Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

8.30 pm tonight - Calling all LFC Fans Meeting at the Ground

Read 3209 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      8.30 pm tonight - Calling all LFC Fans Meeting at the Ground
      Apr 13, 2008 07:06:57 pm
      Don't know how much support we will get, its started on thisisanfield.com and is now on RAWK

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/viewtopic.php?t=25272&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: 8.30 pm tonight - Calling all LFC Fans Meeting at the Ground
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2008 07:12:14 pm
      Rafa knows the fans are 110% behind him.

I really see little point in this last minute organised 'event' that will not be as well attended as the 44,000 who were there a couple of hours ago.

But that's just my opinion.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2008 07:19:31 pm
      I think whats happening is that a lot of fans are shitting themselves that Rafa is gonna walk after stating in one of his press conferences after the game that he wants meetings with the board asap regarding what he's read today in the press.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/match_of_the_day/7345523.stm    - Link is down at the minute, probably getting battered !!

and also:

Benitez demands explanation over Klinsmann issue
          13/04/2008 - 5:38:56 PM Irish evening echo
          ...“Off the pitch, I am surprised at things I have read,” he said.

“I need some clarification about a meeting with a lot of people that I did not know about.

“I will talk with the board about this (the Klinsmann issue) – as soon as possible, today or tomorrow.

“I need to resolve questions and I want some answers. I want to clarify things.

“I am really calm – but I want answers.”

It is the allegation of Parry’s involvement in the Klinsmann talks that most concerns Benitez.

“I need to talk to the board to clarify things,” he stressed.

“I was surprised about a meeting with another manager. What concerned me was the people who were in the meeting.”

Benitez knows, nonetheless, he cannot afford to allow the intrigue to deflect his attention from the field of play at such an important stage of the season.

“We (players and manager) are professionals and we know we must be focused on football – and we will try to do this,” the Spaniard promised.

“I will try to clarify the situation with the board and the people that need to explain this situation.

“It is not affecting the players. They are winning and they know we must finish in the top four and progress in the Champions League. We must stay focused on football.”

Benitez knows there is no time to be squandered, with the first leg of Liverpool’s Champions League semi-final against Chelsea only 10 days away.

He added: “I will ask some questions; I will talk about things with them.

“That means as soon as possible – days, maybe hours.

“(My own position) is the reason I want to clarify the situation – not just about the meeting but the people who were in that meeting.

“I wasn’t affected today, because (Fernando) Torres and (Steven) Gerrard were playing well – and we won.”

There is a post match press conference after the tv interviews and that's where Radio 5 and the papers info comes from.

How many more times is Rafa going to get shafted by this lot, he must be so angry. Last autumn no communication once Foster had disappeared, Parry not passing on his communications to the owners. Parry at the Klinnsman meeting, Klinnsman now knowing our transfer targets. What more can you do to a man that has brought us such success, despite the shafting, undermining, cocked up transfers - during his tenure as manager, sack him. Oh I forgot they were going to do that anyway.

Bunch of bas**rds, they all need to F**k off now   ::)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #3: Apr 13, 2008 07:26:02 pm
      To go down marching at Anfield tonight would be completely counter-productive IMO.

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2008 07:29:43 pm
      And I dont think he'll walk anyway, he's too astute is our Rafa.  He's got so much passion for the club and its fans and he's brought us so much success over the past few years, and now another potential CL final.  He'll see this out to the end.

What he'll do next season is anyones guess, that will depend on what knobheads are left on our Board  ;) 
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2008 07:47:24 pm
      All I can say is "Oh f'in No"
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2008 07:48:16 pm
      And I dont think he'll walk anyway, he's too astute is our Rafa.  He's got so much passion for the club and its fans and he's brought us so much success over the past few years, and now another potential CL final.  He'll see this out to the end.

What he'll do next season is anyones guess, that will depend on what knobheads are left on our Board  ;) 

I agree... but hopefully his new bosses will SUPPORT him, not back stab him... and give him funds.

