Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Danny Murphy Wants A Favour

Read 4259 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Danny Murphy Wants A Favour
      Apr 14, 2008 12:10:36 pm
      I saw This on skysports.com

Fulham midfielder Danny Murphy is hoping his old side Liverpool will do them a favour next week by leaving out some of their top stars.

The Craven Cottage outfit boosted their survival hopes with a 2-0 win at Reading on Saturday as they secured their first away day success in 34 attempts.

Next up for Fulham is a home clash with Liverpool and with The Reds facing Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League three days after the Craven Cottage clash, Murphy hopes Rafa Benitez may rest star duo Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

Benitez caused a stir last season when he fielded an under-strength side against Fulham, as the West London outfit gained a vital win to help them avoid relegation.

Murphy says he will be speaking to a few of his former team-mates to see if Benitez is planning to rest some of his top stars.

"I will speak to the boys this week and hopefully Stevie, Torres and a few of the others will stay at home. They have got Chelsea next after our match," Murphy told The Mirror.

"But we have to stop worrying about other teams and worry about ourselves, and our performance has to be at this level if we are to give ourselves a chance.

Target
      "I think we have to win three of our last four - if not, then two wins and two draws. We have to look forward to the Liverpool match and play with confidence."

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is not getting drawn into the idea that Liverpool could field a weakened team, feeling whatever team Benitez puts out will be a tough nut to crack.

"Even Liverpool's reserve team doesn't look too bad to me. There are one or two players in there that most managers would like to work with, so we might come down to earth with a bump," warned Hodgson.

He cant be serious surely. He hopes we will rest our big stars and basically risk losing 4th place just to help Fulham.

Fulham have been sh*t all season so therefore they deserve to be where they are, they can try and sort their own mess out because we will not be doing them a favour because if we do and up up losing th place then god help fulham. Plus if we were to lose and everton won then it would be adding un-needed pressure!

(Sorry its not exactly the best topic started, i just thought it was bit of a cheek hoping your old team do you a favour. So feel free to move the topic or remove it  :)   )
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Danny Murphy Wants A Favour
      Reply #1: Apr 14, 2008 01:01:50 pm
      He just desperately wants fulham to stay up. I dont want us to get anything less than a win from the game but i can understand where he is coming from fulham are desperate at the moment. I am dissapointed with litmanen he let them down when they needed him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #2: Apr 14, 2008 01:05:11 pm
      I'd normally do anything for Danny Murphy....just because of those wonderful goals he scored against the Mancs....but not this time, you're on your own Danny. I want 3rd now!!!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 14, 2008 01:10:56 pm
      Yes danny murphy could strike a ball like no other, love the guy....

But your not doing yourself any justice by asking other teams for favours. If they need a favour then they deserve to go down. They'll just struggle next year anyway.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Apr 14, 2008 01:14:51 pm
      Sorry Danny but Fulham are down.  Expect to see you at a better club next season.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #5: Apr 14, 2008 01:14:59 pm
      Yes danny murphy could strike a ball like no other, love the guy....

But your not doing yourself any justice by asking other teams for favours. If they need a favour then they deserve to go down. They'll just struggle next year anyway.

Im not so sure they would. Yesterday they showed how they can play and they have a talent suited to them in mcbride. They are a good team but change of managers distrurbs a team alot, i think they could do ok next season given they stay up
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #6: Apr 14, 2008 01:20:45 pm
      Its a bit pathetic isnt it ? We will always look on Danny as one of us but the fact that he would even suggest that we put pressure on ourselves for fourth is ridiculous !
      You'll never walk alone.........I'm afraid your walking on your own on this one Danny ! ;D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Apr 14, 2008 01:21:25 pm
      Isn't Danny's best mate Mr Steven Gerrard... he wouldn't have come out with that without mentioning it to Stevie first... who probably game him a cheeky nod to do it... and have next Saturday off along with Fernando, Dirk and Carra... bring on the MIGHTY ressies I say!

Voro badly needs a full game to get back to his brilliant best (cough!)

LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Apr 14, 2008 01:22:27 pm
      Sorry Danny four games ago we were 3Pt's behind everton ,Four games to go we are 5 Pt's clear of them and the same behind Arsenal .
             We're going for third now so no favours this time matey
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #9: Apr 14, 2008 01:53:10 pm
      Sorry Danny...you're the man though...but YNWA applies if you're wearing the famous "RED" shirt...

Right now you and Fulham will have to prepare for a 3-0 drubbing from us.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #10: Apr 14, 2008 02:03:58 pm
      If wishes were horses.............. Sorry man, We're gunning for 80 points in the league. Ain't no half-stepping. Fulham are going down (3 - 0)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #11: Apr 14, 2008 02:49:05 pm
      No can do Danny! ;) I can actually see Rafa resting a few players but I can see our reserves smashing such a poor side! Play the side we fielded against Arsenal in the league! We'd hammer them about 5-0! :D
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Apr 14, 2008 04:01:36 pm
      Didnt we play a weak side v Fulham last season and get beat no chance again.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #13: Apr 14, 2008 04:57:53 pm
      No channa Danny , the ressies will turn your lot over to be honest anyway. ;)

What happend to Murphy anyway ? , always remember his goals against the scum and him being a big part in the treble season but since he left us he has gone from one club to another without making much of an impact.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #14: Apr 14, 2008 06:52:35 pm
      Danny you can dream mate but that's all it is it's just a dream...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15: Apr 14, 2008 08:40:10 pm
       Even if RAFA rests some players as I am sure he will I would still expect to see them on the bench,just in case we need them.What is the odds on Nemeth getting a run this week.Sorry Danny we think the world of you but you will not get any sympathy from the MIGHTY REDS. ( after the game you can have all the sympathy you want. )
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2008 09:36:43 pm
      What happend to Murphy anyway ? , always remember his goals against the scum and him being a big part in the treble season but since he left us he has gone from one club to another without making much of an impact.

He's not had Gerrard playing alongside him doing all the graft and making Murphy look good?  :o

Unlucky Spud. We're just about managing to do ourselves favours as it is! Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if Torres and Gerrard will be on the bench against Fulham.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2008 09:41:09 pm
      Benitez has said he wants 4th wrapped up before we take on chelsea so ill say it again Danny Sorry .
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2008 10:58:50 pm
      I think Rafa will rest some of his big guns, but were still capable of beating Fulham easy. Even though we did the same last year with a weak team and lost, i still think if we get Crouchy on we"ll over turn them over, because c"mon, lets face it Fulham have been rubbish all season.

I think you"ll get your favour Danny, but you aint going to win against us old mate. Plus being an ex player and a fan of the club, you should be doing us a favour in reaching 3rd spot. Maybe an own goal or 2. If you do get relagated then theres plenty of teams that will sign you up in the premier league.
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2008 11:50:48 pm
      Danny great memorys , but sorry lad ,  u understand the situ , sweet dreams .
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #20: Apr 15, 2008 01:43:21 am
      Danny's just thinking back to our 10-0 victory against Fulham in the 1986 league cup and shitting himself incase its more !!! ;D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #21: Apr 15, 2008 08:56:56 am
      Dear Danny

Just a quick not to say unfortunately we wont be doing you any favours this weekend, as the gaffer has his mind set on galvanising fourth position. But do bear in mind if you do go on to beat us Saturday that may well galvanise your position and actually keep fulofham up. Sorry spud but thats the way things go looking forward to championship football though next season should stand you good sted.

Regards

Prag on behalf of all at LFC...

Cheeky tw*t Ive a good mind to give him a slap or sorts... asking us for favours the cheek of it honestly.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2008 08:53:19 pm
       Hi Danny, so you want a favour? ok. Tell McBride that he can have saturday off, and we'll lend you our in form goalscorer (no not that one), I mean we'll lend you Andrei Voronin for the day. No,bugger it you can keep him for the rest of the season to help you with your relegation battle.

Quick Reply