Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 10th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will Rafa stay?  Or will he walk?

Stay
      (83.3%)
      Walk
      (16.7%)

Rafael Benitez - Will He Walk In The Summer?

Read 10626 times
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Rafael Benitez - Will He Walk In The Summer?
      Apr 14, 2008 05:03:09 pm
      I'm quite sure of that. It'll be a shame really, I have criticised him before but I still back him. I've had my doubts about his policy's but looking back on things, he's really improved us as a team. All these bigger signings at our club now, and we actually look like we've got potential in the squad.

Under Houllier I never gave us a hope in hell that we'd challenge for the Champions League, but we are doing that for the 3rd time under Benitez.

Shame because I don't think he'll stay, and if he goes others may follow (Torres, Mascherano, Xabi, Reina)

Anyone else feel that he'll walk in the summer?
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2008 06:38:04 pm by Court LFC »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: Rafael Benitez - He'll walk in the summer...
      Reply #1: Apr 14, 2008 05:08:24 pm
      Why do you think that ?  I personally dont think he'll go anywhere, if anything, he's in a stronger position now than he ever was.  Hicks wants him to stay and Parry will certainly want him to stay.  If he goes, Parry will certainly be made the scapegoat and I wouldnt like to be in his shoes around here !

Rafa could get a 5 star contract now and funds for the summer.  He's also a very astute and stubborn man and I believe that he intends to finish off what he started with the Reds, to bring us number 19  ;)   
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Apr 14, 2008 05:11:15 pm
      The thing is Rafa and Parry are very close to each other, and if Parry goes then Rafa won't be in a strong posistion in my opinion.

And he doesn't look happy one bit at the moment! I want him to stay, I want Parry to go but what I think Hicks is trying to do is force Benitez out of the club rather than sacking him...

Hope I'm wrong!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3: Apr 14, 2008 05:13:30 pm
      Rafa isnt going anywere, he has already stated that he would like to stay for many more years, it'll be the owners that will be leaving, sorry lets me rephrase, it better be the owners who are leaving
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #4: Apr 14, 2008 05:17:56 pm
      If Rafa goes then the yanks will be hounded out as if they werent already.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #5: Apr 14, 2008 05:21:27 pm
      The thing is Rafa and Parry are very close to each other, and if Parry goes then Rafa won't be in a strong posistion in my opinion.

And he doesn't look happy one bit at the moment! I want him to stay, I want Parry to go but what I think Hicks is trying to do is force Benitez out of the club rather than sacking him...

Hope I'm wrong!

Ra Ra I don't want to upset you mate... but I really think you've had a go at my socks mate.

To say that Rafa and Parry are close, is just plain daft - sorry mate - as I said... my socks are for me alone to smoke.

DIC are the only true saviours here... Rafa might just be moving things along again on that front - in true machevelian style... he is that smart a man.

No other club's fans on earth will love him more.

If he does go, the group of young reserves will be a legacy to be truly proud of in the future... and no incoming manager will ever be able to say it's purely his own work.

It will be forever known as the house that Rafa built.

But he aint going so let's not write the post mortem just yet eh... this STILL has a solution...and it goes by a contract extension and funds for signings guarantee... I bet you some key player's agents are sounding out Fergie, Wenger and Benitez for next season's squad at the minute... (e.g. David Villa... who must spend hours talking to Torres, Xabi, Pepe and now Alvaro at Spanish international squad gatherings - asking them about LFC ... just like Terry and Lump did with StevieG once upon a time...)

I.R.W.T.
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2008 05:25:07 pm by donrafael »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #6: Apr 14, 2008 05:24:57 pm
      Well Tom Hicks will probably be here next season aswell. He's looking to bring in his own CEO and then dump Parry. If he was going to sell up in the summer then why is he making these moves?

They may not be best of friends but Benitez is closer to Parry than any other board room staff at LFC, so I can see why Benitez seems so pissed!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #7: Apr 14, 2008 05:27:10 pm
      Well Tom Hicks will probably be here next season aswell. He's looking to bring in his own CEO and then dump Parry. If he was going to sell up in the summer then why is he making these moves?

He cant dump Parry without a vote on the Board.  He's not a one-man show, he just thinks he is.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #8: Apr 14, 2008 05:28:56 pm

But he aint going so let's not write the post mortem just yet eh... this STILL has a solution...and it goes by a contract extension and funds for signings guarantee... I bet you some key player's agents are sounding out Fergie, Wenger and Benitez for next season's squad at the minute... (e.g. David Villa)

I.R.W.T.

That will never happen when we have no governance,
      At the moment they can't even agree to disagree, let alone throw in twenty mill each for team investment.
      You said it DIC are our only saviours!!??
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #9: Apr 14, 2008 05:29:31 pm

They may not be best of friends but Benitez is closer to Parry than any other board room staff at LFC, so I can see why Benitez seems so pissed!

