Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Robert Kraft

Read 4979 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Robert Kraft
      Oct 19, 2008 08:34:40 pm
      http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftv2sport.dk%2Fnode%2F19729&sl=da&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

New millionaire in Liverpool?

Aggers Liverpool may be on track to get even an American billionaire with owners.

Tv2sport.dk learn that the New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft has started with due diligence in Liverpool.

This will enable New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft end up buying a smaller part of the club's shares from the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr.

Speculation about Liverpool ownership has flourished since Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr refinanced the club via the Royal Bank of Scotland in February.

And as the two Americans had to postpone construction of the club's ambitious stadium plans because of problems with the economic conditions in the world market.

Now learn tv2sport.dk however, that Tom Hicks has asked his friend Robert Kraft, who also owns the NFL team New England Patriots, to look through the accounts in the hope that he will bring more capital to Anfield.

Robert Kraft is believed to have been offered a small part of the club's shareholding as a compromise, especially since Tom Hicks does not want to sell to the Arabs from DIC, which has long been interested in acquiring the English big club.

He has financial power, however, he's a friend of Hicks.

BUT ... Apparently he's renowned for keeping a stable boardroom and keeping everyone happy;

Quote from: RAWK Poster
      Nothing wrong with Kraft, got a great track record.

Quote from: RAWK Poster
      Kraft would be awesome news for our club.

One of the best owners in US Sports and understands the need for good relations from boardroom to playing field. His players and coaches love him in New England...at least thats what it seems like.

Perhaps it's speculation, perhaps it's not. This could mean that Rafa get's the long-awaited new contract though.
      « Last Edit: Jun 27, 2009 05:17:49 pm by redkenny »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: New Millionaire (Kraft) in Liverpool?
      Reply #1: Oct 19, 2008 08:41:30 pm
      I don't trust anyone anymore  :(
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #2: Oct 19, 2008 08:45:24 pm
      I wouldn't be too keen on getting an American owner at this moment in time. America is being hit hard in the current credit crunch. What other investments does he have? How has he made his cash to date?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #3: Oct 19, 2008 09:18:35 pm

The cheese triangle market.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #4: Oct 19, 2008 09:26:19 pm
      What other investments does he have? How has he made his cash to date?

He owns New England Revolution of the MLS and as the article says the NFL's New England Pats, real estate and other stuff.

Doesn't really matter how they are treated on this side of the Atlantic because you look at Gillette who is considered by supporters of the hockey team he owns to be great as compared to here where everyone hates him.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #5: Oct 19, 2008 09:30:14 pm
      Grand i just wanted to make sure he wasn't making his money with the American banks. I'm not sold on the idea. I think the majority of Kopites would want DIC. I agree with Smiggs its hard to trust them anymore!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Oct 19, 2008 09:44:11 pm
      He was interested well before the yanks got a hold on our club wasn't he? Didn't we give him the elbow then?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #7: Oct 19, 2008 09:50:18 pm
      I believe we did, but going by that we also gave DIC the elbow.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Oct 19, 2008 10:02:07 pm
      I believe we did, but going by that we also gave DIC the elbow.

Absolutely. But that was a bit different because DIC had (and I say this with total sarcasm) 'competition'.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #9: Oct 19, 2008 10:09:52 pm
      Mmm, that's true.

In my honest opinion though, if this Kraft guy does arrive here, I'll have nothing against him - as long as he changes G&H's way of thinking.

Can't dislike someone if they've done nothing wrong. As long as there's change, I'll be willing to take a risk and say I'll welcome him to our club.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Oct 19, 2008 10:19:55 pm
      Can't dislike someone if they've done nothing wrong.

What if he stinks of cheese?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #11: Oct 19, 2008 10:21:39 pm
      Just chuck a bucket of Stella over him. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #12: Oct 19, 2008 10:22:15 pm
      As long as Liverpool have £350 million of debt on their books and no new stadium I won't be happy no matter who was in charge.

Take the debt off the club - put it back on yourselves as promised - start building the stadium.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #13: Oct 19, 2008 10:33:25 pm

with Hicks, Gillett & Kraft its likely to stink of Knob cheese
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #14: Oct 19, 2008 10:36:46 pm

Take the debt off the club - put it back on yourselves as promised - start building the stadium.

or maybe sell up and f*** off back to where you came from?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2008 10:40:50 pm
      Just chuck a bucket of Stella over him. ;)

Or make a pizza out of him and deliver it to JD - free of charge.

That is never going to happen with Hicks and Gillett though is it. Especially if Hicks is getting one of his friends to join the party. The debt would stay on the club and Kraft would probably pay some interest off so they can keep a hold on the club with the deluded idea that they will make the money in the distant future.

I think I've got every right to be pessimistic about this news after what's happened so far. Like Smiggs said, I too don't really trust anyone anymore.

If I tried to get over the pessimism for now, then I could say maybe this could be the stepping stone for Kraft to get full control and take the debt off the club - have the best interests for the club at heart. But is any business man going to do that in one clean swoop who's not a multi billionare? And if he was as good as some people on other forums say, then why did we not take him up on his offer last time around?

Maybe it could be he wasn't offering enough for the shareholders or he wasn't a good blagger. I don't know the full facts about that. Anything that prolongs the stay of the two people who have lied through their back teeth to us, makes me concerned though.

with Hicks, Gillett & Kraft its likely to stink of Knob cheese

I'd say that's more than likely, yes.

u1m81
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts | -1 
      Reply #16: Oct 19, 2008 11:06:22 pm
      I say get robbie fowler to buy us! ;D. really though, why isnt there any interest from english buyers.?! all this problem with foreign investors, they are just wanting the money.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Oct 20, 2008 07:48:33 am
      Sell to this kraft character, and I guarantee in a few months we'll be chanting the same "Yanks out!" as before, just a different yank in place of another.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #18: Oct 20, 2008 10:43:40 am
      Any proposal that leaves Hicks & Gillet in place is a great big no no from me!
      Why would somebody introduce significant funds to a club for a small share holding?
      Sounds like a load more bollocks.
      F**k off MR Kraft your not welcome
      We've been here before, all as we need now is another "Snoggy Doggy" statement
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #19: Oct 20, 2008 11:08:01 am
      Personally i don't like Kraft its not even real cheese. And another yank ?
      mancslayer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      • Mancs = Devil Worshipers
      Reply #20: Oct 20, 2008 11:22:55 am
      all we want is a stable owner who backs the management with the money the yanks havent delivered so its time for a new owner give him a chance we dont want to become like newcastle
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #21: Oct 20, 2008 11:38:01 am
      Doesn't really matter how they are treated on this side of the Atlantic because you look at Gillette who is considered by supporters of the hockey team he owns to be great as compared to here where everyone hates him.

There is a difference between Gillette and Kraft though. Gillette doesnt own a football team so he doesnt know half as much as what Kraft knows when it comes to football. We should of accepted Kraft's or D.I.C's offer before Gillett and Hicks even came into the equasion.
      jimbob
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 20, 2008 11:38:26 am
      i'm sure kraft expressed a big interest in trying to but arsenal, at a similar time to hicks and gillett's arrival at anfield. sure i remember a report on the news from that time

Quick Reply