Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Arsenal v Liverpool - pre match

Read 34811 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool - pre match
      Reply #138: Dec 20, 2008 11:41:15 am
      Hyppia needs to start because if we win a corner he is the man to aim for. Great header of the ball. With the way Arsenal defend high balls a Sami Hyppia header could clinch this for us!

Nice one, was thinking the same thing. He's been getting closer and closer these last couple of matches, and after hitting the post I think he's due a goal.

A repeat of the one on the CL Quarter-final against Arsenal would do me! :D From the penalty spot into the top corner, loved it!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #139: Dec 20, 2008 12:04:34 pm
      At the moment Arsenal are a little like us a hit with the top teams and struggling with the so called smaller teams, the one difference is letting a goal in as with us it seems to spur us on and yet with Arsenal their heads drop so I will stick my head out and go for a 3-1 win.....
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #140: Dec 20, 2008 02:00:28 pm
      Gerrard should run the game for us, especially if we play this 4-2-3-1 formation (something I'm not usually a fan of). They'll have either Song or Denilison on him and being totally honest the pair of them are sh*te. Stevie will have the freedom just in front of their back four and everything should go through him. I think Xabi will have a lot of space as well because Fabregas isn't the type of midfielder to pressure you.

Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #141: Dec 20, 2008 04:38:55 pm
      Rafa Benitez is amongst us! ;) Or at least, you must be to make such comments. :D

Your entitled to your opinion, but he isn't injured so is available for selection, or to be brought on as a sub.

Insua will not be thrown in against Arsenal, I'm almost certain of that. This is Benitez, so anything can happen, but I expect either Dossena or Aurelio will start and the other will be on the bench - which would mean no place in the matchday squad for Insua.

It doesn't require the power of clairvoyance, to be fair...

He has a good record against Arsenal, and Rafa always tends to play him when you least expect it.

I think he'll make the bench at the very least. I'm certain Rafa will have jotted down the fact that Dossena was piss poor against Hull last weekend, and as Aurélio is only just back from injury what chance do you think he'll have?

While I agree that Dossena was poor last week, I still don't expect that will be anywhere near enough to see Insua start this one. Could be wrong, but sense suggests he won't.

I know its something that always gets thrown out there bu for this game what about Agger at LB? I like Insua but I worry about his experience. Dossena is too inconsistent, after his poor performance against Hull last week he could play a blinder against Arsenal. But thats a risk we can't afford to take with the way Arsenal play on the wings. Agger just brings more experience, he likes to go forward so the LB role would give him the freedom he doesn't get at centre half. I'm not saying make him our permanent Lb, just against Arsenal to keep a level head. Hyppia needs to start because if we win a corner he is the man to aim for. Great header of the ball. With the way Arsenal defend high balls a Sami Hyppia header could clinch this for us!

Agger at left-back? A position he's not played before...and you think this is the game to do that?

I don't get why people think he should play left-back, just isn't his position. He's a ball playing centre-back - not a left-back.

My team tomorrow would be

REINA

ARBELOA     CARRAGHER     AGGER     AURELIO

KUYT     MASCHERANO     ALONSO     BABEL

GERRARD 
                                     KEANE   

Arsenal will be up for this one and have something to prove at home against another big team, but it will be a 2-1 WIN, Keane and Kuyt!! COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!!!       

I'd love to see this turn out to be true, but I don't expect the starting team to be that nor the scoreline.
      « Last Edit: Dec 20, 2008 06:29:41 pm by Venison 86 »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #142: Dec 20, 2008 04:47:27 pm
      I've said before that our best formation would be

----------Reina-------------
      Arby----Carra-----Agger----Insua/Aurelio
      Kuyt-----Masch-----Xabi-----Riera
      ------------Gerrard---------
      -------------Keane-----------

Some may argue that Hyypia should start because of Adebayor and Hyypia can also score from high balls but I think Carragher can take Adebayor.
      Masch has to mark Cesc Fabregas so he doesn't make any dangerous passes that will lead to crosses for Adebayor.

Last season we had to make Hleb as well and it was difficult. The defence just need to do their job and our attack just has to score :)
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #143: Dec 20, 2008 06:25:30 pm
      Hey guys come end of sunday we will be 4 points above chelsea . so cheer up look on the bright side and be confident, thats what we really need right now yes the league title . in rafa we trust . njoy the game fellas.   
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #144: Dec 20, 2008 07:26:01 pm
      I'm so excited about this one!

