Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Robbie Keane and Showboating!

Read 5248 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Robbie Keane and Showboating!
      Reply #46: Oct 24, 2008 11:45:13 pm
      Ok I have just seen the miss and it was a shocker, he should have just swung at it with his right foot, 99% chance it would have gone in.

He is'nt really a player who tries that sort of thing, would expect to see that sort of attempt from Babel but not Keane.

I think Keane is just trying too hard to impress and without doubt if he pulled it off and cored then his confidance would have been sky high and we would'nt be having this discussion. But it's in the past now and nothing can be done about it so he just has to prevent it from playing on his mind and do what he is best at and that is hitting the back of the net. We also have to keep giving him our full support because he will come good but if the fans start getting on his back then it will take him longer.
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #47: Oct 24, 2008 11:49:14 pm
      Ok I have just seen the miss and it was a shocker, he should have just swung at it with his right foot, 99% chance it would have gone in.

He is'nt really a player who tries that sort of thing, would expect to see that sort of attempt from Babel but not Keane.

I think Keane is just trying too hard to impress and without doubt if he pulled it off and cored then his confidance would have been sky high and we would'nt be having this discussion. But it's in the past now and nothing can be done about it so he just has to prevent it from playing on his mind and do what he is best at and that is hitting the back of the net. We also have to keep giving him our full support because he will come good but if the fans start getting on his back then it will take him longer.
      Good post.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #48: Oct 25, 2008 08:39:35 am
      Probably something to do with the pitch looking a little uneven.

Should jib the celebration off altogether, he only end up doing his back in, not getting any younger!

Good point. Might just end up injury-prone if he keeps that wheel stuff up.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #49: Oct 25, 2008 01:49:40 pm
      Im probably on my own here but did it not look like Robbie went for it first time with his left foot and when he didnt connect he tried to flick it in with his right. We all know what type of player Robbie is. Maybe the wind did take the ball away from him at the last second. I think he is being made a scapegoat here. The reason we only drew the game was because Rafa kept Yossi on the field when he was having a brutal game. I lost count the amount of times he gave the ball away. Kuyt should have started no doubt about it. With the changes Rafa made in the second half it seemed like he was content with a draw.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #50: Oct 25, 2008 04:33:48 pm
      The reason we only drew the game was because Rafa kept Yossi on the field when he was having a brutal game.

Yossi scored the goal that should've won us the game!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #51: Oct 25, 2008 04:57:48 pm
      So we didn't win so what it wasn't just Keane who missed and yet he's the one getting all the stick,get over it guys as all stickers have their moments of madness...
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #52: Oct 26, 2008 02:17:27 am
      he should have slotted it, BUT it was very very windy, and them new balls are substantially lighter, did it get slightly behind him so he had to change his shot at the last second, dont know i would have to  see it again, i have been against keans transfer from day one, but hopefully his mistakes will make him a better player
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #53: Oct 26, 2008 02:34:47 am
      ^^^^

I would have thought it will jut make him a better player because he would have realised he cant pull that bit of skill off so therefore he wont be trying it ;) Although if he does try it again and it goes in then you wont hear me complaining :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Oct 26, 2008 11:05:39 am
      Although if he does try it again and it goes in then you wont hear me complaining :D

He'd have some fair sized cojones to try that again i tell ya! :D
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #55: Oct 26, 2008 10:54:45 pm
      Ok sohe had a chance. He missed it. Had he scored it would we have started this thread? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is trying a bit too hard for us and is making stupid judgements!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #56: Oct 26, 2008 11:01:45 pm
      Ok sohe had a chance. He missed it. Had he scored it would we have started this thread? Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is trying a bit too hard for us and is making stupid judgements!!!

Of course not. If he had scored the thread would have been Robbie Keane - our new Brazilian.

But its a thin line between success and failure.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #57: Oct 27, 2008 03:59:47 am
      Missed a good chance last night, i'm pretty sure it was him who missed the touch. If not, apologies Robbie.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #58: Oct 27, 2008 02:48:36 pm
      The now infamous chance he missed in Madrid, for me wouldn't of been missed if he hadn't already scored. I think he felt that he'd already got one therefore he'd get away with trying to make this one look a bit extra special.

But it's gone, we've moved on now and Robbie (hopefully) won't try to be too clever next time.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #59: Oct 27, 2008 03:49:58 pm
      Going to have to check that now. 
      :mad:

Quick Reply