Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Rick Parry To Be Given An Honour?

Read 10485 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Rick Parry To Be Given An Honour?
      Reply #23: Jul 01, 2008 02:30:40 pm
      Im slightly confused as to who is giving him this honour, if its liverpool football club, does that mean he's in essence awarding himself this prize?
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #24: Jul 01, 2008 04:22:29 pm
      he was instrumental in bringing in Rafa from Valencia.

despite not winning the title, we have consistently won other major trophies across his tenure (FA Cups, league cup, Champions League, UEFA Cup, etc)

he has kept our wage bill well down (unlike many other clubs).

some *fans* need to get some perspective.  Yeah sure, I am not Rick's biggest fan either, but I do know that he doesn't deserve most of the hatred and abuse spewed at him.

And some *fans* need to learn to actually have a clue what they're talking about.

He may have done a couple of good things along the way, but the pros to Rick Parry are hugely out weighed by the cons. Time after time we have missed out on players due to his ineptitude, Simao, Vidic & Alves just being a few examples, probably plenty more that we don't even know about. We're talking about the man here who thought it was a better idea to go on holiday than to sort out Gerrard's new contract, and almost resulted in us losing the best player in our squad. Then there's the repeated failure to back Rafa at all in the season just gone, yet as soon as someone had a bad word to say about the yanks he was straight there jumping to their defence. And lets not forget he has done nothing to improve our commercial operations in the time he has been here, one of the main reasons we fell so far behind our rivals.

Rick Parry is a useless tw*t, end of story. The only use he may have still had was to help force Hicks to sell up, but now the yanks are talking again it seems he doesn't even have that one last purpose to serve.
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #25: Jul 01, 2008 04:42:01 pm
      Edc - let's be honest mate - you do not have a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes at LFC like the next man does.

I have a theory on Rick Parry.  If he was sooooo bad at his job, surely he'd be out by now.  Wouldn't he?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #26: Jul 01, 2008 04:49:44 pm
      Edc - let's be honest mate - you do not have a clue as to what goes on behind the scenes at LFC like the next man does.

You're absolutely right, I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. It seriously concerns me considering what we already know about his ineptitude to think what else might have happened that we don't know anything about.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #27: Jul 01, 2008 06:23:22 pm
      Rick Parry is a useless tw*t, end of story.

I bet Villa, Man City, Newcastle, Spurs and 99 percent of the other clubs in England/Europe wish they had someone as *useless* as Rick Parry in charge.

Rick has his shortcomings (like we all do), but he doesn't deserve the abuse that some *fans* give him. 
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #28: Jul 01, 2008 10:21:58 pm
      Yeah also thanks Rick for making us lose top priorty players over the years.  Do I dare to name?  Essien, Anelka, Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Alves and probably tons more that was done under the radar.

Thanks for employing these clowns, David Moores also deserves a special mention, I bet he's bathing in that 'dirty' profit that he made right now.  Thanks for winning nothing and making 0% contribution to any achievement this club has had during your 'reign'.

And famously from the mouth of the great Tom Hicks that you have made us fall behind with commercial revenue, sponsorship deals and the lot. 

You're that much of a toss pot that even Tom Hicks said you aren't and never have done your job!!!

I bet that Degree would look nice framed on your wall along with all the other circus awards you have.   :-\

You really went for the jugular Court!  ;D
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #29: Jul 01, 2008 10:33:32 pm
      I bet Villa, Man City, Newcastle, Spurs and 99 percent of the other clubs in England/Europe wish they had someone as *useless* as Rick Parry in charge.

Rick has his shortcomings (like we all do), but he doesn't deserve the abuse that some *fans* give him. 

If they do wish they had him in charge then they're pretty damn stupid, let's put it that way. What has Rick Parry actually done? You say he got Rafa to Anfield, he F***ing didn't, Liverpool FC got Rafa to Anfield, the club, the history & the passion that goes with it. If there was a way Parry could have fu**ed up that deal he would have managed to, just like he has with every other potential deal he has been involved in.
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #30: Jul 01, 2008 10:47:10 pm
      I figure you don't like the Rickster.

