Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

John Arne Riise - Player Thread

Read 35793 times
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Re: John Arne Riise - Player Thread
      Reply #230: May 13, 2008 11:39:00 am
      I agree its probably time for him to believe but i dont understand how people can be so quick to turn on such a loyal servant to the club and say he was always sh*t etc. Its not right. I choose to remember JAR as an anfield legend anyways and to hell with anyone who says otherwise !
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #231: May 13, 2008 06:44:08 pm
      A legend? Bit steep that isn't it, he was never anything more than as Glenbuck said a solid performer, he never really had any competition for the place, and when Aurelio came in as competition he has been sh*t. If we're to win the league we need to change our view over why a player deserves to stay, stop thinking of the past and think of now, to win the league you have to be ruthless and have no passengers.

Look at Ferguson with the mancs, got rid of Stam, Keane, RVN, Beckham, and their just off the top of my head, he has been a ruthless manager since he took over the mancs and as much as I hate to say it, we need Rafa to act like him when it comes to who stays and who goes.
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Reply #232: May 14, 2008 01:36:45 am
      if this is jars last season at the pool lets remember him for what he has done for the club ...hence EDDIES VIDEO..........Not last tuesday

I agree with you 100 per cent man he's been a solid performer for us for a number of years, so lets not write off his importance to us in that time because of one dodgy season and a mistake in a massive game.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Good luck JAR YNWA
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #233: May 14, 2008 01:56:20 am
      A legend? Bit steep that isn't it, he was never anything more than as Glenbuck said a solid performer, he never really had any competition for the place, and when Aurelio came in as competition he has been sh*t. If we're to win the league we need to change our view over why a player deserves to stay, stop thinking of the past and think of now, to win the league you have to be ruthless and have no passengers.

Look at Ferguson with the mancs, got rid of Stam, Keane, RVN, Beckham, and their just off the top of my head, he has been a ruthless manager since he took over the mancs and as much as I hate to say it, we need Rafa to act like him when it comes to who stays and who goes.

I definitely agree with this mate, Rafa really does need to be ruthless with the next window and the deadwood has to leave. Which by him stating that he "knows everyone better and who he can trust now" after this season I do believe he will clear out the deadwood. Ive always liked Riise but no one can deny hes been slowly getting worse no matter how much of a loyal servant he has been.

Good Luck Riise mate, hope your form finds its self some where else.

YNWA
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #234: May 23, 2008 09:24:06 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3602912,00.html

Liverpool star John Arne Riise has admitted that his future at Anfield is far from certain.

The 27-year-old Norwegian has in the past expressed a desire to stay on Merseyside but it has been speculated his Liverpool career is drawing to a close.

Riise has endured an indifferent past campaign and with Liverpool closing on the signing of Udinese left-back Andrea Dossena it does looks as though Riise could be made surplus to requirements.

"I am uncertain. If I don't hear anything before the summer, I will have to consider my situation," Riise told Nettavisen.

"We have got to hope that we reach an agreement with the club about what will happen."

While an ideal scenario would see Riise remain at Liverpool, he concedes it is flattering to be linked with a number of high-profile clubs.

Flattered

"A club change is not impossible," he added.

"I have said that I want to stay where I am, but there have been many rumours in the newspapers about many big clubs.

"It's fantastic to be linked with such clubs. At the same time, I am playing in a position which many clubs are trying to fill.

"I am truly enjoying myself where I am, but the situation is very uncertain at the moment.

"The most important thing is that I get to play regularly."
      ________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______________

Dont you just feel Sorry for Riise? Ain't you just totally gutted? Sad to want to remain at a club that is trying to move on without you.

Well................
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #235: May 23, 2008 09:25:36 pm
      Liverpool star John Arne Riise has admitted that his future at Anfield is far from certain.

The 27-year-old Norwegian has in the past expressed a desire to stay on Merseyside but it has been speculated his Liverpool career is drawing to a close.

Riise has endured an indifferent past campaign and with Liverpool closing on the signing of Udinese left-back Andrea Dossena it does looks as though Riise could be made surplus to requirements.

"I am uncertain. If I don't hear anything before the summer, I will have to consider my situation," Riise told Nettavisen.

"We have got to hope that we reach an agreement with the club about what will happen."

While an ideal scenario would see Riise remain at Liverpool, he concedes it is flattering to be linked with a number of high-profile clubs.

Flattered

"A club change is not impossible," he added.

"I have said that I want to stay where I am, but there have been many rumours in the newspapers about many big clubs.

"It's fantastic to be linked with such clubs. At the same time, I am playing in a position which many clubs are trying to fill.

"I am truly enjoying myself where I am, but the situation is very uncertain at the moment.

"The most important thing is that I get to play regularly."

