Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Jay Spearing

Read 100218 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Jay Spearing Player Thread
      Reply #230: May 09, 2010 03:44:17 pm
      Hopefully the ugly b***ard can play a big role in bringing Leicester up to the prem! :D
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #231: May 09, 2010 04:32:02 pm
      I Was quietly impressed by young Jay today, thought he had a steady game,have to say as well Jack Hobbs looks a decent player, may have made a mistake selling hin.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #232: May 09, 2010 04:47:39 pm
      Good to see he's been given a chance in the play-off's. He will be able to gain a great bit of experience playing in front of such a pumped out crowd.

Unfortunately Leicester got beat 1-0 today by Cardiff.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #233: May 09, 2010 08:55:16 pm
      Unfortunately Leicester got beat 1-0 today by Cardiff.

Still got the return leg those Cas. Might be a chance for Jay and Jackie Hobbs to get promoted.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #234: May 09, 2010 09:01:44 pm
      Still got the return leg those Cas. Might be a chance for Jay and Jackie Hobbs to get promoted.

Hope so Billy, Leicester were at home today though and I'm guessing it will be tougher over in Cardiff.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #235: May 10, 2010 01:02:15 am
      Wont seem right if Cardiff make it to the Premiership, bad enough they are in the Championship! Spearing to turn it around though ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #236: May 10, 2010 07:15:00 am
      If they do there's a chance he can play in a Premiership club and show what he's got should they want him back (and from the sounds of it they do).
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #237: Jul 30, 2010 09:23:02 am
      Got 90 min yesterday no? In the game-thread peoples judgement went from "He is lost" to "very impressive". How do people think he did?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #238: Sep 16, 2010 10:25:05 pm
      A very good all round performance tonight from Jay and my MOTM.

He passed well and also got back to defend when needed and was always trying to move the ball.

The one thing that has always stood out when I've seen him play is that he is always looking for the ball and more importantly he always seems to look for a forward pass if it's on.

Well played!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #239: Sep 17, 2010 12:17:30 am
      A midfielder doing well in both halves of the pitch, what the F**k is going on?

Quality performance from Jay, don't see why he's not good enough if Poulsen is. Jay done everything Poulsen would of and then a million times F***ing more.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #240: Sep 18, 2010 12:34:24 am
      A midfielder doing well in both halves of the pitch, what the f**k is going on?

Quality performance from Jay, don't see why he's not good enough if Poulsen is. Jay done everything Poulsen would of and then a million times f**king more.

This. After seeing him play like that you'd think he was the one who had been around for ages not Poulsen.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #241: Sep 18, 2010 01:22:09 am
      Thought he had his best game in a reds shirt the other night, broke play up well and used the ball with decent passing.

Agree with previous posts...makes the Poulsen signing even more shocking  :o
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #242: Sep 18, 2010 02:09:43 am
      Easily MOTM for me.

Did not put a foot wrong for 90 minutes.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #243: Sep 18, 2010 01:13:23 pm
      The game on Thursday was his best with the Liverpool first team. I hope for him it can continue and it is going to have to if he wants to break in ahead of Poulson, Lucas, Meireles and Gerrard.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #244: Sep 22, 2010 11:54:37 pm
      Been in the first team plenty of times now.

Sorry to say, just doesn't cut the mustard.

Truly baffling that you get rid of Aquilani and keep players like Spearing.

Shelvey showed more in 20 minutes than Spearing has in his entire Liverpool career.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #245: Sep 23, 2010 12:07:04 am
      Have to agree. Such a shame as well. A local lad who showed promising signs during his time in the reserves. He just doesn't seem to be on the same level as Shelvey, Kelly and Pacheco.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #246: Sep 23, 2010 12:11:15 am
      I really want Spearing to do well for us. In fairness though while he has a great workrate it is not enough to make him good enough for the Liverpool first team. As was mentioned already. . . Shelvey looks the better prospect by some margin as does Suso
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #247: Sep 23, 2010 12:13:17 am
      Spearing is doing well this season, was great againts steaua. Nobody saw today's match, how do you judge him?

Jay is way better than Lucas.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #248: Sep 23, 2010 12:24:50 am
      Ive just watched the first 90 mins. Thats how I feel I can offer an opinion. He was not the only one that was poor tonight but he was poor none the less
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #249: Sep 23, 2010 01:19:26 am
      Spearing is doing well this season, was great againts steaua. Nobody saw today's match, how do you judge him?

Jay is way better than Lucas.

I've watched the whole game. Sadly, Spearing is not better than Lucas.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #250: Sep 23, 2010 01:29:24 am
      I've watched the whole game. Sadly, Spearing is not better than Lucas.

You speak the truth, unfortunately.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #251: Sep 23, 2010 01:26:01 pm
      Is it really any wonder that Shelvey is a better prospect? Shelvey has been playing regular first team football for a couple of years now not languishing in the reserves playing one or two games every season. Jay has 3 League games in 2 years, Shelvey has over 40. Shelvey has been able to develop his game and become a prospect, Jay hasn't.

I said it about Kelly the other day, if we don't allow him to develop then his progress will be halted and he won't become the player he should. Jay has probably missed the boat because he wasn't given the game time at a young enough age to develop into what he should of.

And Shelvey could very well go down the same route if he's not given enough game time over the next year or two.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #252: Sep 24, 2010 02:58:22 pm
      Is it really any wonder that Shelvey is a better prospect? Shelvey has been playing regular first team football for a couple of years now not languishing in the reserves playing one or two games every season. Jay has 3 League games in 2 years, Shelvey has over 40. Shelvey has been able to develop his game and become a prospect, Jay hasn't.

I said it about Kelly the other day, if we don't allow him to develop then his progress will be halted and he won't become the player he should. Jay has probably missed the boat because he wasn't given the game time at a young enough age to develop into what he should of.

And Shelvey could very well go down the same route if he's not given enough game time over the next year or two.
      Perfect!! And not only Shelvey, there are plenty of youngsters that don't play regularly and will miss it if this goes on. I can't understand why the club doesn't let these talents go out on loan to lower leagues and get first-team experience.

Quick Reply