Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Outgoing Players

Read 10435 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Outgoing Players
      Apr 05, 2008 05:41:12 pm
      Many people are disscussing the massive amount of players that will arrive this summer, however i think that there will be a significant clear out made by rafa.

1. Carson will not want to sit on the bench as he has already said.>>>> 8-12million
      2. Riise already been strongly liked with other clubs.>>>> 6-8million
      3. Finnan i have an feeling he could be on his way out >>>> 3-5million
      4. Kewell, Juve recently said they are interested and i think we can make money off him >>>>> 6-11million
      5. Voronin... >>>>> 3million or less i dont really care
      6. Crouch, as much i like the big guy i think man city may make a bid too good to turn down >>>> 10-13million
      7. Alonso if barca make a big enough offer that is >>>>> 15-20million

Im sure there will be others departing also, but these are some of the names i can think of at the minute
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Outgoing Players
      Reply #1: Apr 05, 2008 06:37:17 pm
      4. Kewell, Juve recently said they are interested and i think we can make money off him >>>>> 6-11million

I'm sorry, but what F***ing planet are you on?

Firstly, as has already been posted in all of the 17 or so threads that were running on Kewell, he is out out of contract in the summer. Even if he wasn't though, what club in their right minds would seriously pay 6 million for a player that has been perpetually crocked for the last four years, let alone 11 million.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,844 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Apr 05, 2008 11:49:00 pm
      I'm sorry, but what F***ing planet are you on?

Firstly, as has already been posted in all of the 17 or so threads that were running on Kewell, he is out out of contract in the summer. Even if he wasn't though, what club in their right minds would seriously pay 6 million for a player that has been perpetually crocked for the last four years, let alone 11 million.

Eddie, to be fair I think it was a typo on Magillionaire's part...It should have read 6-11 pounds  :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3: Apr 06, 2008 05:53:49 am

Eddie, to be fair I think it was a typo on Magillionaire's part...It should have read 6-11 pounds  :lmao:

Too right! :lmao:

Finnan wont go, too valuable to let go for peanuts. The others though should be out as offers too good to refuse could come in.

Kewell 6-11 million.....still laughing at that one :lmao:
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #4: Apr 06, 2008 11:37:21 am
      Lets be honest, to some extent the answer to this question will depend on who owns the club at the end of the season, hence what budget is available to Rafa for next year. One thing I'm sure of, is that Rafa will not dilute his squad for the sake of it, however players such as Kewell, Voronin and Riise may be allowed to leave as they do not appear to be pivotal in his plans going forward
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5: Apr 06, 2008 12:13:54 pm
      OK maybe i was being a tad optimistic :P but i still think that 6million for kewell is realistic... maybe not 11 :S
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #6: Apr 06, 2008 12:30:16 pm
      OK maybe i was being a tad optimistic :P but i still think that 6million for kewell is realistic... maybe not 11 :S

No-one in their right minds would pay even 6 mill for Kewell when he's always injured mate. As it is he'll be out of contract so we won't get a penny for him.
      JonBassett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -4 
      Reply #7: Apr 07, 2008 12:40:06 pm
      Pennants probably going to be released, he's a waste of space
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #8: Apr 07, 2008 12:42:18 pm

That's a very harsh assesment of Pennant. Although he is not the top quality player we need for that position he is still a decent Premeier League player.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #9: Apr 07, 2008 12:42:57 pm

Thanks for the in depth analysis ;D

I take it when you say released you mean sold? We're not usually in the business of just releasing players who are capable of generating a transfer fee unless there's been some major breach of discipline.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #10: Apr 07, 2008 12:47:55 pm

Sorry but I have to stop you there and say you are out of order.

Pennant is capeable of taking on men, and whipping in a dangerous cross.  So what if he doesn't score enough goals.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #11: Apr 07, 2008 12:53:03 pm
      I actually agree with JonBassett that Pennant should go (subject to a suitable replacement being bought), but you're always gonna get stick if you just post 'he's a waste of space' without justifying it in any way.

Any chance of expanding on that bold statement there Jon?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #12: Apr 07, 2008 12:58:23 pm
      I actually agree with JonBassett that Pennant should go (subject to a suitable replacement being bought), but you're always gonna get stick if you just post 'he's a waste of space' without justifying it in any way.

Any chance of expanding on that bold statement there Jon?

I also agree that Pennant should go Ed but he deserves a little more credit than Jon's statement. He may not be good enough if we want a title winning team but he is far from a waste of space.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #13: Apr 07, 2008 01:06:15 pm

And your reasons for this are? he has hardly played many games this season and the ones in which he has he's proved a useful accessory to the team.  When he played in Jan after being out for some time he played exceptionally well and although I admit he has hardly shown his best recently he is still much more useful than the Likes of Voronin and Riise.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 07, 2008 01:09:56 pm
      Pennant's a decent player and he'll make a good squad player IMO. He's not lazy and puts in his fair share of work on the right flank. He also provides a good tactical choice for Mr. Tactician Benitez due to where his strength's and weaknesses.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #15: Apr 07, 2008 05:40:27 pm
      He shouldnt be released but if an offer comes in it would be hard be reject IMO
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #16: Apr 07, 2008 06:57:45 pm
      He shouldnt be released but if an offer comes in it would be hard be reject IMO

Agreed. He isn't a "waste of space", but he's a player I don't have much time for. I don't know what it is about him exactly that displeases me, but I wouldn't want him in my squad if I were manager. He seems a very emotional player, but not in a good way; he can become easily rattled if he isn't getting any success, in a way that seems to rub off on other players so that the team look out of sorts. A bit like Gerrard at times if he's having a bad one, but the thing is that Gerrard's bad days are a lot rarer and his play on a good day far, far better.

