Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Read 6404 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Guitar Hero: World Tour
      Dec 29, 2008 12:34:57 pm
      Love this game.  Took a while to set up though.

The drums are rock hard to do IMO.  It's good that you can create your own songs, upload them, and download songs created by others to have a bash at playing.

The only disappointment is that there are a lot of tracks for Guitar Hero III on the PS store that I don't seem to be able to download and use in this game.

Anybody know if the guitar is compatible with the Guitar Hero III game?
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2008 01:08:53 pm
      Is this better than Guitar Hero III for a novice, that is?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #2: Dec 29, 2008 01:38:23 pm
      I haven't got Guitar Hero III although I've played it on the PS2 before.

Basically there is 5 levels of difficulty. 

In terms of guitar Beginner just involves strumming, not even playing any of the keys so I'm sure everyone will be able to find a level.  I can just about take Medium on Guitar but I'm still on Easy for the drums. The microphone is class as well.

All in all - very good fun, although me and the missus nearly fell out because she was useless on the drums and we got booed off!
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #3: Dec 29, 2008 01:58:30 pm
      HAHA! Can just imagine mine - I'd have to put her up for vocals!

GULP! Just looked at the price for the package...may have to go with GHIII for now!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2008 03:56:25 pm
      My Lad got just the Guitar bundle on the 360, what a laugh the oldies strumming away after christmas dinner
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #5: Dec 29, 2008 03:57:41 pm
      My Lad got just the Guitar bundle on the 360, what a laugh the oldies strumming away after christmas dinner

Think arthritis is starting to set in for me after a couple of my 3 song gigs!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2008 06:15:11 pm
      I fancy getting this, and can't see it being one of me bargain bin pick ups either! ;)

I'll settle into LBP and then see how my job's doing. Might have to move me room back around again though as me telly's at the end of the bed. No room for drums! :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #7: Dec 29, 2008 06:45:14 pm
      Great minds think alike! :D Played this with my brother in law at the weekend, and have bugged my wife into ordering it for me!  ::) It's great!

Just waiting for the postie to deliver it!!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #8: Jan 12, 2009 06:38:38 pm
      F***ing postie took his time didn't he, looking at the date of my last post!  :f_steam:

Just had a quick jam on it and it's as good as I remember, just have to find the time to play it now...  :-\
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #9: Jan 12, 2009 07:19:15 pm
      Just ordered this from play.com using my play sales money - ROCK!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #10: Jan 21, 2009 02:44:56 am
      Its good, my drums arent very responsive at times though. I've finished the career on hard, can play about 50% of the songs on expert (guitar)
      the bass is easy as, it gets too boring, even on expert.
      Im on easy/medium drums depending on song, can't hit a note on the vocals.
      Don't buy the tool gig, it sucks so badly.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #11: Jan 21, 2009 06:29:56 am
      I played the game for the first time at a friends house and enjoyed it quite well. I was belting out the tune and done a pretty decent job :)

As far as the game goes I like it.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #12: Jan 28, 2009 09:52:47 am
      For those interested, there are two Bruce Springsteen songs available for free download until February 4th, at which point you would need to pay to download them.

It doesn't mention in the article, but these two tracks are currently only available in Europe for the PS3 and XBox 360, the Wii tracks are available in USA only. They're working on it for the Wii, I'll keep an eye on it and update European Wii players when the songs are available.

http://community.guitarhero.com/news_posts/127

Bruce Springsteen Track Pack Available Now!

The Boss makes his Guitar Hero® World Tour debut today!  Free Download available until February 4th!

The Bruce Springsteen Track Pack is now available for download!  The Track Pack features the brand-new song "My Lucky Day" off his new album, Working on a Dream, as well as the classic track "Born to Run."

The Bruce Springsteen Track Pack will be FREE to download onto your PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii from January 27, 2009 - February 4, 2009! Sweet Deal!

On February 5, 2009, The Bruce Springsteen Track Pack will be available on the Xbox 360 for 320 MS points, on the PS3 for $3.99 and as singles on the Wii for 200 points each.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #13: Jan 28, 2009 06:19:16 pm
      I use the Rock band drums on GH World Tour, bit more responsive.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #14: Jan 28, 2009 11:10:11 pm
      Thanks for the heads up ayrton. I'll be downloading that and beating the living shits out of the drums.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #15: Jan 29, 2009 08:24:43 am
      For those interested, there are two Bruce Springsteen songs available for free download until February 4th, at which point you would need to pay to download them.

It doesn't mention in the article, but these two tracks are currently only available in Europe for the PS3 and XBox 360, the Wii tracks are available in USA only. They're working on it for the Wii, I'll keep an eye on it and update European Wii players when the songs are available.

In reference to this post, the songs are now available for Wii players in Europe (such as myself! ;D).
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #16: Jan 30, 2009 02:41:41 pm
      I've finished the career on hard, can play about 50% of the songs on expert (guitar)

Jesus!  :o I've more or less finished the career on medium (no laughing, please! ;)), but aren't looking forward to making the step up to hard. I tried, and have finished the first gig on hard, but for the moment can't wrap my head (or fingers) around the orange note. Practice makes perfect I suppose, so I'll get back to you in about 6 months to let you know I've got through the second gig! :D

the bass is easy as, it gets too boring, even on expert.

Not tried, but looks like a piece of piddle.

Im on easy/medium drums depending on song, can't hit a note on the vocals.

No drums for me. :( Too expensive. Vocals are for in the car and shower only! ;)

Don't buy the tool gig, it sucks so badly.

That's a matter of opinion, I quite like the songs on it! :D What I like about them is they're quite long, and really mix up a whole variety of ways of playing the guitar instead of being more or less the same style throughout, like Coldplay, for example, where you just repeat the same thing for about 5 minutes.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #17: Jan 31, 2009 01:54:43 am
      Mediums not bad.. I got guitar hero III and got stuck getting from medium to hard, but practice makes perfect.
      I've almost now finished hard career on guitar hero III - just raining blood and lou battle left.
      World tour is good, I haven't progressed much, started vocals beginner!! its super easy, but easy is too hard.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #18: Jan 31, 2009 07:23:30 am
      Mediums not bad.. I got guitar hero III and got stuck getting from medium to hard, but practice makes perfect.
      I've almost now finished hard career on guitar hero III - just raining blood and lou battle left.
      World tour is good, I haven't progressed much, started vocals beginner!! its super easy, but easy is too hard.

Thanks! :D

Guitar Hero: World Tour is the first one I've played, which is my excuse for being a slow starter! ;)

Since, though, I bought Guitar Hero III because it was a great deal (half-price  ;D), and like that I've got a second guitar to use when friends come around. Haven't tried it yet though, want to get better at World Tour first.

Is it just me, or is the guitar with World Tour 10 times better as well? Much more solid and responsive!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #19: Mar 27, 2009 08:13:51 am
      Looks like she was ready to grab that guitar from you and whack it up to Expert.

Bloody amateurs on Medium eh...

Thanks for taking the piss a while back - it encouraged me to make the step up from Medium to Hard. ;)

Whilst it now makes me look like I'm completely sh*te again, it's great fun! Going to take me a while to finish this difficulty level though...
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #20: May 26, 2009 10:58:03 am
      My brother's just gone out to buy this, I've never properly played before so I'm looking forward to it!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #21: May 26, 2009 06:26:36 pm
      It's good.  Although the lack of new tracks has been disappointing.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: May 26, 2009 08:21:08 pm
      Yeah, there are some tracks on there that I quite like so that was good, but then there's others.... I think if I hear Bon Jovi again I'll self implode.

By new tracks do you mean downloads for the game?

Quick Reply