Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Andreas Dossena (Udinese)

Read 15525 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Andreas Dossena - Udinese
      Reply #69: May 28, 2008 05:18:31 pm
      dossena is hardly a world class addition, he has played for lower league teams in italy and has 1 cap hardly exciting and he is 26, our transfer targets this summer so far have being shocking, you wouldn't think we are a top 4 side with the players being linked more like a bottom 4. the only player i was excited this summer we were linked with was modric and spurs blew us out of the water for that one, another 4th place beckons
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #70: May 29, 2008 07:51:52 am
      dossena is hardly a world class addition, he has played for lower league teams in italy and has 1 cap hardly exciting and he is 26, our transfer targets this summer so far have being shocking, you wouldn't think we are a top 4 side with the players being linked more like a bottom 4. the only player I was excited this summer we were linked with was modric and spurs blew us out of the water for that one, another 4th place beckons

Despite Dossena being chased by Juventus who they say is one of the best in the league. Being chased by Fiorentina who rate him very highly. Making the Italy team out of all the high quality players they could have chosen. Your right though, he is sh*t...  ::)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #71: May 29, 2008 04:58:15 pm
      i never said he was sh*t just because his agent says juventus and fiorentina means nothing, he has 1 cap for italy not 50 caps how many people have 1 cap for england come on you need a reality check if he is so good why will he be spending the summer in italy after seeing zambrotta against the scum in the semis i think he is long past his best and he still keeps dossena out of the team, wayne bridge has 30 caps for england, i think people are just getting carried away because this lad is italian
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #72: May 29, 2008 05:38:37 pm
      i never said he was sh*t just because his agent says juventus and fiorentina means nothing, he has 1 cap for italy not 50 caps how many people have 1 cap for england come on you need a reality check if he is so good why will he be spending the summer in italy after seeing zambrotta against the scum in the semis i think he is long past his best and he still keeps dossena out of the team, wayne bridge has 30 caps for england, i think people are just getting carried away because this lad is italian

Man, this must be the umpteenth time I'm replying to you! So apparently, you do not rate Bentley, Barry and Dossena, and you rather have Modric. You don't seem to trust Rafa's judgment eh? No one is getting carried away because he's Italian. Goodness me, even if Rafa was pursuing a Jamaican and he rates the lad highly, I'd be giving my support. I haven't seen Dossena play before to be honest, compared to Bentley and Barry, but surely I have never seen Agger, Skrtel and Aurelio play before but Rafa thinks they're something and he's not the worse judge isn't he? I can also safely say he's one of the best.   
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #73: May 29, 2008 11:09:25 pm
      Anyone know whats the latest on Dossena? Have we got him yet?
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #74: May 30, 2008 01:01:31 am
      Anyone know whats the latest on Dossena? Have we got him yet?

Not yet mate, looks like the teams won't come to an agreement!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #75: May 30, 2008 05:04:19 am
      I never said he was sh*t just because his agent says juventus and fiorentina means nothing, he has 1 cap for italy not 50 caps how many people have 1 cap for england come on you need a reality check if he is so good why will he be spending the summer in italy after seeing zambrotta against the scum in the semis I think he is long past his best and he still keeps dossena out of the team, wayne bridge has 30 caps for england, I think people are just getting carried away because this lad is italian

Italy are renouned for their defensive players, mate. To be acknowledged with a cap for Italy ahead of their countless other talented players means something significant here.

Zambrotta? Past it? No chance. If you saw the same game as anyone else, yes he made one mistake costing the goal but he kept Ronaldo in his pocket and with unquestionable ease! He is rated at 7 million and AC Milan consider that cheap even for a 30 yr old mate. Your the one needing a reality check here as you've clearly lost the F***ing plot.

As for Wayne Bridge's 30 caps, your point? You just seemed to throw in that point randomly. If you are implying that Bridge is better because he has 30 England caps ahead of 1 Italy cap, i once again say you've lost the plot.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #76: May 30, 2008 12:15:57 pm
      I wonder how many of you have actually seen him play I have he is decent going forward but that is all decent, again I think too many people are getting carried away because this lad is Italian. One international cap means nothing for any country, countries do try out players in friendlies I see he hasn't got a second cap that is very interesting, yeah Benitez has made some very good signings on a limited budget but he has also made quiet a few howlers, Nunez, Josemi, Kromkamp, Voronin etc. Look I'm a big fan of Benitez and thinks his targets would be a lot different if he had the budget of scum or chelsea but its not and again I say I've seen Dossena play and he is nowhere near the level of Evra, Clichy or Cole but then again that is just my opinion.
      « Last Edit: May 30, 2008 12:24:04 pm by EddieC, Reason: Some semblance of the English language restored »
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #77: May 30, 2008 12:26:34 pm
      How much did Nunez, Josemi, Kromkamp & Voronin cost Rafa though? Yes Rafa has made mistakes in the transfer market as every manager will, but he hasn't made any costly mistakes, the only players that haven't worked out have been the ones he's bought on the cheap.

I have mainly stayed out of this debate as I don't know a whole lot about the lad, but I am confident that if Rafa is willing to spend 8 mill on him then he will fit the bill.

