Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Philip Degen (Borussia Dortmund)

Read 26374 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Philip Degen
      Reply #23: Apr 26, 2008 01:55:36 pm
      To be honest theres something wrong with you! You have this attitude that if you dont agree with what someone has said that you dont challenge it intellectualy but you make a stupid remark. Why not challenge my earlier quote. Im sorry Eddie mate but not everyone can agree with you. The world is diverse mate, get to grips with it. Go on you might aswell ban me because thats what you done last time when we had a little spat. You dont half get on my nerves! I've never heard of this player and i was kind of hoping that when rafa quoted "i have signed a first team player" that it would have been a fantastic buy. Sorry for having hope. I promise i'll agree with everything you say next time. .*** head

F***ing get over yourself will you, it's called humour.

And FYI it wasn't me that banned you before.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Philip Degen
      Reply #24: Apr 26, 2008 02:10:15 pm
      To be honest theres something wrong with you! You have this attitude that if you dont agree with what someone has said that you dont challenge it intellectualy but you make a stupid remark. Why not challenge my earlier quote. Im sorry Eddie mate but not everyone can agree with you. The world is diverse mate, get to grips with it. Go on you might aswell ban me because thats what you done last time when we had a little spat. You dont half get on my nerves! I've never heard of this player and I was kind of hoping that when rafa quoted "I have signed a first team player" that it would have been a fantastic buy. Sorry for having hope. I promise I'll agree with everything you say next time. .*** head

No need to pout just because you got time in the bin. Most one liner's on this site are made in humour, take your own advice and challenge the quotes of others on other topics if your so smart.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Re: Philip Degen (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #25: Apr 26, 2008 10:26:55 pm
      Sounds like a right stubborn get.

Reported today via Setanta, Degen says:

"There is nothing to it," he told Ruhr Nachrichten. "I have not signed anything.

"Also with Liverpool, it is definitely not simmering.

"Two or three clubs are interested me and BVB [Dortmund] have made a concrete offer.

"But there is no decision. Still not."
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #26: Apr 26, 2008 10:28:34 pm
      No need to pout just because you got time in the bin. Most one liner's on this site are made in humour, take your own advice and challenge the quotes of others on other topics if your so smart.

Oh I see we have another n*b head. I wasnt talking to you luv. Stay in your corner and play your position. Back to whats at hand, I wiill wait to see what this philip is all about but I am dissappointed that it wasn't someone bigger.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #27: Apr 26, 2008 10:52:46 pm
      Oh I see we have another n*b head. I wasnt talking to you luv. Stay in your corner and play your position. Back to whats at hand, I wiill wait to see what this philip is all about but I am dissappointed that it wasn't someone bigger.

Depends what you mean by bigger?

Do you mean a really big name, like Michael Ballack was a year or two back, or like Djibril Cisse was, or even like Andrei Shevchenko was.

Anyway, this Degen deal sounds the most solid deal done of the summer even without this smokescreen.
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #28: Apr 26, 2008 11:32:10 pm
      Depends what you mean by bigger?

Do you mean a really big name, like Michael Ballack was a year or two back, or like Djibril Cisse was, or even like Andrei Shevchenko was.

Anyway, this Degen deal sounds the most solid deal done of the summer even without this smokescreen.

Well ballack has come of age. Cisse, well, ;D i'd rather not talk about that signing. I wanted to see rafinha at right back. We've all seen what quality gets you in El Nino so i'm just hoping that some quality "big" name signings come in so we're stronger next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,331 posts | 4959 
      Reply #29: Apr 26, 2008 11:39:50 pm
      I'm sorry but last time I checked down the bottom of the table, Zarate at Birmingham was the only name lighting it up down there.

Is this because you have seen a lot of him play or just because he has had a few flashy highlights on MOTD?

I guess that quality signing has gone and we'll be getting Philip bludy Degen

Again, have you actually seen Degen play before you criticise him. Too many people come on here and pass comment about players and I seriously doubt if they even seen them play a few minutes football, never mind enough games to form a decent opinion. I have never seen him play so will wait until I do before commenting or trust Rafa's judgement if he is the payer already signed.

Sorry to single you out but this has been pissing me off a bit over the last few weeks.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Apr 27, 2008 04:28:03 am
      The question was asked about Degen. Not Zarate.

As for me going back into my corner, i thought i would take your advice and challenge what someone said.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #31: Apr 27, 2008 06:26:51 am
      Very happy about the Setanta news...we need starting quality of Evra/Clichy/Sagna skills and abilities IMO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #32: Apr 27, 2008 08:51:13 am
      Was waiting to watch the German Cup final between Munich and Dortmund to see Degen in action. He didnt even start so his abilities are still questioned. He definately sounds solid from some people but others write him off because they have never heard of him. Will have to wait and see.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,352 posts | 2874 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Apr 27, 2008 11:37:04 am
      That might be just a case of Dortmund saying right your off in the summer for nothing well give someone else a place in the cup final. As I said yesterday if I had made my feelings public about some players Rafa signed without seeing them Id look stupid now as those players in the very majority of cases have been great signings
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #34: Apr 27, 2008 11:40:07 am
      Does he speak English? is this the player Rafa was referring to?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #35: Apr 27, 2008 12:06:45 pm
       Borussia Dortmund fullback Philipp Degen has cooled talk of a Bosman move to Liverpool.

"There is nothing to it," he told Ruhr Nachrichten. "I have not signed anything.

"Also with Liverpool, it is definitely not simmering.

"Two or three clubs are interested me and BVB [Dortmund] have made a concrete offer.

"But there is no decision. Still not."

LFCelvis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #36: May 11, 2008 08:25:29 pm
      Philipp Degen would be a good signing, but i was hoping for some young quality players, i doubt Rafa has the funds.
      _Dimitri_
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 211 posts |
      Reply #37: May 19, 2008 10:29:09 pm
      A correspondent for Setanta Sports claims that Liverpool have concluded the deal for Swiss right fullback Phillip Degan.

25 year old Degen was at Borussia Dortmund in the Bundesliga having previously played for FC Basle and was in the Switzerland squad in the World Cup 2006. His contract expired with Dortmund this summer and if reports are to believed, will join Liverpool as a Bosman signing.

Don't know if it's true
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #38: May 19, 2008 11:52:55 pm
      Apparently the deal hasnt been finalised yet due to his contract not expiring till next month or something.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39: May 20, 2008 12:27:06 am
      Apparently the deal hasnt been finalised yet due to his contract not expiring till next month or something.

Yea he cant actually be confirmed as he is still a dortmund player untill his contract is up
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #40: May 20, 2008 02:08:05 am
      Then how did the Voronin deal work. We knew in March that he was going to sign on for us yet he was still playing Bayer Leverksuen.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #41: May 20, 2008 05:51:46 am
      Verbal agreement.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,681 posts | 6976 
      Reply #42: May 20, 2008 10:02:26 pm
      Topic Locked.

Player now 'technically' a Liverpool player.

New topic in The Kop
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,7909.0.html

Quick Reply