Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Arsenal v Liverpool - Match Thread (CL)

Read 17780 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool - Match Thread (CL)
      Reply #69: Apr 02, 2008 09:42:39 pm
      That was the funniest thing I ever saw.

Arsenal should have scored but Ventner kicked it off the line for us!  Quality.

I couldnt stop laughing after that, his reaction after and arsene wengers was funny aswell.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #70: Apr 02, 2008 09:43:50 pm
      Got to be happy with that result.
      1 - 1 away from home in Europe, that'll do me.

Cannot wait now for next Tuesday, F'me it'll be some Anfield atmosphere again.

Got to give credit to all of the lads again, nobody hiding, and always willing to do the ugly things well again.

Big congrats to Dirky Boy again. Not his best game by far, but getting his rewards by scoring an oh so important goal.

So game on boys !!  Moscow is calling and my passport is ready and waiting  :)

GET IN THERE !!!
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #71: Apr 02, 2008 09:45:35 pm
      The second leg is at Anfield!!!!!!!!! There, we kill this clowns!!!!

We need another formula against the manures, arse and chelsea. They assign a minimum of two defender to Torres and try to mark him out.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #72: Apr 02, 2008 09:46:08 pm
      I for one am very happy with that result, we can do this at Anfield folks !!  We played well tonight (apart from Babel and Voronin - whose he ?  ;) :D)

And best of all - I got a prediction right, get your Stella ready Ken !!  :D :D

Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #73: Apr 02, 2008 09:47:48 pm
      I am happy to come away with a draw from the Emiates, I would have liked a win. We have the away goal advantage and I can see us beating them at Anfield. We will go through and end up winning the cup.

Believe!!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #74: Apr 02, 2008 09:53:58 pm
      Babel had a bad game tonight and i think he will be rested on sat. Was oh so glad to atleast see him trying to go around the outside of his marker, although i do miss his thunderous shots i think rafa should tell him to go both left and right when taking on the defender depending on the situation.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #75: Apr 02, 2008 10:24:04 pm
      n*b head on Sky (Richard Keys) is now saying that Dirky Boy & the referee used to live only 5 miles away from each other.
      May this have a bearing on the penalty decision.

What a complete cock egg he is  :f_steam:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4949 
      Reply #76: Apr 02, 2008 10:26:11 pm
      n*b head on Sky (Richard Keys) is now saying that Dirky Boy & the referee used to live only 5 miles away from each other.

Just heard that tommo. They seem to go out of their way to find things to say against us now. Did anyone realise how quick Gray got in his criticism of zonal marking after the goal. The ball was barely in the net!!!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #77: Apr 02, 2008 10:27:33 pm
      I think it was a very good result and very good typical Benitez hard fought tie.  Benitez is a master tactician he knew what to expect and orchestrated a plan for the tie.  Unlike Whenger he did himself no harm in proving the complete tit he is in his interview.  I like Greeney’s answer to Wenger wise comment about Kuyt being a second full-back he replied that it’s quite obvious that Wenger didn’t know what to expect. 

This is the big boy’s league and its settle over 3 hrs, and I think we have a good edge.  Another thing Mascherano was absolutely brilliant at his job and his discipline was an example, he just got on with it even when decisions went against him.  I don’t think he made a single foul. 
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #78: Apr 02, 2008 10:31:40 pm
      Well here is something new ,sky not giving us any chance of winning it ,will these people ever learn ,be just great to see them with egg on face again , had a few manc mates on the phone taking the piss ,will they still be doing it come May ?i dont think so.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #79: Apr 02, 2008 10:31:41 pm

I give up with all the biased comments from this bunch of knobheads, if  when we go on to win number 6 this year, it will be because we were 'lucky', just you watch....
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #80: Apr 02, 2008 10:31:49 pm

Some people can't just accept that they are good and not cheating. They have to criticise all the time, don't they!!

Quick to criticise, slow to praise!!
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #81: Apr 02, 2008 10:34:05 pm
      Another thing Mascherano was absolutely brilliant at his job and his discipline was an example, he just got on with it even when decisions went against him.  I don’t think he made a single foul. 

He was lovely. Kuyt too.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #82: Apr 02, 2008 10:34:45 pm
      I turned the volume off and put on Alan Green on Five Live and he was very positive and thought we were the better side, and didn't think much of the penalty appeal.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #83: Apr 02, 2008 10:37:12 pm
      Some people can't just accept that they are good and not cheating. They have to criticise all the time, don't they!!

Quick to criticise, slow to praise!!

+ Their Darling Chelsea lost to Fernabache. The only goal created to them (Chelsea) was a Fernabache own goal.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6965 
      Reply #84: Apr 02, 2008 10:39:17 pm
      And according to the Prediction League users, the scoreline will be 1-1.

Well done the Prediction League panel!

Not a great performance by the reds tonight.  But held firm.  Arsenal's football at times was excellent but they actually produced relatively little for all their industry.

Better than 0-0 but only just.  The away goal isn't that important because I can see Arsenal scoring at Anfield anyway.  An interesting 6 days ahead.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #85: Apr 02, 2008 10:39:35 pm
      What a game and what a night, advantage to the True reds! We defended like lions, every single player worked their socks off, every player! Credit to Dirk Kuyt he didnt stop running all night! Aurellio was quality on the left and Masch was immense! Once again every player was a lion in my eyes tonight carra, gerrard the list will go on and on!

Bring em on at Annie Road!

Comonnnnnnnnnnn!
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #86: Apr 02, 2008 10:41:33 pm
      Dirk Kuyt for all the stick he has taken, even from me was utterly and totally the man of the match true F***ing hero for me tonight.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #87: Apr 02, 2008 10:42:27 pm
      Rode our luck tonight a must say, Bedneter off the line, Penalty turned down, Slovak Skyscraper off the line. But...........WE GOT THE RESULT!.

Martin Skrtel and Fabby Auriello were outstanding in my view, didn't put a foot wrong. Gerrard's run for the goal, superb. Take them back to Annie and beat them 1-0 then play Fenerbache in the semis ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4949 
      Reply #88: Apr 02, 2008 10:43:05 pm
      An excellent result and a very professional performance from the lads tonight. It may not have been a great attacking performance but we all know that Rafa knows how to set up a team to get results in the European Cup.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet but with Dirk playing on the right he knows when to come off the line and be in a position to score if the opportunity is there. I don't know if we would have got the goal if Pennant was playing. Dirk may not be everyones choice in the position but he has been very effective over the last few weeks.

I can't wait for Tuesday now and another big night at Anfield. The away goal is important but only if we keep it tight and get another ourselves as a high scoring draw will see them go through.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #89: Apr 02, 2008 10:46:34 pm
      Dirk Kuyt for all the stick he has taken, even from me was utterly and totally the man of the match true F***ing hero for me tonight.

Co-Sign.

Also Aurelio, what a game from him. Showed that he can be a top class player when he is free of injury and touch wood he doesnt get another injury to halt him in his tracks. Didnt let the attacks from arsenal on the right wing bother him and did very well to relieve us of pressure when he needed to with his diagonal long range passes.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #90: Apr 02, 2008 10:48:11 pm
      Mascherano had his best game today, there's no doubts about that. The way he was constantly winning the ball whenever they were on the attack was SUPERB! He is one of the best players out there tonight.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,672 posts | 6965 
      Reply #91: Apr 02, 2008 10:50:28 pm
      Yep he played well today.  I thought he was a bit sloppy with some of his passing at times.  I saw at least two of our moves break down because nobody wanted to have a shot.

The old style of us turning attack in to defence.

We can't argue with the result next to the performance.

Quick Reply