Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The Robbie (His name ISN'T Keano) Keane thread

Read 108788 times
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Re: Robbie Keane player thread
      Reply #69: Jul 29, 2008 07:10:30 pm
      Robbie Keane will be a fantastic player for us. him and torres up front together will score 50 goals between them.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #70: Jul 29, 2008 08:02:27 pm
      Lot of Money for a 28yr old but the proof will be in our final position come seasons end, if someone had said we would sign keene in the close season I'd have told you Spurs would never let him go but what do I know. Welcome Robbie and have a good season, now all we need is a Barry and a Bentley and we'll be ready for the coming season...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #71: Jul 29, 2008 09:32:54 pm
      Lot of Money for a 28yr old but the proof will be in our final position come seasons end

i dont think it is a lot of money when you take into account the prices players like darren bent are going for these days. he is a proven premier league goal scorer, can play up front, support striker and on the wing, gets his fair share of assists and has very good work rate. however i entirley agree with you that the proof will be come the seasons end
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #72: Jul 29, 2008 09:58:21 pm
      Daniel Levy said he was forced to sell Keane to Liverpool...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #73: Jul 29, 2008 09:59:38 pm

i think he is just sour because he has lost one of his best players and is left with darren bent to partner berbatov :D
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #74: Jul 29, 2008 10:00:44 pm

He's just bitter Keane wanted to go especially after he tried to accuse us of "tapping the player up"
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #75: Jul 29, 2008 10:04:06 pm
      Liverpool gave a donation to their charity as well
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #76: Jul 29, 2008 10:04:52 pm
      He's just bitter Keane wanted to go especially after he tried to accuse us of "tapping the player up"
      Yes, Levy said it. Every one knew Robbie was our fan since his childhood and wanted to leave. So what is left to Levy is to accuse us for backstairs.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #77: Jul 29, 2008 10:06:38 pm
      Yes, Levy said it. Every one knew Robbie was our fan since his childhood and wanted to leave. So what is left to Levy is to accuse us for backstairs.

alessio, I've really missed you !!  Whats backstairs ??  Do you mean backstabbers ??  ;)
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #78: Jul 29, 2008 10:11:47 pm

Mark Kennedy??!
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #79: Jul 29, 2008 10:12:13 pm
      alessio, I've really missed you !!  Whats backstairs ??  Do you mean backstabbers ??  ;)
      ;D bless her though
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #80: Jul 29, 2008 10:21:03 pm

I only use my dictionary, MsG. It may be not so good as I see. Sorry.  ;) May you try to me to explain what backstabbers are, please!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #81: Jul 29, 2008 10:21:52 pm
      I only use my dictionary, MsG. It may be not so good as I see. Sorry.  ;) May you try to me to explain what backstabbers are, please!

:lmao:  this is smigger, not MsG !  ;)  What word are you looking for alessio ??
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #82: Jul 29, 2008 10:24:15 pm
      just thought I would post a little reminder of what spurs have just lost so if there are any spurs fans watching................ ...ENJOY!  :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv27IhvOqm8&NR=1

I cant wait for the season to start so that we can see the famous celebration in the famous shirt with a famous number!
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #83: Jul 29, 2008 10:26:00 pm
      I think you have heard about it and I give another opportunity to read it again...
      Rush: Torres Will Love King Keano

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=795597

Rush: Torres Will Love King Keano
      Liverpool legend Ian Rush believes the arrival of Robbie Keane from Tottenham Hotspur will only push Spain striker Fernando Torres to new levels of greatnessā€¦

The Reds yesterday completed their biggest signing of the summer so far, prising Keane away from White Hart Lane for Ā£19million (plus potential add-ons).

The Irishman will tussle with the likes of Ryan Babel and Dirk Kuyt for a place in Liverpoolā€™s forward-line, although whether he will partner Torres in a tradition pairing or play off the Spaniardā€™s shoulder in a four-man attack remains to be seen.

