Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Andreas Dossena (Udinese)

Read 15486 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Andreas Dossena - Udinese
      Reply #92: Jun 04, 2008 10:45:41 am
      I think Capello has been to watch Gerrard and Crouch though.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #93: Jun 04, 2008 10:47:21 am
      Only one on loan young keeper padelli at season 06-07.

Oh yeah the keeper I forgot about him! cheers clint.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #94: Jun 04, 2008 10:51:43 am
      Whats the latest on this lad, last time I heard we were trying to get the price down to 6m?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #95: Jun 04, 2008 11:59:25 am
      Dossena's Liverpool switch close

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun3o.html

Hopefully this will be done by the end of the week and we can move on to our next target :D

That's the latest, from yesterday. Looks like it's all close, and seeing as he's not going to Euro 2008 the deal should be concluded very soon.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #96: Jun 04, 2008 01:16:41 pm
      One thing i've read today that made me happy and showed his commitment and dedication to joining is that he is getting married soon and yet he still took time out of his wedding preperations to come to liverpool today and undergo a medical to finally tie up a deal. I think thats great of him to do, you see other players not signing for teams because they want to wait till euro 2008 is done and this man is willing to put something as big as wedding preperations on hold to come and complete a move.
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #97: Jun 04, 2008 01:21:47 pm
      Liverpool are on the brink of completing the £7m signing of Udinese's Italian full-back Andrea Dossena. The 26-year-old is reported to be in Liverpool having a medical. (Press Association, 1249 BST)

This is off the BBC Sport website rumours section, anyone seen him around ;D.

£7m would be a decent price compared with the £10m he was said to be coming for.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #98: Jun 04, 2008 02:03:05 pm
      Liverpool are on the brink of completing the £7m signing of Udinese's Italian full-back Andrea Dossena. The 26-year-old is reported to be in Liverpool having a medical. (Press Association, 1249 BST)

This is off the BBC Sport website rumours section, anyone seen him around ;D.

£7m would be a decent price compared with the £10m he was said to be coming for.
      On skysports now aswell mate, can't post the link as I'm in a rush, just click on Liverpool on skysports.com. Sorry I can't post it mods.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #99: Jun 04, 2008 02:07:50 pm
      On skysports now aswell mate, can't post the link as I'm in a rush, just click on Liverpool on skysports.com. Sorry I can't post it mods.

No probs mate.  I'll post it.

Anyone live by Melwood?  Possibly right outside?  ;)

£7 million?  I thought we were quoted £8 million!  Nothing better than money saved.  ::)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #100: Jun 04, 2008 02:12:44 pm
      LINK

Quote from: Sky Sports
      Dossena close to Reds switch
      Italian defender could be a Liverpool player by the weekend

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Italian full-back Andrea Dossena from Udinese.

The defender is expected to undergo a medical at Anfield on Wednesday, with the Reds keen to push through a £7million deal.

The 26-year-old is due to get married this weekend and Rafa Bentiez wants the final details completed before then.

Udinese were hoping to hold out for £8million for the player, but a compromise between the two clubs has now been reached.

Dossena will become Liverpool's second capture of the summer, joining fellow full-back Philip Degen in completing a move to Merseyside.

The Italian's agent confirmed that the formalities of the transfer were almost complete and expects the deal to go through without any problems.

"Everything is confirmed and we have already exchanged documents via fax," said Federico Pastorello.

"The deal is practically done."

Dossena's arrival is likely to push John Arne Riise closer to the Anfield exit, with Serie A giants Roma emerging as favourites to capture the Norwegian international.

The revolving door at Liverpool shows no sign abating, with Bentiez also believed to be ready to step up his efforts to lure Gareth Barry away from Aston Villa.

Peter Crouch could be used as a makeweight in that deal, although the England international is also attracting interest from Portsmouth.

Meanwhile, Cardiff youngster Aaron Ramsey is another potential arrival, although the Reds face stiff competition for the teenager's signature from Premier League rivals Arsenal, Manchester United and Everton.

Bit of extra transfer news in bold & italics there!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #101: Jun 04, 2008 06:46:04 pm
      have to say like the degen transfer not that excited about this transfer but hope the lad is a success a big gamble from benitez our record signing for a defender, he is a 26 year old defender who has never played for a top club i wonder how many lads would have picked these 2 full backs as our signings at the end of the season, think we will still come short next season, see roma looking for riise suprised they didnt seem to have any interest in dossena if he was that good
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #102: Jun 05, 2008 12:24:21 am
      From talkaloadofbull.com so not the best source buttttt i hope its true,

Report: Liverpool's Dossena Deal Complete?
      Udinese's Andrea Dossena has reportedly passed a medical with Liverpool and the £7 million signing is set to be announced before the end of the week...
      »Comments (3) Print This Story Send To A Friend Contact Us  galleria zoom    The left-back has been linked with a switch to Liverpool for the past couple of months and it now looks as if Rafael Benitez has got his man.

Promising swift action in the transfer market, the Spaniard has delivered, having already secured the signing of full-back Philipp Degen on a free from Borussia Dortmund and now Dossena.

With his defensive flanks now shored up, fans will be hopeful that the boss will spent some bigger money on forward-thinking players - particularly wingers, or perhaps a top class partner for Fernando Torres - but whether Benitez will be afforded the finances in light of the club's ongoing financial problems remains to be seen.

The Dossena deal was all but agreed yesterday, when the Italian club dropped their asking price by £1 million to the now agreed fee of £7m and the 26-year-old, who has been capped by his country, is expected to slot in as first choice left-back ahead of Fabio Aurelio, and with John Arne Riise almost certain to depart the club this summer.

