Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Andreas Dossena (Udinese)

Read 15493 times
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Andreas Dossena - Udinese
      Reply #23: May 20, 2008 11:14:06 pm
      Hopefully we'll get to see a bit of this guy this summer.

Nice to see Rafa is straight on strengthening our left back spot, as well as providing competition for Riise with Degen signing.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #24: May 21, 2008 08:36:43 am
      darth joe just cause he has linked to liverpool doesnt mean he is a good player if i asked you to draw up a list of 20 left backs you want to see at liverpool next season i bet there would have being no mention of dossena, abidal has had a tough season in spain but this is the man that keeps evra out of the french side and you can say dossena is better, how many times have you seen him play, lets see if he is in the italian squad for the euros, one cap means nothing look how many donkeys have being capped once by england eg michael ricketts, i bet if benitez had money there would not be a mention of this lad

Forgive me, I did sound a lil harsh and I wished I didn't expressed myself in that tone.

But I was rightly pissed, and I still am. This thing with give Rafa lots of money so he could go out on a spree and buy the biggest stars in the footballing world is just too much. We do not operate like Chelsea or Real Madrid, and that's a fact. They go about spending 30 million on a single player not just to make it "appear" strong in a starting 11 list, but also increase their marketing value and fan base. What Rafa is trying to achieve right now is strengthen an already strong squad with the necessary players. So you and I haven't seen much of Dossena you're saying he's no good and that you have seen Abidal more often for sure he'll be good for Liverpool, just because he has like 50 caps and plays with a bigger club? For all his quality, it never guarantees he'll do well here, whatever happened to Ciise and Morientes during their time here?

I was just being pissed at the fact that people look at the fact that "oh this guy played for France, his good, Rafa MUST get him" and "who is this guy, if we had money we won't have got him", so it would mean that we're not gonna do good without the money and Rafa is a poor manager. Maybe we should take the IRWT more seriously and trust him, after all he got us Skrtel, Agger, Arbeloa, and these guys turned out to be shrewd deals. They weren't that "world class" were they? LFC have so far thrived with the fact that the manager doesn't "buy" a squad, he buys the ingredients necessary to build a great squad, let's not turn it into a celebrity parade. Please, if the manager doesn't buy someone who's "world class" and instead opts for an unknown name, let's be reminded that he is the manager. 
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #25: May 21, 2008 12:52:59 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3591713,00.html

Udinese defender Andrea Dossena is close to agreeing a move to Liverpool, according to reports in Italy.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is on the lookout for a left-back to bolster his squad as it is expected John Arne Riise is set to leave Anfield this summer.

Tottenham are also chasing £9million-rated Dossena's signature and it is understood that the North London club had a bid rejected in the January transfer window.

However, it is rumoured that Udinese sporting director Pietro Leonardi recently flew to England to discuss a possible transfer with Liverpool.

The Reds, though, would face a battle to land 26-year-old Dossena as Serie A giants Juventus are also seeking close-season reinforcements.

Dossena, who has made one appearance for Italy, has played 63 games for Udinese since joining from Treviso in 2006 and he has scored two goals in that time.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #26: May 21, 2008 05:52:14 pm
      Why would Spurs and Juventus going after him?

Spurs already have Bale who is a very good player and Juventus have Giorgio Chiellini. Though I never watch much Serie A I asked around to people who do follow the league and said that this Andrea Dossena is a very good player and would be a upgrade over the likes of Riise and Aurelio which is good enough for me. I just hope he has a bit of pace on him because we really lack that in the full back position.
      « Last Edit: May 21, 2008 05:54:21 pm by adammac »
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #27: May 22, 2008 10:30:54 pm
       Here is a small video of  Dossena scoring for Udinese ..not much  but its the only clip i found
         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K94oTtwRZlI&feature=related
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #28: May 23, 2008 06:38:47 pm
      Dossena To Sign For Liverpool – Marino

Udinese coach Pasquale Marino has admitted that Andrea Dossena is on the verge of completing his move to Liverpool.

