Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Are we title contenders?

Read 88789 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Are we title contenders?
      Reply #1288: May 12, 2009 10:52:04 am
      Wigan won't lift a leg against the Scum. They've been safe a while and have been "laying the foundations" for a poor display by playing like sh*te recently.  No chance of any claims of doing his old boss a favour if Brucie can point to a defeat against WBA, for e.g.  ;)

Arsenal, safe in 4th, can't wait til it's all over. Hull are just, plain and simple, sh*te.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #1289: May 13, 2009 09:27:30 am
      there's no doubt that wigan wont even put up a fight against the scums. bloody suckers  >:(
      they are one of the biggest united-ass-lickers. will be an easy one for manure tonight.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #1290: May 13, 2009 09:34:00 am
      Me neither. And neither will anyone else.

As many have said on here though, yourself included, the points aren't on the board until the game's are played.

What if Wigan beat United today? Arsenal play a draw on saturday? Arsenal have nothing to play for anymore. Hull will not go down easy. What if..... That would be hilarious!
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1291: May 13, 2009 10:01:02 am
      COME ON WIGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1292: May 13, 2009 11:12:03 am
      It was also highly unlikely we would win it at half time at Istanbul.
      We are in a highly unlikely situation now. Yet, nobody knows what will happen going forward.
      There is always a highly unlikely chance. So...
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1293: May 13, 2009 11:38:18 am

Dreadful post IMO.

I remember when United went 10 points ahead of us DLS, and you came out saying how it was all over, that we could never claw back the points. After we beat them at Old Trafford you changed your tune, and fair play to you for it.

If you think it's over now that's your choice, but like it or not it is still possible. What the F**k does it matter to you if Mags still wants to believe?

We can do it. We can win two matches, that's obvious. United have already lost two matches in a row this season - they can drop the points.

As I say, your opinion is your own and I'll respect it, but don't go trying to make other people give in before it's over.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1294: May 13, 2009 02:12:08 pm
      If we dont win the league, i'll eat my hat.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1295: May 13, 2009 07:21:45 pm
      If we dont win the league - i'll eat a maccies.

10 years without a maccies...  Willing to trade it all in to see that trophy in Red and White

Thats commitment!
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #1296: May 13, 2009 07:27:02 pm
      Come on steve bruce, use that big fat head of yours n get the result!!
      shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #1297: May 13, 2009 07:32:02 pm
      come on wigan !!!!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #1298: May 13, 2009 08:53:35 pm
      COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEE ON WIGAN YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOUUU UUUUUUUUU BEAUTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.... ...
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #1299: May 13, 2009 10:42:08 pm
      answer your question

no

shame given the fight wigan gave, but for scum like united, the entire english league revolves around them, we don't stand a chance with the F.A. being pro ferguson
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #1300: May 13, 2009 10:43:16 pm
      this is the BEST lf c  team for 20 years.

they are the luckyest team of all time.

Come on Arsenal and Hull, f**k them over for us.
      We will never reach their levels of luck though, to my mind they are far the inferior team to us this year, they have gone to bed with that old prostitute "lady luck" and next year their gonna be so arrogant that they think they will stroll it, we have proved that we are the BETTER team twice.

We ARE the best, but we just didnt have their luck........... lucky mancs, lucky mancs....fergies fu**ed lady luck and lost his pants. the scottish w**ker.
      TNAwrestling
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 352 posts |
      • Cross The Line
      Reply #1301: May 13, 2009 10:54:37 pm
      they have gone to bed with that old prostitute "lady luck"

Weird, Rooney said her name was mary
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #1302: May 13, 2009 11:20:06 pm
      seems manc utd are more jammy than we originally thought, as they have just signed a new sponsor after the latest match..... "isnt it Ironic"

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,118 posts | 3370 
      Reply #1303: May 14, 2009 12:37:40 am
      I remember when United went 10 points ahead of us DLS, and you came out saying how it was all over, that we could never claw back the points. After we beat them at Old Trafford you changed your tune, and fair play to you for it.

No I didn't think we'd claw ten points back because at the time United looked almost untouchable while we had just come off a disappointing defeat to Boro and a less than impressive win over Sunderland but also saw us hammer Madrid 4-0 at Anfield in the midweek build up. But, after we demolished them I saw a different attitude from both clubs. And it rekindled the belief that it wasn't impossible for us to do, although seven league games and nineteen points later it still doesn't look enough.

