Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Outgoing Players

Read 10419 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Outgoing Players
      Reply #92: May 09, 2008 02:52:56 pm
      Your surprised no one wants him?   :o

:D :D

No im not suprised no one wants him im suprised we are making it look like we want to keep him
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 452 
      Reply #93: May 09, 2008 04:45:58 pm
      I think we should sell at least one midfielder in the summer but not Mascherano. We need a mix up in that posistion.

I think that the player could be Alonso if a decent bid comes in.  Alonso is a wonderful player, but I just feel that he lacks what you said in another thread that bite/aggression.  He's a brilliant passer and his awareness is good but in the 50-50 challenges he loses out a lot. 
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #94: May 09, 2008 05:50:03 pm
      I think that the player could be Alonso if a decent bid comes in.  Alonso is a wonderful player, but I just feel that he lacks what you said in another thread that bite/aggression.  He's a brilliant passer and his awareness is good but in the 50-50 challenges he loses out a lot. 
      [/quote]             Think your right mate,I don't think Alonso has been great for the last two seasons tbh so if we had to loose a midfield player, I think he'd be the one. Whether Barry is as good as Alonso,I'm not sure but Barry can play in different positions, Alonso can't.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 452 
      Reply #95: May 09, 2008 06:57:28 pm
      I admire Alonso he is a quality player, but apart from my feeling of his aggression also it’s obvious that he will be second choice when we play a 4-4-2, which may start to frustrate him soon.
      briancs342
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #96: May 10, 2008 02:08:22 am
      I just read somewhere that Benitez isnt considering selling Alonso
      carrollfella
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #97: May 13, 2008 09:38:52 am
      is this chap for real!!!
      kewell is out of contract...
      riise wud be at most 2.5 mill
      finnan is 33!!! get a grip man...
      alonso was worth that about 3 seasons ago!! worth half that now...
      voronin, we'd have to pay that much for someone to take him...
      crouchie is a legend end of...
      haydzrox
      • Forum David Johnson

• 244 posts |
      • Justice for the 96
      Reply #98: May 13, 2008 10:03:16 am
      i think benayoun should be outgoing this year
      carrollfella
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts | -1 
      Reply #99: May 13, 2008 10:11:42 am
      very true...
      if we're all gonna be realistic, 80 - 90% of our team wouldnt get into the united or chelsea team...
      can we seriously imagine players like benayoun, pennant, voronin, finnan, arbeloa, riise, aurelio, kuyt, etc getting into the starting line up or even the squad at united or chelsea? i for one cant...
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #100: May 13, 2008 11:28:40 am
      Yeah but at the same time the only team that can have a legitimate claim to having the best player in the premiership is the scum with ronaldo. After that its gerrard and torres all the way.......nobody else can touch them !
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #101: May 13, 2008 12:23:05 pm
      I think the guys who will leave this summer are as follows:

Pennant - has not had many chances to shine this season partly through injury, partly through Kuyt nicking his role

Crouch - even though he has a £15m price tag I think he may go to Man City

Carson - still @ Villa last I heard and I think he may be involved in the deal with Barry

Kewell - Is he still here? ;D he was a good player but now I feel he has had his peak and may become a BBC sports pundit and spend more time with his young family

Riise - Same again I think he has had his best days and maybe have a season at Fulham or Stoke ???

El Zhar - On loan to Bristol (when they get through) he would have a really good season I think playing alongside the top clubs with a new one.

I don't think Voronin will go on the account that Benitez must see something we don't in him it's funny how he gets better towards the end of the season and in last season's pre season games he looked sharp so I think he will have another chance we just tell him it's a friendly ;)
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2008 12:26:22 pm by AJ »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3717 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #102: May 23, 2008 09:30:08 pm
      Riise - I could move on Reds star concedes he faces an uncertain summer

Liverpool star John Arne Riise has admitted that his future at Anfield is far from certain.

The 27-year-old Norwegian has in the past expressed a desire to stay on Merseyside but it has been speculated his Liverpool career is drawing to a close.

Riise has endured an indifferent past campaign and with Liverpool closing on the signing of Udinese left-back Andrea Dossena it does looks as though Riise could be made surplus to requirements.

"I am uncertain. If I don't hear anything before the summer, I will have to consider my situation," Riise told Nettavisen.

"We have got to hope that we reach an agreement with the club about what will happen."

While an ideal scenario would see Riise remain at Liverpool, he concedes it is flattering to be linked with a number of high-profile clubs.

Flattered

"A club change is not impossible," he added.

"I have said that I want to stay where I am, but there have been many rumours in the newspapers about many big clubs.

"It's fantastic to be linked with such clubs. At the same time, I am playing in a position which many clubs are trying to fill.

"I am truly enjoying myself where I am, but the situation is very uncertain at the moment.

"The most important thing is that I get to play regularly
      ."

