Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Torres - La Liga is the best

Read 3405 times
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Re: Torres - La Liga is the best
      Reply #23: Apr 15, 2008 08:34:17 pm
      I agree the big 4 are better in England but the lower teams in spain are of a much better quality than the english teams, mid table now the prem is coming strong with pompy, blackburn, spurs, man city and dare I say it even everton all improving

It's true!!  These teams are improving.  Soon they will reach the dizzy heights of mediocrity instead of just being sh*te. >:D
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #24: Apr 15, 2008 10:57:43 pm
      It's true, La Liga is a better balanced out league than the prem is.

However Prem will be stronger because...

They make the stars, and then Premiership teams nick them or buy them.. either way they've lost out!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #25: Apr 16, 2008 05:00:41 am
      No actually the La Liga is better. The likes of Getafe, Osasuna etc all play attractive football or atleast attempt it whereas Wigan, Derby, Birmingham all just sit back and try hit on the counter.

I agree whole heartedly with Nando on the talent in La Liga compared to England and the football each league delivers.
      ian1967
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 16, 2008 11:12:53 am
      Champions league semi finals 3 English sides 1 Spanish says it all.

how does that say it all????
      the top four are in another world in the prem i agree with that. i reckon that the clubs in the next bracket like everton, pompey, spurs, aren't as strong as their spanish and italian counterparts, like atletico, villareal, fiorentina and lazio.

20 teams v 20 teams, la liga is stronger.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #27: Apr 16, 2008 11:39:20 am
      I think if anyone thinks that the Premiership is stronger then they need to actually start watching Revista De La Liga on SkySports.

The smaller Spanish teams play some beautiful football that would probably carve open some of the lower English teams.

Racing Santander
      Ososuna
      Espanyol
      Deportivo
      Seville
      Mallorca

These teams have far more quality than many think. Latin South American players join Spanish teams as the culture is not too different, and these Spanish teams get them for a fraction of what they'll be worth in the next year or so.

It's up to Gordon Brown to clear the clouds, bring the sun closer to the earth, make more sandy beaches and dump english as our language and everyone to take up spanish... only way to attract south american's no?
      sjkreds
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 142 posts |
      • Reincarnation anyone?
      Reply #28: Apr 16, 2008 12:27:00 pm
      He'll find out next season because Everton, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Man City, West Ham, Newcastle & Spurs are going to be very very strong in the near future.. Nando hasn't realised this but they will be catching up with the top four for sure!

People have been saying that for years though,
      Remember when tesco FC finished above us?
      They were hailing it the 'end of the big four'
      the problem is the mid table teams improve, but so do the big four, it takes massive investment to close the gap.
      What Torres has said is basiclly that the big four in england are stronger then the big clubs in spain.
      but he raises an arguement for the league overall being stronger because the middle table teams in spain are stronger then the middle teams in england. We see teams like getafe, real betis, rcd espanyol and real zaragoza winning games or taking points of the big  clubs in la liga far more often then we see the likes of pompey, man city and villa beating the big four.
      I completely agree with him, If you watch la liga ill think you agree that the technical standard of player is higher in their middle table teams then englands.
      Look at sevilla beating boro 4-0 in the uefa cup final a few years back, wasnt that the first time they qualified for the tournament in recent years?
      and last year there were three middle table spanish teams in the uefa cup semis, sevilla rcd and osasuna two of which were outside the top 10 in the league that season. tottenham and newcastle failed last year and this year everton and tottenham again didnt impress whilst Getafe should have knocked out Bayern munich with only 10 men!
      The media are just shortening the interview and using misleading headlines to make it look like nando is paying out the EPL.
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 16, 2008 01:10:05 pm
      Champions league semi finals 3 English sides 1 Spanish says it all.

Not really.At the moment,the top 4 in the EPL are stronger than the top 4 in Spain/Italy.But if you look at the mid table teams in Spain/Italy they are better than those in the EPL.

If you kook at the recent winners of the UEFA Cup,only one English team has won it in the past 10-15 years (Liverpool-2001). In 2007, Sevilla, Osasuna and Espanyol made the final four.

Overall,I believe that La Liga is the strongest league but the top 4 English clubs are better than those in Italy/Spain.
      johnbarnes10
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts | -23 
      Reply #30: Apr 16, 2008 03:54:54 pm
      I dont care which league he thinks is best as long as he keeps scoring like a legend! THE ARMBAND PROCED HE WAS A RED!!!!!! YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: Apr 17, 2008 07:53:00 am
      I think too many people are being sucked in by this bullshit story. He doesnt mean the EPL is sh*t but the overall standard is much better in La Liga, i think everyone has picked on the moral to the story by now. Nando is inclined to say that, he has played in both leagues against every team. Nando is being portrayed as the bad guy here.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #32: Apr 17, 2008 06:36:03 pm
      I dont care which league he thinks is best as long as he keeps scoring like a legend! THE ARMBAND PROCED HE WAS A RED!!!!!! YNWA

Its proved mate ;)

Quick Reply