I am The Egg Man
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me!!!
      Reply #31: Jul 01, 2008 11:44:44 pm
      What about the people who get their hard earned cash and buy replica kits for their kids and go to the matches and keep the club afloat?????????  Are those people not deserving af any recognition because surely they are the life blood of the club!!!!!!!  What do they get for their services to the club sweet FA, and a sh*t load of crap of people like Parry, Tom O'Hicks and George Gillette, ands also not forgetting the lovely people who run the Premier League.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #32: Jul 02, 2008 01:24:44 pm
      We don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes but there is enough on public record and the abject failure of LFC to take advantage of the marketing opportunities after the Istanbul triumph given our worldwide fan base to clearly demonstrate that the man is incompetent.

To me Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal have much better people in place given their dealings in the market.

Parry has undoubtedly been a liability for some time now.

What about the recent debacle about having to pay to get on a season ticket waiting list which you have very little chance of success given that only 7 or 8 are returned every year?  Isn't this just another example of how badly run this club is?  There is so much that could be done better with a decent CEO!!

And as for the dishwater they serve as tea and coffee on match day - oh don't get me started. :f_steam:

Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #33: Jul 02, 2008 01:50:11 pm
      I dont think even Robert Mugabe could be as useless as pr**k Parry.Get him out Hicks
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #34: Jul 02, 2008 01:52:05 pm
      Whoever backs Rick Parry or any of those other bas**rds in charge of our club needs a brain check.

He did not bring us the CL or the FA Cup, Rafa and the players did. Rick wasnt in there lifting all their heads up when the chips were down was he? F***ing useless he is.

He still as a job at this club after his extra money in the pocket sale to the Yanks. He should be thanking the club for that and not vice versa!

Dude, i mean no disrespect in this comment but, you have to be pretty blind and idiotic to believe Rick Parry has served this club an ounce of good that has not had a sh*t load of bad that comes along with it.

He lost us Ronaldo, Simao, Alves, Joaquin, Vidic, nearly Gerrard of all F***ing people and about 1000000 more behind the scenes. Those 5 i mentioned could have come to us for 30 million combined, thats about as much as Ronaldo's left nut now.

Rick, F**k off champ.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #35: Jul 02, 2008 02:44:04 pm
      Whoever backs Rick Parry or any of those other bas**rds in charge of our club needs a brain check.

He did not bring us the CL or the FA Cup, Rafa and the players did. Rick wasnt in there lifting all their heads up when the chips were down was he? F***ing useless he is.

He still as a job at this club after his extra money in the pocket sale to the Yanks. He should be thanking the club for that and not vice versa!

Dude, I mean no disrespect in this comment but, you have to be pretty blind and idiotic to believe Rick Parry has served this club an ounce of good that has not had a sh*t load of bad that comes along with it.

He lost us Ronaldo, Simao, Alves, Joaquin, Vidic, nearly Gerrard of all F***ing people and about 1000000 more behind the scenes. Those 5 I mentioned could have come to us for 30 million combined, thats about as much as Ronaldo's left nut now.

Rick, F**k off champ.

Amazing!  Rick doesn't get any recognition for our successes in the past that's all down to Rafa.  So whommmm get's all the flack for last seasons 'disaster'?  Crouchinho reckons this should be all down to Parry not Rafa!   

The puck just doesn't lie with Parry - Moores and Rafa have to take a huge amount of the blame also!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36: Jul 02, 2008 03:13:45 pm
      What has Rafa done? Sell our club to the devil? No. I believe Parry and Moores have done that.

Rafa copped all this sh*t about his job and the whole Klinsmann saga behind his back and Rick was where? Oh yes, swimming in his few extra million he picked up from those Yanks.

I ask, what has Rafa done that is so significant in a disasterous season behind the scenes?

Rafa's job is to coach the team, he has done that brilliantly considering all that crap he copped from the media and to still be in the same job, you have to stand back and applaud.

To me, this puck you refer to is placed firmly in the net of those Yank bas**rds (no pun intended) and Moores/Parry.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #37: Jul 02, 2008 05:18:56 pm
      What has Rafa done? Sell our club to the devil? No. I believe Parry and Moores have done that.

Rafa copped all this sh*t about his job and the whole Klinsmann saga behind his back and Rick was where? Oh yes, swimming in his few extra million he picked up from those Yanks.

I ask, what has Rafa done that is so significant in a disasterous season behind the scenes?

