Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 13th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Robbie Keane (Spurs)

Read 45368 times
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Re: Robbie Keane (Spurs)
      Reply #391: Jul 27, 2008 10:30:02 pm
      Why are people so sure that if we sign Keane we will not get a winger?

A little faith PLEASE people. A winger is on the way. Nice little deal behind closed doors away from the public should be unveiling itself shortly. Just a little gut feeling.

Because we dont have 30-40 odd million pounds to spend. its not a lack of faith that makes people think we wont get Keane AND a winger. Its the fact the entire summer we have known we dont have much money to spend. I hope we get a winger aswell as Keane even though i dont really want Keane much i'd much rather 2 top class wingers which we have needed for SO MANY SEASONS AHHH I THINK IM GOING INNNNSANE.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #392: Jul 27, 2008 11:58:55 pm
      Because we dont have 30-40 odd million pounds to spend. its not a lack of faith that makes people think we wont get Keane AND a winger. Its the fact the entire summer we have known we dont have much money to spend. I hope we get a winger aswell as Keane even though I dont really want Keane much I'd much rather 2 top class wingers which we have needed for SO MANY SEASONS AHHH I THINK IM GOING INNNNSANE.

If I could put a monetary bet on it with you that we will get a winger as well as Keane I would. But alas I can't.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #393: Jul 28, 2008 12:35:54 am
      If I could put a monetary bet on it with you that we will get a winger as well as Keane I would. But alas I can't.

Im happy your so sure were getting a winger i love to see our fans confident of getting the signings we need BUT at the same time i dont just want a winger, i want a top class winger.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #394: Jul 28, 2008 12:55:32 am
      For mine, I see keane as a replacement for Crouch up front, the need for  top quality wide players still remains.I believe that Rafa will go with 4-3-3 next season in most games, that being :-

Carra      Srirt    Agger   Dosse

Gerrard    Alonso    Masch

Kuyt        Nando     Keane

I would hope that we could sign Silva and / or Bentley to give us more options, but of course this depends on what funds are available to Rafa ( which I am not privy to ). 

kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #395: Jul 28, 2008 01:00:32 am
      Im happy your so sure were getting a winger I love to see our fans confident of getting the signings we need BUT at the same time I dont just want a winger, I want a top class winger.

Just out of pure conjecture. What LEFT sided winger would you be happy with us getting? Who would be your top 3 options?
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #396: Jul 28, 2008 01:55:26 am
      Just out of pure conjecture. What LEFT sided winger would you be happy with us getting? Who would be your top 3 options?

Well my top choice would be David Silva, partly because he's the type of player i love. His game intellegence is amazing. His talent is clear to see though that is the main reason i want him.

second choice would probably be a suprise to most but Kranjcar, love the way he plays and is such a fantastic player, wouldnt cost huge amounts and i think he would do even better in a top team than he already does at portsmouth. Scores great goals and knows how to get out of a sticky situation.

third choice would have most likely been someone like Mancini, Not too expensive, experienced, creates alot, knows where the goal is, excellent player.

Im sure i've missed others but some names that come to mind of people who could play on the left are Menez (available at just 10 million, worth it every time imo), Maxi Rodriguez (Very good player and quite underrated, price could be a stumbling block though). Joe Cole (would be in that top 3 list at 2nd place but isnt due to him playing for chelsea and it being unlikely they would sell a top player to a rival).

What about you ?
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #397: Jul 28, 2008 02:57:34 am
      Well my top choice would be David Silva, partly because he's the type of player I love. His game intellegence is amazing. His talent is clear to see though that is the main reason I want him.

second choice would probably be a suprise to most but Kranjcar, love the way he plays and is such a fantastic player, wouldnt cost huge amounts and I think he would do even better in a top team than he already does at portsmouth. Scores great goals and knows how to get out of a sticky situation.

third choice would have most likely been someone like Mancini, Not too expensive, experienced, creates alot, knows where the goal is, excellent player.

