Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Giovanni Dos Santos ( FC Barcelona)£7M

Read 7825 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Giovanni Dos Santos ( FC Barcelona)£7M
      Reply #23: May 31, 2008 03:57:45 pm
      £7million.... i'll fork out some cash for him if we dont bid. Id make a fortune if we sold him in a year, guarenteed
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Jun 01, 2008 05:48:16 pm
      Giovani Dos Santos is on the verge of completing a move from Barcelona to Tottenham Hotspur after a basic agreement was reached between all three parties.

The 19-year-old Mexico international could join the Premier League side as early as Monday according to Sport after Barca accepted an 8million euros (£6.2million) bid.

That fee may rise to 11million euros (£8.6million) depending on both Dos Santos and Tottenham meeting specified targets during his four-year stay at White Hart Lane.

Deal close

Dos Santos's father, Zizinho, admitted that his son is proud and excited by the thought of moving to such a prestigious club as he told Mexican daily paper, Record, that a deal was in the offing.

"Nothing has been finalised," he said. "But it is an honour that a club as important as Tottenham want to sign Giovani, but nothing can be said officially yet.

"The ambitious project that Tottenham have has excited Giovani and he just wants to go there and help the team in any way he can.

"It is obvious that leaving Barcelona is a risky decision, but with his qualities it appears that it could be the best option for him."

Spurs boss Juande Ramos was keen to land the starlet because he strongly believes that his pace, ability to break into the area and shooting ability make him perfect for the English game.

Although a deal has not been finalised, Dos Santos' agent, Pini Zahavi, and Barca's sporting vice-president, Marc Ingla, believe that there will be few problems in reaching an agreement.

Throughout the negotiations, Dos Santos - who is also wanted by Manchester City - has been undergoing treatment to recover from a an operation that he had on his ankle in the middle of May and is set to keep him out of action for another four weeks.

Come on Rafa, instead of offering 12million for Barry offer 7million for this kid, he is a much better prospect and a hell of alot younger. Dont let a crappy team like Spurs get him
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #25: Jun 02, 2008 08:02:35 am
      I remember back in the last summer transfer thread I suggested we should buy Dos Santos, now he is "available" Rafa should definitley put in an offer for him at least. If we dont look like we've even tried going for Silva, Villa or Dos Santos at all then I'll be very disappointated.

Well he's not quite worth £15mil is he Ra Ra Rafa? ;) 
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #26: Jun 02, 2008 02:17:54 pm
      I think spurs will get him unfortuantly... boy im sure sick of saying that wish i could say, i think we'll get him for once
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,130 posts | 456 
      Reply #27: Jun 02, 2008 04:36:01 pm
      I think spurs will get him unfortuantly... boy im sure sick of saying that wish I could say, I think we'll get him for once

I understand your frustration especially when its clubs like Spurs!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #28: Jun 02, 2008 06:18:31 pm
      I understand your frustration especially when its clubs like Spurs!
      I think clubs like spurs are soon going to be on par with us, And we could find ourselves in a three to four horse race for 4th spot.
      Come on D.I.C where the F**k are you.......
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #29: Jun 02, 2008 06:42:00 pm
      I think clubs like spurs are soon going to be on par with us, And we could find ourselves in a three to four horse race for 4th spot.

People say that every season with Spurs and they will flop again like they did last few years because they don't address their main issues but buy attacking players. They can blow as much money as they can on attacking players but the center of the park is crap with the likes of Huddlestone/Jean/Zokara. They won't do anything unless they buy a half decent CM.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #30: Jun 03, 2008 01:37:03 am
      That is why they got Modric this year.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #31: Jun 03, 2008 03:22:17 pm
      From what I understand he plays the left side or right behind the striker, more of a attacking mid than a CM. Still leaves a hugh gap in the middle of the park which unless they get some help will get over-run.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Jun 03, 2008 03:35:53 pm
      You have understood wrong then my friend.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #33: Jun 06, 2008 02:00:52 pm
      Definitely signed for totty... Fookin cheers!!
      Young, Cheap-ish and quality.. Didn't even get a look in FFS!!..