Either way, Rush is adamant that Keane will form a formidable understanding with Torres, and compared the former Internazionale man to Kop great Kenny Dalglish - an honour he also bestowed upon Manchester United's Wayne Rooney recently.

ā€œHe scores goals but he creates a lot too and that will be good for Liverpool,ā€ the Welshman was quoted as saying in The Sun.

ā€œI really loved playing with Kenny because he always knew when to feed the ball to me.

ā€œKeane can play that role for Liverpool because he has good vision and a good sense of the space around him. That will suit Torres to the ground.

ā€œItā€™s his hold-up play that is the key because he can bring Torres even more into the game. He can bring the best out of his tea
      « Last Edit: Jul 29, 2008 10:30:50 pm by smigger15 »
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #84: Jul 29, 2008 10:30:15 pm
      Another nugget of info. Robbie Keane's cousin, Jason Byrne played with Robbie Fowler at Cardiff City.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #85: Jul 29, 2008 10:31:16 pm
      Torres and gerrard were formidable last season so throw keane into the mix and maybe even silva and the quadrouple is ours ;)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #86: Jul 29, 2008 10:31:55 pm
      just thought I would post a little reminder of what spurs have just lost so if there are any spurs fans watching................ ...ENJOY!  :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv27IhvOqm8&NR=1

I cant wait for the season to start so that we can see the famous celebration in the famous shirt with a famous number!

Your so cruel Kenny !!  But fun  ;)  >:D >:D
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #87: Jul 29, 2008 10:32:28 pm
      :lmao:  this is smigger, not MsG !  ;)  What word are you looking for alessio ??
      Sorry again, smigger! Last time I become less attentive, it may be because  it's late now in Belarus, time to sleep. Hope you forgive me!
      I don't know the meaning of the word backstabbers. I found The word Backstairs in my dictionary. How to explain? The synonym given with backstairs backstreet intrigues. So you need to know Russian to help me in that case.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #88: Jul 29, 2008 10:35:05 pm
      Sorry again, smigger! Last time I become less attentive, it may be because  it's late now in Belarus, time to sleep. Hope you forgive me!
      I don't know the meaning of the word backstabbers. I found The word Backstairs in my dictionary. How to explain? The synonym given with backstairs backstreet intrigues. So you need to know Russian to help me in that case.

I'll have to have a think about that one alessio !!  Have a good nights sleep, good night   :sleeping-smiley-011:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #89: Jul 29, 2008 10:35:46 pm
      Your so cruel Kenny !!  But fun  ;)  >:D >:D

;D ;D it had to be done :D

keane also has a good level of pace so that should also help our attack. now all we need is silva

i cant believe people are saying he will hardly play, ffs why would rafa pay 19m for a player he does'nt view as a vital player of the team. especially when funds are limited.

Sunderland 0 - 6 lfc torres 3, keane 3 ;) you heard it here 1st ;) :D
      SPARKYMARKY
      • Forum David Johnson

• 214 posts |
      • ian rush sent kendall to the bottle
      Reply #90: Jul 29, 2008 10:46:10 pm
      Rafa was right on sky by saying we bought him for his workrate , INTELLIGANCE & GOALS ,  Robbie in my opinion is the one nearest thing to king kenny in his era , the whole team will benefit from his style of play , i think he will fit in very quickly , a very good buy rafa , although his age 28 might put people in saying a lot of money for that age of a player , but you put king kenny at the same age in the same era , simple any club would pay that kind of money ... good luck robbie , your best years are too come .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #91: Jul 29, 2008 10:50:00 pm
      Well i for one dont like to get carried away because we have heard it before ,you know the quotes i came because i love Liverpool and i want to give my best. but i do believe in Keane we have a player who will give it his all and just might be that missing link in the tight games we have been drawing ,welcome Robbie and if you are half as genuine as you sound in youre interview i do believe we are onto a winner ,here,s looking forward to kick off and i for one cant wait , look forward to seeing Fernando and Keane together i can see another bit of history being added to number 7.

Quick Reply