Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Liverpool V Man U

Read 30830 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: Liverpool V Man U
      Reply #92: Sep 09, 2008 05:44:08 pm
      Now and Then Ferguson has a way of helping his opponents and his remark against Keeno may just have motivated keeno to ram his remarks back down Ferguson's throat...
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #93: Sep 09, 2008 06:49:34 pm
      This is the most important match for lierpool and sure that  I would like to win it but i don't think we will :S:S:S
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,113 posts | 3368 
      Reply #94: Sep 09, 2008 06:52:04 pm
      Gerrard ruled himself out the other day on Sky's c-fax although Rafa is still giving him a chance to play.

Rafael Benitez will give Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard every chance to prove their fitness for Saturday’s big clash with Manchester United. 
      Liverpool's two star players are still major injury doubts for the match as Gerrard continues to recover from a minor groin operation he had 10 days ago, while Torres struggles to shake off an abductor injury picked up against Aston Villa last Sunday.

"It is always more difficult to prepare for the match with injuries because you know that if they are fit we will use them, but in this case you never know," Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"It is better to avoid saying whether they can be available - it is difficult to say if they can play or not because they may have not played for 10 or 15 days. But they are both working hard with the physios and are improving, so there's still some time to decide."

On Gerrard, Benitez added: "You never know, he is still progressing. The key is the fitness of the player - it makes a massive difference if he has confidence. That is the main thing for him."

If Liverpool's injury fears are confirmed, Benitez believes his other players can rise to the challenge and beat Alex Ferguson's side on Saturday.

"Clearly we have enough quality in the squad, so it is always important to look to the other players and sometimes they can give more to you than the big names. They can have the same quality and passion and they also have a lot to prove to the supporters."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N161230080909-1440.htm
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #95: Sep 09, 2008 06:52:50 pm
      This is the most important match for lierpool and sure that  I would like to win it but I don't think we will :S:S:S

Have faith  ;)
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #96: Sep 09, 2008 06:58:16 pm
      It's now or never, we can do it we showed how good a footie we can play last year against Aresenal in the CL.

If we do this well it's the start of our season
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,638 posts | 131 
      Reply #97: Sep 09, 2008 09:44:21 pm
      We have still one thing in our hands
      >THE KOP<

Think this will be the special thing in the match.
      What you think?
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #98: Sep 09, 2008 10:31:43 pm
      ive a good feeling about this one and I think robbie is going to be the difference in this one-1-0. :scarf:
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008 10:39:36 pm by maxextz »
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #99: Sep 09, 2008 10:46:05 pm
      We have still one thing in our hands
      >THE KOP<

Think this will be the special thing in the match.
      What you think?

As always and they will be the difference that will help out the weakened side as it's not looking very good for Torres and Gerrard atm!

El Zhar, Keane ;)
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      Reply #100: Sep 09, 2008 10:50:02 pm
      As always and they will be the difference that will help out the weakened side as it's not looking very good for Torres and Gerrard atm!

El Zhar, Keane ;)
      maybe babel and keane, stevie g on for the last 20 minutes if things are going tits up.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #101: Sep 10, 2008 01:24:18 pm
      I always felt in the last few seasons that we can beat Man U at Anfield and to be honest we have outplayed them...........and lost.

With Gerrard and Torres injured (or not?) I am much less confident.

Maybe with less expectations they will do the trick and turn the b*stards over.

I travel in hope.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #102: Sep 10, 2008 02:45:37 pm
      I find it mind boggling that heading into a big match, with a striker eager to get his tally up and running, he makes a remark like that. Especially when it seems he will be the main man up front if Nando isnt fit.

Come on Robbie, shut that c**t up.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #103: Sep 10, 2008 04:02:23 pm
      Ferguson is upto his 'put pressure on a certain player' mind games again, we saw it last season with his 'i wanted to sign torres' then again with the 'players like ronaldo need to be protected by referees' its getting all too predictable. I hope Keane does score and shuts old red nose up.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #104: Sep 10, 2008 04:07:46 pm
      I would love nothing more than for Keane to score in the last second that very last kick off the match and run in front of that red nosed c**t! Who is he to comment on Rafa's transfer market credentials he has a F***ing A3 sized list of fukn sh*t over priced transfers. Kleberson, Saha, Djemba-Djemba and F***ing one of the worst ever JUAN SEBASTIAN VERON! Just to name a few
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #105: Sep 10, 2008 08:15:38 pm
      I have seen a dream last night that we won 1:0 and Gerrard scored a penallty.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,355 posts | 1634 
      Reply #106: Sep 10, 2008 08:18:36 pm
      Anyone going sat what pubs are you going to ?
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #107: Sep 10, 2008 10:54:59 pm
      you guys think either gerrard or torres will play against them? cuz it can be mind games played by rafa and in the last minutte one of them shows up in starting line up? cud this be the case?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #108: Sep 11, 2008 12:38:34 am
      I say, if they both have to be rested then rest them, we can beat manure without them. It's not a 1 game season, manure will F**k up throughout the season. If we can't then it will show we're a 2 man team. Rafa has got a major decision on his hands tbh.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #109: Sep 11, 2008 12:59:35 am
      I say, if they both have to be rested then rest them, we can beat manure without them.

Absolutely!

It's ironic that we've displayed some poor football since the season kicked off. But I couldn't give two hoots if we play poor in this one and win, given that our two main threats could be 'rested'.

What's bugged me when playing the mancs recently is we haven't shown the belief we can win against them. We can beat them, if we show the desire.

Carragher on the armband and Keane wanting to do one better than his last season's team mate? Come on you reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Rafa plays Carragher up front with Keane, we could be on a sure winner!  :f_tongueincheek:
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #110: Sep 11, 2008 11:49:02 am
      Don't have much to say...except GO REDS!!!

I don't care who scores...I just want us to win so badly!!!

YNWA!
      Presco
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts | -3 
      Reply #111: Sep 11, 2008 12:20:04 pm
      We are not losing that match even if Gerrard & Torres are playing or not Winning Na our culture.
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      Reply #112: Sep 11, 2008 02:17:27 pm
      by the way those manc cnuts will be singing our song on sat"champions of Europe" thats not going to be nice :mad:, hope we can beat the scum and give ourselves a fantastic boost for the rest of the season. :boxing:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #113: Sep 11, 2008 02:50:46 pm
      GERRARD COULD RETURN FOR UNITED CLASH

Liverpool Echo 10 September 2008 

Steven Gerrard is set to hand Rafa Benitez a huge boost - by giving himself every chance of featuring against Manchester United on Saturday. 

The Liverpool captain will return to full training in the next few days and should he come through that with no ill effects, his chances of facing United will increase dramatically.

It is less than two weeks since Gerrard underwent double groin surgery and as recently as last weekend, he was forced to reluctantly admit defeat in his battle to be fit for the visit of Liverpool’s biggest rivals.

But his rehabilitation programme has gone much better than expected since then and he is now fit enough to join in with his team mates as they prepare for their biggest Premier League game of the season so far.

Gerrard now stands a realistic chance of being involved in Saturday’s lunchtime showdown with the reigning champions, although the final decision as to whether or not he plays will rest with manager Rafa Benitez.

Benitez, though, remains cautious about Gerrard’s chances of figuring against Alex Ferguson’s side and will not risk him unless he is 100% convinced he has totally shaken off the after effects of two groin operations in the space of two days.

“You never know, he is still progressing,” said the Reds boss.

“The key is the fitness of the player – it makes a massive difference if he has confidence. That is the main thing for him.”

Privately, Benitez is delighted with Gerrard’s much faster than expected recovery and remains hopeful his skipper will be able to line up against United.

He has similar hopes for Fernando Torres who suffered a hamstring injury in Liverpool’s last league game against Aston Villa eleven days ago.

Torres was initially ruled out for up to three weeks after limping off at Villa Park but, like Gerrard, his recovery has been much quicker than originally anticipated and the Spanish striker is now also in with a shout of facing United.

Having not defeated United in the league in his time as Liverpool manager, Benitez will be keen to roll out his big guns for Saturday’s game but he insists he will only do so if he is totally convinced they are ready for what is likely to be a typically high octane encounter.

And even if he is forced to do without his star duo, the Reds boss insists he has enough quality in his squad to cope with their loss.

He added: “It is a difficult situation because both players are working very hard with the physios but we still do not know if they will be ready because they have not played for 10-15 days.

“But it is important to remember that we have enough quality in the squad whatever happens.

“Sometimes other players can give you more than the big names because they feel they have something to prove.

“Obviously, though, it would be better for us if Stevie and Fernando are available to play.” 

********************************************************************************

Well that's a bit of good news although I don't want Rafa to rush Gerrard or Torres back to soon, don't want them mancs hacking them down as soon as Torres goes on a run, as that's the only way they can stop him with dirty tactics.

Getting VERY pumped up for this game now.

How nice would it be to really give them a good hiding ;D

It's our turn now  >:D

Come On You Mighty Reds  :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :clap:
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,113 posts | 3368 
      Reply #114: Sep 11, 2008 03:48:06 pm
      internationals over and done with (thankfully) everybody's attention turns to this match. Come on you Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Show those dirty bas**rds how football should be played.

Quick Reply