Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Sergio Garcia (Real Zaragoza)

Read 3103 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Sergio Garcia (Real Zaragoza)
      May 23, 2008 03:15:47 pm
      The 24-year-old has established himself as one of La Liga’s most promising attackers over the past few seasons, earning interest from several clubs across Europe.

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos is known to be a keen admirer of the former Barcelona trainee, and has long been linked with a move for the former Barcelona trainee.

But according to AS, the Reds are preparing to swoop for the ex-Levante striker, who was recently called up to Luis Aragones’ Spain squad for EURO 2008.

Rafa Benitez will be looking to strengthen his attacking options for next season, as Peter Crouch and Andriy Voronin are near-certainties to leave Anfield this summer.

Zaragoza’s relegation means Garcia will almost definitely be moving on, and although his contract contains a release clause of around ₤12 million, compatriots Ramos and Benitez could be forced into a bidding war for their fellow Spaniard.

With the Blanquillos preparing for a mass exodus, Benitez may be doing quite a portion of his shopping at La Romareda during the off-season.

Argentine attackers Diego Milito, Andres d’Alessandro and Pablo Aimar could well find their way onto Rafa’s wish-list, and the latter could be keen to link up with the man who coached him to two La Liga titles with Valencia.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=707317

I dunno him that well, only watched him play a few times but he should be a upgrade from Voronin.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Sergio Garcia (Real Zaragoza)
      Reply #1: May 23, 2008 03:29:58 pm
      PLEASE!!!!

I love him. I mentioned him in the alencia/Zaragoza thread. On the cheap, great back up for Nando and i'm a great admirer of him. He and D'Alessandro would be great signings IMO and both pretty young.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: May 23, 2008 03:32:48 pm
      Now this player is decent. Even though Zaragoza have been relegated due to having no midfield to link with defense and attack, they have decent players. Sergio Garcia is one who looks lively with a good technique and has been one of Zaragoza's better performers. Will cost not too much as they got relegated but he is in the Spain squad for Euro 2008
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3: May 23, 2008 03:36:45 pm
      Now this player is decent. Even though Zaragoza have been relegated due to having no midfield to link with defense and attack, they have decent players. Sergio Garcia is one who looks lively with a good technique and has been one of Zaragoza's better performers. Will cost not too much as they got relegated but he is in the Spain squad for Euro 2008

7 million i say and he's ours. Unless the Spurs get involved then maybe 12 at most which is still very much worth it as he wouldnt lose value if he was a bad signing because with most Spaniards you recoup what you pay for by selling them back to their nation.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: May 23, 2008 04:17:29 pm
      £12million for a golfer?

;)
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #5: May 23, 2008 06:24:26 pm

Yeah, he'll need two pairs of boots, in case he gets a hole in one!

Oh jesus I'll let myself out.....

:D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: May 23, 2008 06:47:10 pm
      Yeah, he'll need two pairs of boots, in case he gets a hole in one!

Oh jesus I'll let myself out.....

:D

HEHE my sence of humor is as such that i've been laughing at this for a solid 10mins :lmao: absolutly brilliant, permission to spread this joke please ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #7: May 24, 2008 03:01:35 am
      HEHE my sence of humor is as such that I've been laughing at this for a solid 10mins :lmao: absolutly brilliant, permission to spread this joke please ;)

Go for it at your own peril mate :D :D
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #8: May 24, 2008 11:35:40 am
      Go for it at your own peril mate :D :D

Haha, yeah, it's not the wittiest.

Anyway talking about Garcia (the footballer.... :)), he's well worth a punt considering he should have a knock down price and he's still young-ish. When it says attacker does it mean striker or more like a winger? I like the links with Aimar as well, as I think he'd prove a quality signing, playing in Kuyt's current position, linking up with Fernando and Gerrard in the middle. Not a bad combo.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9: May 24, 2008 11:37:40 am
      When it says attacker does it mean striker or more like a winger?

He's a striker mate.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #10: May 24, 2008 11:51:58 am
      Anyone know what sort of pace he has, if he's going to play in kuyts position he will need some sort of pace
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #11: Jun 06, 2008 12:16:04 am
      Tottenham are lining up a £14million bid apparently, really do hope he doesnt go there. Im starting to dislike tottenham, going for every single person in sight.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #12: Jun 06, 2008 12:55:16 pm
      Spurs are getting stronger under their new coach. 
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #13: Jun 06, 2008 09:26:54 pm
      a class player would be a welcome addition but we will prob be outbid by spurs
      Babelinhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 07, 2008 10:30:01 am

They were relegated because of an extremly sh*t defence, their midfield is actually not that bad, Zapater would be a good buy as would Milito of Garcia, if Aimar is reportedly going for 6.5m then we could take a punt at 4m to 5m for a quality squad player.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      We Wanted Sergio Garcia
      Reply #15: Sep 03, 2008 12:09:51 am
      Appearntly, We wanted him and Betis got him ???

Real Betis fought off interest from the likes of Tottenham, Liverpool and West Ham to sign Real Zaragoza forward Sergio Garcia on deadline day.

You and four of your team mates could be heading on a once in a lifetime trip to California where you'll study Sexy Football with the Dutch master himself, Ruud Gullit.

Garcia, who was a member of Spain's successful Euro 2008 squad this summer, had been linked to a number of clubs following Zaragoza's relegation but it is Betis who have won the race for his signature.

The 25-year-old started his career with Barcelona but, despite a prolific record as a youth, made only a handful of appearances for the Catalan giants before kick-starting his career at Levante, with whom he played one season before joining Zaragoza in 2005.

Betis made clear their intentions to sign the 10million euro-rated Garcia on Saturday night, with club supremo Manuel Ruiz de Lopera assuring: "The signing of Sergio Garcia will not be dependant on the sale of any player."

Segunda Division side Zaragoza confirmed the deal in a statement on their website, along with the signing of two players and the departures of three others.

"Real Zaragoza have paid the buy-out clause of Racing Santander player Jorge Lopez and have signed the goalkeeper Toni Doblas on a free," the statement read.

"Also, Real Zaragoza have transferred Diego Milito to Genoa, Sergio Garcia to Betis, Adrian Ripa to Huesca and Peter Luccin to Racing Santander, after reaching satisfactory agreements for all parties."

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1776_4085238,00.html
      « Last Edit: Sep 03, 2008 12:57:38 am by JD »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: We Wanted Sergio Garcia
      Reply #16: Sep 03, 2008 12:45:15 am
      We also wanted the likes of David Villa. Bit of a pointless topic IMO, there is already a topic on his transfer speculation etc.

We got what we needed anyway and that was a left winger. (mind you i would have prefered Silva than Riera but im sure Riera will be good)

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,7942.0.html
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Re: We Wanted Sergio Garcia
      Reply #17: Sep 03, 2008 12:58:00 am
      Shouldn't he be on the golf course anyway.

Topics merged.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Sep 03, 2008 06:35:40 am
      I like Sergio, i think he's a class act. I was a backer to get him here early in the transfer season and think he would have been a much better versatile player than Kuyt or Keane. Plays right or left wing or a very very handy striker.

10 million euro's is a steal IMO, surprised they didnt sign him upto a better contract before selling him to make a buck. Zaragoza on the slide now, they have lost most of their stars which is disappointing for them. Hope they come back into La Liga soon.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #19: Sep 03, 2008 01:30:17 pm
      Well he would've been better than Kuyt ::)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #20: Sep 03, 2008 03:58:59 pm
      Smokes a good cigar too!!!

Quick Reply