Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Is Liverpool v utd the biggest game in the world?

Read 1094 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,297 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Is Liverpool v utd the biggest game in the world?
      Sep 09, 2008 01:36:46 pm
      There are many big games such as the Milan derby, the old firm, Barce v Real, South American derbies and so on but is Liverpool v utd the biggest? 2 clubs with quiet possibily the biggest fan bases around the world the most suceesful teams in there country who are only a few miles apart. Both multiple European cup winners.

Most local derbies wouldnt have half the passion/hatred of this game between two clubs from different cities. Its a raw hatred that spreads beyond the cities indeed beyond the country as here in Ireland there will be blood spilled in pubs this Saturday night over this game and chances are its people who every other day of the year are mates that will fight!!

As big as other games around the world are this must be the biggest game globally
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,039 posts | 3352 
      Re: Is Liverpool v utd the biggest game in the world?
      Reply #1: Sep 09, 2008 04:18:12 pm
      not for me. I always class the derby games against Everton as the biggest game because I know and see a lot more Evertonians than I do Mancs. Although I hate United with a real passion, the bigger game is always Everton and it's the derby games I look for first on the fixture list.

Quick Reply