Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Arsenal v Liverpool - match thread

Read 26650 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Re: Arsenal v Liverpool - match thread
      Reply #368: Dec 23, 2008 01:21:49 pm
      Emmanuel Adebayor has continued to rage against his red card in Arsenal’s clash with Liverpool and insists Jamie Carragher deserved to go and not him.

The striker was given his marching orders in the second half of Sunday’s 1-1 draw after a controversial second yellow card.

The Togo international insists Liverpool got off lightly and Carragher in particular deserved to see red.

“I can show you the marks on my legs,” he said in the Daily Mirror. “I was kicked a lot but I tried to stay on my feet. I don’t think I deserved a red card, but at least one of the Liverpool players did.

“Carragher was always fouling and so was Lucas. I made two fouls and got two yellow cards, which is not fair.”

the red for Adebayor was harsh I'd have thought the ref would use his discretion and have a strong word seein as it was a 2nd yellow,not complaining though.He's wrong about Carra- as usual he he took no prisoners but there were no studs flashing and nothing merited a red card.
      « Last Edit: Dec 23, 2008 01:28:48 pm by stuey »
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #369: Dec 23, 2008 01:33:23 pm
      I think if one of our players had been sent off for the two tackles Adebayor made we would have been up in arms about it.

I can understand Adebayor's frustration and him looking for other players who should also have been sent off for minor infringements.

Still p*ssed off that we didn't get all three points.  United must be made up with the way things are going.  They've been away, won a trophy and come back in a stronger position than when they left.  We need to pull our finger out and start winning or we will watch those bums from down the East Lancs picking up another title.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #370: Dec 23, 2008 01:43:21 pm
      Yes, so many times already that we have let a chance to increase the lead slip!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #371: Dec 23, 2008 02:13:57 pm
      I think if one of our players had been sent off for the two tackles Adebayor made we would have been up in arms about it.

I can understand Adebayor's frustration and him looking for other players who should also have been sent off for minor infringements.

Still p*ssed off that we didn't get all three points.  United must be made up with the way things are going.  They've been away, won a trophy and come back in a stronger position than when they left.  We need to pull our finger out and start winning or we will watch those bums from down the East Lancs picking up another title.
      As you say mate the mancs will be made up with their main rivals picking up the minimal points tally but its all pressure when they try to make the games in hand into 3 pointers,and now Villa are well and truly involved they've got less room to manoeuvre,I don't think the mancs are equipped to handle pressure like they were but only time will tell

Quick Reply