If you think it's over now that's your choice, but like it or not it is still possible. What the F**k does it matter to you if Mags still wants to believe?

Well if we're speaking mathematically then yes it's still possible. If we're talking sensibly then no it isn't because United are not gonna lose to either Arsenal or Hull. Even if they do slip up in one of those matches, they won't lose both so it's not possible if we're talking as football fans and not blinded faith Liverpool fans. And it doesn't matter to me in the slightest if Mags still believes or if you still believe or if thomas the tank engine still believes. I was simply addressing a point in Mags original post.

By the way what the F**k does it matter to you if I don't still believe in this year? Just because I tend to see things from a football perspective and not a Liverpool tinted view point. Since our win over Newcastle, there's been sod all we can do to determine where the title goes and by the time we play again the title could (will be) be in the hands of United therefore it's over for Liverpool.

We can do it. We can win two matches, that's obvious. United have already lost two matches in a row this season - they can drop the points.

Yes we can win two matches, by which time the league could be already over for another season. And yes United have lost two games in a row already this season, that being to Liverpool who had just found their form after the Madrid game and were given license to attack, attack, attack and to Fulham who have a great home record as well as United having two players sent off. The two games they lost were to two very good displays they were not to Man City who can't even turn up on their travels most weeks, Wigan who just want the end of the season to already happen, Arsenal who really look lost and dead on their feet and Hull who have 1 win in 18 games. Asking a bit much for United to go and lose two out the remaining four weren't we?

As I say, your opinion is your own and I'll respect it, but don't go trying to make other people give in before it's over.

I haven't forced Mags or anybody else into believing it's over. I've said it's over, which unless United lost at Old Trafford this Saturday it is, I didn't realise that was perceived as making others believe it was over. My mistake I imagine for not anticipating people to believe I was forcing me opinion upon them. Sorry ladies and gents, I clearly didn't think that post through because if I had I'd be building meself up for a massive disappointment when United beat City, Wigan, Arsenal and Hull.

And finally, glad you enjoyed it. Hope this one brings just as big a smile to your face mate. ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1304: May 14, 2009 12:46:42 am
      Where it is still mathmatically possible, I will believe. As a Liverpool fan, it is my duty to be biassed towards Liverpool. It is possible for Arsenal to beat United. It is also possible for Hull to win AT HOME AND NEEDING POINTS! on the last day of the season. Of course it is an incredibly long shot, but better to aim for the stars and reach the moon than sit on your ar*e and give in.

shaunchef
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 746 posts | 11 
      • JFT96 YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #1305: May 14, 2009 01:01:54 am
      BELIEVE

Its getting near impossible but i still

BELIEVE
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #1306: May 14, 2009 02:21:40 am
      Number 19 is ours come end of next week whether lady luck likes it or not. Arsenal and Hull can do the job. Wigan proved that today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,835 posts | 6778 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1307: May 14, 2009 06:56:27 am
      Somebody, anybody please send Arsend and whatever the F**k Hulls' Managers name is, a copy of Liverpools demolition of The Scum at OT.

Even if they feel they are not as good as Liverpool to follow the instructions we set out for them, then please send them a copy of Fulhams win over the Scum.

It can be done, the blueprint is there for you to copy. Now go and do it ya cu*ts and beat those Mancs. Please for us, we deserve it, the world deserves it...I'm sick of the Scum and the smug cockiness of their fans and Fergie. I just want to slap the smugness off their face.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1308: May 14, 2009 07:22:11 am
      Where it is still mathmatically possible, I will believe.  Of course it is an incredibly long shot, but better to aim for the stars and reach the moon than sit on your ar*e and give in.

This is right.

I still believe.

Dont forget we are up against the dirtiest team in the Premiership with more Reds n Yellows, the team in far more bank debt than anyone else, the team that can rotate 4 strikers where we only have Nando and Stevie together for 12 games.
      The team that can take £ 1,000,000 more in turnstile take per game than us.

Last night? Rob Styles played 4 minutes of 3 added.

What am I saying?

Against that what we have done is remarkable but we allowed ourselves to fall behind in every area over two decades

Forget H ansel and G retel.
      This was on Moores and Parrys watch.

