Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

What have you done to see/hear the Match?

Read 1230 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      What have you done to see/hear the Match?
      Jun 06, 2008 12:20:06 pm
      After discussing yesterday our 'passion' for the reds i was wondering, does or has anything stopped you going/listening to a game? Are you ruthless in your attempts to find the results for the mighty reds? My confessions (I do have a few more I'm afraid) are below.

Have you ever done anything downright despicable (in a non Reds eyes that is) to watch  listen or get the result from an LFC game? I myself have left my wife in the maternity wing of our local hospital to go to Wembley, I even one year sat with my mouth shut tight when on a coach going to Villa park for a semi with Arsenal whilst the coach driver shouted my name all over the bus as he tried to inform me my wife had gone into labour! If grounds had had maternity wings in the eighties I would have been laughing.

Do you remember the Derby when Gary Mac scored that winning free kick? Of course you do and I remember it more than most because I was at a sort of wake for a close family member, it was a bank holiday and some bright spark thought the families Mafia should get together for a refined evening you know all decorum and discreet nods that is until soft lad here with his undetectable radio in his ear goes ballistic with a punching the air celebration and a very loud “Yes, Get in there!” thank god we weren't playing during the service! Another service I disrupted was my brother in laws wedding as Liverpool once again squashed the blue noses in a Derby, radio in ear I got more excited as each goal went in until finally I gave it the by now familiar clenched fist yes routine much to my wife's dismay. Well if she was upset then she wasn't to happy with me supposedly going the bar at the reception only to bomb off home and watch the game on Match of the day! Her family will plan these events on a match day although I will let the Wake one go that couldn't be helped I suppose. ::)
      Ben30
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Re: What have you done to see/hear the Match?
      Reply #1: Jun 06, 2008 12:28:39 pm
      Nice one Glenbuck! true red die hard! I've got it a bit easier, I have my own Pub so I can just blag it and say I have to work, but I have walked out on arguments with the missus cause she was taking to long to make her point and it was almost kick off! ;D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #2: Jun 06, 2008 12:46:06 pm
      Latest for me was 11 hour slow, return, train journey from Madrid to Alicante exclusively to watch Liverpool v Barnsley FA Cup ...on Italian satellite tv ...because it was not on sky, bbc or spanish tv...  madness.

Got absolutely bladdered on way home with a bunch of lads from the LFC MADrid REDS branch to drown our sorrows.

MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Jun 06, 2008 11:05:13 pm
      Glenbuck, your a genius with your stories, you never fail to make me smile ;D

I do remember when I got married that I insisted I was kept informed of Liverpool's score during the service, I kept one very close eye on my Uncle who was listening to the match, I am pleased to say we won ;D

When it was my Mum and Dad's Silver Wedding Anniversary, they had a huge family party, but there was one very important person missing..............ME  >:D Guess where I was? At Anfield of course, my Mum and Dad forgave me, they knew how much it meant to me, needless to say we won, and I made it to the party afterwards late, but happy  :laugh:

But the best one was on the day my Sister got married, Liverpool were playing at Filbert Street (Leicester), well this was like a home game for me, so of course couldn't miss this, so after the wedding at lunchtime, we had tickets to go to the game, Grooms side supporting Leicester, Bride's side supporting Liverpool  :lmao:  Liverpool won of course, although Leicester were often a bit of a bogey side for Liverpool.............Th e story made headlines in the local paper  :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Jun 07, 2008 04:15:14 am
      Sensational stories guys. Being in Aus, I have no chance of getting to the game but I always watch them. One morning at 1 when I was 14 I took the car keys to drive across town and sit at my mates house and watch the game and drove back at around 3 am. Mind you this was before I knew what streams were. Needless to say mum wasnt extremely proud of what I had done and lucky dad was out with his mates :D

Glenbuck another great topic mate.

Quick Reply