Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What ever happened to ... ?

Read 201089 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Re: What ever happened to ... ?
      Reply #598: Feb 11, 2015 10:38:44 am
      Skip PM'd me and to be honest had to tell him I was shell shocked and would reply later, which I will do.
      As Billy said his ordeal with the big C has taken it's toll and the other revelations are astonishing if not as profoundly mind changing.
      Can only wish the lad well and will keep in touch of course.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #599: Feb 11, 2015 11:32:30 am
      look at the people who have posted about Skip and look who has not. This place is not what it was and I refuse to post because it becomes a dick fest to who loves Brendan more its utterly pathetic your like internet pack hounds I say internet because no way on Gods earth would you say it when the member was in front of you.
      Carry on you will have a great forum of people who have never been to Anfield let alone truly understand the culture of the club or the city.
      George Red has his own views and he is ridiculed for being honest enough to post them.
      I will keep in touch with Skip because I value his opinions the rest can go and........ well you what I mean.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #600: Feb 11, 2015 12:25:05 pm
      look at the people who have posted about Skip and look who has not.

I don't think there is any need to go down this line Walton.

Skip played his part in any argument as much as anyone else involved.

Anyway sad news about him as I always enjoyed a debate with him and his style was unique.

A great red and by all accounts a decent fella as well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #601: Feb 11, 2015 12:35:06 pm
      I didn't really know EuroRed very well apart from the odd argument. But its always a shame when someone feels they want to leave the forum.

He should carry on posting his views if he feels so strongly even if the majority disagree with him.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #602: Feb 11, 2015 06:51:58 pm
      In my post about Skip I forgot to mention as well as giving and lending the man a heap of cash he found out how old the mans kids were and sent them a load of presents. I must add this was all done with the blessing of Skips wife. It has got me thinking how many  would dip into their own pockets with a quid never mind what Skip did. In closing I hope that Skips detractors feel well and truly proud of themselves for putting a bloody good RED in the position of having to walk away from LFCREDS forum. One further thing Skip might of left the forum but rest assured he will always be a Liverpool Football Club Supporter, ne knows no other way.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #603: Feb 11, 2015 08:36:57 pm
      I didn't really know EuroRed very well apart from the odd argument. But its always a shame when someone feels they want to leave the forum.

He should carry on posting his views if he feels so strongly even if the majority disagree with him.

Sometimes, it's the pure vitriol and barbs associated with some replies that can get a person down.

I didn't realise Skip's personal circumstances and I sincerely wish him a full and speedy recovery. From what Billy1 has posted he comes across as a really sound bloke. Is it right he hails from Huyton?

I for one will miss his presence on this forum - he was my biggest karma contributor ;D

All the best Skip.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #604: Feb 12, 2015 02:01:19 am
      Skip, you will truly be missed around here mate.

I wish you all the best in recovery and just hope you get right real soon bud.

Billy, thanks for sharing that mate, I never knew but doesn't surprise me knowing Skip.

Skip YNWA Brother.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #605: Feb 12, 2015 04:39:47 am
      Shame it has come to this infuriating at the same time when people stooped as low  making the insults personal, they know who they are.

YNWA Skip.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #606: Feb 12, 2015 05:19:52 am
      Top poster! Always contributed well to debates. Good luck Skip, look after yourself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #607: Feb 12, 2015 07:19:39 pm
      All the best to Skip, I hope he finds the peace he is looking for.

On a side note, this post quoted below is exactly the kind of post that lends to the tribal mentality that can make this forum a very unwelcoming place to be.

look at the people who have posted about Skip and look who has not. This place is not what it was and I refuse to post because it becomes a dick fest to who loves Brendan more its utterly pathetic your like internet pack hounds I say internet because no way on Gods earth would you say it when the member was in front of you.
      Carry on you will have a great forum of people who have never been to Anfield let alone truly understand the culture of the club or the city.
      George Red has his own views and he is ridiculed for being honest enough to post them.
      I will keep in touch with Skip because I value his opinions the rest can go and........ well you what I mean.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #608: Feb 12, 2015 07:32:43 pm
      Assuming skip is Eurored, The only issue I had was the personal stuff.
      Crack on about tactics, selection etc but what's with the personal sh*t?

I found it a bit bizarre.

I also concur with the above.
      We have members who seem to think it's "cool" or some kind of initiation to gang up on new members.
      It's F***ing childish is what it is.
      Then we have those who go through the gears when a new member posts something they don't like. It's easy to spot. First they get called a wum, then a manc, then they are accused of being another member.

Despite that sh*t, this is one of the best, if not the best LFC forums around.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #609: Feb 12, 2015 07:33:42 pm
      I have just read a very sad p.m. from Skip  (eurored) telling me he is leaving the forum for good. He has not been the best since his lung cancer showed it's ugly head. No doubt some posters will be delighted to lose a bloody good RED but I will be sorry to see the man go. I will let you lot into a little secret that Skip will probably not thank me for. Once upon a time there was a member of LFCREDS who was in financial difficulties and had a family, who came to the rescue but my old maligned mate Skip with a 1000 quid,500 quid was a donation and 500 quid was a loan, and you know what not a penny of that loan has been repaid. The man knows who he is and what surprises me in Skips recent troubles has never asked about him, to the best of my knowledge.
               Skip I wish the world was full of good REDS just like yourself, take care mate and look after yourself.

Bloody hell, that's absolutely sh*t that.

I can only speak from a personal point of view here but if the reason he's decided to leave is because of all the backbiting and downright pathetic behaviour of some of those who frequent here of late then I can't blame him, if it's for personal reasons then I can't blame him.