Its time to knock Fergie off his perch!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1309: May 14, 2009 07:37:16 am
      No I didn't think we'd claw ten points back because at the time United looked almost untouchable while we had just come off a disappointing defeat to Boro and a less than impressive win over Sunderland but also saw us hammer Madrid 4-0 at Anfield in the midweek build up. But, after we demolished them I saw a different attitude from both clubs. And it rekindled the belief that it wasn't impossible for us to do, although seven league games and nineteen points later it still doesn't look enough.

Well if we're speaking mathematically then yes it's still possible. If we're talking sensibly then no it isn't because United are not gonna lose to either Arsenal or Hull. Even if they do slip up in one of those matches, they won't lose both so it's not possible if we're talking as football fans and not blinded faith Liverpool fans. And it doesn't matter to me in the slightest if Mags still believes or if you still believe or if thomas the tank engine still believes. I was simply addressing a point in Mags original post.

By the way what the F**k does it matter to you if I don't still believe in this year? Just because I tend to see things from a football perspective and not a Liverpool tinted view point. Since our win over Newcastle, there's been sod all we can do to determine where the title goes and by the time we play again the title could (will be) be in the hands of United therefore it's over for Liverpool.

Yes we can win two matches, by which time the league could be already over for another season. And yes United have lost two games in a row already this season, that being to Liverpool who had just found their form after the Madrid game and were given license to attack, attack, attack and to Fulham who have a great home record as well as United having two players sent off. The two games they lost were to two very good displays they were not to Man City who can't even turn up on their travels most weeks, Wigan who just want the end of the season to already happen, Arsenal who really look lost and dead on their feet and Hull who have 1 win in 18 games. Asking a bit much for United to go and lose two out the remaining four weren't we?

I haven't forced Mags or anybody else into believing it's over. I've said it's over, which unless United lost at Old Trafford this Saturday it is, I didn't realise that was perceived as making others believe it was over. My mistake I imagine for not anticipating people to believe I was forcing me opinion upon them. Sorry ladies and gents, I clearly didn't think that post through because if I had I'd be building meself up for a massive disappointment when United beat City, Wigan, Arsenal and Hull.

And finally, glad you enjoyed it. Hope this one brings just as big a smile to your face mate. ;)

I was waiting for a reply like this to be honest. I'm not sure you understood the point of what I replied to you, but I'll answer the best I can.

I appreciate the odds of us winning the league this year were minimal at the time I replied to you, and those minimal odds now are reduced catastrophically this morning in the light of last night's result. It doesn't change the fact though that it was possible for us to win the league - I wasn't talking about statistics, percentages, a particular team's form, or anything tangible - what bothered me was that you seemed set upon reducing the hope in the hearts of those fans left who wanted to believe we'd win to zero. I had felt from your post that you'd singled out Mags; you say otherwise, so that matter is behind us.

Anyway, I thought I'd put the phrase "I respect your opinion" enough times in my previous post for you to realise that I wasn't trying to change your mind, so there wasn't really any need to get on your high horse about that either. ;)

IMO, I find it a shame that you see me and other fans as blind, or wearing tinted-glasses. After the season the team has put in, proving themselves contenders beyond the hopes of many a fan, the fact that some people want to carry on believing to the very end is perhaps not necassarily madness, but based on the excellent form of our side? Whilst out of our control, it is clear that we are fully capable of beating every side before us, and in itself is enough to hope that United might slip: the thought that we would certainly be ready to pounce! Indeed, you seem to touch on this yourself when you say at the end of your post that you didn't want to build up your hopes to have them dashed. I totally understand this feeling, but there's no need to try to "protect" other fans feelings, each makes his own choices and lives with them.

Hopefully this won't get blown out of all perspective. We've each explained our positions, and (as ever! :D) should agree to disagree.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #1310: May 14, 2009 12:48:32 pm
      just hope the united players take their eye of the ball for the last 2 games,arsenal are capable of beating them but it's down to which arsenal turn up,hull ? well if they play like a team possesed then maybe just maybe.
      uited are in the driving seat but lets not forget one thing,we have to win our last two games aswell.

as for being contender's, i will never give up believing untill it's actually beyond us.

Quick Reply