Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Rafa wont win the league

Read 12604 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,297 posts | 2842 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Rafa wont win the league
      Aug 31, 2008 06:01:44 pm
      Kills me to say it because I really really like Rafa but we wont win a league under him. Ive had people tell me for over a year now but I disagreed with them. However today opened my eyes to the fact that he wont win it

Basically Rafa is too negative to win the premier league. Villa are a decent side but one we should be looking to beat so why go there with a 4 5 1 formation? And if you are going 4 5 1 at least piack the players to suit it!! A 20 millon pound striker movd to left midfield?

Second half villa moved reo cocker to right back why not throw Babel on and tell him to go at cocker hes not a defender no we bring on a left back to play midfield??? And then to bring on Yossi ahead of Babel was strange I thought also

Its great in Europe to set up to get a result away and then back to Anfield for the 2nd leg well it doesnt work trying to win a league im afraid
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Rafa wont win the league
      Reply #1: Aug 31, 2008 06:18:00 pm
      Assistant manager me thinks but his pride wont allow him to do so. Who to get in though? I wouldnt take a mid table club's manager as they would crack, bringing in another Spaniard or Italian will see us just fall back and do another Rafa where we have to build up again.

Its a lose/lose situation we have.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #2: Aug 31, 2008 06:20:50 pm
      My eyes were opened to the same thing today mate and I totally agree with what you have just said.  Everybody keeps saying Rafa won't win the league and today I agree with them.  Too many average players starting every game, players being played out of position and a fascination with Kuyt and Lucas, who IMO are average Premier league players at best.

Rafa is too stubborn and needs to be more clinical with team selection and tactics, especially away from home where settling for a draw against Aston Villa is not good enough.  Its baffles me as to what goes on in Rafa's head in making the decisions that he does.
      redlawler
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #3: Aug 31, 2008 06:24:01 pm
      Yes I Think so to. When Nando came off Babel should have come on. Rafa has always put players in the wrong positions. It drives me mad. Villa are a crap side compared to us and playing negative like that, we'll win nothing.

« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2008 06:28:59 pm by redkenny »
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: Aug 31, 2008 06:33:56 pm
      I think thats a bit harsh although i am extremely annoyed. Why so negative, he is too ruthless and tries to do the wrong things to often. I think he can win us the league though.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #5: Aug 31, 2008 06:49:57 pm
      I think thats a bit harsh although I am extremely annoyed. Why so negative, he is too ruthless and tries to do the wrong things to often. I think he can win us the league though.

Too ruthless?  Not ruthless enough more like.  Do you see Ferguson or Wenger doing the wrong things too often?  Don't think so.  I am nothing but negative for the rest of this season.
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #6: Aug 31, 2008 06:53:47 pm
      I don't have an opinion yet about this.I don't belive that he will win but i still hope.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #7: Aug 31, 2008 06:57:37 pm
      Here come the Coroners!  I am very frustrated feel like joining in.  Benitez made the wrong decisions today even though if we had lost and Skrtel had been sent off, I am sure that we would all have said that a draw would have been a good result.   Benitez needs to show his intent of winning the title so far it isn't good enough and this season a lot of his loyal backers are going to be asking more and more questions of him, I think.
      floppo
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #8: Aug 31, 2008 06:58:54 pm
      Can't see us winning the league this season. Why pay £19million for a striker then play him wide left?! Too many players being played out of position, too tactical for his own good.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #9: Aug 31, 2008 07:04:09 pm
      Draw a game and already we have no hope.

F***ing typical
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #10: Aug 31, 2008 07:05:15 pm
      Too ruthless?  Not ruthless enough more like.  Do you see Ferguson or Wenger doing the wrong things too often?  Don't think so.  I am nothing but negative for the rest of this season.

Wenger ? really ?

The same Wenger that purposely chooses not to fill positions and thinks it will work.

I think you missunderstood my post. Try asking what i meant first rather than assuming and thinking im wrong before asking
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #11: Aug 31, 2008 07:05:34 pm

F***ing typical

This is just the first one. More draws will come, Robbie came to fix it but he cant on the left and when moved up front he blew it.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #12: Aug 31, 2008 07:05:51 pm
      Raffa will win us the league , i know that it is fustrating , i get pissed off you get pissed of but at the end off the day IRWT, he must have is reasons. :)
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #13: Aug 31, 2008 07:12:50 pm
      This is just the first one. More draws will come, Robbie came to fix it but he cant on the left and when moved up front he blew it.