I think that he has a club in his mind & i'm sure he will playing less than last season 'cos dossena ( almost lfc player), Aurelio, insua all of them will challenge for his place.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #103: May 23, 2008 10:00:12 pm
      Itandje - Cant provide the cover we need if Reina gets injured or suspended, makes 1 too many errors

Riise - Has been a great player in his time at Liverpool but he was always 1st choice, now he has to fight for his place he has found it hard. Time for him to find a new team

Finnan - Whether finnan stays or goes all depends on what Rafa's plans are when it come to Arbeloa because he can play anywhere in defence but if he see's him at right back then with the arrival of Degan and Finnan getting on a bit he might want regular 1st team football for the last few years before he retires. Would be a shame to see him go though

Crouch - Crouch is a tricky one to say where he will be next season because with our new formation he has'nt got the ability to displace Torres from the team. He doent like being sat on the bench and that is understandable. If we get a new striker in such as Villa or someone then he will deffo go because with someone who is right up at the same level as Torres he will know he hasnt got much chance of being in the team. Maybe it might be for the best if he leaves.

Voronin - If he stays i will be shocked because he has got to be one of the worst singings ever at Liverpool, was sh*t pratically all season (his goal against Blackburn, I would debate that it was an own goal ;) ) well even though he looks set to leave, he could well be the 1st player in history where the team that owns him has paid a team to sign him  :D

Pennant - I think he will only leave if we sign Bentley or a different winger, could well be used as part of a transfer fee but if he does'nt leave then i dont think Rafa will be too dissapointed

Carson - Becomming a bit too big for his own gloves (like the pun?  :D ) thinks he is too good to be on the bench at Liverpool, which he probably is but he is no where near as good as Reina so therefore he should be his understudy. Rafa valued him at £10mill and that is about right because he would be 1st choice at Villa or a team like that plus he is involved at the international scene. Carson isnt the manager so therefore he is'nt able to set his own price. Maybe time for him to leave for good.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #104: May 31, 2008 09:24:26 pm
      Long time no see, guys! My computer is still......sick :-\
      Lots of fun and interesting reading for me now when Im off work for a week and visiting my parents (read: their pc ;)) But lots of strange reading too, especially in this thread...... Dont wanna be upset in my first post in ages, but come on...
      Still alot of good stuff tho! And I need that so I can do some catching up on transfer stuff and rumors :)

We need to get rid of either Finnan or Arbeloa as a new RB will be bought. Probably Finnan as he's a lot older even though he's probably far better than Arbeloa.

IS there another rightback coming? Like concrete, is it? (There where a few mentioned in the article Solodee posted)
      Hate stuff like this, "We CAN get someone better there and there....but then what about the pretty good cover we ALREADY GOT in those positions? Sell them." Makes me so angry. And as Crouchinho answered too: its at the left something should happen.

The players I personally see going out are:

Crouch - Been interest from a couple of other clubs already and since we cant guarentee that he'll even be in the squad most the time I think he'll just give up and go, which is a shame because he's been pretty good even though he is completely useless in the air (with his head, I think we all remember the overhead kick in the champions league).

I remember the header against Arsenal last season ;)

Gonna enjoy some reading now! Later :-*
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #105: May 31, 2008 09:32:04 pm
      I think benayoun should be outgoing this year
      the lad was an excellent purchase.
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #106: May 31, 2008 10:58:31 pm
      It really irks me when I read some posts where they say how our team couldn't get into either the Scum or Chelski's 1st eleven.

Let me ask you..:-

Would Rooney get into our starting 11 with Tores playing?

Would van Der Sar be 1st choice ahead of Pepe?

How bout Hargreaves or Carrick with Masch in the team?

All we need is a few class acquisitions and we'll be right up there at the business end of 08/09.

:champ:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 452 
      Reply #107: May 31, 2008 11:03:23 pm
      It really irks me when I read some posts where they say how our team couldn't get into either the Scum or Chelski's 1st eleven.

All we need is a few class acquisitions and we'll be right up there at the business end of 08/09.

Good post!  Very well put.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #108: Jun 02, 2008 07:25:00 pm
      Is it true that Riise is set for a £5million move to Roma?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #109: Jun 02, 2008 07:34:09 pm

Great post matey.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #110: Jun 02, 2008 08:48:00 pm
      Is it true that Riise is set for a £5million move to Roma?

I saw that today too. Hopefully we could use this to get mancini would be an absolute steal for us
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #111: Jun 02, 2008 09:12:26 pm
      I saw that today too. Hopefully we could use this to get mancini would be an absolute steal for us

I would rather see that money go towards Ribery ;D
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #112: Jun 02, 2008 10:54:49 pm
      True i cant see bayern letting ribery go though, thats why i think we should go for someone else
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 452 
      Reply #113: Jun 02, 2008 10:59:20 pm
      Hopefully we could use this to get mancini would be an absolute steal for us

That would kick start our transactions in this window, really would be fantastic, lets hope so after all it does seem someone will get a bargain.  Why not us!
      min
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | -7 
      Reply #114: Jun 09, 2008 05:09:41 pm
      keep xabi.....

and sell.... pennant ,voronin, crouch, finnan ,riise, kewel...

Quick Reply