I think he will be out sooner rather than later.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #236: May 24, 2008 05:05:04 am
      John Arne Riise was one of my favourite players for a while (always loved Riise and Carra) and I feel very sad to see he could be leaving. I understand that I should not put player in front of the team's interests but he was such a good servant to this club before, and always been a hard worker with pride of wearing the Liverpool shirt, that it hurts anyway.

So I have already accepted the idea of not having him at Liverpool anymore, but I will be following his career wherever he plays, and I hope he can find his best once again.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #237: May 26, 2008 06:30:03 am
      Jar is in the out tray and if Rafa gets a bid he considers his value JAR is on his way. After the season that he had I think the guy needs a new challenge whether in England or abroad which may suit his style of play a little more than the the EPL. Good luck to you mate and if you meet us in a game don't find any form that day from your left peg because when it's fully operational it can be a lethal weapon.......
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #238: May 26, 2008 09:39:37 pm
      looks like im going to have to change my name some time soon eh?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #239: May 26, 2008 09:42:48 pm
      looks like im going to have to change my name some time soon eh?

I was just thinking that when I saw your name !!  ;) :D :D  Who's bootboy are you gonna be now ??  ;)
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #240: May 27, 2008 05:46:06 pm
      Chelski will put a bid in for him when they start running out of lfc players to bid on !
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #241: May 30, 2008 03:47:33 pm
      God Bless JAR, he's been a very good servant and quite exciting on times!!  Time to move on now though copper top!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #242: May 30, 2008 04:18:51 pm
      How much are we wanting for him?

Anything above £5 million would be useful.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #243: May 30, 2008 04:38:28 pm
      Been a great assest to the club over the years but since he has had to really fight for his place he just has'nt been the same so maybe its time for him to go. Wish him all the best though
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #244: May 30, 2008 04:41:16 pm
      How much are we wanting for him?

Anything above £5 million would be useful.

Couldn't say to be honest, though I think anything in the £5-6 million would be fair.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #245: May 31, 2008 12:50:36 am
      Been a great assest to the club over the years but since he has had to really fight for his place he just has'nt been the same so maybe its time for him to go. Wish him all the best though

Not been the same for two seasons now.  Aurelio's a better left back and Babel's a better left winger.  Riise was a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none.  I'm sure he could do a job for another Premiership side but he just isn't going to fit in to our new formation.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #246: Jun 11, 2008 10:45:55 am
      Liverpool have opened negotiations with Roma over the possible £5m sale of attacking left-back John Arne Riise.

(The Independent)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #247: Jun 11, 2008 04:03:31 pm
      Couldn't say to be honest, though I think anything in the £5-6 million would be fair.

You also have to consider he only has a year left on his contract so 5m is a pretty decent piece of business for a player who has done his time at Liverpool.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #248: Jun 11, 2008 04:29:21 pm
      loayl servant to the club but now it's time to move on. Good luck in the future John.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #249: Jun 11, 2008 11:02:03 pm
      This was just posted over at Football365.com

John-Arne Riise's move to Roma looks inevitable after boss Luciano Spalletti admitted the Norwegian could figure in his plans.

Riise looks set to make a £5m move to Serie A as Liverpool continue to revitalise their squad.

Spalletti said: "A player like Riise can give a different kind of dimension.

"Considering the challenges that await us in the coming season, Riise has the qualities that we are looking for.

"However, we have to look for other players as well and not make any mistakes in forming the new squad, such as losing the balance of the side."
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #250: Jun 17, 2008 11:10:14 pm
      Getting some very mixed reaction to Riise's impending departure on the website.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2008/riise-heading-off-to-rome/

What does everyone think about his Liverpool career?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #251: Jun 17, 2008 11:21:50 pm
      True that people have been way too harsh on him for the own goal against chelsea, it is amazing the way that wiped out the huge amount of screamers he scored, particularly against that very team, chelsea.

I feel he should move on now but only because i think he can go no further with us as a player and i think playing in italy will be a new challnge for him. I still think it was a mistake for rafa to tell him to change his approach to the game and play more defensively as i feel he was doing fine before and was better when he was allowed to go forward when he wanted to. But it is also Riise's fault that he had a bit of a bad season aswell. I think he has given us so many seasons of fantastic play and will never forget alll the amazing goals he scored, especially the FK against the mancs, the run against the chavs and the goal that earnt him a standing ovation from opposition fans in the 7-0 rout as well as other things like the cross for stevies goal in istanbul and so much more.

I hope the move to roma proves to be a good one for him, he has had a tough career with his money problems among other things and i hope he proves he is stil a great player. Good luck in italy John Arne, thanks for the fantastic memories you gave us over the years, will never forget the impact you had for our team.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #252: Jun 17, 2008 11:31:31 pm
      Getting some very mixed reaction to Riise's impending departure on the website.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2008/riise-heading-off-to-rome/

What does everyone think about his Liverpool career?

Added my bit ;D

Quick Reply