Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The huge Anfield problem

Read 311116 times
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Re: The huge Anfield problem
      Reply #1679: Oct 07, 2012 11:01:25 pm
      The atmosphere is poor at the moment and has been for a while - a lot of it seems to be nervous tension and the expectations lowered with not many going into the ground expecting us to win at the moment. We need a run of results at home
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1680: Oct 08, 2012 07:02:51 am
      The atmosphere was a disgrace last night. Those bellends should realize that getting tickets to a game at Anfield is a privilege not a God given right.   :f_steam:

Couldn't believe how many times the Kop tried to start singing songs only for the rest of the crowd not to join in.  :f_steam: :f_steam:

What gutted me the most was those Stoke cu*ts singing that song about Stevie, although to be honest, couldn't get all of what they were singing, and our crowd not even trying to drown them out.  >:( >:(

Then finally with 5 minutes to go, the whole crowd decide to try and urge on the lads but that itself lasted 2 minutes.  F***ing shameful that sh*t. No wonder no one fears coming to Anfield any more, long time since it's been a fortress.  >:(
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #1681: Oct 08, 2012 07:29:24 am
      The atmosphere is poor at the moment and has been for a while - a lot of it seems to be nervous tension and the expectations lowered with not many going into the ground expecting us to win at the moment. We need a run of results at home
      We need a run of results home and away,we should not be in a situation that to win is a surprise.It saddens me to see the results we are getting at Anfield and I just hope that our young lads can get their act together quickly and get us on the winning track.This is not a criticism of the young lads either as I firmly believe they are our future.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1682: Oct 08, 2012 12:34:51 pm
      The atmosphere was a disgrace last night. Those bellends should realize that getting tickets to a game at Anfield is a privilege not a God given right.   :f_steam:

Couldn't believe how many times the Kop tried to start singing songs only for the rest of the crowd not to join in.  :f_steam: :f_steam:

What gutted me the most was those Stoke cu*ts singing that song about Stevie, although to be honest, couldn't get all of what they were singing, and our crowd not even trying to drown them out.  >:( >:(

Then finally with 5 minutes to go, the whole crowd decide to try and urge on the lads but that itself lasted 2 minutes.  F***ing shameful that sh*t. No wonder no one fears coming to Anfield any more, long time since it's been a fortress.  >:(

Got to be honest, felt like a day-trippers paradise around me yesterday and far too many people are quite happy to clap along with the songs rather than actually sing them. Best atmosphere so far at Anfield this season has been the Man City game, it's been utter sh*t since then.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1683: Oct 08, 2012 12:55:04 pm
      Got to be honest, felt like a day-trippers paradise around me yesterday and far too many people are quite happy to clap along with the songs rather than actually sing them. Best atmosphere so far at Anfield this season has been the Man City game, it's been utter sh*t since then.

Spotted them all with their cameras mate.  :mad:
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1684: Oct 08, 2012 12:58:51 pm
      304 and 305 sing and that's it really. My ticket is in 203 and no one can be arsed apart from a few.

It's been sh*t at Anfield for years now, unless it's against a big team.
      sabbath
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #1685: Oct 08, 2012 01:01:27 pm
      I'm 27.  I can't remember the atmosphere ever being good on a consistent basis.  Yes, it's great against the "big" sides in the league and the champions league games but it's always been poor for the 3 o clock Saturday kick off against the smaller sides.  Unless we're constantly banging in goals against them.

Every other top side in the league is the same.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1686: Oct 08, 2012 01:37:29 pm
      The fact this topic is nearly 4 years old and started at a time we were flying high says a lot.

Were living off a reputation from the past within certain media circles. When ye hear away fans slating one of your players or your club or city in general and ye done repsond you know your in fooking trouble.

Wahtever the difference is in the 3 or 4 thousand lads who travel to aways and the 40 thousand inside Anfield I dont know as we all follow the same club!! Those lads who travel away should be rewarded with free season tickets in the Kop seated together!!!! 
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1687: Oct 08, 2012 09:25:36 pm
      That's right HR, iwas up the back of the Kop and we were rocking , F***ing some atmosphere it was , that's the way it should be all the time.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1688: Oct 08, 2012 09:32:33 pm
      Spotted them all with their cameras mate.  :mad:
      It isn't just daytrippers AR , regular match goers texting on their phones .
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #1689: Oct 08, 2012 10:01:11 pm
      It isn't just daytrippers AR , regular match goers texting on their phones .

