Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Peter Crouch (Striker)

Read 68467 times
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Re: Peter Crouch (Striker)
      Reply #92: Mar 31, 2007 04:31:22 pm

:-*
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #93: Mar 31, 2007 05:12:00 pm
      He may not be the be all and end all when it comes to strikers but you can't fault his effort or skill.
      Crouchy does his fair share both as a support striker (ie holding the ball up for other players to run on or laying off balls to team mates). Equally he has the ability to pull rabbits out of hats with classy strikes. His ball control and footwork is excellent for someone who's all arms and legs! I beleive he will become better if he stays at Liverpool, he is already a handful for most defences so, with improved heading and finishing he will be well worth his transfer fee.

As I've said before Crouchy is a decent player and I wish people would give credit where it's due - the guy scored a Hat-trick today and still people (inc. Liverpool fans - or so they claim) slag him off / want us to sell him!  ??? If his performance today after 3 weeks out isn't enough then I must be short-sighted or stupid or both. We will only ever have one Peter Crouch (for all his arms and legs - and vision, skill and goals) and until the day arrives that he can't hit a barn door with a banjo be grateful for what he does in a RED shirt. (He bangs his fist on table then storms out of room!)
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #94: Mar 31, 2007 05:18:13 pm
      As I've said before Crouchy is a decent player and I wish people would give credit where it's due - the guy scored a Hat-trick today and still people (inc. Liverpool fans - or so they claim) slag him off / want us to sell him!  ??? If his performance today after 3 weeks out isn't enough then I must be short-sighted or stupid or both. We will only ever have one Peter Crouch (for all his arms and legs - and vision, skill and goals) and until the day arrives that he can't hit a barn door with a banjo be grateful for what he does in a RED shirt. (He bangs his fist on table then storms out of room!)

Hehe! Great! Well said!!

:)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #95: Mar 31, 2007 06:29:07 pm
      Chuffed for him today like, he had a brilliant game. I still haven't changed my mind about him though. I'll only do that if he does similar to what he done today, week in week out. He was deadly today! Well done Crouchy!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #96: Mar 31, 2007 08:11:02 pm
      I still haven't changed my mind about him though. I'll only do that if he does similar to what he done today, week in week out.
      Proves my point... Too much is never enough - some people don't know which side their bread is buttered on. (He shakes his head in disbelief.)  :(
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #97: Apr 01, 2007 12:03:20 am
      Chuffed for him today like, he had a brilliant game. I still haven't changed my mind about him though. I'll only do that if he does similar to what he done today, week in week out. He was deadly today! Well done Crouchy!

The BIG man can do it week in week out (the difference today was he got the service from the flanks)
      Aurelio, Pennant and Arbeloa work the flanks well.

Crouch only 16 starts this season
      has scored a total seven goals in his last seven appearances

And the perfect hatrick (head and shoulders above our other other three) ;)
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #98: Apr 01, 2007 02:04:06 am
      if they ever make a new hee man movie crouch would be perfect as skellitor. he would obviously have to put some weight on first tho hehe..... (a good bacon sandwich would kill him )
          i as said crouch is our main striker proved it again against arsenal if only he had some pace about him i loved his third goal well crafted he has a great touch for a big man
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #99: Apr 01, 2007 04:23:40 am
      Proves my point... Too much is never enough - some people don't know which side their bread is buttered on. (He shakes his head in disbelief.)  :(

Some people meaning me RED? I do know which side my bread is buttered on. It's the side where strikers for Liverpool take their chances week in week out. In doing so, will make a higher points tally to the top of the league. Our points tally at this moment is a lot to do with missed chances up front this season, otherwise we would be a lot closer to Chelsea and the mancs. I don't forget the simple headers, knock-ins he could of scored. I don't think I have a bad opinion when I say he could have been more deadly in the past. But! I always remember how well he does. Especially today! And I did give him credit for that. I'm not slagging him off. I just don't think a game like today will make my opinion change on him.
      Only until he's being consistant.

The BIG man can do it week in week out (the difference today was he got the service from the flanks)
      Aurelio, Pennant and Arbeloa work the flanks well.

I've seen a good few crosses come over to Crouch this season and he's cushioned a header rather than plant it like he did today Venison! I want him to do it week in week out!
      Hopefully from now on, I'll be proved wrong eh? Let's see how deadly he will be until the end of the season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #100: Apr 01, 2007 06:31:37 am
      I put my hand up, I knocked Crouchies heading ability, but his 2nd today was a bullet.....maybe he has been taking lessons of Garcia afterall ;)...hope you keep it up Crouchy...well done today mate.
      riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #101: Apr 01, 2007 10:25:35 am
      hopefully this could be the start of a more prolific crouch. if he scored a few more a season we'd be looking at a world class striker. keep it up pete
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #102: Apr 01, 2007 11:52:09 am
      No it's not enough, and for me the Jury is still out for Crouchy.  Yes he's scored a few spectaculars, but as I've said before in previous posts, we haven't had a 20+ goal a season striker since Michael. Crouch can't head a ball either...... How's that?  He's 6ft7 for Christ's sake!! He may give us options, but he needs to get a decent run in the team too instead of been dropped all the time.

One more season for Crouchy or if we can get good money for him, sell his ass!!  ;)

Well, after that superb hatrick.. I've eaten my words!!  :-X :-X :-X Let's see if he can get a run in the side untill the end ofthe season and produce some more of the same form.