Obviously more draws will come. Nobody wins every game.

In my opinion its a decent result. Villa are a good well organised side and i dont think its an easy place to go to for anyone. No Gerrard and no Torres. Our two most infulential players and we still came out with a respectable result.

Im not saying we are deffo gonna win the league. Infact i dont believe we will. What dose my F***ing head in though is when people say things on the back of a other than perfect result and wipe our chances out.

To say were not gonna win the league soley based upon the last game is daft
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #14: Aug 31, 2008 07:13:49 pm
      Wenger ? really ?

The same Wenger that purposely chooses not to fill positions and thinks it will work.

I think you missunderstood my post. Try asking what I meant first rather than assuming and thinking im wrong before asking

The same Wenger that has won three league titles at arsenal? 

The same Wenger that has been a magician in the transfer market turning youngsters into superstars? 

The same Wenger whom it seems that Rafa is trying to replicate with all the youngsters he has purchased? 

Unfortunately Rafa doesn't have the same willingness to play them, that would seem not ruthless enough to me.  I may be a little quick in bashing Rafa after this one result but I have thought this for a while.  Rafa has conquered Europe for us but will he conquer England and give us what every fan wants, the Holy Grail as far as this club is concerned?  I am seriously doubting that but by God do I hope he proves me wrong.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #15: Aug 31, 2008 07:16:33 pm

The same Wenger that has been a magician in the transfer market turning youngsters into superstars? 

The same Wenger whom it seems that Rafa is trying to replicate with all the youngsters he has purchased? 

Unfortunately Rafa doesn't have the same willingness to play them, that would seem not ruthless enough to me.  I may be a little quick in bashing Rafa after this one result but I have thought this for a while.  Rafa has conquered Europe for us but will he conquer England and give us what every fan wants, the Holy Grail as far as this club is concerned?  I am seriously doubting that but by God do I hope he proves me wrong.

Im talking about recently. He's decisions over the last few season have been shocking, when did he last win something. People need to stop slating rafa so much. Wenger has done nothing impressive lately to be shown as an amazing manager, he won all his stuff back when he made good decisions.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 453 
      Reply #16: Aug 31, 2008 07:20:36 pm
      Let me get you in on a secret matt Wenger will never come and manage us!  I'm really pissed and am sure most of us are today, but come on mate, don't talk about Wenger he has made as many mistakes Benitez.  He is also very stubborn and does things his own ways when everyone is thinking what the fck.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: Aug 31, 2008 07:20:56 pm
      Obviously more draws will come. Nobody wins every game.

In my opinion its a decent result. Villa are a good well organised side and I dont think its an easy place to go to for anyone. No Gerrard and no Torres. Our two most infulential players and we still came out with a respectable result.

Im not saying we are deffo gonna win the league. Infact I dont believe we will. What dose my F***ing head in though is when people say things on the back of a other than perfect result and wipe our chances out.

To say were not gonna win the league soley based upon the last game is daft

What is Scum's attitude to clubs like Villa? I wont mention Chelski just yet because its Scolari's first few matches.

To be champions we have to think like champions, believe we can be champions and then our dreams will be layed out in front of us. Sticking Aurellio on instead of Babel when a central midfielder is at RB clearly shows our intentions and it cost us last season.

I dont care if you dont realise it but these results will add up unless Rafa grows a back bone and realises that he's in England, not Spain. Draws dont cut it, we lost less than Scum last season but who came out on top? Why? They chased all 3 points. 3 draws is as good as 2 losses and a win, and a win leads to more confidence meaning more wins. We need players who are winners, not tryers. Guys who will risk it, not settle back and think 'Oh no, if i do this then i leave myself exposed.'

As i said, Rafa needs to grow a back bone when it comes to his team.
      egyptian magician
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #18: Aug 31, 2008 07:30:42 pm

F***ing typical

it's not the draw, it's the way we play, ie awful. he's signed too many average players over and over again and his tactics suck. where he gets his bizarre substitutions from god only knows. he's far too negative and he's so concerned with not losing that he's forgotten that the idea is to put the ball in the opposition's net. he either shapes up or ships out.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #19: Aug 31, 2008 07:32:59 pm
      what central midfielder was at RB??