I said it before and i'll say it again, once we win the CL Hicks is running away with the money as fast as his fat little legs will take him
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #10: Apr 14, 2008 05:32:01 pm
      I said it before and I'll say it again, once we win the CL Hicks is running away with the money as fast as his fat little legs will take him

...or -heaven or footballing gods forbidding - at CL semi final exit stage... we surely have not seen the last of DIC... Rafa must know that.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #11: Apr 14, 2008 05:32:41 pm
      I'm quite sure of that. It'll be a shame really, I have criticised him before but I still back him. I've had my doubts about his policy's but looking back on things, he's really improved us as a team. All these bigger signings at our club now, and we actually look like we've got potential in the squad.

Under Houllier I never gave us a hope in hell that we'd challenge for the Champions League, but we are doing that for the 3rd time under Benitez.

Shame because I don't think he'll stay, and if he goes others may follow (Torres, Mascherano, Xabi, Reina)

Anyone else feel that he'll walk in the summer?
      There's nothing wrong with your arguments!!
      I think he's as good as gone!!
      Hope I'm wrong
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #12: Apr 14, 2008 05:33:51 pm
      I said it before and I'll say it again, once we win the CL Hicks is running away with the money as fast as his fat little legs will take him

Then why is Hicks looking to bring in his own CEO around about May? Is he looking to only keep him there for a couple of weeks and then buggar off? I don't think so...
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #13: Apr 14, 2008 05:37:01 pm
      Why do you think Raffa & Rick Parry are close working buddies, if anything the last two days have shown the opposite is more nearer the fact.I think Raffa sees Parry has a hindrance and not very good at his job (only an opinion) otherwise why does Raffa want clarification on Parry's part in the Klinsmanngate affair. Raffa loves this club and has stated the fact and I don't believe he's gonna leave unless he's pushed or this civil war doesn't get resolved and hinders his work regarding the buying and selling of players...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #14: Apr 14, 2008 05:37:47 pm
      Then why is Hicks looking to bring in his own CEO around about May? Is he looking to only keep him there for a couple of weeks and then buggar off? I don't think so...

You don't think so... this man doesn't care who he fecks over for M O N E Y... wasn't Gillett a close "friend" a few short weeks ago...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #15: Apr 14, 2008 05:47:16 pm
      Then what is Hicks waiting for? To rinse our profits from the CL & PL and then sell up? Maybe but then other causes that have happened in the last few days wouldn't have made sense...

Who gave Rafa £18m for Mascherano?
      IB
      • Prediction League Champion 2008/09
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts | 18 
      Reply #16: Apr 14, 2008 06:00:37 pm

Who gave Rafa £18m for Mascherano?

Rafa sold Sissoko which raised at least £10m of the money.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Apr 14, 2008 06:21:46 pm
      Why is it always you to start these topics?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #18: Apr 14, 2008 06:24:42 pm
      As I have stated before in other threads, I can see that Rafa would walk sooner rather than later. This is turning into a media circus, which he probably wants no part of, not only has he been undermined, and lied too he is now being used as pawn in a boardroom battlefield and used in such a way by Hicks that he must see whats coming. A few months ago Hicks was calling him petulant and now all of a sudden he wants to be bosom buddies. I cant see that Rafa will put up with that kind of crap to be honest and with this obviously going into the court room and in public, where are the funds going to be for him to sign new players?? All the funds will be tied up in lawyers pockets thats where and with no funds to sign new players o la la we are back at Valencia.

Personnally I wouldnt F***ing blame him either, being used like that and undermined must be hard to take, after all he is a human being who has a repuation and ego like the rest of us and to have his name entangled with this joke of a situation is probably more than the poor bloke can bear, and why the F**k should he!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #19: Apr 14, 2008 06:26:45 pm
      Why is it always you to start these topics?

Because I'm special, does it really matter who starts these subjects? We need more debates on this forum!
      So come on, debate mate! ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #20: Apr 14, 2008 06:27:39 pm
      Its a debate that's near enough in every topic! 

Oh well.

May I say he won't walk then?  ;)
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #21: Apr 14, 2008 06:28:19 pm
      I think Hicks discussing Rafa's transfer targets with Klingsman was just going too far, Rafa must still be fuming about it!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #22: Apr 14, 2008 06:31:31 pm
      I honstly think that he will be staying, he has said he wants to stay beyond his contract and he has started to make plans for next season by apparently signing someone already and is in talks with 2 youngsters. Even if we dont win the champions league (which is highly unlikely  ;D ;) ) I still think he will be in charge next season.

I have never ever doubted him 1 bit even when we were going through the bad spells because i know he is the manager that will be bringing league title number 19 and many more to anfield.
      « Last Edit: Apr 14, 2008 06:36:26 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply