Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Rick Parry - still in a job

Read 7528 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,658 posts | 6952 
      Rick Parry - still in a job
      May 31, 2008 09:26:13 pm
      Bullet-proof Rick Parry is still in a job.  Unbelievable.

Can anybody else shed any reasons as to why this is a good/bad thing for Liverpool's future?

My personal implication for this is that Tom Hicks is still in trouble at Anfield.
      albertdock
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Re: Rick Parry - still in a job
      Reply #1: Jun 01, 2008 08:11:09 am
      Tom is in it up to his cap badge with the banks! and he is looking for somebody to blame for all the clubs financial ills!
      So Rick mate keep of the ridge line, you're good at that tw*t, or maybe it's time you dusted off your CV and updated it.
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #2: Jun 01, 2008 10:22:06 am
      i do think its time Parry went. after all......it seems to have been a better idea to sell to the arabs in first place.......but who was it who rejected that? ....oh yeah...ricky boy
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #3: Jun 01, 2008 10:46:00 am
       T-Ricky Parry must know that his days are numbered and the sad thing for him is that there is unlikely to be another club that would hire him.Face facts T-Ricky the gravy train at Anfield is approaching the station -you are finished.
      Koppite_1985
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #4: Jun 01, 2008 10:49:33 am
      now i reckon he'l find a new job. haha i mean lets face it, peter kenyon did. And im sure he could always goto B'ham as they love ppl who can screw up the books and all.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5: Jun 01, 2008 12:06:24 pm
      Was thinking this myself just yesterday mate. I think if we are going to make any progress at all then one of either Hicks or Parry has to stand down. Preferably Hicks but Parry is just as bad and is holding us back a whole heap.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #6: Jun 01, 2008 07:21:17 pm
      Judas Parry hanging on by his finger nails. Gillet will keep him there until the last minute.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #7: Jun 01, 2008 07:27:41 pm
      For me his time is on a stop watch that runs out when the Americans leave!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #8: Jun 02, 2008 10:11:33 pm
      Parry was hired in 98 to see through the selling of the club so he's had years to come up with the right stewardship and yet in the end it seems he took the money without digging to deep on who Tom Hicks was and what he was like as a business man and so Rick Parry will forever be known has the man who sold us out and for that he will one way or another lose his job, if DIC win he'll go and if Hicks wins he'll also go so for Parry what ever happens he cant win and his mishandeling of the ownership will come home to roost...
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #9: Jun 03, 2008 09:05:11 am
      To be quite honest Rick Parry has held this club back in more ways than one. His over cautious manner in which he works is not good enough in football today, he works in a way which is slow and methodical, he almost lost us Steven Gerrard because of his incompetant work ethic and the slow snails pace at which he does things. He should resign now and be done with it, he has sold us up sh*t River and got a nice big bundle of money out of it, thats one of the reasons he sold in the first place to the yanks, he was to gain personnally much better out of it than if we sold to DIC plus he was 100% sure he would keep his job.

I think some forget that he came to us from the FA with more than his own agenda to hold us back he is a glorified accountant nothing else, and with his own best at interests at heart. He lacks charisma, personality and doesnt communicate well, he is a gold digging self interested little number cruncher who only relates to himself and not others. He is one of the reasons we have not won the premiership because of his incompetance in dealing with financial and player matters.

F**k OFF PARRY GO NOW.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jun 03, 2008 09:31:54 am
      Love it prag and bartman, great posts.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #11: Jun 03, 2008 10:39:03 am
      To be quite honest Rick Parry has held this club back in more ways than one. His over cautious manner in which he works is not good enough in football today, he works in a way which is slow and methodical, he almost lost us Steven Gerrard because of his incompetant work ethic and the slow snails pace at which he does things. He should resign now and be done with it, he has sold us up sh*t River and got a nice big bundle of money out of it, thats one of the reasons he sold in the first place to the yanks, he was to gain personnally much better out of it than if we sold to DIC plus he was 100% sure he would keep his job.