Dossena was said to be particularly eager to finalise the deal during the week as he is getting married this weekend.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #103: Jun 05, 2008 08:35:39 am
      Newspaper reports are saying he will be unveiled today

Quote from: BBC
      Liverpool will unveil £7m-rated left-back Andrea Dossena as their second summer signing on Thursday. (Various)

I don't think we need another LB as Aurellio was supposed to be Riises' replacement.
      « Last Edit: Jun 05, 2008 08:37:40 am by AJ »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #104: Jun 05, 2008 03:20:02 pm
      Taking pretty long im just trying not to concentrate on hit till he is unveiled as a red.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #105: Jun 05, 2008 11:31:25 pm
      Taking pretty long im just trying not to concentrate on hit till he is unveiled as a red.

Don't think you'll have to long to wait now lil cisse.......watch this space ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #106: Jun 05, 2008 11:58:17 pm
      Don't think you'll have to long to wait now lil cisse.......watch this space ;)

Hope your right MsGerrard
      MsGerrard
      Reply #107: Jun 06, 2008 12:01:10 am

Trust me on this one, I've had it from a good source  ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #108: Jun 06, 2008 12:18:38 am

Sounds good. Cant wait to see what Dossena can do.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #109: Jun 06, 2008 03:44:10 am

Come on then, spill.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #110: Jun 06, 2008 08:06:50 am
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2008/06/06/liverpool-sign-italian-defender-andrea-dossena-89520-20596844/

Liverpool sign Italian defender Andrea Dossena

6/06/2008

Rafa Benitez will be able to concentrate on giving his Liverpool side width after finally securing the services of Italian defender Andrea Dossena.
      The left-back completed a medical on Wednesday, and will conclude his £7million move from Udinese once the results are finalised.

Anfield boss Benitez has also agreed a fee for Switzerland right-back Philipp Degen and can now focus on the flanks.
      He wants a left-winger and right-winger, and one target is Albert Riera, who yesterday demanded a move from Espanyol.

Benitez has been eyeing James Milner for the left flank, and will hope to complete a £10million deal for either man in the next few days.
      His major target though, alongside Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry, is right-sided midfielder Daniel Alves, who has attracted major attention at Sevilla.

The stumbling block is a £20m asking price for the Brazilian he has chased for more than a year. That may be beyond Liverpool unless Benitez can ship out at least six players surplus to requirements.

Riera remains the man most likely to next arrive at Anfield, and yesterday the Spain international revealed Liverpool was his chosen destination.
      "I want to leave Espanyol, but I do not know if I will go to Liverpool or any other team," he said.

"It would be best for everyone concerned because I know my transfer would clearly be beneficial."

Benitez now seems unlikely to follow up his initial interest in Cardiff teenager Aaron Ramsey, who is the subject of a £5m bid from Manchester United, Arsenal and Everton.

Benitez offered youngsters Paul Anderson and Adam Hamill in part-exchange for the 17-year-old, but feels the £5m would be better spent on players who can go straight into the first team.  ;D
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________________

We have finally secured the signature of Dosenna. Time for a Dosenna player tread.

Next up Reira & Daniel Alves
      « Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008 08:14:43 am by solodee »
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #111: Jun 06, 2008 08:17:05 am
      Good, now that that is sorted, Rafa can concentrate on attacking players. I would like Riera or Barry on the left, but if we are held at ransom by Barry then stuff him and go for Riera.
      For the right side I want to see Quaresma, but if he signs somewhere else I would be dissapointed, and we would have to look for Bentley.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #112: Jun 06, 2008 12:08:56 pm
      More of the same from SkySports.com, but in a bit more depth so I thought I'd add it anyway.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3656484,00.html

Dossena delight at Reds deal
      Full-back ready for Anfield switch

Andrea Dossena is delighted to become the first Italian international to play for Liverpool

The Udinese left-back will complete his move to Anfield in the coming days after undergoing a medical on Merseyside earlier this week.

Speaking exclusively to skysports.com, Dossena's agent Federico Pastorello revealed his client's delight at signing for Liverpool.

"I understand he is the first Italian international to play for Liverpool - a great opportunity for him and he is really happy," Pastorello revealed.

Dossena is expected to finalise his transfer in the next 48 hours before being unveiled by The Reds next week in a deal believed to be worth around £7million.

"He had his medical on Wednesday and we are just awaiting the formalities of that but we would think everything will be signed very shortly," he continued.

"An agreement between the clubs was hard, but we all found it and everything is now ready."

The 26-year-old had a tremendous campaign with Udinese, which included his debut for Italy, and Pastorello admits Liverpool beat a number of clubs to seal his signature.

"There were many teams interested in him," he confirmed.

"He was the best left-back in Italy last year, arguably along with the boy [Juan]Vargas at Catania.

"So it was natural that there will be interest in the best left-back in Serie A, but to have the chance to work with a coach like Rafa Benitez was something he could not turn down.

"That was an important aspect of his decision and he cannot wait to get started."

Redbud
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #113: Jun 06, 2008 12:12:20 pm
      I just wish this signing of Dossena was made public as he medical on wednesday you would have thought that he would have been unveiled with Rafa as are second signing so we can move on, Quaresma also sounds like a good signing for us we really need to move quicker on these players not hang about. ;D

YNWA
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #114: Jun 06, 2008 12:15:48 pm
      I just wish this signing of Dossena was made public as he medical on wednesday you would have thought that he would have been unveiled with Rafa as are second signing so we can move on, Quaresma also sounds like a good signing for us we really need to move quicker on these players not hang about. ;D

YNWA

Sounds like we're just waiting for all the formalities surrounding his medical to be sorted out before putting pen to paper. I guess you can never be too careful! :D

Quick Reply