Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

West Brom v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread

Read 9396 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: West Brom v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #69: May 17, 2009 05:25:03 am
      12 hours to go.

Glad I'm not playing.

You got an invite too then? Had to pass, myself.

Can't wait for this, actually. 8 hours left i think. Hopefully a spirited show from our lads, just to really show how far we've come. We have a great record at the Hawthorns, so no mercy!
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #70: May 17, 2009 10:14:44 am
      Let's hope that our lads go out there and send a a message to those scums!! We are coming for you....next season..
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #71: May 17, 2009 11:34:25 am
      I'm really looking forward to watching this now, hopefully the lads can express themselves whilst playing under no great pressure. I'm hoping for a few good goals and a comfortable win.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #72: May 17, 2009 11:36:34 am
      If i could choose the teams who went down, west brom wouldn't be one of them.
      Still, they probably will so let's thump them 6-0 :D
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #73: May 17, 2009 11:37:30 am
      Let's send out a message for next season. Two wins against West Brom and Spurs, 86 points and a decent unbeaten run as well.

One of the main difference between us and the Mancs (and one I believe has helped them take the title) is the "fear factor" surrounding them. Teams are beaten even before they've managed to get changed into their kits beforehand and managers put a cross through games against them because they know that they're not going to get anything. That hides a hell of a lot of poor performances, because as soon as the Mancs go 1-0 up, everybody seems to accept it as game over. I'm not complaining because Alan Hansen said the same thing of us in the 70s and 80s.

We're not as feared as them yet, but we have to be if we want to win the League. As I said, 86 points, an unbeaten season at Anfield, two defeats all season and dishing out a couple of hidings in the remaining games would start something.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #74: May 17, 2009 11:40:54 am
      There's something I quite like about West Brom as a team, I'm not sure what it is but I wouldn't mind if they were on the recieving end of a thrashing today by us, it could certainly happen. I hope the players want to prove a point today, how close we are to the scum now.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #75: May 17, 2009 11:53:54 am
      Morning peeps from up north (york) just wandered if you think we will be playing in the euro away strip today like last weekend? As bagies will be in there black and white strip and i dont think our away on one is that dark. Still trying to find a decent bar atm! Catch ya'll later!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #76: May 17, 2009 11:57:09 am
      Quite hard to predict this game today  :-\ I can't decide whether we are going to slaughter them or feel slightly deflated after yesterday.  :(

I really hope we go to the Hawthorns with nothing more than a winning mentality, as others have said we need to finish with as high a points total as possible to send out a message to our rivals ready for next season.

It would be nice to see Torres get his 50th goal before the season's out, he's had such a lot of bad luck this season, I hope he finishes on a high with a goal or two, either today or next week..........or both  :)

I, like others would also like to see a couple of the young lads get some time on the pitch, maybe when the game is won and the three points is in the bag.

I'm really sad that the season is almost over, seems to have gone so quickly  :(

I'm very proud to be a RED, we have been immense this season.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #77: May 17, 2009 11:58:08 am
      Morning peeps from up north (york) just wandered if you think we will be playing in the euro away strip today like last weekend? As bagies will be in there black and white strip and i dont think our away on one is that dark. Still trying to find a decent bar atm! Catch ya'll later!

We'll probably just play in our red kit mate.

Is kick off 1:30 yeah?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #78: May 17, 2009 11:59:28 am

Sure is Ross.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #79: May 17, 2009 12:13:15 pm
      If we contine playing as we have been then then we'll get the three points easy enough. Don't particularly want West Brom to go either. But a win is top priority today
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #80: May 17, 2009 12:15:18 pm
      We need not worry about the outcome, 86 or 83 or 80 points we have overcomed the dull drums of conceding to not challenging for the title. All the lads need to do know is to represent and I am sure Rafa would like them finishing on a high, as oppose to feeling deflated.

West Brom is one of the weaker teams, we have struggled against closing off the weaker teams. We need to be resolute in attack, having much patience if the game isn't going in our way and finish our chances. My feeling is; we'll have plenty if the likes of Babel is given a start he should be hungry in going forward and making a statement why his abilities are required at Liverpool. Would do no harm seeing Ngog as well. But they need no feel deflated they've battled well and push United to the limits.

Frankly we've played better than United througout the season, but they have been more composed in settle those lesser matches. So with all that said let's see a performance that shows next year we are coming for the Gold and with the aid of Silva the possibilities are even more immense.

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #81: May 17, 2009 12:25:40 pm
      Dont agree, i want 86 points. Looking back, i want to be reassured we achieved this to the best of our ability. And when was losing ok? Although we can't win, our season isnt over yet. These last 2 weeks show character IMO and i want 2 belters!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #82: May 17, 2009 12:30:03 pm
      I am really saying holistically we have done well enough to say; comes what may, we done well. Naturally 86points would be ideal and what we all want, but its not time to be deflated. We have to realise what promise there is for the upcoming season. But my scoreline for the match is 4-1...Losing is never acceptable, and in our thinking, but we have to appreciate what he done and be pleased...
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #83: May 17, 2009 12:35:15 pm
      how much price money you get for finish 2nd?
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #84: May 17, 2009 12:38:07 pm

On that note point taken, second is essential! We simply need the money...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #85: May 17, 2009 12:38:24 pm

About £9 million.  I believe it is about £480,000 per position off the bottom.

So about half a million pounds more for finishing 2nd as opposed to 3rd.  But then, this match is on Sky this afternoon.  Liverpool get just under £400,000 for that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #86: May 17, 2009 12:41:59 pm
      Match Topic now open.
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=17708.0

This topic locked.

Quick Reply