Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Tom Hicks demands Rick Parry's resignation!

Read 8667 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Tom Hicks demands Rick Parry's resignation!
      Reply #69: Apr 11, 2008 01:07:14 pm
      Tough being told you were rejected for a bunch of wankers in a bid to buy a club you love. Think about that then see how you feel about him.

Yeah i know i know but still. Hicks shouldnt be trying to make decisions like this anyway when he knows the board consists of him aswell as another like 5 people who must agree on a decision so he cant just do things like this. If anyone goes, all 3 go not just parry.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #70: Apr 11, 2008 01:58:05 pm
      Parry has to stand his ground here, as much as i hate him, if he sides with Gillete then that could make it easier to sell the club. If Parry gets sacked then Hicks would bring in his son probably, (who remember was spat at) so his son would take Hicks side obviously, and he will hate the fans after the abuse he recieved at the Sandon.

No sympathy to Parry, he sold us to these no-marks in the first place. Also Gillete has taken Parry's side in all this, on SSN now.

I have a horrible feeling that Hicks isn't going to sell-up to anyone unless it's for a MASSIVE profit. Fingers-crossed I'm wrong.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #71: Apr 11, 2008 02:19:18 pm
      Once again dirty linen being washed in public :f_steam:It's taken me almost 24 hours to calm down before posting as I feel that our club is being humiliated by the pr*cks comments yet again. My main concern at the moment is not Parry or who owns us ( they're all gobsh*tes anyway), my concerns are with Rafa and the players, what on God's earth must they be thinking about all this.I am also concerned over Rafa's future at the club, being one if not the best managers around at the moment( on many club's wish list), is he next in line for the Hicks treatment, as Donrafael aluded to earlier in the thread, would he be on his bike if Parry left and was replaced by a Hicks puppet?Now is the time when we must stand together as fans to make sure that the owners are under no illusions about our hatred of them.Once again out comes the " Hick the pr**k" t-shirt and it stays on until he's gone(washed occasionally).

IRWT
      ffs DIC what are you playing at?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #72: Apr 11, 2008 02:19:42 pm
      All in all.  Parry is doing the right thing 'for once' standing his ground. 

As you said there Liverbird, Hicks will only bring in his son & it would make matters worse as they will be getting more comfortable at the top. 
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #73: Apr 11, 2008 02:55:57 pm
      I want to go on record to say that Parry mini-interview today on Sky News was the first bit of class this bloke has shown the fans since the day he scooped and signed Rafa.

Top banana... top pubes... ! He has grown a pair of mini cojones over-night...well done that "man".

BUT...

The bit that is really getting to me today is that Hicks has told Sky that the wants Parry to go because his relationship with Benitez has broken down... THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF SABOTAGE at this moment of the season.

I have often wondered about the quality of Rafa's relationship with Parry (as you all know on here) ...Parry's silences at key moments... and Rafa's willingness to swallow tanks of sh*te week in week out without his boss' defence or public assistance... as Rafa attempts to keep THE CLUB together... not just the playing staff... THE CLUB together, as he is the only stable management pillar at the place right now... which in turn keeps many FANS and PLAYERS whole and focused respectively.

But I genuinely feel that anything Rafa may have said to Hicks (via email?) ...with Mr Hicks with whom we KNOW Rafa has a genuinely sh*te relationship... has been misquoted, mismanaged and twisted to now try to unsettle the Parry/Gillett camp and DIC bidders.

Mr Hicks my message to you ...and your son (as Hicks Jr often, apparently, reads fans forums) is the following:

LEAVE RAFA OUT OF YOUR MONEY-SPINNING GAME OF CHESS WITH YOUR "PARTNER" AND UAE BIDDERS.

MAKE YOUR MONEY/PROFITS OUT OF LFC - ASAP - AND GET THE HELL OUT OF -OUR-  CLUB/FAMILY AND PASSION.

...and finally...

You Mr Hicks - Should Never Walk Alone... as we have long memories this side of the pond ...so look behind you EVERY time and step you do ever chance to Walk Alone...

WE WILL NOT FORGET THIS.

I.R.W.T.

"Must Go"... Number Six Bus to Moscow is on it's way...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #74: Apr 11, 2008 03:41:48 pm
      There's no light at the end of the tunnel, if ever there's one it's a steam locomotive. I guess there's a plot here where Gillett is buying time, in 6 weeks time when the loan term expires, G&H will need to refinance the loan, Gillett will have no problem with his portion as DIC would be behind him but fat Hicks will struggle to do the same. If that's the case he'll be forced to sell. Assuming Hicks is able to get some financial backing to service the loan, it will be back to square one and it is no better than to face a steam locomotive and get it over with once and for all.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #75: Apr 11, 2008 05:14:34 pm
      Top post Don.

