Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Aliens exist - apparently NASA cover up their visits

Read 5320 times
      Mr Topsy Turvey
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 226 posts |
      Aliens exist - apparently NASA cover up their visits
      Jul 24, 2008 10:23:33 pm
      Article

Dr Edgar Mitchell, said he was aware of several UFO visits during his career, but each one had been covered up.
      The 77-year-old, who was a crew member of the Apollo 14 mission, said sources at the space agency had described aliens as resembling "little people who look strange to us".
      Dr Mitchell told Kerrang! Radio that human technology was "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and had they been hostile, he warned: "We would be been gone by now".
      He said: "There's not much question at all that there's life throughout the universe, we are not alone at all. I'm most assured about that.
      "Have we been able to identify where the other planets are? No, certainly not in our Solar System but we have been able to identify quite a number of planets that could be life bearing planets.
      "I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real.
      "It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.
      "I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes – we have been visited.
      "Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."
      Dr Mitchell, along with Apollo 14 Commander Alan Shepard, still holds the record for the longest ever moonwalking session at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.
      Officials from NASA, were quick to play the comments down.
      In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.
      "Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue."
      -------------------------------------
      I can't see why NASA would feel the need to cover up any visits from "intelligent" life, just tell us they are there and end the rumours.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Re: Aliens exist - apparently NASA cover up their visits
      Reply #1: Jul 24, 2008 10:34:05 pm
      Been watching Transformers a little too much me thinks ;D :D ;)
      Mr Topsy Turvey
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 226 posts |
      Reply #2: Jul 24, 2008 10:37:34 pm
      There must be something out there somewhere - but I don't think that we will ever find them, because they would be too far away that the images of them we receive would be from thousands of years ago, so they could be dead by the time we think we have found them - if I make any sense there
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3: Jul 24, 2008 10:40:08 pm
      "little people who look strange to us".

and goes by the name of carlos tevez :D
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #4: Jul 25, 2008 12:12:18 am
      I read somewhere that there are millions of similar planets like our own, capable of holding life of some sort and somebody has bothered to work out that the average distance between these possible life bearing planets in the whole of the known universe was roughly 200 light years apart. That's just the average. So unless they've got a time machine or some other way of crossing such an awesome and vast amount of space, way beyond our comprehension, which is something like travelling at 186,000 miles a SECOND for 200 YEARS......imagine the number of little chefs you'd go past

So if an alien life form managed to be near enough to us and at such a level of sophistication as to be able to take on such a journey they could view our planet and decide to come here. They might be expecting horses and carts, the french revolution and all that but by the time they'd get here they'd have Robbie Williams waiting for them in the californian desert.They'd have to travel at some speed as well and would have to either have a life expectancy of more than 200 years or breed on the way and let there great great grand alien children arrive on their behalf........

I believe there may be life out there but getting in contact is going to be difficult but not impossible.

one thing to note, is why do aliens never reveal themselves to the general public? It's always in secret to government organisations or popping down in dark lanes to abduct drivers. It's never out in the open infront of everyone like say at a premiership game?

If it was going to take ages to get here you would probably try and take over. When the portugese, Spanish and English sailed to the Americas they didn't get there and hide, seen by only a minority.... they took over and made it their own. :'(
      « Last Edit: Jul 25, 2008 12:16:59 am by LondonRed »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #5: Jul 25, 2008 12:14:37 am
      did'nt some guy claim to be abducted by aliens whilst he was in the woods or something and was missing for a week?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Jul 25, 2008 12:34:23 am
      did'nt some guy claim to be abducted by aliens whilst he was in the woods or something and was missing for a week?

Fire In The Sky. Travis Walton.

Life obviously exists other than here. It's just that nobody can prove it. Yet.

If you think of how many galaxies there is in space, each containing planets that nobody knows about, who's to say there isn't life out there. That can't be proved either.

As for Aliens, they only exist if you see one.  ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #7: Jul 25, 2008 01:11:41 am
      If there is life on other planets and in different galaxies then they are probably thinking exactly the same as us as to whether there is life out there
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #8: Jul 25, 2008 12:12:18 pm
      I think it's obvious that life exists on other planets in the universe. The fact that scientists cannot even calculate the size of the thing is one reason - it's so massive we think of it as infinite, even if that's surely not possible, it's just we can't imagine what there is if you get to the end! :D Is it one massive loop, if you carry on going do you eventually get back to where you started? God only knows, if you blieve in him that is! ;)

But - there's a massive difference between life and "intelligent" life. A slug is alive, as are bacteria, but you wouldn't (and couldn't) communicate with them. Dinosaurs ruled the earth at one time, but they wouldn't make head or tail of the messages we're sending out! Is there other intelligent life, comparable to ours? It seems unlikely, but not impossible. It has probably happened in the past and will probably happen in the future. But the idea of such a life existing at the same time as us, reaching the same (or slightly higher) point of evolution as us, and wanting to contact us all at once seem minimal. Especially seeing as they would need to be quite close (relatively speaking, that is!), to receive our messages or to stumble upon us!

