Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Phone upgrade

Read 4080 times
      Sarah
      • Forum Phil Thompson
      • Started Topic

• 484 posts | 16 
      Phone upgrade
      Sep 11, 2008 09:14:50 pm
      I'm due an upgrade on my phone and i really have no idea what to go for.
      At the moment i've got a Sony Ericsson W580i, whilst i enjoyed the walkman part of the phone
      i didnt really get on with it and cant wait to get rid of it.
      Before i switched to Sony Ericcson i always had Nokia's so now i'm unsure whether to go back to Nokia
      or try something different  ???
      Anyone got any suggestions on a decent phone?
      MsGerrard
      Re: Phone upgrade
      Reply #1: Sep 11, 2008 10:02:28 pm
      Sarah, Today I bought my Son the Samsung SGH - U600 Touch and Feel, got it for him on contract for £10.00 a month, you get 100 minutes and 100 texts, which I didn't think was to bad.

Sorry I know Samsung sponsor chelski, but it was the one Mark wanted and they didn't have a huge choice, the phone is RED though  ;)

All depends what you want to spend really, but this has a smashing camera on it and does everything a phone has to do.

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/reviews/review.phtml/2308/3332/samsung-sgh-u600-mobile-phone-review.phtml

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #2: Sep 11, 2008 10:10:36 pm
      I switched from Nokia to Samsung and I deeply, deeply, regret it.

Have you tried using the camera on his phone at night?  If you're standing about a foot away the flash might reach you.

But that's just my tuppence worth.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3: Sep 11, 2008 10:19:20 pm
      I switched from Nokia to Samsung and I deeply, deeply, regret it.

Have you tried using the camera on his phone at night?  If you're standing about a foot away the flash might reach you.

But that's just my tuppence worth.

:o Oh dear, he only got the phone tonight JD so he hasn't tried the camera out yet in the dark, mind you I don't think he'll worry to much as he owns a Nikon D60  ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #4: Sep 12, 2008 10:52:34 am
      :o Oh dear, he only got the phone tonight JD so he hasn't tried the camera out yet in the dark, mind you I don't think he'll worry to much as he owns a Nikon D60  ;D

Yeah, see there's no way I could get away with taking a Nikon out as well as my camera to take my drunken snaps!
      YesEvil
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 70 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 14, 2008 03:22:10 pm
      Sony ericsson K850i is worth a look but if you want a combined camera and music player phone i reckon the N95 or waiting for the N96 is your best bet
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: Sep 23, 2008 11:50:59 am
      I have had the Nokia N95 8gb since last year and it is the best phone i have had..... so far. ;D

It is a little chunky when your out for the night without a coat but to be honest the camera more than makes up for any inconvenience, although unlike JD i dont take a lot of photographs in the dark! :o (i know you meant in a club)

The music player is spot on and with the 8GB to fill up i dont have to carry both my phone and mp3 player.

Downside is as mentioned the chunky feel but as i have a chunky feel myself it doesnt really matter but whether its a 'ladies phone' i dont know, also the price is a little steep (probably getting reduced with the release of newer models)
      Also gadget wise its packed full and i especially find the maps facility helpful when I'm lost and bewildered on a Saturday night ;D

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #7: Sep 23, 2008 12:05:56 pm
      Agree Glenbuck.  It's the phone I wish I had got - but it is a bit chunky.

I think the N96 looks like an excellent upgrade for it - and possibly a little bit more 'femininely' sized.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,9496.0.html
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Sep 23, 2008 01:41:39 pm

I especially find the maps facility helpful when I'm lost and bewildered on a Saturday night ;D

;) Nothing to do with having a few then !!  :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005:  :laugh:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Sep 23, 2008 03:17:55 pm
       How very dare you! I hardly ever drink and even when i do partake i only have a small sweet sherry.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #10: Sep 23, 2008 04:10:42 pm
      How very dare you! I hardly ever drink and even when I do partake I only have a small sweet sherry.

Yeah of course you do Glenbuck  :f_whistle: after a few brandy's, a couple of vodka's, a few pints, and a wee dram of whisky  :food-smiley-005:

I'll remember that anyway  ;)
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #11: Jul 25, 2011 10:11:00 am
      Anyone know roughly how much Internet usage 250mb would give you web browsing on your phone? Just facebook twitter etc nothing to demanding?

I need to set the daughter some guidelines as her phone now includes 250mb.

Is there a data package Counter anyone can recommend?

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2011 10:16:54 am by Venison 86 »
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 25, 2011 01:42:46 pm
      I have an I-phone and I would highly recommend anyone to get one. I certainly wouldn't go back to using any other brand of mobile phone as the I-phone does everything I need. If you can find an I-phone on a cheap enough package I'd tell you to go for that!

Anyone know roughly how much Internet usage 250mb would give you web browsing on your phone? Just facebook twitter etc nothing to demanding?

http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/2273/63/

Take a look at this, it gives you an idea of usage and the amount of data used.

IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #13: Jul 25, 2011 02:15:17 pm

It depends what exactly is being used. Picture uploads and even viewing them will take a bit of data. Youtube on mobiles is the killer.

I have 15gb per month and struggle to use 1gb even. It honestly depends on how ling you are using it for and what is using data. 250mb is ok for moderate use though.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #14: Jul 25, 2011 03:59:06 pm
      How very dare you! I hardly ever drink and even when I do partake I only have a small sweet sherry.

So Glenbuck does exist. WOW!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #15: Jul 26, 2011 12:49:58 am

I have a 500MB bolt-on for O2, and I use about 400MB or so every month - and I browse very heavily. I even use MSN.

You'd struggle to hit 200MB if it's just occasional browsing buddy.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #16: Jul 26, 2011 10:37:26 am

http://www.evdoinfo.com/content/view/2273/63/

Take a look at this, it gives you an idea of usage and the amount of data used.

Top Man been looking for a link to something like that
      It depends what exactly is being used. Picture uploads and even viewing them will take a bit of data. Youtube on mobiles is the killer.

I have 15gb per month and struggle to use 1gb even. It honestly depends on how ling you are using it for and what is using data. 250mb is ok for moderate use though.

15gb Jeffing Hell?

I have a 500MB bolt-on for O2, and I use about 400MB or so every month - and I browse very heavily. I even use MSN.

You'd struggle to hit 200MB if it's just occasional browsing buddy.

Cheers Res
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17: Jul 27, 2011 04:02:08 pm
      I can tether with my phone so if I'm on the go I can use the phone as a wifi hotspot and connect my phone to it. Suits me. ;D

Quick Reply