Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Giovanni Dos Santos ( FC Barcelona)£7M

Read 7825 times
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 118 posts | -4 
      Giovanni Dos Santos ( FC Barcelona)£7M
      May 28, 2008 08:43:13 am
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1022058/Spurs-discuss-7m-Barcelona-striker-Dos-Santos.html

Spurs discuss £7m move for Barcelona striker Dos Santos
      By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 10:26 PM on 26th May 2008
      Comments (0)  Add to My Stories

Spurs target: Dos Santos scored a hat-trick in his last Barca game
      Tottenham are in pole position to sign Barcelona's Giovani dos Santos after discussing a £7million deal.

The 19-year-old midfielder, son of former Brazil international Zizinho, has been interesting Manchester City and Chelsea but his preference is to join Tottenham manager Juande Ramos.
      Giovani has endured a rough ride in Spain where he has failed to win over the crowd fully despite some outstanding performances. He scored a hat-trick against Real Murcia during the last game of the season earlier this month - and he has staunch supporters within the game.
      One is former Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard, currently linked with the vacant Chelsea job, who told the teenager he would take him to his next club.
      Ramos sees the slightly-built Mexico international as a player who can develop and provide the ammunition for his strike force as he continues to rebuild for next season.
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _______________________

This lad is potentially the next Ronaldinho, he is still very young and raw but so was that horible portugese diver when u****d invested. We have got to be challenging Spurs for this lad £7M is not even a gamble as far as im concerned. Giovanni can play on both the left and right! Surely we have got to be interested? I remember Thierry Henry talking about Giovanni and Bojan when he first went to Barca and he was amazed at the talent of them both.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2008 09:10:34 am by kennys88lads »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Giovanni Dos Santos £7M
      Reply #1: May 28, 2008 08:56:47 am
      I wont be surprised we dont go for him but he is amazing. Why he is being let go surprises me TBH. Still 19, probably the only one IMO who is better than Anderson for his age. Tremendous potential and as you say kenny, not even a gamble.
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 118 posts | -4 
      Re: Giovanni Dos Santos ( FC Barcelona)£7M
      Reply #2: May 28, 2008 09:01:49 am
      I wont be surprised we dont go for him but he is amazing. Why he is being let go surprises me TBH. Still 19, probably the only one IMO who is better than Anderson for his age. Tremendous potential and as you say kenny, not even a gamble.

Potentially this lad could be worth 4 or 5 times the outlay in 3 or  4 years, surely we have got to be having a look at this lad. I for one would be very excited at the prospect of him joining the ranks, I feel he has the flair and creativity that would make a massive difference to us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3: May 28, 2008 09:04:35 am
      I say maybe the new Ronaldo even. He could be quite an asset both on the field and off it.
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #4: May 28, 2008 09:08:10 am
      I say maybe the new Ronaldo even. He could be quite an asset both on the field and off it.

Absolutely Crouchinho I will be gutted if he ends up at Spurs!
      AggerDoo
      Reply #5: May 28, 2008 10:49:12 am
      And he can fill any roles along the top line. And his hattrick at end of the season was high quality.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #6: May 28, 2008 12:00:10 pm
      Read this in the paper this morning. The price was being touted more toward 9m, but still I'd really hope we'd be challenging feckin Spurs for this guy. He's one of the most promising talents in football these days and he's going for under 10million? We'd be able to sell him in about 2 or 3 season for something like triple that...

Annoying, but I could just about understand Rafa not going for him. He can't buy all the players he wants and perhaps with limited funds we just can't afford to spend 10million on every quality player going in the summer...
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: May 28, 2008 01:38:44 pm
      This lad is pure class, if he is really going for anywhere near that price then we should definitely throw in an offer.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #8: May 28, 2008 01:44:56 pm
      The thing that worries me is that Rafa's on the quiet about players like this, this summer.

Why in the world he would join Spurs is beyond me.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #9: May 28, 2008 02:00:47 pm
      Maybe Rafa keeping schtum is a good sign or maybe its just wishful thinking on my behalf!! I'd love to see Dos Santos at Liverpool next year and as a lot of people here are sayin he'd be a snip at that price think this lad is gonna be truely world class in a few years
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #10: May 28, 2008 02:02:18 pm
      The thing that worries me is that Rafa's on the quiet about players like this, this summer.