I love science fiction, and it's interesting to try and imagine the many diverse forms of life that exist - some of the things must be utterly mind-boggling! - but I do think that's the closest we will get. If I'm proved wrong then I do hope they're more like E.T. than H.R. Geiger's Alien!

One last point - scientists have speculated that life could exist underneath the ice-cap on Jupiter's moon Europa, where closer to the centre of the moon the ice could melt, forming water (H2O), something we consider vital to all forms of life. Does anyone know if this has since been disproven? It is quite exciting to think life could exist in our own solar system, though whether this would be aquatic life forms or simple bacteria I have no idea. I have a feeling that the theory was that the life would be so far beneath the surface of the ice that we'd never be able to tunnel so deep to find out, but maybe it's something I remember from all the science fiction novels I read as a teenager!
      Evilone
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 159 posts | -1 
      Reply #9: Jul 25, 2008 12:25:55 pm
      Nasa has taken som intressting pictures on Mars, but now days you do not know if they are fake or really,
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #10: Jul 25, 2008 03:33:06 pm
      So unless they've got a time machine or some other way of crossing such an awesome and vast amount of space, way beyond our comprehension, which is something like travelling at 186,000 miles a SECOND for 200 YEARS......imagine the number of little chefs you'd go past

How would anyone actually know that though? ok I get it's like really big and that but if what your saying is even remotely true then there must be some sort of checkpoint on each planet.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Jul 25, 2008 05:59:47 pm
      Interesting debate this one! I for one dont think they are from outer space !!IF THEY ARE HERE!! Because of the vast distances involved and the current rules and laws of physics it is near impossible for any space fairing civilisation to travel those distances. As objects get closer to the speed of light their mass increases meaning they become heavier, this is one of Einsteins laws which holds true. So if an object or spaceship was even to reach the speed of light it would become infinately heavy meaning that it would weigh the same amount as all the matter in the universe. However I do hold to the theory that if Aliens were visiting our planet which is a possiblity however remote the evidence points too, they wouldnt be Extra Terrestrial they would be Extra Dimensional. With physics now proving that there are in fact 11 dimensions its not inconcivable that other lifeforms could have evolved in these other dimensions and with the laws of physics not pertaining to inter dimensional travel it could be that these lifeforms could have found a way to travel within these dimensions.

F***ing HELL MY BRAIN HURTS I need to take a tablet be right back!!!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #12: Jul 25, 2008 11:37:30 pm
      Interesting debate this one! I for one dont think they are from outer space !!IF THEY ARE HERE!! Because of the vast distances involved and the current rules and laws of physics it is near impossible for any space fairing civilisation to travel those distances. As objects get closer to the speed of light their mass increases meaning they become heavier, this is one of Einsteins laws which holds true. So if an object or spaceship was even to reach the speed of light it would become infinately heavy meaning that it would weigh the same amount as all the matter in the universe. However I do hold to the theory that if Aliens were visiting our planet which is a possiblity however remote the evidence points too, they wouldnt be Extra Terrestrial they would be Extra Dimensional. With physics now proving that there are in fact 11 dimensions its not inconcivable that other lifeforms could have evolved in these other dimensions and with the laws of physics not pertaining to inter dimensional travel it could be that these lifeforms could have found a way to travel within these dimensions.

F***ing HELL MY BRAIN HURTS I need to take a tablet be right back!!!

Very interesting theory prag and one I never really thought of but I have to say I am a firm believer that we are not alone as the universe is just too immense for our planet to be the ONLY one to contain life form.  And the so called "Big Bang" a one off? who knows!
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #13: Jul 26, 2008 12:08:58 am
      If you rewind time about 200 years and tell someone about cellphones they'll piss themselves laughing and tell you its impossible. The type of technology being discussed here is "impossible" too to us. Who knows how much of a head start these intelligent life forms have had on us to research their technology since they were supposed to have built the pyramids and done other stuff thats referenced in ancient history? For us to be able to travel to other galaxies is only a matter of time IMO.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #14: Jul 27, 2008 11:25:47 pm
      How would anyone actually know that though? ok I get it's like really big and that but if what your saying is even remotely true then there must be some sort of checkpoint on each planet.

checkpoint to measure the distance?
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #15: Jul 28, 2008 12:05:32 am
      If you rewind time about 200 years and tell someone about cellphones they'll piss themselves laughing and tell you its impossible. The type of technology being discussed here is "impossible" too to us. Who knows how much of a head start these intelligent life forms have had on us to research their technology since they were supposed to have built the pyramids and done other stuff thats referenced in ancient history? For us to be able to travel to other galaxies is only a matter of time IMO.

I think it may well be possible to travel larger distances in the future but just to travel to the far end of our solar system and get back would be an immense achievement. At present, human objects like the Voyager 1 and 2 spacecrafts have been sent out to Uranus and Pluto and taken 9 and 12 years respectively, it's something in the region of 6 billion kilometres away.