Im sure I've missed others but some names that come to mind of people who could play on the left are Menez (available at just 10 million, worth it every time imo), Maxi Rodriguez (Very good player and quite underrated, price could be a stumbling block though). Joe Cole (would be in that top 3 list at 2nd place but isnt due to him playing for chelsea and it being unlikely they would sell a top player to a rival).

What about you ?

Would definatly agree with your Silva assessment. Not sure on my other two choices. Podolski plays so well for Germany there but doesn't have the same record with Bayern. Might be worth a risk though.

lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #398: Jul 28, 2008 04:44:30 am
      Would definatly agree with your Silva assessment. Not sure on my other two choices. Podolski plays so well for Germany there but doesn't have the same record with Bayern. Might be worth a risk though.

Yh i'd take him, he's not on my list as i class him more as a striker
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #399: Jul 28, 2008 05:04:04 am
      Yh I'd take him, he's not on my list as I class him more as a striker

I would too, but his record for the national team speaks for itself really.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #400: Jul 28, 2008 06:39:31 am
      Yes you're wrong - you've been up Don too long mate!

If you cannot see that Keane is pure class and is exactly what Torres is crying out for then - you need to watch more premiership footy!

Keane is a team player who will score and provide opportunities for Torres.  Freeing up Gerrard to do what he does best - fighting and attcking from Midfield.

Worth every penny of the 20million - if that's what we get him for!

Poor mindless fool.

Did i not say earlier he is a gifted striker? I have not slagged him off once you ignorant child, in fact i have backed him, on a individual basis that is. I simply said Rafa's priorities are mixed up and that it will probably disrupt Gerrard/Torres while we would still have a problem out wide on both flanks.

On another note, optimism is one thing and its great to see some have it but considering we have roughly 20 million plus player sales to spend, at best scenario this is, i dont see a Silva coming through unless Rafa has been pulling our leg.

I fear we may see Milner come through the door and probably Riera for a combined fee of 20 million.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #401: Jul 28, 2008 08:48:43 am
      Because we dont have 30-40 odd million pounds to spend. its not a lack of faith that makes people think we wont get Keane AND a winger. Its the fact the entire summer we have known we dont have much money to spend. I hope we get a winger aswell as Keane even though I dont really want Keane much I'd much rather 2 top class wingers which we have needed for SO MANY SEASONS AHHH I THINK IM GOING INNNNSANE.

Maybe you are.

If you did have 30-40 million to spend wouldn't you get more for your money if you made out you didn't have that budget? ???

We may all yet be surprised and delighted. :D

Then again maybe we won't. >:D
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #402: Jul 28, 2008 09:06:20 am
      For mine, I see keane as a replacement for Crouch up front, the need for  top quality wide players still remains.I believe that Rafa will go with 4-3-3 next season in most games, that being :-

Carra      Srirt    Agger   Dosse

Gerrard    Alonso    Masch

Kuyt        Nando     Keane

I would hope that we could sign Silva and / or Bentley to give us more options, but of course this depends on what funds are available to Rafa ( which I am not privy to ). 

If that formation ever works I'll give you the money myself! you got the front too crowded and no space in which Torres can be set free.  Keane won't be used to full potential on the left either (not with 3 up front anyway)
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #403: Jul 28, 2008 09:37:35 am
      If that formation ever works I'll give you the money myself! you got the front too crowded and no space in which Torres can be set free.  Keane won't be used to full potential on the left either (not with 3 up front anyway)

Yeah Torres has to have some space to skin defenders doesn't he.

I would much prefer:

--------------Torres-------------
      ----Silva--------------Keane---
      -------------Gerrard------------
      ---Alonso-----------Masch---

Tell me that isn't a strike force worthy of a sh*t load of goals?
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #404: Jul 28, 2008 11:04:36 am
      If you did have 30-40 million to spend wouldn't you get more for your money if you made out you didn't have that budget? ???

