Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Are we title contenders?

Read 88910 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Are we title contenders?
      Reply #1265: May 07, 2009 12:31:02 pm
      So how badly do Man Ushited have to mess up then for us to win? Is it two losses or 3 draws?
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #1266: May 07, 2009 04:22:13 pm
      yes 3 draws is the same as 2 defeats...-6 points, good point ross
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1267: May 07, 2009 09:17:01 pm
      I really beleive Citeh will get a result on Sunday, I think they will win there 1-2. Robinho has a point to prove and Citeh need an win  for their european push and hughes needs a win to prove to his critics and club owner BUT before that lets do our job. Big game on Saturday.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1268: May 07, 2009 09:41:58 pm
      I really beleive Citeh will get a result on Sunday, I think they will win there 1-2. Robinho has a point to prove

I predicted a 2-1 for city with robinho getting the winner the other day :)
      If that happens utd will be shitting themselves
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1269: May 07, 2009 10:49:18 pm
      I predicted a 2-1 for city with robinho getting the winner the other day :)
      If that happens utd will be shitting themselves

Fingers crossed mate.

I tell you, im bloody bervous for Saturday. We need an early goal to settle nerves. If its another one like the Fulham game, our life expectancy will decrease.... phewwww
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #1270: May 10, 2009 11:32:30 pm
      I still dont think its over despite man shitty not getting a result.
      Hull could just be a surprise, Arsenal have capitulated though, Lets hope the Athletic can do us a favour, come on Wigan i always supported you as the second best team in merseyside (almost).

Is it a crime to still believe. WBA are fighting for their lives though.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1271: May 11, 2009 05:06:53 am
      Is it a crime to still believe.

Absolutely not Robby, I feel the same. ;)

Odds are getting lower though. Still, I know I'll believe even if United beat Wigan. Whilst we can still win it, I'll believe it.

But then again, if they beat Arsenal and Hull too, I'll still have a lingering hope the FA sees sense and docks them 10 points for being so annoying. And that they do some enquiry into Fergie's dodgy contacts in the FA, and take off them the titles they won since he was in charge! :D

We proved ourselves contenders this season. If the worst happens, we'll just have to prove ourselves Champions next season. It will happen.
      redtiptoe
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts |
      Reply #1272: May 11, 2009 10:08:42 am
      I'll still believe till its all over.
      But if it doesn't happen this year we have proved we are nearly there, the squad are more than capable of winning the league next season, weve pushed all the way with our 2 best players only starting 12 games together that shows me with have a fantastic squad now.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #1273: May 11, 2009 10:26:55 am
      I still dont think its over despite man shitty not getting a result.
      Hull could just be a surprise, Arsenal have capitulated though, Lets hope the Athletic can do us a favour, come on Wigan i always supported you as the second best team in merseyside (almost).

Is it a crime to still believe. WBA are fighting for their lives though.

I thought Wigan might do us a favour until i realised that Bruce is the manager. Another ex manc so i could see him giving up easily :(
      Arsenal can sometimes be another class but most of the time, very ordinary. Let's hope they're world class against the mancs and they get revenge. And then maybe Hull pull out a great performance to get survival against the mancs on the last day.

WBA are playing well now but is anyone playing better than us at the moment.

Until it's mathematically over, there's still hope :)
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #1274: May 11, 2009 11:16:09 am
      It hurts but we only have oursleves to blame for not making the draws into wins.  It hurts more knowling that Slur Alex will match our record unless the Gooners and Man City do us a massive favour.

Yes, the main thing will be if manU matches our record! This would actually be terrible! Well the Reds have shown so much good work and improvement this season, keeping the adrenaline level high..till the end.....FOR THE TITLE! Its not yet over.
      Liverpool never gives up, there is still way to success!

:scarf:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #1275: May 11, 2009 12:05:20 pm
      It says a lot about what we were that we have had our foot off the pedal for 20 years, United have dominated and only now are they closing in on our record.

If not this, then next season we will start pulling away from them again. ;)
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #1276: May 11, 2009 12:14:31 pm
      I got a feel it would be so.."next season we will start pulling away from them again"..
      Liverpool is demonstrating energy and a positive attitude. If not this one, the others are gonna be at Anfield! Liverpool domination  :)
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1277: May 11, 2009 12:23:56 pm
      I think alot of people on here are forgetting that we have drew against Arse twice and drew against Wigan.