Im sure arbeloa was there, lucas kept popping up on the right.

Benitez has a habit of destorying strikers:

1. Crouch comes in and takes ages to score.

2. Kuyt comes in, doesnt score as many as he has and gets stuck out wide

3. Keane comes in, struggles to do anything, stuck out left, misses a sitter.

4. Voronin, not a bad player before coming, look at how he played for leverkusen

5. Bellamy, Morientes, Cisse

All players who have been good before coming to us.

It appears Benitex is too afraid to play 442 standard and it is costing us.
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #20: Aug 31, 2008 07:33:52 pm
      Let me get you in on a secret matt Wenger will never come and manage us!  I'm really pissed and am sure most of us are today, but come on mate, don't talk about Wenger he has made as many mistakes Benitez.  He is also very stubborn and does things his own ways when everyone is thinking what the fck.

Haha where did you get from my post that I wanted Wenger?  I obviously know Wenger wouldn't come to us and I don't want him.  All I was doing was defending my point that to win the Premier League you have to be more ruthless, a point that escaped lil cisse.  Wenger may be a stubborn tw*t and has in recent seasons made WTF decisions but still has the ruthlessness with what he's got to make his team play great football and mount a title challenge.  Okay so last season he fu**ed up by making no signings but still got closer than Rafa did.

I just think Rafa needs to be as ruthless and as clinical as Wenger is.  Kill teams off when you go one up, don't settle for a draw when 0-0 away to Villa and play your class, flair players when you got them.  Screw hardwork if it gets you nothing in the end.  You can run all day until you're sore in the head but one touch of magic can win a game and too many times has Rafa neglected this and left a player on the bench that everyone is screaming for him to bring on.  This is why we won't win the league under him.
      redlawler
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #21: Aug 31, 2008 07:40:58 pm
      What is Scum's attitude to clubs like Villa? I wont mention Chelski just yet because its Scolari's first few matches.

To be champions we have to think like champions, believe we can be champions and then our dreams will be layed out in front of us. Sticking Aurellio on instead of Babel when a central midfielder is at RB clearly shows our intentions and it cost us last season.

I dont care if you dont realise it but these results will add up unless Rafa grows a back bone and realises that he's in England, not Spain. Draws dont cut it, we lost less than Scum last season but who came out on top? Why? They chased all 3 points. 3 draws is as good as 2 losses and a win, and a win leads to more confidence meaning more wins. We need players who are winners, not tryers. Guys who will risk it, not settle back and think 'Oh no, if I do this then I leave myself exposed.'

As I said, Rafa needs to grow a back bone when it comes to his team.

I totally agree with you. When you go to the likes of villa you go for 3pts don't forget we got 3pts there last season we must change our attitude when we play away an stop being negative .
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Aug 31, 2008 07:41:57 pm
      what central midfielder was at RB??

Im sure arbeloa was there, lucas kept popping up on the right.

Benitez has a habit of destorying strikers:

1. Crouch comes in and takes ages to score.

2. Kuyt comes in, doesnt score as many as he has and gets stuck out wide

3. Keane comes in, struggles to do anything, stuck out left, misses a sitter.

4. Voronin, not a bad player before coming, look at how he played for leverkusen

5. Bellamy, Morientes, Cisse

All players who have been good before coming to us.

It appears Benitex is too afraid to play 442 standard and it is costing us.

Was talking about Reo-Coker at RB for them.

As for those strikers, Bellars was never our standard. Cisse was a git but he scored but its his attitude Rafa didnt like so he went, Morietes was not capable. I think he was oviously not upto it before he came due to his lack of strength, pace and age creeping up on him.

Voronin, a stab in the dark. A shrewd signing, if we spent money on another striker we probably wouldnt have landed Nando.

Kuyt though i have no idea why he cant shoot all of a sudden. I never watched him in Holland but he had a great record and now cant shoot for sh*te.

Time will tell with Keane although it aint too convincing so far.

Rafa just doesnt trust them enough i dont think. If you have to hit the ground running like Nando did to prove yourself to the gaffer than its going to be mighty difficult to find another one who can fit in.

Quick Reply