Well done Crouchy!!
      ASF
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 96 posts |
      • Lets get a kitty
      Reply #103: Apr 01, 2007 03:43:01 pm
      I am a big fan of Peter Crouch.  Ever since he first signed he clearly had great technical ability for such a tall bloke and even when he went all those games without scoring, he created a lot of chances for others and most important of all.... he NEVER loses his confidence and ALWAYS gives 100% to the team!

IMO we would be fools to sell him.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #104: Apr 01, 2007 03:51:43 pm
      Plain and simple, Peter Crouch was never bought to be a 20 goal a season striker. He was bought as a player who can hold the ball up & bring others into play, which personally I feel he does better than anyone else in the premiership. This isn't the type of player we need in every match, but it is a player we need in our squad. Until we can find someone who can do that job better than him he has to stay. Being the type of player he is, he shouldn't be expected to score that many, more to be setting his team mates up. However take a look at his ratio, 0.42 goals per game. This is the best ratio at the club this season, and whilst not good enough for an out & out striker, that is f#cking prolific for a hold up man. A lot of people unfortunately will never get their head round the fact that he doesn't look like a footballer, and no matter what he does he won't convince these people. All I'll say is just keep on knocking him, cos every time you do he answers you back in style.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #105: Apr 01, 2007 04:09:40 pm
      I've seen a good few crosses come over to Crouch this season and he's cushioned a header rather than plant it like he did today Venison! I want him to do it week in week out!
      Hopefully from now on, I'll be proved wrong eh? Let's see how deadly he will be until the end of the season.

Don't disagree with your words RedKenny maybe just the order there in, I`ve seen a few good crosses come over to crouch the difference yesterday was quality balls into the box unfortunately not from Gonzo, however Aurelio played out of his skin and Arbeloa brought the best out of Pennant and for that alone probably deserves the right back position against PSV, or though I think Rafa might put Stevie on the right, (who knows besides Rafa), thats the beauty of the game, everyone has different opinions of players and performances. and I hope you are proved wrong because hopefully that will mean we will continue winning, however Saturday was a team performance and they all need to perform week in week out.

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #106: Apr 01, 2007 04:35:48 pm
      Agree with you Vension saying Arbeloa deserves the call up against PSV. The thing with Finnan is he only links well with Carragher or Reina but Arbeloa linked well with Pennant and even Crouch at times! Arbeloa is a proper full back LFC need. Finnan is good but does not bring pace down that flank and Pennant can't link with him like we saw yesterday!

Crouch was amazing yesterday, if he could score every chance he gets like that he would be top goal scorer
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #107: Apr 01, 2007 07:26:37 pm
      Don't disagree with your words RedKenny maybe just the order there in, I`ve seen a few good crosses come over to crouch the difference yesterday was quality balls into the box unfortunately not from Gonzo, however Aurelio played out of his skin and Arbeloa brought the best out of Pennant and for that alone probably deserves the right back position against PSV, or though I think Rafa might put Stevie on the right, (who knows besides Rafa), thats the beauty of the game, everyone has different opinions of players and performances. and I hope you are proved wrong because hopefully that will mean we will continue winning, however Saturday was a team performance and they all need to perform week in week out.

Well said mate. Believe me, I want to be proved wrong. I don't dislike Crouch. All I was saying was my opinion of him hasn't changed because of the blinder he played yesterday. I'd love him to do the biz like that all the time, (especially the way he headed that ball for the second) - only because of some of the chances he's missed through the season. Of course, he's not the only striker who's been guilty of this, I'm not singling him out. But this is the Peter Crouch opinion thread.
      Also, when I said let's see how deadly he can be for the rest of the season, I was saying that in hopeful terms. Because like you rightly pointed out, the quality of the balls being crossed into the box were beautiful yesterday!
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #108: Apr 01, 2007 07:54:25 pm
      same here i sometimes critisized him for headers ,being that tall.........hope he proves me wrong every week ,,he was great yesterday .around the likes of gallas and toure..................a nd as said in previous posts in this thread he was well  served from the flanks ,,something not frequently done,,,so keep  it up crouchy and prove me wrong every week
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #109: Apr 03, 2007 01:00:22 pm
      his heading is generally poor but he was awesome against the gooners, leave crouchie alone he's sound
      Paolo
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #110: Apr 03, 2007 03:36:27 pm
      Vennegoor of Hesselink ?? Keep him away of my eyes !!
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #111: Apr 03, 2007 04:29:01 pm
      Vennegoor of Hesselink ?? Keep him away of my eyes !!

Why? Is he trying to steal them?

;D
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #112: Apr 03, 2007 10:28:30 pm
      Crouch....4 goals in 2 games? Now where are those doubters now? Show yourselves! The lad did great....gonna give Terry the sweats in the semi finals....
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #113: Apr 03, 2007 11:06:23 pm
      Some people meaning me RED?
      Only until he's being consistent.
      The Big Man strikes again - 4 goals in 2 matches and no-one likes seeing him and the boys doing well more than me (Except you lot I guess!!)  ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2007 11:09:07 pm by RED1028 »
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #114: Apr 03, 2007 11:07:34 pm
      The Big Man strikes again - 4 goals in 2 matches and no-one likes seeing him and the boys doing well.
      (Except you lot I guess!!)  ;)

Finallly scoring with his head! God made him tall for a reason :laugh:

Quick Reply