IRWT
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #7: Apr 13, 2008 07:54:09 pm
      Rafa is unpredictable, so don't expect nothing unusuall from him in the near future (off the pitch im talking about, he done it with Valencia, so....)
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Apr 13, 2008 08:12:54 pm
      To go down marching at Anfield tonight would be completely counter-productive IMO.

I agree there is no point in a protest now, we all need to stay calm and watch what goes on but I really do feel Rafa will be gone by the summer as this will really be too much for him to bear.
      red1
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #9: Apr 13, 2008 08:19:35 pm
      The only sensible thing that could have been behind this was 'The Management' being concerned Rafa wanted out, did he not say things at the time that might have made them think he's off back to Spain. If that was their reason, fair play, if they didnt have a contingency plan for someone to take over  would we not be saying idiots should have been prepared. I can't beleive they simply thought "oh inexperienced Klinsmann we want him".
      If they had another reason then they should F**k off, in fact they should F**k off anyway.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #10: Apr 13, 2008 09:01:22 pm
      Bit too last minute if you ask me. Although i do understand the urgency. Should do it tomorrow.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Apr 13, 2008 09:16:25 pm
      UI dont really see any point in this meeting because he gets alot of support from the crowd on match day and he knows he is loved by the fans and he has stated he wants to stay for a lot of years. It will just end up in the papers and it will just cause more speculation. To me it comes under the same category of doing your dirty washing in public. The S*n will end up having a field day and it will be giving them something to make up.

In Rafa We Trust AND HE KNOWS IT!!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Apr 13, 2008 09:18:53 pm
      I think this meeting is superflous... the owners know by now how much we love and admire Rafa... well some of us anyway...

Where is my mate Richobaz these days?

IRWT
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #13: Apr 13, 2008 09:39:44 pm
      I think this meeting is superflous... the owners know by now how much we love and admire Rafa... well some of us anyway...

Where is my mate Richobaz these days?

IRWT

You tell me, Don....
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #14: Apr 13, 2008 10:02:39 pm
      Any word on how this went?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: Apr 13, 2008 10:06:51 pm
      Yep !!  No buggar turned up  ::)
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #16: Apr 13, 2008 10:09:39 pm
      Yeah, was just reading RAWK & saw that. What can they expect if they do these things at such short notice?

The annoying thing is they went & got it publicised, they were talking about it on talksport earlier, and now we just look like a bunch of idiots.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Apr 13, 2008 10:19:43 pm
      Wouldn't be surprised if it was initially a wind up.  :o

Seriously though, how anyone can expect many people to turn up at such short notice.... Let alone if people decide if it's a good idea and it would prove something.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #18: Apr 13, 2008 10:26:49 pm
      Don't worry, the media will spin it now so that 'Reds fans DON'T back Rafa'.  Well done whichever moron started that thread on TIA.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #19: Apr 13, 2008 10:38:18 pm
      Well done whichever moron started that thread on TIA.

Tom Hicks' PR?
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Apr 13, 2008 10:46:29 pm

Our forum rivals of course.  ;)

Seriously what the F**k has twisted today??  I thought Parry was in on the Klinnsman talks??  ???

Since when did Rafa get so pissed off after winning  3 - 1 & qualifying through to the Semi Finals of the CL???

I'm confused.  Where have these stories come from?!?!?!?!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #21: Apr 13, 2008 10:49:48 pm
      Parry was in on the Klinsmann talks, but Rafa didnt know that  >:(
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #22: Apr 13, 2008 10:50:37 pm
      Our forum rivals of course.  ;)

Seriously what the F**k has twisted today??  I thought Parry was in on the Klinnsman talks??  ???

Since when did Rafa get so pissed off after winning  3 - 1 & qualifying through to the Semi Finals of the CL???

I'm confused.  Where have these stories come from?!?!?!?!

Agree Court. I can't get my head around all this at the minute which is why I haven't posted much about it today.

It seems to me that all the people that are supposed to be in charge of the club are doing their best to destabalise and score points off each other.

Quick Reply