I read somwhere that if you made a model solar system to scale in an open space, say in a large field ,with the earth reduced to the size of a pea, Jupiter would be over 300 metres away and Pluto would have to be placed 2 and a half kilometres away..On the same scale our next nearest star, Proxima Centauri would be 16,000 kilometres away. At some point we may have the technology and means to travel further but even if we could travel in 200 years way beyond our expectations,where do you start looking? The universe is huge.

Other life may well be out there but intelligent life such as what's needed to get about and find us in 2008 is pretty unlikely i think

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008 12:08:52 am by LondonRed »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #16: Jul 28, 2008 12:50:18 am
      For all what the human brain has come to learn and be proven since studies began, that's only just our understanding though isn't it? The human race?

I've learned over the years to try my best to keep an open mind because you can think about the this and thats and end up with a severe headache.

I don't dismiss that there is intelligent life out there somewhere, but the evidence as we know it to show anything or anyone coming to visit is very minimal. So we're told.........

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #17: Jul 28, 2008 10:20:51 am
      The way I look at it! :D If we're here off some fantastic reaction from some rocks and matter blowing up, then it has more than likely happened elsewhere. It may be happening somewhere right now too! :D

The world really is such a small place if you think of how big our planet is in comparison to other planets knocking about this galaxy with us, i.e. Mars. Then think of the whole galaxy and the size of that. And we're just a small galaxy in a series other galaxies, i.e. the milky way! This only makes me think one thing....

Astronomers didn't half love chocolate! ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #18: Jul 28, 2008 11:19:36 am
      This only makes me think one thing....

Astronomers didn't half love chocolate! ;)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #19: Jul 28, 2008 01:38:33 pm
      checkpoint to measure the distance?

Ok marker or an actual point in which we can measure from, else I could just say "Well I think it's about 200 light years away, prove me wrong"

;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Jul 06, 2009 02:32:30 pm
      I'm a big believer in life outside of our own solar system, considering when you imagine how many solar systems are just in our galaxy alone added to the fact there are infinite numbers of galaxy's with planets orbiting sun's in the goldie locks zone. Thats the term they use for a planet been just the right distance from the sun not too near not too far but just right to support to life and an eco system just like our every own.

If life has evolved on any of these planets quicker than it did on our own then I don't see why in a technological sense they could not be light years ahead of us in development of crafts that can travel the vasts amount of space, maybe they have explored worm holes, or manged to bend the fabric of space thus shortening the journeys they would have to undertake, both realistic propositions that scientists are looking at today here on earth.

There are indications all through our history referring to objects in the sky from cave drawings from Neanderthal man, sculptures by the Mayans  the Nascar lines in Peru, the pyramids in Egypt, it has even been suggested by leading UFO ologists that their is the possibility of Aliens interfering with our genes (although their is no direct evidence to this)  thus speeding up our evolutionary process.

I am also skeptical to a sense of being wary of anything that gets reported near any Us Air Force Base as they have been flying black projects such as the u2 bomber, the blue bird, the stealth bomber and the stealth fighter for years before they were eventually revealed to the public and there will most likely be a hell of a lot more that they tested that did not make it into production stages. I have also noticed over the years the flying saucer in America has changed from a disk shape to a triangular shape in that time. That also points to black projects in my mind. At the moment the Us Air force are to be believed to be flying another black project called the Aurora that can reach any where in the world within 3 hours, it's believed to use a pulse detonation engine that leaves a knots in a rope like exhaust fume that current aircraft are not able to perform these have been photographed around the world.

Its also known that around the time of the Roswell New Mexico incident the American Government and the CIA were flying high altitude reconnaissance balloons over the Soviets and the Chinese. The CIA used the resent spate of UFO sightings to their advantage by encouraging people to come forward with their sightings and even setting up a committee to investigate every sighting, although they never included pilots sightings may be because they were too credible and harder to debunk. The CIA did quite well in their misdirection of admitting concern over the UFO'S as it was most likely what they were flying that was being seen in most cases but with going public about being concerned that allowed them to fly over the Soviets and China basically unchallenged. I do not believe it was a UFO that crashed at Roswell i believe it was a High Altitude Reconnaissance Balloon.

So as you can see I am a believer but I am also sensible enough to be skeptical of certain things, I for one believe there is life out there it would be ignorant of me to think their was not. What remains to be seen is are they more advanced than us in a technological & evolutionary sense, until they announce that they are here in front of the world media or we find them ourselves in our exploration of the cosmos I'm open minded as to their technological capacities. I would love it to be true if it brought an increase in Technology on space flight, could you Imagine holidaying on another planet in another galaxy it would be awesome.

Black projects: Does the Aurora exist?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Jul 06, 2009 02:50:45 pm
      Yeah why not? Why can't there be life elsewhere in the universe?

It would certainly F**k up the 'Creationist' argument....for a while anyhow: until they re-interpret the Bible along the lines of "What it meant to say was..."  :angel:

I'm none to sure about any 'alien' life forms having visited Earth or indeed, the ability for anyone to cover-up such visits but that's not to say there's no life out there.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: Jul 06, 2009 06:28:51 pm
      Ive no problem believing theres aliens in the universe but why do we have to assume they are more advanced and intelligent then us?

Quick Reply