In a former discussion about Barry and Bentley i was accused of being the kinda fan who focuses on good looks and stepovers from foreign players opposed to the tried and tested British players but my question is this... Whats wrong with a little flare and ability to beat players?.. We have so many no nonsense players throughout the squad i feel we could do with another Lil Lou or two.
      We need quality wingers and i think Dos Santos is definitely that..
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #34: Jun 06, 2008 02:08:12 pm
      You have to ask though, why are Barca selling him for that price? There's gotta be something we don't know about cos everything I've seen of him suggests he is worth a lot more than that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #35: Jun 06, 2008 02:15:51 pm
      Freddy Adu was also said to be the New Pelé and i doubt many people here would want him at Liverpool... Dos Santos is said to be a good prospect but he never impressed that much yet, and I wonder if most people here have actually seen him playing enough! cause if Barça is selling him for that price, there must be some reason
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #36: Jun 06, 2008 03:05:13 pm
      You have to ask though, why are Barca selling him for that price? There's gotta be something we don't know about cos everything I've seen of him suggests he is worth a lot more than that.

I'm a bit supspect about that too bruv... I just thought it was the "Hercule Poirot" in me...

But what do you guys think about the flare aspect to our team? do we need more or do we have enough?
      How many players have the Luis Garcia ability to do something magical in our current squad?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #37: Jun 06, 2008 04:15:08 pm
      Barcelona have confirmed that Giovani Dos Santos has signed for Tottenham.

The 19-year-old Mexican international has signed a five-year deal at White Hart Lane and will officially move to White Hart Lane on 1st July.

Spurs will pay an initial 6million euros (£4.7million) for Giovani with the fee possibly rising by another £3.9million depending on appearances.

Barca will retain 20 per cent of the financial rights to any possible transfer of the player during his first two years in North London and ten per cent thereafter.

Giovani, son of former Brazilian international Zizinho, came through the youth ranks at Camp Nou and he has Spanish citizenship so does not require a work-permit to play in England.

The player is currently sidelined after being operated on for a floating bone in his left ankle on May 19th, but is expected to recover within a month.

Tottenham held off stern interest from a number of clubs, including Premier League rivals Manchester City, to seal Giovani's signature
      ________________________ _____

Well thats the end of that then :(
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #38: Jun 06, 2008 06:15:24 pm
      4 .7million apparently is the price they paid for him. Shocking
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Jun 06, 2008 06:33:30 pm
      We have missed out on a real gem of a player there
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan
      • Started Topic

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #40: Jun 06, 2008 08:39:21 pm
      Well mark my words this lad will be "Buy of the Season" So cheap its unreal, we have well missed out here Gutted!! I think we could have nabbed this lad with the lure of Champions League football, Possibly the famous number 7 ? Shame!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #41: Jun 06, 2008 09:17:21 pm
      the deal isnt as simple as money up front but still a steal he won under world player of the year 2 years ago beating scums andersson to it barc got rid of him because they have bojan and messi, we are looking to spend 15 million on david bentley for god sake this lad would be a steal spurs, i would swop dossena and barry any day for spurs two signing modric and di santos, they are what we needed
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Jun 07, 2008 04:06:15 am
      I suggest something is wrong with him. For Barca to be adding those clauses just seems iffy to me. I mean 20% in the first 2 years if he is sold...surely that means something ??? And to be let go for 4.7 million initially, hmmm...
      Babelinhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 07, 2008 10:19:06 am
      He is a good winger BUT he is vastly overrated. For his age a good player with potential but alot of people havent even seen him play often and claim he is amazing. I would take him in a heartbeat as I think his potential could be used effectively at liverpool and he could develop into a phenominal player but if you want to talk about young talent from barcelona bojan is head and shoulder above gio and 2 years his junior.

Both fantastic players and I would definately take gio but im not even going into it, I know we wont bother even trying. Pretty stupid of us not to if you ask me, for that money we could have a great wing player who can also fill in upfront and would prove value for money as he's only 19 years old. We need wingers, wheres the logic in not even making a bid for him. Its like we've kind of given up on signings

The problem with your suggestion is that he is not actually a winger, he is a central attacking midfielder, he has silky skills and good passing range/vision, but we are currently flush with central midfielders, and as you alluded to, he is a bit lightweight.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #44: Jun 07, 2008 10:30:23 am
      We have missed out on a real gem of a player there
      .....Again......
      Babelinhio
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 07, 2008 11:28:36 am
      He's ok, but there is always someone better waiting in the wings, I have seen footage of a 15 yr old brazilian who looks even better than gio, his name escapes me. Dont worry, we will find the players we actually need rather than just because they are going to another team.

Quick Reply