Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Robert Kraft

Read 4981 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Re: Robert Kraft
      Reply #46: Jun 29, 2009 02:14:34 pm

Steve Morgan would have fitted that bill back in the day, but I doubt he would have had the financial clout to take us further on his own alltho he was a buisness man with a buisness brain and had grown his own empire so he could have possibly grown ours but thats all by teh by now and ship sailed long ago

What let him down though, was saying a groundshare would be a good move. I wouldn't even share oxygen with the blueshite!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Jun 29, 2009 02:22:29 pm
      What let him down though, was saying a groundshare would be a good move. I wouldn't even share oxygen with the blueshite!

I think in that statement itself about the whole ground share issue showed he didn't really have the financial clout to go it alone and was looking at alternatives where he could still contribute in terms of funds for signings etc by sharing half the cost of the stadium. But I agree with you I was opposed to Sharing.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #48: Jun 29, 2009 02:41:13 pm
      Wow, Kraft is by far the best owner in the NFL. He provides the funds and lets his head coach run the team flawlessly. If theirs any American owner that knows the proper way of doing things, it's Kraft, and I don't even like his team. As for the salary cap, I can understand where he's coming from. No one works the cap like the front office in New England, players take millions less than they would anywhere else to play for them. In Europe theirs no telling how many players your manager may want, and how much you will need to fork over, In American sports you know next years salary cap, this year.

Just thought I'd post my opinion. This guy would be head and shoulders above Hicks and Gillette as far as class, respect and morality go. It's a shame he won't buy the club imo.

Not to mention he helped build them this...

albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #49: Jun 30, 2009 10:58:14 pm
      Sorry, but someone who can do all that to our club doesn't sound like the lesser evil to me. They are the worst thing that has ever happened to Liverpool, financially speaking. They are a walking, talking disaster zone.

Not a rant, just saying that you've proven in your post already that they are the worst thing!

Don't forget it.

just a quick response to that....we don't know if they are the "worst" do we? we only know they are bad.

my point is this....if we could go back in time and never sell to the Yanks that would be ideal of course....but given that we are where we are I just think that people who crave other owners are just not being very realistic about what may happen.

as i said before, unless a true LFC fan with a billion to invest comes along I can't see anyone else being much better than what we have, simply because of the numbers.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #50: Jul 01, 2009 08:14:40 pm
      In all honesty for all the false promises and all the false dawns under Gillet & Hicks we are not actually in a bad position on the field.. off the field issues are another thing .... At the moment after the season we have just had maybe new owners would be a bad idea.. It may unsettle Rafa (he may think new owners have another man in mind for the job).. It may unsettle players (thinking better players will be brought in to replace them in the squad).. So for these reasons I'm quite content to let the two clowns get on with it as long as they stay out of first team affairs.

Quick Reply