Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool V Man U

Read 31131 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool V Man U
      Reply #69: Sep 05, 2008 04:26:13 am
      Crouchino lad what has Arbeloa done to warrant your judgment of him as being in sh*t form??? I think alongside Skrtel in defence he has being our strongest characterisitc. Mate and Nani is not that frightening at all neither is old man Giggs.

He's not shown one bit of form this season. I know that no one in the side is hitting their straps either but all have shown glimpses of it so far except for Arby who looks lost. I like him, i think he can be a great player but he is showing form of what Riise did, going forward but struggling to get back and when he is back he gets burned.

Oh and Nani, although he isnt that great he has that odd piece of brilliance in a game. History shows that its all they need to beat us while we create 5 or 6 chances at least and we fail to score.

Giggs is sh*te but has a great cross still, again he isnt great but if Arby lets him deliver that killer ball it'll be the same thing and we'll be here crying about it.

Again, i hope it doesnt happen but recent form isnt encouraging.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #70: Sep 05, 2008 01:36:25 pm
      The way we have performed so far this season and although this fixture being as early as it is in the campaign. The result could define our season, the boys havent been performing well, yet still grinding out the results.

Win next Saturday (and we're due one against this lot) and the confidence will be back and could really set us on our way for the remainder of the season.

Lose, well it doesnt really bear thinking about. The confidence will be low, we'll again at an early stage of the season be playing catch up somewhat, the loose could have a knock on effect taken into the next fixture and a blip in form could arise.

Draw wouldnt be so bad, it would be okay if we'd of got three points at Villa. But I'd much rather us win this fixture and send an early signal out to the Mancs.

Just hope at least one of Gerrard and Torres are fit.

T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #71: Sep 05, 2008 04:59:40 pm
      I'm going to the game and im going to sing my F***ing lungs out.

I urge every liverpool supporter, the world over, who goes to this game to sing your heart out and intimidate them Manc bas**rds.

We need this win, more than ever and I ask every LFC supporter to create a cauldron of noise like we did against Chelsea 2005! I realise this may be near on impossible because of the fact that it was a champions league night and we were so close to a final after so many years, but this game could define our season and put us on the road to the prem title!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #72: Sep 05, 2008 05:15:15 pm
      I'm going to the game and im going to sing my F***ing lungs out.

I urge every liverpool supporter, the world over, who goes to this game to sing your heart out and intimidate them Manc bas**rds.

We need this win, more than ever and I ask every LFC supporter to create a cauldron of noise like we did against Chelsea 2005! I realise this may be near on impossible because of the fact that it was a champions league night and we were so close to a final after so many years, but this game could define our season and put us on the road to the prem title!

Lucky pr**k :D

Mate, do us all proud and make sure your there letting those bas**rds know who is the best F***ing club out there. Have a safe trip out to the game too and give us a report on another win ;)
      XABI ALONSO 14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts | -1 
      Reply #73: Sep 06, 2008 02:10:58 am
      I am too going to the game and sing my heart out i shall.back of the F***ing kop.best place to be
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Sep 06, 2008 06:27:25 am
      We can see how important this game is already...5 pages on this game and 74 posts and the game is still a week away.

Come on you REDS, we owe these manc bas**rds.....it's time to show them we mean business.

I'm going for 2-1.... Babel and Keane and with those jammy bas**rds to score a consolation goal in stoppage time.
      DOOLEY
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts | -5 
      Reply #75: Sep 06, 2008 09:58:03 am
      reina vs van der sar = draw

carra skrtel agger dossena vs brown vidic ferdiand evra = close but i dont rate wes brown livewrpool win

masch alonso                    hargreaves scholes
      gerrard            riera    vs      ronaldo            rooney  = manure win

torres keane            vs berbatov teves = manure win as keane is not playing at his best
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #76: Sep 06, 2008 10:56:04 am
      Xabi alonso i am in the back of the kop next week as well 305 ,cant wait .
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #77: Sep 08, 2008 03:32:03 am
      Mate Ronaldo is not playing and Hargreaves looks unlikely nothing greater than to do this Manc bas**rds in would love it. HHope Xabi scores a cracker.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #78: Sep 08, 2008 05:25:28 am
      reina vs van der sar = draw

carra skrtel agger dossena vs brown vidic ferdiand evra = close but I dont rate wes brown livewrpool win

masch alonso                    hargreaves scholes
      gerrard            riera    vs      ronaldo            rooney  = manure win

torres keane            vs berbatov teves = manure win as keane is not playing at his best

Makes no difference when we have the Kop to bring it home ;)

Honestly i think we have the  better midfield and better attack while our defence is pretty much on par with theirs. What some people forget is they have scored how many so far from their strikers? Zilch.