Always liked you mate and the forum becomes less of a place without your words.

YNWA fella.

Just to add, I was only thinking about this today, when the forum was (for me) in its pomp when h&g were raping the club and the forum and LFC fans worldwide were hounding the fuckers out, I was so F***ing proud at the unity and solidarity of all my brothers and sisters and how they showed the world what we were all about.

That was then and this is now, a load of childish, petulant little F***ing blow ins stamping their feet when they don't get what they want and huddling together in the corner of the playground planning their next attack with verbal diarrhea.

Pisses me right off.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #610: Feb 12, 2015 07:39:54 pm
      This place is not what it was and I refuse to post

We all live in F***ing hope.  Think that's about the fifth time you've promised.

YNWA Skip.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #611: Feb 12, 2015 07:40:14 pm
      All the best to Skip, I hope he finds the peace he is looking for.

On a side note, this post quoted below is exactly the kind of post that lends to the tribal mentality that can make this forum a very unwelcoming place to be.

I do not intend to turn this thread into a slanging match but Walton is being honest. I started this thread to let Skips detractors know the man he is and not what is perceived by some posters. How many so called REDS would lend and give a man cash and buy the mans kids presents when they didn't even know the man. I call him a man but he has even stopped corresponding with Skip. Finally Walton is 100% correct about certain posters steering clear of the thread.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #612: Feb 12, 2015 07:50:30 pm
      I do not intend to turn this thread into a slanging match but Walton is being honest. I started this thread to let Skips detractors know the man he is and not what is perceived by some posters. How many so called REDS would lend and give a man cash and buy the mans kids presents when they didn't even know the man. I call him a man but he has even stopped corresponding with Skip. Finally Walton is 100% correct about certain posters steering clear of the thread.
      Be careful about making generalizations, just because someone hasn't posted in this thread doesn't mean they haven't PM'ed him. Not to mention some people don't even know this thread exists. Some folks like me maybe only visit threads they've posted in. The only time I see new threads sometimes is when I've waded through all of the others that Ive already posted in.

I'll just leave it at that and stand by my opinion that Walton's post was unnecessary and in no way helpful to the supposed problem that he himself decries.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #613: Feb 12, 2015 07:54:20 pm
      How many so called REDS would lend and give a man cash and buy the mans kids presents when they didn't even know the man. I call him a man but he has even stopped corresponding with Skip.

It's back a few years now but If I remember the post correctly, he thanked him for the presents but said something along the lines of "they don't want to be named but I want to thank them" and even thanked his wife.

Warmed the cockles it did, nice to know that skip was the benefactor after all this time.

Karma's a bi*ch.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #614: Feb 12, 2015 07:58:20 pm
      There has not been much agreement between me and eurored recently, and I was not a fan of the I-am-old-and-from-Liverpool-so-I-can-say-whatever-I-want attitude. You know... someone criticize a manager I like: you don't understand the Liverpool way, I was there in the 60s; I criticize a manager I don't like: I am just being honest, how dare you question my support? I didn't take very well that thing about diminishing non-scouse fans a couple of months ago either. But anyway, it's terrible when people make things personal and transform disagreements into abuse (though I have not seen it myself as I have not participated in many debates recently).  It sucks to lose a member who have been here before no matter if I agree with him or not and I surely wish him well in his personal life - was genuinely happy when I heard about him doing better in this very thread.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #615: Feb 12, 2015 09:01:14 pm
      Only just come across this thread and am so sad to hear that one of our finest 'old boys' has decided to call it a day regarding forum posting.
      From the 'little secret' Billy1 told us about it's evident he has a heart of gold of gold and also health concerns so having to put up with 'petulant little f**king blow ins stamping their feet' as LFCexiled puts it can certainly put people off, I know I post a lot less than I used to for the same reasons as LFCexiled states but they're not going to stop me.

Skip will be missed most by the people who held him in high esteem and I'll bet thats more than than the people who've had a go at him !!
      Hope you get well Soon Skip and remember 'Don't let the bas**rds grind you down'.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #616: Feb 12, 2015 09:03:12 pm
      We all live in f**king hope.  Think that's about the fifth time you've promised.

YNWA Skip.

ha your part of the f***in problem you do F**k all to resolve these things you snidy little f**ker
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #617: Feb 12, 2015 09:16:52 pm
      Only just come across this thread and am so sad to hear that one of our finest 'old boys' has decided to call it a day regarding forum posting.
      From the 'little secret' Billy1 told us about it's evident he has a heart of gold of gold and also health concerns so having to put up with 'petulant little f**king blow ins stamping their feet' as LFCexiled puts it can certainly put people off, I know I post a lot less than I used to for the same reasons as LFCexiled states but they're not going to stop me.

Skip will be missed most by the people who held him in high esteem and I'll bet thats more than than the people who've had a go at him !!
      Hope you get well Soon Skip and remember 'Don't let the bas**rds grind you down'.

Illegitimae non carborundum
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #618: Feb 12, 2015 09:16:57 pm
      I'll miss his posts, even if, at times he was, to use Walton's words (albeit about someone else), a snidey little f**ker.  He gave some out, he got some back.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #619: Feb 12, 2015 09:17:27 pm
      Anyone know S@ints whereabouts?.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #620: Feb 12, 2015 09:19:17 pm
      Anyone know S@ints whereabouts?.
      For some reason I want to say that he got fed up and decided to go on hiatus but I may have imagined that.

Quick Reply