On a side note, please try & make a bit more effort with your posts, i.e capital letters & full stops, I don't want to have to be editing them every time ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #78: May 30, 2008 01:52:39 pm
      How much did Nunez, Josemi, Kromkamp & Voronin cost Rafa though? Yes Rafa has made mistakes in the transfer market as every manager will, but he hasn't made any costly mistakes, the only players that haven't worked out have been the ones he's bought on the cheap.

Exactly mate. He's been given the money once and done the job with it, give him more and then we will see more success. When he spends big money, i have massive faith in him. He broke our record for a defender when signing Skrtel and look how bloody good he is, same with Agger and Arbeloa. Not only defenders but Pepe, Xabi, Masch, Babel, Torres and Crouch (not big money but was slated for paying too much).

Also, the finances he has recouped from those shocking players. When he bought the likes of Pellegrino, Nunez, Krompkamp and Josemi, he sold them right away and usually for a profit. Smart businessman.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #79: Jun 03, 2008 08:36:46 pm
      Exactly mate. He's been given the money once and done the job with it, give him more and then we will see more success. When he spends big money, I have massive faith in him. He broke our record for a defender when signing Skrtel and look how bloody good he is, same with Agger and Arbeloa. Not only defenders but Pepe, Xabi, Masch, Babel, Torres and Crouch (not big money but was slated for paying too much).

Also, the finances he has recouped from those shocking players. When he bought the likes of Pellegrino, Nunez, Krompkamp and Josemi, he sold them right away and usually for a profit. Smart businessman.

Pellegrino was probably the worse out of them, how many games did he play?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #80: Jun 03, 2008 08:46:57 pm
      Dossena's Liverpool switch close

It has not been made official yet, but Andrea Dossena can almost certainly be considered a Liverpool player according to his agent Federico Pastorello.

The 26-year-old full-back has been linked to the Reds for some time now and, despite a few hiccups in the negotiations with Udinese, he should be playing at Anfield next season.

“Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged all the documents via fax. The deal is practically done,” explained Pastorello.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez will pay around £7m, although the Friulani are yet to confirm the deal. Dossena is expected to undergo a medical at Liverpool on Wednesday afternoon.

Dossena has been outstanding this season, proving to be one of Serie A’s best full-backs. In his 35 appearances he managed to hit the back of the net twice while delivering plenty of assists for the Zebrette strikers.

However, the former Verona and Treviso player didn’t manage to persuade Italy boss Roberto Donadoni to take him to Euro 2008. This means that he will have more time to prepare for his new adventure on Merseyside.

The Friulani are now planning to find a valid replacement and Coach Pasquale Marino has already tipped Luca Antonini as the possible capture. Antonini is currently co-owned by Milan and Empoli, and would be delighted at the possibility of joining the Zebrette.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun3o.html

Hopefully this will be done by the end of the week and we can move on to our next target :D
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #81: Jun 03, 2008 08:59:05 pm
      Hopefully he will be on the tred mill tomorrow afternoon .
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #82: Jun 03, 2008 09:49:06 pm
      Sounds like our left and right back positions are sorted then. Just a couple of new wingers and we'll be done!  ;D I hope this is true because then we'll be able to see who our next major target is... I expect to see Riise signing for another club very soon too.
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #83: Jun 03, 2008 09:52:52 pm
      Never seen the lad play but i wont judge him till he puts the red shirt on.

Dont forget we hadnt even heard of Agger or Skrtel an im made up with them two so lets hope Raffa has played another sneaky one , he knows what hes doing hes seen him play an he is the boss
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #84: Jun 03, 2008 10:45:16 pm
      Excellent news, look forward to seeing this guy in action and with our full backs sorted we can focus on getting a top quality winger to play on the right.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #85: Jun 04, 2008 12:22:20 am
      Fantastic news, cant wait to see him in a red shirt, from what has been said he is exactly what we need in the wingback position. Wonder who our targets for the wing positions will be.
      Redbud
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #86: Jun 04, 2008 09:28:51 am
      Accordingly he is flying to liverpool for medical today so maybe we have signed are second player but need to sort wingers out and buy David villa who is up for about 17 million but arsenal and spurs being linked again not us as normall
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #87: Jun 04, 2008 09:51:14 am
      Accordingly he is flying to liverpool for medical today so maybe we have signed are second player but need to sort wingers out and buy David villa who is up for about 17 million but arsenal and spurs being linked again not us as normall

Surly rafa see's that 17mill is too good not to bid for a player like villa. But i think the main man in this deal will be nando. If he and villa have a succesful Euro 08 then thats going to make the lad come even more as he knows he wont have to form a new strike partnership with some depressed bulgarian or an ego crazed dutch man
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #88: Jun 04, 2008 10:37:18 am
      Has there been any other italians at anfield before this guy?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #89: Jun 04, 2008 10:39:26 am
      yes 06-07, young keeper Padelli.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #90: Jun 04, 2008 10:41:41 am

None I can remember but I'm only 24 so I may have missed a few.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #91: Jun 04, 2008 10:42:45 am
      None I can remember but I'm only 24 so I may have missed a few.
      Only one on loan young keeper padelli at season 06-07.

Quick Reply