Tevez makes their midfield look better than it is and same for their attack. He is a brilliant player and papers over their cracks while Ronaldo is out.

I know Berba will add something but i doubt he will come in and straight away dominate which he hardly ever has done against us anyway.

I'm hoping the real Liverpool comes out and 1-0 would do me, dont really care for a big win just as long as we win.

On Stevie and Nando being in doubt, i think Nando may not play or be on the bench but Stevie, i have an inkling that this could be abit of karma for Fergie and Stevie may play. Something just seems iffy to me that they are calling him out this far away from a match.
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #79: Sep 08, 2008 02:55:20 pm
      I dont know why we cant beat these cnuts they have a sh*t jammy team, probably another jammy goal coming up without gerrard and nino I cant see it being any other way, hope im proved wrong. if fat cnut loony takes a corner  where I am ill fcuk my fone at him. fcuk it if I get caught it will be worth it ill just nip around to the albert and watch it on the telly :drinking: :food-smiley-005: :scarf:
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #80: Sep 08, 2008 11:03:49 pm
      2 - 0 we are due a win, even though we have a bit of a depleted squad. i would play the new man on the left, babble on the right, keane and pacheco up front. mascha and alonso in the middle
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #81: Sep 08, 2008 11:51:25 pm
      Our form of late is crap to say the least but form goes out the window for this one. Every one raises thier game for these fixtures, home and away. Always very close but we are due a bit of luck against these bas**rds so I think 1 or even 2 -0 Not before time either. Will set us  up nice for the remainder as well. Bring a bit of confidence and belief. We can do this, even if we have to without stevie and nando.
      Still be shiting myself until final whistle though. :couch: :couch:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #82: Sep 09, 2008 01:17:09 am
      I'll be glad when these internationals are out of the way and we can get back to what matters most!

Well in Mascherano on getting back from internationals early.

By the way, if you's don't already know about the pre match march to Anfield:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,9344.0.html
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #83: Sep 09, 2008 01:47:53 am
      Our season starts here we need to give a good performance and what better time than against the Mancs,sure we will miss Gerrard and Torres if they dont play but i think Babel can cause them problems and what better time for Keane to get his first goal for us.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #84: Sep 09, 2008 08:47:39 am
      Just heard on RadioCity Liverpool that Torres might be fit to play against United depending on how he trains this week!!

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #85: Sep 09, 2008 09:27:37 am
      Just heard on RadioCity Liverpool that Torres might be fit to play against United depending on how he trains this week!!

I think Torres will play but RAFA will keep Manure guessing till the last minute.We are definitely due a win and that would set us up for Everton.6 points from those 2 games will set us up and while it would be nice to get the points playing good football I will take the points even if we play badly.

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008 11:13:35 am by ayrton77, Reason: Response was in quote box »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,910 posts | 6833 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #86: Sep 09, 2008 10:49:34 am
      I've sold my match ticket for this one! I'll be watching it in a bar in Cuba, kick off 7.45am Cuban time so I'll be starting late on the ale ;)

Crazy Horse will Light a fine Havana Cigar, take a sip of a Mojito and mock some dirty Mancs 8)

So I'm off to the Airport in a bit, smoke me a kipper I'll be back for Stoke ;)

Very much off topic but I'm a bit worried about Crazy Horse....watching a hurricane hit Cuba on the news  :(...hope he's safe and sound and comes back the same way. I hope you're alright mate.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #87: Sep 09, 2008 01:57:36 pm
      Good thinking Aussie hope the lads safe as well.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #88: Sep 09, 2008 02:16:05 pm
      Ferguson starting the mind-games already then.

Ahead of this weekend’s clash between United and Liverpool, when asked if any transfers surprised him, Ferguson said: ‘The big surprise was Liverpool paying £20million for Keane.’

Cock-end
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #89: Sep 09, 2008 02:24:18 pm
      Ferguson starting the mind-games already then.

Cock-end
      Love it if this worked to spur Keane on and he scored the winner now. Drunken c**t.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,224 posts | 3394 
      Reply #90: Sep 09, 2008 04:12:47 pm
      Gerrard's ruled himself out of the match :( Torres might play but it'll be very much like Arsenal at Anfield last season, unfit and can't move freely :( the odds don't look good for the mighty Liverpool :( but of course it's when we're underdogs that we play at our best, come on you Reds!!!!!!!!!! let's give them a good stuffing and go back to the top of the league.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #91: Sep 09, 2008 05:35:56 pm
      We have our players back and after last year Mascha will drive us on with Stevie being out, Keeno is due a goal and it's just the type of game he loves, when nando scores the second we will hit them on the break with gusto because I feel this team are fed up at not beating this lot so when the cork pops expect us to score a hatfull...

Quick Reply