I think some forget that he came to us from the FA with more than his own agenda to hold us back he is a glorified accountant nothing else, and with his own best at interests at heart. He lacks charisma, personality and doesnt communicate well, he is a gold digging self interested little number cruncher who only relates to himself and not others. He is one of the reasons we have not won the premiership because of his incompetance in dealing with financial and player matters.

F**k OFF PARRY GO NOW.

Brilliant post Pragmatic, and sums up my feelings exactly. He has a way of acting like he's trying to remain in the shadows, staying behind the scenes, but not in a good way like he is quietly efficient, just getting on with his job, but more hiding and hoping no-one can see what he's up to. He really makes me think of a little boy up to no good, shutting himself in his room or playing around with matches or something. He's incompetent, plain and simple, doesn't speak out in public to support the club and manager, but only when it's to save his own backside like when he was asked by Hicks to resign.

I reckon someone should take your post and stick it next to his name on Wikipedia, or maybe once we're rid of him he could use it as his new CV! :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Jun 03, 2008 12:20:48 pm

F**k OFF PARRY GO NOW.

Brilliant post Prag... but I would of added five words...

F**k OFF PARRY GO NOW - DO NOT COME BACK - EVER!
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #13: Jun 03, 2008 01:33:53 pm
      For me his time is on a stop watch that runs out when the Americans leave!

Exactly the point Kenny.

At the moment he holds the balance of power on the board.  If he goes now then it will swing in Hicks' favour.  He could then try to screw more money out of DIC and they might decide to walk.  At best it would prolong Hicks' association with the club.

Although it pains me intently to say it he must stay in place until the Americans are forced out.  Then, as King Kenny says, the clock will start ticking.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #14: Jun 04, 2008 12:31:16 am
      Manchester City chief lined up as Parry faces the axe at Liverpool

The future of Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry looks uncertain after it emerged that his opposite number at Manchester City has been approached about his job.

Last season Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks labelled Parry a failure and called on him to resign. Now the Hicks camp have asked Alistair Mackintosh if he would consider a switch.

With Mackintosh unsettled by life under Thaksin Shinawatra at City, a move to Liverpool would be attractive. The nature of his role at City is unclear after the appointment of executive chairman Gary Cook.

If Parry is to keep his job, he must hope that Hicks loses his power struggle with co-owner George Gillett. Hicks' plan to replace Parry will go through if he can persuade his business partner and former friend to sell his stake in Liverpool.

Mackintosh will be seen as a surprise choice in some quarters but it is understood that Hicks has been impressed by the manner in which the 37-year-old chief executive raised City's profile until the sale of the club to Thaksin by former chairman John Wardle last summer.

With Liverpool due to move to a new stadium in nearby Stanley Park in the coming years, Hicks also feels that Mackintosh's experience in relocating City to the City of Manchester Stadium could be a benefit.

Source: Tomorrows daily mail
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Jun 04, 2008 02:18:05 am
      If Parry is to keep his job, he must hope that Hicks loses his power struggle with co-owner George Gillett. Hicks' plan to replace Parry will go through if he can persuade his business partner and former friend to sell his stake in Liverpool.

Funny the way the Daily Mail always twist it a bit when LFC are concerned. According to the Guardian, Hicks' plan to get rid of Parry and bring in this 37 year old Mackintosh bloke, has no hope if Gillette doesn't change his mind about Parry. So if this was going to happen, it would have happened when Rick Parry was asked to resign.

We all know Parry is a waste of space, but this is clearly an attempt by Hicks to gain some power and bring in a 'yes' man.
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 04, 2008 10:50:19 am
      Dont wanna put a downer lads as i am one of Parrys biggest haters, But all those wanting him gone now are crazy,

We hate him yes but at the moment hes our F***ing lifeline in that boardroom , we need him there at the moment, with him gone Hicks will have a field day, hell have the run of the board. We need Parry going against Hicks decision making. Do you wanna share your seat with a bitters fan cause i know i dont,

Parrys day will come but these two tw*ts have to go first. As soon as theve gone he can be turfed out an all   
      Redhead
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 04, 2008 07:42:12 pm
      Oh i forgot to mention in my post above we need Parry at the moment to go againt any ground share veto
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #18: Jun 13, 2008 12:32:51 am
      Manchester City chief lined up as Parry faces the axe at Liverpool

The future of Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry looks uncertain after it emerged that his opposite number at Manchester City has been approached about his job.