Rafa's job is to coach the team, he has done that brilliantly considering all that crap he copped from the media and to still be in the same job, you have to stand back and applaud.

To me, this puck you refer to is placed firmly in the net of those Yank bas**rds (no pun intended) and Moores/Parry.

Rafa didn't deliver last season.  Okay he had a load of 'backroom' c*ap that didn't help but...he didn't perform as a manager...and this is why:

'It took him too long to realise his strongest, best team and formation' and that cannot be argued with.  Once he stuck with this, our performances picked up.

So along with Parry - he should get flack.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #38: Jul 02, 2008 05:36:15 pm
      'It took him too long to realise his strongest, best team and formation' and that cannot be argued with.

Au contraire my friend, it most certainly can be argued with.

We only got 3 points less from our opening 10 games in comparison to our last 10 games this season gone, so to imply that we only got things right at the end of the season is rubbish. The fact is we had a slump through December & January, and IMO it is no coincidence that it happened to be around the time we had this media circus going on. Regardless of what you think the reasons for this slump were the facts don't lie, it cannot be argued that it was this slump that was responsible for us missing out on a title challenge. You can bang on about Rafa taking too long to work things out but it's just a load of bollocks that's been spoon fed to you by the media.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #39: Jul 02, 2008 05:52:21 pm
      Au contraire my friend, it most certainly can be argued with.

We only got 3 points less from our opening 10 games in comparison to our last 10 games this season gone, so to imply that we only got things right at the end of the season is rubbish. The fact is we had a slump through December & January, and IMO it is no coincidence that it happened to be around the time we had this media circus going on. Regardless of what you think the reasons for this slump were the facts don't lie, it cannot be argued that it was this slump that was responsible for us missing out on a title challenge. You can bang on about Rafa taking too long to work things out but it's just a load of bollocks that's been spoon fed to you by the media.

The truth is mate.

You do not watch the games then - you just look at the points tally.

I think you'll find - our performances (actually team performances) picked up when we found the new formation.  I actually want to watch Liverpool playing good footy and winning, don't you?

The Torres partnering Voronin and then partnering Kuyt and then partnering Crouch - was a complete disaster.  How long did it take to find the Torres and Gerrard partnership.  TOOO long.

Do you think Rafa succeeded last season and deserves praise...if yes, what for?  I like Rafa - and want him to succeed as much as you do - but I will not have a 'blinkered' opinion like some.
      « Last Edit: Jul 02, 2008 06:00:46 pm by Richobaz »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #40: Jul 02, 2008 05:57:44 pm
      The truth is mate.

You do not watch the games then - you just look at the points tally.

Yeah, you're absolutely right Rich. I don't actually watch any of our games, too busy shopping & the like. I just make everything up that I post, completely off the top of my head.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #41: Jul 02, 2008 06:02:27 pm
      1.  Why hasn't Parry been sacked?
      2.  Why is Gerrard staying put - knowing the club he wants to succeed with, is run by such a wrongen?
      3.  Why is Rafa staying put, if he has such a bad relationship with Parry ?
      the dude abides
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts | -17 
      • Eagles free zone
      Reply #42: Jul 02, 2008 06:09:39 pm
      4. why do we keep winning so many trophies, despite being so badly run?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #43: Jul 02, 2008 06:16:22 pm
      1.  Why hasn't Parry been sacked?
      2.  Why is Gerrard staying put - knowing the club he wants to succeed with, is run by such a wrongen?
      3.  Why is Rafa staying put, if he has such a bad relationship with Parry ?

1. Hicks tried, Gillett blocked it because Parry was on his side in the power struggle between the pair.
      2. Here's a thought for you, maybe he doesn't want to leave the club he grew up supporting.
      3. Again, he wants to stay at the club, so why should he leave because of Parry? If I had a job that I loved I wouldn't leave it because one of my colleagues was a tw*t.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #44: Jul 02, 2008 06:22:18 pm
      4. why do we keep winning so many trophies, despite being so badly run?

Richobaz will probably say it's something to do with us wearing red shirts.

Why is Parry still there? And quoting Blazing Saddles.

'Parry just pawn in game of life.'
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #45: Jul 02, 2008 06:32:10 pm
      'Parry just pawn in game of life.'

'Doctor Of Laws for Mongo! Doctor Of Laws for Mongo!!'

Quick Reply