Gareth Roberts
      ‏@robbohuyton
      Anyway, here’s a fella I seen in The Paddock. As you do, like. pic.twitter.com/tipH90Lq

A strapped on helmet camera!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #1690: Oct 08, 2012 10:03:42 pm
      Dear oh dear.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1691: Oct 08, 2012 10:07:32 pm
      I wonder does he know how much of a tool he is.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #1692: Oct 08, 2012 10:08:36 pm
      Christ almighty, whats going on these days?
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #1693: Oct 08, 2012 10:09:57 pm
      Inspector gadget.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #1694: Oct 08, 2012 11:04:06 pm
      What is he doing.

Until the club lower the prices then this is going to be a problem. I want to see tickets going up for sale at the actual office before online to give locals a chance aswell.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #1695: Oct 08, 2012 11:13:41 pm
      Gareth Roberts
      ‏@robbohuyton
      Anyway, here’s a fella I seen in The Paddock. As you do, like. pic.twitter.com/tipH90Lq

A strapped on helmet camera!

Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #1696: Oct 09, 2012 12:40:33 pm
      What is he doing.

Until the club lower the prices then this is going to be a problem. I want to see tickets going up for sale at the actual office before online to give locals a chance aswell.

It's easy to get tickets for us now, with late availabilities.

If all the armchair supports who moan about the atmosphere actually went the game, then I'm sure Anfield would be bouncing again.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,257 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1697: Oct 09, 2012 01:16:16 pm
      By the way dont lay all the blame on daytrippers. Ive been to too many games  now to notice enough locals not giving it 100%.

Granted there are people, me included, who like to study the game watch whats happenning on and off teh ball so arent going to give it 90 minutes of singing and clapping but to sit there and not get involved at all in any song even clap to it or roar on the team is inexcusable as is this crap of hetting up and going with 10 minutes to go to "beat the traffic" or " get the bus"  Jesus those last 10 could be the vital 10 minutes. Will never get that 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1698: Oct 09, 2012 02:25:23 pm
      By the way dont lay all the blame on daytrippers. Ive been to too many games  now to notice enough locals not giving it 100%.

Granted there are people, me included, who like to study the game watch whats happenning on and off teh ball so arent going to give it 90 minutes of singing and clapping but to sit there and not get involved at all in any song even clap to it or roar on the team is inexcusable as is this crap of hetting up and going with 10 minutes to go to "beat the traffic" or " get the bus"  Jesus those last 10 could be the vital 10 minutes. Will never get that

Agree, I can't fathom it out at all, I mean if someone doesn't give a F**k that they leave ten or fifteen minutes early, what the F**k is the point of going? A lot of the time, the last 10 are the best of the match.
      Even if we were 5-0 down I wouldn't leave early.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,330 posts | 6384 
      Reply #1699: Oct 09, 2012 10:40:29 pm
      Promise if I ever get to come to Anfield I will leave my camera at home, turn off my phone and keep up with the songs the best I can. And most likely you'd have to kick me out of the stadium as I wouldn't be leaving early, regardless the outcome.  :scarf:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #1700: Oct 10, 2012 09:50:15 pm
      I was at the Stoke game on Sunday, it was awful and it doesn't help when you get people like the two fella's in front of me who came in ten minutes after the game started, one of which spent the whole of the first half on his phone, went out 5 minutes before half time, came back in 10 minutes after we kicked off for the second half then proceeded to talk to his mate for the rest of the game, then left 5 minutes before full time, why even bother coming to the game  :roll: he could have done all that at home, there's no real passion anymore   >:(
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #1701: Oct 10, 2012 10:02:46 pm
      It's been awful for years, don't know why everyone is so shocked. Even the United games have a poor atmosphere, It's how modern football stadiums are now.

Imagine how it would be with 7000 more corporate seats in there!

Quick Reply