Fair enough they are both playing dreadfull at the moment but it CAN happen.

The Arse WILL be looking for some form of revenge and although Wenger and Slur are butt buddies right now i cant see Wenger rolling over - especially when United need the points.  Which they still do.

They know deep down they can afford to loose a match, so if it does happen, they will be shitting it in the next game IF someone gets a sneaky goal.

I honestly think the only way lower teams can beat united now is the late goal

What we really need is a draw for newcastle and borough to give Hull a fighting chance to take it to the Mancs on the last day.

There is no point looking on the past and thinkin "should of won that, shouldnt of lost, shouldnt of drew" we'll always rue the matches where we didnt win.  I think the biggest sickener, is relying on them to drop points.

They have two away matches now and one home.  I dont believe in religion, or fate or anything that involves a higher power but if United can drop points it can happen.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1278: May 11, 2009 12:38:11 pm
      Rafa has done a super job this season, its May and we are still involved, with the level of improvement Rafa has achieved every season, I'm really confident with a couple of additions next season we can win the premiership.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1279: May 11, 2009 12:46:38 pm
      Wigan are a good team, Arsenal won't want to loose AGAIN and Hull will be fighting for survival... It's not over yet lads!
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1280: May 11, 2009 11:57:17 pm
      Wigan are a good team, Arsenal won't want to loose AGAIN and Hull will be fighting for survival... It's not over yet lads!

It is Mags.

Time to admit it. But Wigan have proven they couldn't give a toss in recent weeks, Arsenal are fu**ed and just want the season to now end knowing they've got nothing at all to play for other than pride which may give United a run for their money as Arsenal can play freely but at Old Trafford, United should and in my opinion will pick Wenger's side apart. As for Hull? I can't see them scoring another goal, they were fighting survival against us and Stoke and showed very little fight.

I, personally, just can't see United failing from here on in.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1281: May 12, 2009 12:13:05 am
      I, personally, just can't see United failing from here on in.

Me neither. And neither will anyone else.

As many have said on here though, yourself included, the points aren't on the board until the game's are played.

Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1282: May 12, 2009 12:16:45 am
      Anything is possible. Don't give up until it is really over.
      robbyr
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #1283: May 12, 2009 12:45:09 am
      What if they draw all 3 of their matches, about time they luck changed for them. think it could happen, and we would be champions...
      OK im gonna predict it....WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE.. remember where you heared this first. (he says ducking for cover)  :) This team deserves something this season, it may as well be the big one.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #1284: May 12, 2009 12:50:15 am
      This season we are still slight contenders...but next season we won't be. We will be winners in 09/10!!!!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #1285: May 12, 2009 08:42:05 am
      I refuse to say it's over until it's mathematically over.

It's highly unlikely, and if I had to put money on it, the safe bet is United. However, we still have a chance. Wigan and Arsenal are capable of getting something.. I pray. And Hull will be scrapping for their lives, so hopefully they can knock them down a peg.

Here's hoping, but not expecting.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #1286: May 12, 2009 08:48:15 am
      I refuse to say it's over until it's mathematically over.

It's highly unlikely, and if I had to put money on it, the safe bet is United. However, we still have a chance. Wigan and Arsenal are capable of getting something.. I pray. And Hull will be scrapping for their lives, so hopefully they can knock them down a peg.

Here's hoping, but not expecting.

I have hope to, but 11 deckchairs would have more of a chance against the mancs than Wigan have. Steve Bruce will make sure of that, being an ex-manc an all that.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #1287: May 12, 2009 10:20:15 am
      A win at Wigan tomorrow and a point is all they need over the next two games.

The way Arsenal are playing they will either have a stinker or redeem their Champions League spanking and come out for blood.  If that happens, they will need a point at hull - who if they are still fighting might be able to pull it off.

Im like everyone else, i point blank refuse to admit its over until we cant do it.  My heart wont give up on this club.

Come on Big Head Brucie, do us a massive favour, just a draw would be excellent.

Quick Reply