[/quot

Exactly my point, it looks like Ramos is having a big influence over him but if Rafa can get him up to anfiled and sell him the club surely we have more to offer than Spurs ever will! Anywhere between 7 and 10 Million is not even a risk for me. I am amazed Barca are cashing in so early.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: May 28, 2008 02:21:55 pm
      I am amazed Barca are cashing in so early.

And so cheap.
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #12: May 28, 2008 02:25:50 pm
      Redbud
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #13: May 28, 2008 04:10:05 pm
      I just wish we would buy are look interested in the market at the minute, Dos Santos would be a class signing at that money with are young talented squad, and he does play at barca so he should experience at top level
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #14: May 28, 2008 04:13:34 pm
      Dos Santos will won't last in the Premiership, he is very tiny in stature and as a typical Mexican player he will get frustrated with people kicking the sh*t out of him all the time. Also has a very poor attitude and that was seen at Barca where he thought he was a big player despite not doing enough to warrant the credit he felt he deserves.

It would be a better move for him to go to Italy where his style of play fits in well.
      lfcreds27
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 138 posts | -5 
      Reply #15: May 28, 2008 04:58:48 pm
      Dos Santos will won't last in the Premiership, he is very tiny in stature and as a typical Mexican player he will get frustrated with people kicking the sh*t out of him all the time. Also has a very poor attitude and that was seen at Barca where he thought he was a big player despite not doing enough to warrant the credit he felt he deserves.

It would be a better move for him to go to Italy where his style of play fits in well.

I've watched a few Barca games and he does seem to go to ground rather easily, good player with lots of potential, just don't become a Robben and force the opposition to kick lumps out of you.

Where would he get in the Spurs side, unless he's a replacement for Berbatov it's unlikely he'll get in to a pretty settled and effective midfield.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #16: May 28, 2008 05:44:04 pm
      I dunno why they are buying (or going to) buy attacking players when their CM's are just terrible and the main reason they give up a lot of goals.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #17: May 28, 2008 06:47:26 pm
      He is a good winger BUT he is vastly overrated. For his age a good player with potential but alot of people havent even seen him play often and claim he is amazing. I would take him in a heartbeat as i think his potential could be used effectively at liverpool and he could develop into a phenominal player but if you want to talk about young talent from barcelona bojan is head and shoulder above gio and 2 years his junior.

Both fantastic players and i would definately take gio but im not even going into it, i know we wont bother even trying. Pretty stupid of us not to if you ask me, for that money we could have a great wing player who can also fill in upfront and would prove value for money as he's only 19 years old. We need wingers, wheres the logic in not even making a bid for him. Its like we've kind of given up on signings
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #18: May 28, 2008 09:11:25 pm
      Rafa bring this lad to anfield!!!
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #19: May 28, 2008 11:05:02 pm
      We have to get in on the action here. I have seen him a few times and he looks sharp. If he is going for that money we have to show an interest. Come on rafa...Buy the lad.
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #20: May 30, 2008 03:42:17 pm
      I am very intrigued as to why he is so cheap.  Maybe even an investment (if theres such a thing in football)...  Would love to see this whipper snapper sign!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #21: May 30, 2008 05:00:55 pm
      I am very intrigued as to why he is so cheap.  Maybe even an investment (if theres such a thing in football)...  Would love to see this whipper snapper sign!

For all we know Barca might want intallments or something, maybe £5mill after a certain amount of appearances or something
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: May 30, 2008 06:32:01 pm
      What worries me is that Barca are willing to sell.  As little as £7m.

Does that not alarm anyone?  If he is definitely the next Ronaldinho wouldn't they at least bump that price up by nearly double?

For all we know Barca might want intallments or something, maybe £5mill after a certain amount of appearances or something

That's an interesting point.  They'll probably shake every penny out of Spurs with clauses such as:

- Appearances (as mentioned)
      - 25 - 50% Sell on fee
      - International Appearances
      - Monthly Installments

I'm sure there are more that they could chuck in.  But they're thick as pig sh*t these teams.

Quick Reply