Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Liverpools men of the season.

Read 3506 times
      rachel
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Re: Liverpools men of the season.
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2008 02:20:02 pm
      My main two players would have to be, Torres- what a great signing, he has the speed (he reminds me of steve mcmanaman for that) as well as the ability to score some cracking goals.
      I can't leave out Stevie G-he is everything a captain should be and both the players and fans should be proud that we have him.
      I know i should just pick 2 but i have to mention Reina- what a shame he isn't english as we could do with a great goalie like him in the england squad, we have a fantastic record for other teams unable to score against us particularly at anfield and yes i know we have a great defence but i feel  that most of the credit should go to him 
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #24: Apr 06, 2008 02:42:15 pm
      Men of the season.
      1. Rapheal Benitez - One of the most competent managers in the world.He brought out into the open what was going on behind the scenes at Anfield.yet he has maintained the dignity of our club on the field, having also built the foundations for a successful future.  IRWT
      2. As far as players go, many deserve consideration but I can't get passed Fernando Torres, what a performance in the first year at a new club in a different country. Thanks to him and all the boys for their efforts in what has been a difficult season off the pitch.
      I just hope that next years choices include a representative of DIC for their investment into the club. ;)
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #25: Apr 06, 2008 03:27:43 pm
      Obvious choices are Gerrard and Torres but what about Sami hes played more games than expected and hes still going strong.

good shout there kelv, sami has been immense, a model profesional on and off the pitch.  obviously torres for the way he has settled, with honourable mentions for skrtel and masch
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #26: Apr 06, 2008 06:33:12 pm
      Men of the season.
      1. Rapheal Benitez - One of the most competent managers in the world.He brought out into the open what was going on behind the scenes at Anfield.yet he has maintained the dignity of our club on the field, having also built the foundations for a successful future.  IRWT
      2. As far as players go, many deserve consideration but I can't get passed Fernando Torres, what a performance in the first year at a new club in a different country. Thanks to him and all the boys for their efforts in what has been a difficult season off the pitch.
      I just hope that next years choices include a representative of DIC for their investment into the club. ;)

Top shout there my man...
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #27: Apr 06, 2008 10:59:59 pm
      On the Pitch - Torres

Off the Pitch - Benitez
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #28: Apr 07, 2008 08:35:16 am
      With regards to a player, if you can judge from what he was bought for and and how he has performed, then obvouisly Torres because 20 mil seams like a bargain for him right now. And also Yossi Benayoun, 2.5 mil and he has scored 10 goals and got quite a few assists so he could easily be sold for 8 - 10 mil if we wanted to. Masch too obviously.

And staff......Rafa and Mr. Albeit
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #29: Apr 07, 2008 12:18:33 pm
      Torres - Great first season, took virtually no time whatsoever to get accustomed to the EPL. All in all, that is a fantastic achievement on its own - but to get nearly 30 goals to go with that ... absolutely amazing. Not to mention the fact he has learned English and has already given his first press conference in English. The lad just never stops working!

Mascherano - Every time I see a threat defensively, I see Masch sliding in and successfully getting the ball. It's what he does best, and he seems to me, to be the best at it. Absolutely brilliant player, brilliant season for him, and I sincerely hope we keep him until the end. I can't imagine a replacement for him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: Apr 07, 2008 10:20:01 pm
      I know its obviously Torres and someone else fom the playing or coaching staff. But what about 1 of the doctors or physio's because they have had so many injuries to deal with, such as the thigh tears suffered by torres, the broken foot by alonso and agger, pennants broken leg etc.

Quick Reply