Dossena has had an excellent season for the Zebrette, playing 34 games, scoring two goals, and helping the club qualify for the UEFA Cup.

The left back has been heavily linked with a move to Liverpool for a while now, and earlier this week it was reported in the Italian press that a transfer was on the horizon.

Bianconeri boss Marino has now confirmed that these stories are true.

“I think that a deal with Liverpool for Dossena is on the way,” told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“Everything is going smoothly. The requirements are in place and the player has given his consent because he wants to test himself at an important club after the season he has had.

“Our director general was in England partly because of that just two days ago.”

Dossena, who has won one cap for Italy, was also said to be attracting the interest of Juventus, however the Old Lady were apparently unwilling to match Udinese's asking price.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #29: May 23, 2008 06:44:15 pm
      I can see good things for this guy and a cracking finish in that clip aswell, gets my vote already
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #30: May 23, 2008 09:33:33 pm
      i went on holiday to italy earlier in the year and i went to a Udinese match and he did look very impresive, from what i saw of him he will deffo be a big hit in the prem and would add a new dimension to the defence. im shocked that chelsea and united are not after him. £8mill could well be a bargain
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #31: May 23, 2008 10:32:53 pm
      I'm getting excited with the prospect of watching him in a Liverpool shirt. From what I've read in football forums, he is probably going to be a very good signing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #32: May 23, 2008 10:36:38 pm
      I'm getting excited with the prospect of watching him in a Liverpool shirt. From what I've read in football forums, he is probably going to be a very good signing.

Cant wait to see him in a red shirt
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #33: May 24, 2008 12:13:59 am

Just wait, we know how the Simao/Alves situation ended...
      JonBassett
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -4 
      Reply #34: May 24, 2008 01:41:41 am
      We could have got alves for 15m last season and now he's worth a sh*t load more, that was a bad move!

Dossena is a bit of an unknown but you gotta have faith in Rafa, dude's a mastermind :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #35: May 24, 2008 03:14:50 am
      I see he wears the number 8. Doubt he'll shift Stevie...
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #36: May 24, 2008 05:49:29 am
      I see he wears the number 8. Doubt he'll shift Stevie...

You never know... with the no. 7 available.. Stevie might want to add more realism to the comparison of Dalglish/Rushie and Torres/Stevie..   ;)
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #37: May 24, 2008 11:53:33 am
      Well looks like we've all but signed him now *fingers crossed*
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #38: May 24, 2008 12:50:11 pm
      Yeh looks like he'll soon be ours.

No source for this but apparently the Udinese coach said it's a done deal yesterday.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #39: May 24, 2008 12:51:44 pm

Stand up and take a bow... Richard Parry.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #40: May 24, 2008 01:36:02 pm
      Yeh looks like he'll soon be ours.

No source for this but apparently the Udinese coach said it's a done deal yesterday.

Yea it was sky sports, i read that there now
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41: May 24, 2008 03:11:33 pm

Dont remind me :(
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #42: May 24, 2008 06:54:41 pm
      He will be 27 in the new season, that is my only concern. Would have prefared it if we signed a fullback who was more like 24 years old.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #43: May 24, 2008 06:57:07 pm
      He will be 27 in the new season, that is my only concern. Would have prefared it if we signed a fullback who was more like 24 years old.

Quite a few Italians peak around late 20s early 30s mind. Could be the same?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #44: May 24, 2008 07:03:14 pm

Shouldn't be too bad though. Patrice Evra is 27 going on 28 and he's still a top quality fullback. Hopefully we'll see the best days on Dossena here is we do sign him.

Also Ashley Cole is 27
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #45: May 24, 2008 07:03:56 pm

Hopefully....Luca Toni only got his cap when he was around 27 I guess ...I hope Dossena has his golden years in England...stopping a certain gay waiter by the name of Cristiano Ronaldo..that is if that sissy CR doesn't go to Real!!

Quick Reply