar 23, 2008 05:35:27 pm
      We Played sh*te and during the opening period when we should have shown them our intent that if they wanted to win this they would have to play well. A lot of passes by the one guy you would put your shirt on Stevie G were either to long or to short (unlike him) and to cap it all Pepe (who went on to make some great stops) got the jitters and that I believe is why Rooney put the ball where he did for their 1st goal as just befor that Pepe made a hash off a cross and it had to be hit away after he lost the flight of it and from the moment the ref sent off Mascha the game went beyond us. What really gets me is they had a game midweek we didn't...
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #12: Mar 23, 2008 06:43:16 pm
      I disagree with the majority.  I don't know what game you were watching, but everything foul Mascherano was in Mr Bennett's face and was asking to be sent off.  Mr Bennett told him a couple of times to keep quiet, but he didn't stop.

Lets face it, we didn't lose because of the ref, we lost because we were not good enough and wasn't at the races. 

The word for today is......   Lackluster 
      adjective 1. lacking brilliance or radiance; dull: lackluster eyes. 
      2. lacking liveliness, vitality, spirit, or enthusiasm: a lackluster performance. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #13: Mar 23, 2008 07:02:28 pm
      f***in hell boot what abar the Anderson and scholes challenges and don't forget the tw*ts kicking F**k out of Torres

Now do you see why masch was so pissed off.

Lacklustre - I'm not so sure had, and I'm only saying had masch not been sent off - total different result - they were never 3 goals better than us - we beat ourselves today.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #14: Mar 23, 2008 08:11:02 pm
      One thing i will say, good on andy gray today he knew it wasnt a red and wouldnt stand for anyone telling him different. Im ashamed jamie redknapp played for us he truly dislikes our club. As much as i dislike andy gray atleast he was truthful today.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #15: Mar 23, 2008 08:21:05 pm
      One thing I will say, good on andy gray today he knew it wasnt a red and wouldnt stand for anyone telling him different. Im ashamed jamie redknapp played for us he truly dislikes our club. As much as I dislike andy gray atleast he was truthful today.

Since Redknapp started being a pundit for sky he has started acting like a tit. I used to like the fella aswell. He must have the Sky pundit disease. Didn't catch his comments today, soon as they showed his face after the game i just knew he would spout sh*t.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #16: Mar 23, 2008 08:27:25 pm
      Huyton red.  He's a professional. 

Why couldn't he take his yellow card on the chest and get on with it?  I thought he was going to get sent of with the Scholes tackle, because he wouldn't let it drop.

Even Xabi Alonso tried to stop him talking to the ref.

Yes Torres was being kicked, but its too easy to blame the ref.  I'm a big believer that you make your own luck in this game.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #17: Mar 23, 2008 08:28:32 pm
      Also.  I'd like to think its only Arsenal and Man Ure fans that moan about Ref's.  Not US
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #18: Mar 23, 2008 08:50:27 pm
      Also.  I'd like to think its only Chelsea and Man Ure fans that moan about Ref's.  Not US
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #19: Mar 23, 2008 08:53:13 pm
      I'm afraid ALL fans moan about refs...........
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #20: Mar 23, 2008 09:13:41 pm
      To be honest, didn't see anyone complaining when we beat West Ham 4-0 and when we beat Bolton 4-0 when he was reffing.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Re: Steve Bennet wins 3-0
      Reply #21: Mar 23, 2008 09:37:03 pm
      i am absolutely sickened by that result today, really thought we had a good chance but that stupid ref bennett wasnt going to let it happen. things wernt going great before the red card, but they wernt going badly, we looked as if we could nick something. but then torres gets the heels kicked off him, gets the free kick and a yellow card for his troubles, masch walks over to the ref smiling and asking what was happening or something like that so he gets a second yellow. bennett made plenty of similar decisions that favoured utd and just another example of refs bottling it and favouring the scum. that refs performance today was disastrous and while we may not have gone and got the equalizer with 11 men, it certainly wasn't going to happen with 10. he should be ashamed of himself
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Re: Steve Bennet wins 3-0
      Reply #22: Mar 23, 2008 09:42:20 pm
      It's actually pathetic to blame the ref. It's a tough job they have and they can't be expected to perform perfectly in every single game just like you can't expect a footballer to play perfectly in every game. Swings and roundabouts people.

Quick Reply