I think you've hit the nail on the head mate.  Not once have I heard or read anything from anyone at Liverpool stating what the budget is.  Rafa made a passing reference to selling players and using the funds that's all.  All managers do that.  Who's to say he hasn't got 40mil stashed away and is topping it up with sales?  As unlikely as it sounds, maybe the yanks have decided that they don't need anymore bad publicity if they are going to try and sell up in the end and we are actually getting back to the old Liverpool ways of doing business, keeping quiet and doing things behind closed doors?  (I now sit back and wait for the slagging!)
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #405: Jul 28, 2008 12:12:34 pm
      Tottenham Hotspur star, Robbie Keane, is understood to have passed his medical this morning ahead of his £18million switch to Anfield.

The Republic of Ireland striker has been under constant speculation recently surrounding his future but he arrived at Melwood last Friday to begin sealing his dream move.

All that remains are personal terms which should be a formality.

From Kop-TV
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #406: Jul 28, 2008 12:15:50 pm
      where does this source come from on Kop Tv?

i just hope its true, robbie keane is class and what a celebration too !
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #407: Jul 28, 2008 12:18:12 pm
      Poor mindless fool.

Did I not say earlier he is a gifted striker? I have not slagged him off once you ignorant child, in fact I have backed him, on a individual basis that is. I simply said Rafa's priorities are mixed up and that it will probably disrupt Gerrard/Torres while we would still have a problem out wide on both flanks.

On another note, optimism is one thing and its great to see some have it but considering we have roughly 20 million plus player sales to spend, at best scenario this is, I dont see a Silva coming through unless Rafa has been pulling our leg.

I fear we may see Milner come through the door and probably Riera for a combined fee of 20 million.

Crounchino- Keane is worth every penny - so you're wrong!

Rafa obviously rates this Riera - so if you back Rafa, then you'll back his signings?

Watch more football mate - it will only help you!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #408: Jul 28, 2008 12:30:42 pm
      where does this source come from on Kop Tv?

I just hope its true, robbie keane is class and what a celebration too !

Eatsleepsport.com have the same story, I guess it could be a leak from Melwood staff.....

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane has passed a medical at Liverpool and is on the verge of completing an £18million switch.

The Reds have been chasing the Republic of Ireland striker for the last few weeks and are now closing in on a deal after agreeing a fee.

Keane is reported to have passed his medical at Liverpool's Melwood training ground this morning and the move will be rubber-stamped once personal terms have been agreed, which should be a formality.

The striker made it clear that he wanted to join Liverpool as soon as they declared their interest and Tottenham have reluctantly agreed to let him move on.

Tottenham are also facing a battle to keep hold of Dimitar Berbatov, who is attracting strong interest from Manchester United, and boss Juande Ramos could just be left with Darren Bent three weeks before the big kick-off.
      « Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008 12:41:35 pm by AJ »
      marcuk03
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts | -2 
      Reply #409: Jul 28, 2008 12:32:11 pm
      eatsleepsport  ??

Hmmm... nothing substantial then...

but ive got my fingers crossed...

Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #410: Jul 28, 2008 12:43:26 pm
      Just pulled this off icnorthwest forum.  Obviously nothing firm, but the story about the medical seems to be gathering pace.

http://forums.icnorthwest.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=47073
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #411: Jul 28, 2008 12:46:24 pm
      eatsleepsport  ??

Hmmm... nothing substantial then...

but ive got my fingers crossed...

I can't say I hear too much from them either but give it a hour or two and there will be plenty of reports!
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #412: Jul 28, 2008 12:53:07 pm
      Press Association Link:

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5i2ZrUsgDHKhq19TpIleyoklpFijQ

Same (similar) story from Skysports:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3877982,00.html

Looks like it is a done deal.  Fingers crossed we see him with Rafa by tomorrow
      Kopkingo
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #413: Jul 28, 2008 12:56:53 pm
      Just found this on the Irish times site:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2008/0728/1217013360845.html

Usually quite reliable. 

Quick Reply