I am pretty sure that Parry has only opted to do the right thing this time round as there is no other option that would benefit himself more, but regardless of his reasons he is doing the right thing & we have to back him in that. It would seem the tide is turning against Hicks, he seems to be fighting a one man battle against DIC, Gillett & now Parry (you could possibly throw Rafa in there as well, but I think he's just trying to ignore it & focus on the team now). The only problem is that you never know how someone will react when their back's against the wall, he strikes me as the type that does things purely to piss others off and the more grief he gets the more he may well do it. He'll definitely sell IMO, but my biggest worry is that just out of spite he would hold on until the transfer window closes and block any deals in the meantime, as is his right under the current agreement with Gillett. Financially speaking it would be a stupid thing to do as it would devalue the club, but people have done crazier things in the past because of their pride being hurt, which his definitely will have been.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #76: Apr 11, 2008 05:51:26 pm
      Top post Don.

I am pretty sure that Parry has only opted to do the right thing this time round as there is no other option that would benefit himself more, but regardless of his reasons he is doing the right thing & we have to back him in that. It would seem the tide is turning against Hicks, he seems to be fighting a one man battle against DIC, Gillett & now Parry (you could possibly throw Rafa in there as well, but I think he's just trying to ignore it & focus on the team now). The only problem is that you never know how someone will react when their back's against the wall, he strikes me as the type that does things purely to piss others off and the more grief he gets the more he may well do it. He'll definitely sell IMO, but my biggest worry is that just out of spite he would hold on until the transfer window closes and block any deals in the meantime, as is his right under the current agreement with Gillett. Financially speaking it would be a stupid thing to do as it would devalue the club, but people have done crazier things in the past because of their pride being hurt, which his definitely will have been.

Rafa must be very pissed off... seriously pissed off.

He cancelled today's press conference, something I don't think he has ever done before.

Not good.

When Rafa got pissed off at Valencia he left (reisgned, word of the week) at the end of the season, with minimal fuss.

Let us hope history does not repeat itself... for the sake of LFC.

IRWT

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #77: Apr 11, 2008 05:53:20 pm
       In all this Hicks sh*t  the most thing I fear is that Rafa gets fed up with all this saga and decide to leave at the end of the season..
        Parry has done the best thing  not to stand down at this very important moment of our Club

Why does'nt he(Hicks) just  collect the good profit DIC offered him and leave this club ,players and ,and fans alone and NEVER step on Liverpool soil ever again
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #78: Apr 11, 2008 06:01:34 pm
      No question Parry has to (eventually) leave.

But he's got a seat on the board, even though it lacks any real power, and he might - for the first time - be about to do something that shows he has got some balls.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #79: Apr 12, 2008 06:59:01 am
      No question Parry has to (eventually) leave.

But he's got a seat on the board, even though it lacks any real power, and he might - for the first time - be about to do something that shows he has got some balls.

Looks to me that Parry wants to hold on to his job... allowing Gillet a small percentage ownership... bringing in DIC as majority shareholder... and some how keeping his job as intermediatery CEO between owning parties.

Hope I am wrong.

I want Parry, Hicks and Gillett out of our club in one clean swoop... and thus ensure Rafa has a BETTER relationship with the owners/execs in the next era of the club...

IRWT
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #80: Apr 12, 2008 09:02:16 am
       Don I agree with you we need Hicks Gillett and Parry all gone B4 our club gets totally ruined.The antics of these three makes RAFAS achievements this season all the more remarkable.There cannot be another manager in the E.P.L. or any other league that has had to contend with the crap he has had to.I sincerely hope he continues his good work and ignores the 3 stooges and leads us  to victory in Moscow .
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • Š Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #81: Apr 12, 2008 11:02:05 am
      For those of you who still have the strength to carry on through this, here is the latest from The Times this morning. There is some positive to be taken from this article, which I have highlighted, this being the supposed continued interested by DIC in the club (unnamed sourse as usual though  ::)). The second paragraph I highlighted though is a reminder to everyone that Parry has to get out of the club, whether this be before or after Hicks  :f_steam::

George Gillett Jr backs Rick Parry in Anfield power battle

The situation at Liverpool reached a new low last night after the gloves came off and the divisions were laid bare in the bitter boardroom struggle at the Barclays Premier League club.

After Rick Parry launched a damning indictment of Tom Hicks’s attempts to remove him from office, George Gillett Jr offered his full public backing to the Liverpool chief executive, further damaging relations between the club’s warring American co-owners.

Coming days after Liverpool reached the Champions League semi-finals for the third time in four seasons, Parry branded Hicks’s request that he step down, which came in a three-page letter, as “offensive to the players, the manager, the fans, In the week when we had another great European triumph there’s more dirty linen being washed [in public]”.

Parry reiterated that he had no intention of resigning, while making a plea for “leadership at the top” at a time when there is “a severe lack of unity” at the club, but it was the defiance displayed by Gillett towards Hicks that resonated and heightened fears that the struggle for ownership could continue to be played out in public for some time as tensions between the rival factions spiral out of control.

The “first refusal” agreement between Gillett and Hicks, in which one must offer the other the chance to buy his 50 per cent stake before selling to a third party, is believed to expire at the end of next month. Despite the acrimony in the boardroom, the commitment of Dubai International Capital (DIC), the private equity investment arm of the Dubai Government, to buy the club was described as “remorseless” by one source last night.