I wouldn't call him lazy either, on Saturday he was chasing down players a lot, but ended up putting in a lot of last-ditch tackles that were unsuccessful, perhaps a sign that his frustration was showing. This again is an attribute shared by other players such as Gerrard again, or Mascherano, the difference being that their tackling is much more effective and so it becomes motivational for the rest of the team. Maybe it's because he's young, but I just don't see him changing for the better, or improving much as a winger.

Overall I think he's reached his peak as a winger, and whilst he has a good standard of play generally, it's not what I think can help bring us the title or any other trophy, and unfortunately for me that means he should leave if an offer comes in. For a lower team he could be an assest, but for a team whose aspirations are the Premiership title and the Champion's League he just isn't all that.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #17: Apr 09, 2008 12:53:37 am
      Crouch - He wants to play game in game out, he's hinted that he's off in the summer. Rafa wants him to stay and Crouch deep down probably does aswell but he has to be realistic.

Pennant - His lack of games this season is a big hint he might be off in the summer, but then we'd lack serious cover for the right.

Kewell - I'm nearly 100% that this player won't even play a game for us ever again. To be honest he only shown glipses of what the Kewell from Leeds United was all about.. complete shame about his football here though.

Voronin - He was signed on a bosman and he'll probably be let go for something near nothing. He's not really a good player and it's shown!

Riise - I'm not too sure if he does leave. He's a fantastic player don't get me wrong but he's had a shocker this season. This is a player I'd hate too see leave, but Aurelio is now no.1 left back and Riise wants games.

Finnan - With possibly Rafinha coming to Liverpool for next season, and Arbeloa as his back up.. where would this leave the 31 year old? Possibly looking for a new club?

Players I think are safer now;

Alonso - Unless he decides to leave himself I can't see Rafa wanting to sell him. He plays in big important games and looks like he could recapture his old form soon.

Kuyt - Has played such an effective role of late, with Voronin and maybe Crouch looking to leave in the summer Rafa would not want to get rid of Kuyt. He's an effective player!

Aurelio - Has been a consistent performer for us latley. Is at the moment our No.1 left back and I can see him staying as that for next season even with maybe Insua being introduced as his back up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #18: Apr 09, 2008 12:58:13 am
      Kuyt - Has played such an effective role of late, with Voronin and maybe Crouch looking to leave in the summer Rafa would not want to get rid of Kuyt. He's an effective player!

Aurelio - Has been a consistent performer for us latley. Is at the moment our No.1 left back and I can see him staying as that for next season even with maybe Insua being introduced as his back up.

Two players that I would not let go in the summer. I feel that Kuyt is a player that many top managers would want in their squad and Fabio is prving to be our No. 1 left back with a number of very consistent performances over the last few months.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Apr 09, 2008 01:12:02 am
      I'd be happy to see Pennant 'sold'. It speaks volumes when we've got a striker holding the fought on the right. I only think he has a good game against opposition that Liverpool Football Club should be casting aside easily. And that's not good enough.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #20: Apr 09, 2008 01:13:09 am
      Crouch - He wants to play game in game out, he's hinted that he's off in the summer. Rafa wants him to stay and Crouch deep down probably does aswell but he has to be realistic.

Pennant - His lack of games this season is a big hint he might be off in the summer, but then we'd lack serious cover for the right.

Kewell - I'm nearly 100% that this player won't even play a game for us ever again. To be honest he only shown glipses of what the Kewell from Leeds United was all about.. complete shame about his football here though.

Voronin - He was signed on a bosman and he'll probably be let go for something near nothing. He's not really a good player and it's shown!

Riise - I'm not too sure if he does leave. He's a fantastic player don't get me wrong but he's had a shocker this season. This is a player I'd hate too see leave, but Aurelio is now no.1 left back and Riise wants games.

Finnan - With possibly Rafinha coming to Liverpool for next season, and Arbeloa as his back up.. where would this leave the 31 year old? Possibly looking for a new club?

Players I think are safer now;

Alonso - Unless he decides to leave himself I can't see Rafa wanting to sell him. He plays in big important games and looks like he could recapture his old form soon.

excellent critique, however for me its very hard to say anything negative on all the players that were used today, i just feel its blasphemy.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,304 posts | 4949 
      Reply #21: Apr 09, 2008 01:13:51 am
      I'd be happy to see Pennant 'sold'. It speaks volumes when we've got a striker holding the fought on the right. I only think he has a good game against opposition that Liverpool Football Club should be casting aside easily. And that's not good enough.

Maybe he knows he isn't good enough for the top sides Ken!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #22: Apr 09, 2008 04:07:11 am
      Aurellio is actually looking very solid now a days. I'm starting to feel real comfortable about our left sided defence.

Quick Reply