Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

Possible Barcelona Clean out incl. Deco

Read 3574 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: Possible Barcelona Clean out incl. Deco
      Reply #23: May 22, 2008 10:29:10 pm
      Get a feeling DODDZY89 could be right.If we can't get any top class players this time out, why go for the next best, why not wait intil next season and have a bigger kitty to get the top players. We seem to spend transferr funds because they are there.  Not often on the best players. Surely if we can't improve the squad we should continue with what we've got.
      lanester28
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts | -1 
      Reply #24: May 22, 2008 10:59:23 pm
      what do you mean going to be great?? he already is, called up for euro 2008 at just 17 and in the barca 1st team  :o

I'm sorry to nit-pick but im sure Bojan and Raul were the two surprises to actually not get picked for Spain...unless there has been an injury i havent heard of......but anyway he is awesome!!
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #25: May 22, 2008 11:20:08 pm
      Bojan didnt want to go, he said he was too tired to go to the competition
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #26: May 22, 2008 11:38:21 pm
      i totally agree with gerns,we shouldnt be buying any more 2-7 million pound players.maybe in defenders but a definate no no on attacking players.we dont need any more players in the pennant,riise,aurelio,voronin,dirk, bracket.
      id rather see us just buy one very good player rather than 4 ore 5 ordinary players!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #27: May 23, 2008 08:48:28 am
      Messi spurns Chelsea interest
      From correspondents in Madrid, Spain
      May 14, 2008 BARCELONA'S Argentina striker Lionel Messi, who has reportedly sparked interest from Barclay's Premier League side Chelsea, said he wanted to stay at the Spanish club.

"I am a Barcelona player and this is what matters most," he told radio La Red when asked about the press reports about Chelsea's desire to sign him.

"I have heard that Chelsea like me and I am very proud that such a great club are interested in me but I am happy here."

Messi, 20, the runner up for the 2007 World Player of the Year award, has already drawn comparisons to Diego Maradona, the inspiration behind Argentina reaching successive World Cup finals in 1986 and 1990.

He is under contract with Barcelona until 2014. Messi joined Barcelona's under-14 side in 2000 at the age of 13 and has quickly moved through the Catalan's side's youth squads until finally reaching the first team.

Oh No Messi  >:( At least he says he's not going to Chelsea  ;D
      But Seriously Henry anyone?
      And why not Deco? Apart from his age, he is talented and highly skilled player, maybe not physically enough though

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: May 23, 2008 08:51:21 am
      But Seriously Henry anyone?
      And why not Deco? Apart from his age, he is talented and highly skilled player, maybe not physically enough though

Henry, yes. Deco, no.

Henry is wasting away what he has left of his class at Barca and we will no doubt be a great club for him to finish his career.

Deco though, dont really need him and TBH i dont rate him too high.

Quick Reply