Last season Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks labelled Parry a failure and called on him to resign. Now the Hicks camp have asked Alistair Mackintosh if he would consider a switch.

With Mackintosh unsettled by life under Thaksin Shinawatra at City, a move to Liverpool would be attractive. The nature of his role at City is unclear after the appointment of executive chairman Gary Cook.

Mackintosh will be seen as a surprise choice in some quarters but it is understood that Hicks has been impressed by the manner in which the 37-year-old chief executive raised City's profile until the sale of the club to Thaksin by former chairman John Wardle last summer.

With Liverpool due to move to a new stadium in nearby Stanley Park in the coming years, Hicks also feels that Mackintosh's experience in relocating City to the City of Manchester Stadium could be a benefit.

Source: Tomorrows daily mail

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7451299.stm

Manchester City chief executive Alistair Mackintosh has left the club by mutual consent.

Executive chairman Garry Cook told the club website: "I would like to thank Alistair for his decade of service.

"He took us through a period of great change and progress, particularly the move from Maine Road to our home. He goes with our very best wishes."

Mackintosh, 37, leaves City amid a period of change which has seen the appointment of Mark Hughes as manager.

Mackintosh's future had been in doubt ever since the arrival of Cook and he was notably absent from the negotiations which led to Hughes' appointment.

Doesn't really mean Parry is going anywhere, but with Mackintosh being a free agent now, we might start hearing news that Hicks trying to get rid of Parry again.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #19: Jun 14, 2008 05:10:18 pm
      Theres a rumour circulating that parry could be fired next week,has anyone else heard anything about this?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20: Jun 15, 2008 09:39:11 am
      Theres a rumour circulating that parry could be fired next week,has anyone else heard anything about this?
      Its a pity the rumour is not fact,I cannot see it happening while Hicks and Gillett have 50% each of the club.Now wouldn't it be nice if the 3 0f them were to get out of Anfield for good.I am tending to agree with other posters if Gillett wanted to sell his 50% DIC would not be worried about Lawyers costs with the legal Representatives on their payroll.Its time George and Tom came clean and told us the truth what is really going on.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #21: Jun 15, 2008 01:24:35 pm
      I think Parry's been dissected inside out outside in so all we have left now is the abuse (which he deserves) for selling the club down the river with one paddle to go around two people and so the club lurches up and down with no direction. We all hoped that by 2008 we could and should be competing for whichever player Rafa targeted and yet we look and scrap it out for players with the likes of Blackburn,Portsmouth,Villa,and dare I say it Everton and all the clubs mentioned will probably have more cash to spend than us. Man City, WHU, Newcastle, they will all have more disposable wealth than Rafa has.

We now know that thanks to Rick Parry and his new Ferrari we have two people who are split and don't even talk to each other running this club and if this goes on up until the season's transfer window closes we may find ourselves fighting it out for 4th spot again and no one want's that this season.

I get the feeling that if we put in a bid high enough David Villa would join us because of his friendship with Fernando and it's precisely this sort of player that would give the whole club a lift and it's people like David Villa that would attract others as well it has a feel good effect that reaches beyond our shores and it's why I would like the owners to break the bank to get him. It just might win us the PL and surly that's gotta be worth his price alone and if they are serious about LFC let's see you show it otherwise go home and take your profit with you only don't catch a BA flight as looking at your expences don't buy anything on the flight as you are getting ripped off it seems to cost you 10 times more than anyone else according to the books.