Hicks is thought to have wanted Parry out for at least six weeks but decided to wait until after Liverpool’s three matches against Arsenal in the Barclays Premier League and Europe before making his move, but Parry has the support of the majority of his fellow board members — Gillett, Gillett’s son Foster and David Moores, the honorary life president — so any attempt appears doomed to failure.

“Rick Parry retains our full support,” Gillett said. “Any decision to remove him would need the approval of the full Liverpool board, which, it should be remembered, consists of six people — myself, Foster, David Moores, Rick himself, Tom Hicks and Tom Jr.

Parry learnt of Hicks’s intentions via text messages from family members asking whether the reports breaking on Thursday afternoon were true, but Hicks’s camp cast doubt yesterday on Gillett’s suggestions that he had not seen the letter, which they say was circulated to all board members.

Although Hicks was irked by a radio interview conducted by Parry last month, during which the Liverpool chief executive was critical of the Texan, the letter outlined various reasons behind the call for his resignation. Rafael BenĂ­tez, the Liverpool manager, is alleged to have told Hicks that Parry was responsible for allowing a series of high-profile transfer targets to slip through the net.

Benítez, whose weekly press briefing was cancelled yesterday, had been privately critical of Parry for some time and was dismayed at losing out on Florent Malouda, the France winger, to Chelsea and Nemanja Vidic, the Serbia defender, to Manchester United, although after Liverpool’s success this week, sources claimed that the Spaniard was “incensed” that their achievements should be overshadowed by more boardroom strife.

Hicks is also thought to have accused Parry in the letter of failing to maximise Liverpool’s commercial potential. Similarly, Hicks was angered by a dressing-down given to Ian Ayre, the club’s commercial director and a close ally, by Gillett in Parry’s company this week. Ayre was officially on a “day off” yesterday and could not be contacted.

More protests against the present owners are planned by supporters at Liverpool’s match at home to Blackburn Rovers tomorrow.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #82: Apr 12, 2008 03:39:45 pm
      DO you know if the protests are planned for inside the ground or outside?
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #83: Apr 12, 2008 05:23:49 pm
      Cant belive the timing of this its taken the gloss off our fantastic win over Arsenal,hicks you pr**k.
      kaitwo
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #84: Feb 27, 2009 10:02:47 am
      Parry to quit Anfield

Chief executive to leave Reds

Sky Sports News understands Rick Parry is set to part company with Liverpool by mutual consent.

Parry's position as chief executive at Anfield has been the subject of speculation for some time due to the ongoing row with Rafa Benitez.

The pair have failed to see eye-to-eye over the club's transfer policy with Benitez thought to be looking full control over the team's transfers.

During last season's much-publicised between Liverpool's two American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett Hicks called for Parry to resign.

The news comes at the end of a fraught week for the club when rumours of Benitez leaving Anfield emerged before Wednesday's UEFA Champions League win over Real Madrid.

Benitez denied the rumours in the aftermath of the victory in the Spanish capital and it appears Parry is the man on his way out of Anfield.

Reports suggest Parry has been negotiating a pay-off for the past few weeks and that he will quit his post in the next 24 hours.

Liverpool have so far refused to comment on the reports.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4980067,00.html
      « Last Edit: Feb 27, 2009 10:06:45 am by ayrton77, Reason: Corrected for the \"news\" format »
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #85: Feb 27, 2009 11:06:21 am
      Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaarty
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #86: Feb 27, 2009 11:49:24 am
      I think this one is an attempt, to actually get the backing of the club for Hicks. But what he does realize; as much as we were calling for Parry's head. We would love to not see our laundry being publicly washed on the media.The timing off it is atrocious, on the back end of a great victory, now this?
      It's really disheartening, Liverpool has been the most ridiculed club thus far, yet we still find the power and will to overcome. Hicks please could you, kindly sell your shares, if you care that much about Liverpool. We really didn't need this right now!!...

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #87: Feb 27, 2009 03:35:03 pm
      This should have been done months ago,as it is three quarters of parry is out the F***ing door it just needed hicks to apply a little bit of shoe polish and finish the job,that he took so F***ing long in which time the manager was nearly replaced and/or sacked,vital players on the point of leaving and the club is financially wanting is a disgrace,if he had any balls or the merest hint of a conscience he would follow parry down the road.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #88: Feb 27, 2009 03:47:32 pm
      This should have been done months ago,as it is three quarters of parry is out the F***ing door it just needed hicks to apply a little bit of shoe polish and finish the job,that he took so F***ing long in which time the manager was nearly replaced and/or sacked,vital players on the point of leaving and the club is financially wanting is a disgrace,if he had any balls or the merest hint of a conscience he would follow parry down the road.
      Well said.

The intention to remove these two owners does not fade just because Hicks has got his wish.

And as he has got his wish, this thread is done with.  ;D

All talk about Rick Parry's departure from the club here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=14319.0

Quick Reply