Hopefully Liverpool's wondeful record when I go to watch them continues (5 wins in the last 5 games I've been to!).
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #145: Dec 20, 2008 09:10:34 pm
      Hopefully Liverpool's wondeful record when I go to watch them continues (5 wins in the last 5 games I've been to!).
      Mines the complete opposite, 5 loses in the last 5 games i went to ... so don't worry people i won't be going to this match or Madrid match either ;D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #146: Dec 20, 2008 09:41:08 pm

I think Keane could well get the nod tomorrow
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #147: Dec 20, 2008 09:44:05 pm
      You have 12 players on the pitch venison
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #148: Dec 20, 2008 09:46:13 pm
      You have 12 players on the pitch venison

Have you been at the cooking sherry again only eleven ;)
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #149: Dec 20, 2008 09:46:55 pm
      :lmao: I had to count!
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #150: Dec 20, 2008 09:47:31 pm

I think Keane could well get the nod tomorrow

Is Aurelio back fit? If so I'd imagine that will be the line-up but sometimes in the big games Benitez throws in a surprise
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #151: Dec 20, 2008 09:48:43 pm
      Have you been at the cooking sherry again only eleven ;)
      Nop mate Carlsberg ......Bet you counted them tho  :lmao:
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #152: Dec 20, 2008 09:57:50 pm
      Is Aurelio back fit? If so I'd imagine that will be the line-up but sometimes in the big games Benitez throws in a surprise

I think it is only Torres & Skrtel ruled out, not heard any thing on Aurelio fitness just wishful thinking, I am not keen on Dossena starting

Nop mate Carlsberg ......Bet you counted them tho  :lmao:

Nope  :f_whistle: I'm on the stella tonight for a change

themainsauce
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -1 
      Reply #153: Dec 20, 2008 10:10:27 pm
      Hope for a good game tomorrow.
      Do you reckon your boys will come to play?  You should do our lot aren't too clever at the back right now.
      Hopefully your lot will attack.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #154: Dec 20, 2008 10:28:56 pm
      Do you reckon your boys will come to play?  You should do our lot aren't too clever at the back right now.

Yeah couldn't see Liverpool going out for the draw. Big question is what Arsenal will turn up, the chelsea and utd performances was impressive but Hull and Fulham were woeful. Usually you raise your game in the big games so I expect this to be a good match. Draw is the most likely result I think
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #155: Dec 20, 2008 10:29:40 pm

Just got the heads up on your starting line up

See your getting the nod up front but with Bendtner, Bendtner & Bendtner across the back to clear the ball off the line youll be sure to keep a clean sheet ;)
      themainsauce
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -1 
      Reply #156: Dec 20, 2008 10:37:30 pm
      @ ShanerB: you're right we seem to raise our game against the bigger boys thus far, so who knows?  But that's been because Chavski and ManUre have been prepared to come at us.  Just can't tell how your boys will set their stall.

@ Venison:  Even with that line-up you'll be hard pressed to make a game of it. :P  And with Hippo and Our Jaaaaaaammie in defence i'd fancy meself for a few goals. 
      Is your backline Finnan, hippo, Jaaaaaaaaamie & Deadly Dossena?  I place a bet on Ade scoring against that lot. ;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #157: Dec 20, 2008 10:38:26 pm
      See your getting the nod up front but with Bendtner, Bendtner & Bendtner across the back to clear the ball off the line youll be sure to keep a clean sheet ;)

Like what you did there. ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #158: Dec 20, 2008 10:42:57 pm
      Just got the heads up on your starting line up

:lmao: :lmao:

Bendtner will be clearing the ball off our line though ;) :P
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #159: Dec 20, 2008 10:49:01 pm
      @ Venison:  Even with that line-up you'll be hard pressed to make a game of it. :P  And with Hippo and Our Jaaaaaaammie in defence i'd fancy meself for a few goals. 
      Is your backline Finnan, hippo, Jaaaaaaaaamie & Deadly Dossena?  I place a bet on Ade scoring against that lot. ;)

you might even get 2 but we will score 3, then again we havent got Crouch this season, still think we have enough about us to make Gallas cry
      themainsauce
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -1 
      Reply #160: Dec 20, 2008 10:53:19 pm
      you might even get 2 but we will score 3, then again we havent got Crouch this season, still think we have enough about us to make Gallas cry

Mate, with Jaaaaaaamie in your team I'd be worrying about him scoring the goals for us.

Quick Reply