Rick Parry you are becoming our worst nightmare so do the right thing and leave and maybe we could hire the ex Man City CO for now, he can't be worse than you have been and he maybe able to guide us through this mess for the time being and maybe he could make the job his own if he works well with Rafa......
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,710 posts | 3718 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #22: Sep 12, 2008 09:07:26 am
      THE RICK PARRY COLUMN
      Rick Parry 12 September 2008 http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/NG161257080912-0854.htm

The capture of Albert Riera from Espanyol finally secured the left-sided player Rafa Benitez has been looking for and that was great news on the transfer deadline.
      The Rick Parry Column

Riera chose us ahead of a number of clubs, including Everton, and it's always a good sign when a player has a real determination to join you.

The Spanish international has already experienced the Premier League during a loan spell at Manchester City and so that should help him to settle in quickly.

Of course, we found ourselves saying goodbye to Steve Finnan, one of our great servants. He went in the opposite direction and with the best wishes of everyone at the club. Steve has been one of our unsung heroes.

I recall that he very nearly went on loan to Manchester City in 2004. We changed our minds on transfer deadline day and that decision would lead to Steve stepping up his Anfield claims and then winning a Champions League medal in Istanbul. Good luck to him at Espanyol.

We also released Andriy Voronin to Hertha Berlin on a season-long loan. Given the players we have brought in, his chances would have been restricted. It's a good opportunity for him to play again in the Bundesliga.

All in all, we have made another significant investment in the summer to further improve the squad, not least with the acquisition of Robbie Keane who will be a great signing.

What you have to contend with more and more these days around the transfer deadline is the constant speculation about who might be coming and who might be going. We signed Keane, Riera, David Ngog, Andrea Dossena, Philipp Degan and Brazilian goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri.

Out went Harry Kewell, John Arne Riise, Peter Crouch, Danny Guthrie, Scott Carson and Finnan.

It's been a busy summer. UEFA president Michel Platini, for one, has been raising questions about the transfer window and suggesting there should be just one opportunity a year, not two.

That would be tough on the smaller clubs. The argument is that it would put a premium on quality coaching. There are different options, not least linked with Europe. Some people say you should be able to trade outside the recognised windows, even if it means you are restricted from using those players until the next deadline in those competitions.

There's no doubt that the flurry of activity around the deadline sparks debate and interest in the game, good or bad. The fans revel in it.

It begs the question, should the deadline fall after the season has started which is presently the case? Clubs have played two or three games and are still buying and selling. Wouldn't it be more logical to close the window ahead of the season starting?

There are many options and the debate will continue, at club and UEFA level.

Putting this aside, we believe we have once again improved the squad and this is the most important thing.

What is for certain is that the competition at the top in the English Premier League will be even more intense this season. The takeover at Manchester City has seen to that. But we are joint top after the opening games and still in the Champions League. It was always crucial to get important points under our belts during the turmoil of the transfer window.

Now we can focus totally on the games that are coming up with Manchester United next in line. Our league record against them has been poor in recent times and so we've got to put that right, despite the absence of Fernando Torres through injury and possibly Steven Gerrard.

Beyond that we have some fascinating Champions League action in the pipeline following the draw that linked us with Marseille, PSV Eindhoven and Atletico Madrid.

The first game against the French is away where we will be looking for the kind of outstanding result we got last time against them. Of course, our home performance was eminently forgettable, eased somewhat by our passage through.

We've played PSV many times and our fans will have happy memories of success against them en route to Athens.

Inevitably, the most interest will surround our matches with Atletico. I'm sure Fernando Torres will be determined to do well against his old club where he is still idolised by the Madrid fans.

He gave Atletico great service and his transfer further cemented the powerful links between Liverpool and Spain.

Of course, it brings us up against two former Anfield players in Luis Garcia and Florent Sinama-Pongolle. Those goals on the road to Istanbul against Juve and Chelsea will long be remembered and anyone who gets his name in an Anfield song obviously holds the respect of the supporters.

They will be big games, home and away, and it will be a very exciting and open group.

Progress becomes even more important because of the fascinating news at City. It highlights that you can never stand still in this game. Once again the dynamic has changed at the top of our game and with another competitor for one of those all-important top four places.

It's up to everyone to respond positively and rise to the challenge.

He said nothing that we don't know. Yanks & Parry out now before you make more trouble in the club.

Quick Reply