Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Liverpool V Man U

Read 30945 times
      MrMacro
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts | -1 
      Re: Liverpool V Man U
      Reply #46: Sep 04, 2008 01:00:00 pm
      I haven't seen anything from Liverpool this season to suggestion that this game will be anything other than a Man U win - we are playing really poorly at the moment.   Having said that, Form usually goes out the windows in these games - they tend to be hotly contested where individual errors prove to be costly, so if we can win it, it would do immeasurable good. 

Also, I hope that Liverpool approach this encounter mentally ready, they need to have the belief that they can win this game (especially without the likes of Gerrard and Torres), and put aside recent performances where even when we've played better we've still lost.   

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #47: Sep 04, 2008 01:53:51 pm
      I haven't seen anything from Liverpool this season to suggestion that this game will be anything other than a Man U win - we are playing really poorly at the moment.   Having said that, Form usually goes out the windows in these games - they tend to be hotly contested where individual errors prove to be costly, so if we can win it, it would do immeasurable good. 

Also, I hope that Liverpool approach this encounter mentally ready, they need to have the belief that they can win this game (especially without the likes of Gerrard and Torres), and put aside recent performances where even when we've played better we've still lost.   

If Pepe continues his world class form... we could sneak it IMHO...

Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #48: Sep 04, 2008 03:59:46 pm
      I've sold my match ticket for this one! I'll be watching it in a bar in Cuba, kick off 7.45am Cuban time so I'll be starting late on the ale ;)

I expect to find a bar full of Dirty Mancs, and I hope this is the case 'cos we're due a win against these b'stards and I think we'll get it even if we don't have Torres or Gerrard. Tight game and a 2-1 win for the 'Pool, Sods law says we'll beat them some time!! If we play Keane up front I back him to score and hopefully it'll be the winner. We should go for this big time, how sweet would a tasty little lead over the Scum be with Stoke and the Bitters next up?!

Anyone attending the game should remember this simple answer when faced with a gloating in bread intent on reminding you who the current champions of Europe are, and that is "Five Times Knobhead".

So my prediction for the 13th September is as follows,

Paul Scholes will get sent off for a two footed lunge on Masch, 'cos he can't get the ball off him,
      The 'Pool will win 2-1,
      Tagget will choke on his wriggleys extra,
      Crazy Horse will Light a fine Havana Cigar, take a sip of a Mojito and mock some dirty Mancs 8)

So I'm off to the Airport in a bit, smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Stoke ;)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: Sep 04, 2008 04:55:34 pm
      Crouchino lad what has Arbeloa done to warrant your judgment of him as being in sh*t form??? I think alongside Skrtel in defence he has being our strongest characterisitc. Mate and Nani is not that frightening at all neither is old man Giggs.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #50: Sep 04, 2008 05:09:42 pm
      Arbeloa and Doss have turned into critical pieces of the puzzle to our new system

But badly depend on Pennant and Riera tracking back when they overlap... let's see how it works eh... then we will judge.

kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #51: Sep 04, 2008 06:16:24 pm
      I think we are capable of winning this one but i fear Rafa may play it negatively and cagey so i think we'll have to wait and see.  We'll most probs be very deep and defensive.  We are well overdue this win though... 
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #52: Sep 04, 2008 06:31:17 pm
      any confirmed news on Gerrards recovery? any chance on him playin against the scum?
      i remember last year, when we lost to them at Anfield. Seriously i was heartbroken, and the worst part is that 2 of my friends who were watching it with me, mocked me like hell. I want a flawless victory.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #53: Sep 04, 2008 07:09:11 pm
      Rafa said that both Torres and Gerrard are back in light training and are "10 to 12 days" before they are back.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #54: Sep 04, 2008 07:13:42 pm
      I haven't seen anything from Liverpool this season to suggestion that this game will be anything other than a Man U win - we are playing really poorly at the moment.   Having said that, Form usually goes out the windows in these games - they tend to be hotly contested where individual errors prove to be costly, so if we can win it, it would do immeasurable good. 

The only thing that suprises me is that people are acting like man u are in stunning form blowing teams away when they really arent. They are playing just as bad as us to be honest.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #55: Sep 04, 2008 07:43:08 pm
      Rafa said that both Torres and Gerrard are back in light training and are "10 to 12 days" before they are back.

That means both out of Mancs then...
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #56: Sep 04, 2008 07:49:14 pm
      Looks like it , whos going to pull the rabbit out of the hat now? Love to beat them without Gerrard and Torres would be brilliant.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #57: Sep 04, 2008 07:49:53 pm
      OR they're not as bad as being made out, with Rafa playing Fergie at is own game!!!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #58: Sep 04, 2008 07:51:31 pm
      OR they're not as bad as being made out, with Rafa playing Fergie at is own game!!!

That would be so fecking brilliant...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #59: Sep 04, 2008 07:53:30 pm
      Well we can but pray...................
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #60: Sep 04, 2008 07:55:25 pm
      Whats the bets on this.... in terms of a footballing show, will be the worst game this year
      kop1985
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 182 posts | -10 
      Reply #61: Sep 04, 2008 08:20:28 pm
      Whats the bets on this.... in terms of a footballing show, will be the worst game this year

Yep exactly what i can see on the horizon.
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #62: Sep 04, 2008 08:28:06 pm
      Unless we show the urgency and enthusiasm like we did against Arsenal in the Champions league 4-2 match which we are capable of.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #63: Sep 04, 2008 10:59:15 pm
      cant wait, i would just love to beat them

if torres and gerrard arent available:

reina

arbeloa            carra         skrtel            aurelio

mascherano
                          alonso
      kuyt                                                          benayoun

babel
                             keane
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #64: Sep 04, 2008 11:02:36 pm
      cant wait, I would just love to beat them

if torres and gerrard arent available:

reina

arbeloa            carra         skrtel            aurelio

mascherano
                          alonso
      kuyt                                                          benayoun

babel
                             keane

Nearly agree, i'd have your new signing playing though mate ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #65: Sep 04, 2008 11:15:39 pm
      And  everyone going the game, make it like the Fa cup match, when we beat them at Anfield, make such a horrible atmosphere that will really intimidate and unnerve them. Do not SIT there just expecting the players to perform, WE, THE FANS must turn up too!!

You know what those wankers are going to be chanting, ignore the stewards, ignore the moaning cu*ts and the stadium announcements, we have to back them for the full 90 minutes, especially if Gerrard and Torres are not fit.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #66: Sep 05, 2008 01:06:38 am
      agree with you there mate.the past two league games when theyve stolen the games 1-0 the atmosphere is good for the first 10minutes then it gets just like the normal league games!how about everyone whose going treating this one like a european game.every single one of us whose going to the match!even if we go 0-1 down again lets just carry on chanting and singing whatever!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #67: Sep 05, 2008 01:47:16 am
      Our luck has to change the last two home games we have had most of the possesion against them yet we struggle to score. If we take our chances we win if not we lose which is unthinkable and wont happen. 2-1 to us and Keano getting his first with Gerrard getting the second.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #68: Sep 05, 2008 02:01:19 am
      I'd start lucas in this game. Call me mad but he is key to our passing flowing alot more and us keeping the ball on the ground. 

Quick Reply